I remember when Kalphite queen and KBD were hard to kill and then someone actually soloed them! It was like "Wow!". Now I'm not a member and never been but I can imagine that the Kalphite Queen and KBD aren't that hard anymore to solo.

One thing I would love to do in members is Monster Hunting and (Slayer, CW). When I see you people complaining about stats and costs... I just think: "What the hell did you expect?" It drops the best Runescape armour to date. The stats are achieveable and the costs can be covered by other activities. The part that it's not as rewarding as it should be, I agree that that can be frustrating but the reward is so huge. It all depends if you think it's worth your time and effort.

For years people have wanted high level updates and you almost never got them. Then came GWD, Tzaar, Corp etc. And now Nex. You should rightfully complain if you think something is wrong with Nex but don't say it's too hard. :shame: Veteran on Uncharted is hard ( :angry: ) But I'm not complaining I play it to beat it.

Nex is Jagex's way to say beat this... if you can. :P

By beating I mean either get Nex killed or get Nex killed numerous times and earn all/one of the rewards or however you define "beating".

kbd has been solo'd since the first day it came out on runescape classic.. just sayin

They should make a new boss for the people who find nex difficult. Maybe make a miniature version of her, 1/4 the hp, and her armor drops are like the new armors, but have the stats of addy/rune.

div>

@ the person who said stupid post

Don't be a little kid and say "stupidpost lolol!".. don't even reply to me anymore, as I won't reply to you.

Yes, it is sadly true that you can camp any gd boss for hours on end. Hell, at bandos, if you have 2-5 people you don't have ot bank until you need to go do something else, it is insane. When gwd bosses came out, they were not that hard. THey were moderatly hard, but not very hard. They've been made freskishly easier to damage creep.. which imho is bad.

Nex is hard. Hard does not bean bad. GWD bosses were fairly hard, but they had a high drop rate. 1 in 250 for the BEST weapon in the game was acceptable, because they needed a kill count and were not easy. Now they ar eeasy.

Nex, has a lower drop rate, and is much harder. Risk should = reward. If it takes you 45 minutes to kill it, then you should have a good shot at getting something good.

Think of the wildy. There isn't much reason to go to the wildy other then to pk.

There is the agility course.. but that isn't the best anymore, as its beren replaced with several others.

Red dragons.. who kills red dragons?

Green dragons, easy to kill, fairly high in the wildy.. I say thats the only thing balanced.

OMG KBD! Frost dragons > kbd... and aren't has hard.

Wildy always used to be "more risk, more reward", but that is nto the case anymore

Likewise with nex. The reward does not justify the time nor the risk spent.

Are we remembering the same GWD?

When GWD came out, Saradomin GWD in particular was brutal. Kill count easily took 20-30 minutes. If you were lucky, the trip would last almost that long, because we didn't have Terrorbirds to replenish our energy, or rest options. No one even really had Godswords yet.

Also, why does everyone say Nex has a lower drop rate? I've been seeing abundant Nex drops since day 1. Unlike Corporeal Beast - we didn't even really confirm that sigils came from it for a week or two. Within the first three days of Nex:

1) Brio_X here on TIF got a Torva Plate, which he traded for a Torva Helm

2) One of my friends was at a mass, and missed a Virtus Mask

3) Another of my friends was with a small LS team, and missed a Virtus Skirt/Legs

4) A picture of Pernix Top being LSed was posted on Zybez

5) I personally teamed with someone with a Zaryte Bow. He got it by trading a Pernix top that he got in a previous trip. Not the same person as the one on Zybez.

6) Someone put up a video of testing a Zaryte Bow. It was not the same as the person I was with.

7) Some merchant was running around wearing full Torva, that he had to buy from somewhere.

Nex drops really aren't as rare as people make them out to be, especially when there's 10 distinct drops.

@ the person who said stupid post

Don't be a little kid and say "stupidpost lolol!".. don't even reply to me anymore, as I won't reply to you.

Yes, it is sadly true that you can camp any gd boss for hours on end. Hell, at bandos, if you have 2-5 people you don't have ot bank until you need to go do something else, it is insane. When gwd bosses came out, they were not that hard. THey were moderatly hard, but not very hard. They've been made freskishly easier to damage creep.. which imho is bad.

Nex is hard. Hard does not bean bad. GWD bosses were fairly hard, but they had a high drop rate. 1 in 250 for the BEST weapon in the game was acceptable, because they needed a kill count and were not easy. Now they ar eeasy.

Nex, has a lower drop rate, and is much harder. Risk should = reward. If it takes you 45 minutes to kill it, then you should have a good shot at getting something good.

Think of the wildy. There isn't much reason to go to the wildy other then to pk.

There is the agility course.. but that isn't the best anymore, as its beren replaced with several others.

Red dragons.. who kills red dragons?

Green dragons, easy to kill, fairly high in the wildy.. I say thats the only thing balanced.

OMG KBD! Frost dragons > kbd... and aren't has hard.

Wildy always used to be "more risk, more reward", but that is nto the case anymore

Likewise with nex. The reward does not justify the time nor the risk spent.

Are we remembering the same GWD?

When GWD came out, Saradomin GWD in particular was brutal. Kill count easily took 20-30 minutes. If you were lucky, the trip would last almost that long, because we didn't have Terrorbirds to replenish our energy, or rest options. No one even really had Godswords yet.

Also, why does everyone say Nex has a lower drop rate? I've been seeing abundant Nex drops since day 1. Unlike Corporeal Beast - we didn't even really confirm that sigils came from it for a week or two. Within the first three days of Nex:

1) Brio_X here on TIF got a Torva Plate, which he traded for a Torva Helm

2) One of my friends was at a mass, and missed a Virtus Mask

3) Another of my friends was with a small LS team, and missed a Virtus Skirt/Legs

4) A picture of Pernix Top being LSed was posted on Zybez

5) I personally teamed with someone with a Zaryte Bow. He got it by trading a Pernix top that he got in a previous trip. Not the same person as the one on Zybez.

6) Someone put up a video of testing a Zaryte Bow. It was not the same as the person I was with.

7) Some merchant was running around wearing full Torva, that he had to buy from somewhere.

Nex drops really aren't as rare as people make them out to be, especially when there's 10 distinct drops.

Yes, there are a couple of the items out in the game, but most of your sightings are by people who are killing Nex. I have yet to see a single piece of the new armor in game yet. Not at the GE, not at TD's, not anywhere.

If the armor wasn't rare it wouldn't cost 1b+ to obtain. And if the drop rate stays the same it will most likely cost as much as spirit shields do. So much for revolutionizing PvP combat.

Stellactic.gif

Yes, there are a couple of the items out in the game, but most of your sightings are by people who are killing Nex. I have yet to see a single piece of the new armor in game yet. Not at the GE, not at TD's, not anywhere.

If the armor wasn't rare it wouldn't cost 1b+ to obtain. And if the drop rate stays the same it will most likely cost as much as spirit shields do. So much for revolutionizing PvP combat.

Really? I've seen at least two. One guy was wearing Torva Plate + Blue Partyhat while fishing at LRC on world 77. Didn't pay too much attention to him but he was 138. Another was a Zaryte Bow at the Dueling Arena. Also, you see several on RSOF in portraits (not sure if that really counts). I expect you can see them in W2 Grand Exchange too, or wherever else trade happens a lot.

Long =/= hard, and creating artificial difficulty by giving a boss uber amounts of HP doesn't accomplish much in the way of player satisfaction.

Just look at several of the optional bosses in FF12, Yiazmat as the best example. He has 50 million HP and takes quite a long time to beat, but he's not really difficult if you know what you're doing. He is just... boring and tedious. The only moderately interesting part of the fight is towards the end, when he enters berserk mode.

td2sig.jpg

Seeing items worn by merchanters does not make the item common.

A merchant who has 300 torva plates mean that there are at least 300 torva plates in the game.

Seeing a merchant who has 300 torva plates mean that there are 300 less torva plates in the game in use by people who actually use them.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Seeing items worn by merchanters does not make the item common.

A merchant who has 300 torva plates mean that there are at least 300 torva plates in the game.

Seeing a merchant who has 300 torva plates mean that there are 300 less torva plates in the game in use by people who actually use them.

I didn't say that the item is common. I said the drop rate is probably higher than people give it credit for, because the items are definitely being brought into the game.

Grimy trawled all RSOF drop logs (at the time) and found a drop rate of ~1/90 for any item. Accounting for the fact that people are less likely to post drop logs without drops, we can say 1/1000 is a decent average for items.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Grimy trawled all RSOF drop logs (at the time) and found a drop rate of ~1/90 for any item. Accounting for the fact that people are less likely to post drop logs without drops, we can say 1/1000 is a decent average for items.

1/100 could be closer to the truth, actually.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Long =/= hard, and creating artificial difficulty by giving a boss uber amounts of HP doesn't accomplish much in the way of player satisfaction.

Neither is making a boss that randomly picks somebody once every combat round and insta-zaps them to death in 1 hit and spreads all their items on the floor.

Thats just stupid.

P.S.

Did golv just go an enitre post without bashing efficiency?

Your style of efficiency sucks ass.

Its only suited for rwters, bots, and cheaters. NOT PLAYERS.

Did you miss that? Glad to give you your fix.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

P.S.

Did golv just go an enitre post without bashing efficiency?

Did you miss that? Glad to give you your fix.

well i guess 1 post is an improvement, hoping for 2 posts without bashing efficiency would have taken a miracle tho

no no, hes correct, read his post closer

a_final_name.png

1/1024 for each item is my educated guess.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a picture or confirmation of effigies from Nex (obviously only applies to FFA)? I've seen conflicting information but no confirmation.

2496 Completionist

1/1024 for each item is my educated guess.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a picture or confirmation of effigies from Nex (obviously only applies to FFA)? I've seen conflicting information but no confirmation.

There's a few Alogs floating around that have FFA effigy drops on them. Don't have any names off top of my head, though.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

I just see Nex as an ultimate boss to kill, the achievement of taking it down would be worth more then the drop to me.

Rohanlord.png

Notable solo drops: x3 Bandos boots, x2 Dragonic Visage, x2 Bandos Tassets, x1 Bandos Hilt, x1 Bandos Chestplate

the major reason why nex items are so rare isn't because nex is particularly hard to kill or that the item drops are that spectacularly rare, though those two factors play a role. the major issue is that it's very difficult to find large enough groups of people who are competent and trustworthy to hunt nex with you. organizing a trip for even a few kills is a large effort.

compare this to most bosses nowadays - even corp - which are soloable.

the best way to increase incentive to hunt nex is if the drops became more common. the perception now is: why would i go through the effort to form a team and take forever to hunt nex, potentially getting no drops? more common drops, even if they are individually worth less, makes the probability of a payoff higher.

"OMG ONLY BOTS USE BASIC MATH AND CALCULATOSR WTF???" - Golvellius

"herp derp" - Golvellius

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

"herp derp" - Golvellius

Lol'd irl.

I'll get back on topic though...

What's the deal with Curses/Prayers arguement now? It's been a few weeks since I've been to Nex, and people were hellbent on the idea that Prayers were far better than Curses.

Any confirmation/speculation?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

1 leech may not be bad on a team but most people should be using rigour

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

"herp derp" - Golvellius

Lol'd irl.

I'll get back on topic though...

What's the deal with Curses/Prayers arguement now? It's been a few weeks since I've been to Nex, and people were hellbent on the idea that Prayers were far better than Curses.

Well, the reason that people were hellbent on the idea that prayers were superior is that a few players started a rumor that Nex's soul split only heals on people with Ancient Curses, not those using normal prayers. There were also rumors that leech didn't work because Nex supported Zaros so there's no reason Zaros would help you against her.

On one hand, leech prayers definitely do work. It clearly gives you the messages and your stats increase. Decreases in Nex's stats aren't quite as noticeable but they're probably there, too. On the other hand, people who used Statius War Hammer noticed that her defense would revert to normal after every phase. This implies that her stats in general get reset, meaning that having additional leechers is probably ineffective.

I'm pretty sure you want at least one person leeching defense (you won't be using Statius War Hammer or BGS, as the special energy is better used for Dragon Claws / Vesta Longsword). Asides from that, the question is whether you prefer 20% Ranged and 23% Strength, or 5-10% Attack and 32.9% Strength.

Both options have their merits.

Dragon Claw benefits immensely from the extra strength. Especially if your team is small and you can't reliably instantly finish her smoke phase, you'll drastically reduce the amount of damage you take. Chaotic Maul, and Vesta's Longsword to a certain extent, benefit less from the strength (although they do still hit higher on average).

Diamond Bolts definitely benefit from Rigour. Ruby Bolts still benefit, but like C Maul and VLS, it's probably a lesser benefit.

Soul Split can also be quite effective during the last phase, as Nex tends to focus on one player, then switch. If you have ~500 LP left when she switches, you can easily save a whole brew by soul splitting from there.

I guess the real question is whether the "Nex healing on curses" myth is true. I can't tell it from the videos, honestly, which is why I'm still hoping for confirmation either way. If the myth is false, I think a mix of Rigour and Turmoil is ideal. If the myth is true, it's pretty clear that you want the whole team using Rigour.

Well, the reason that people were hellbent on the idea that prayers were superior is that a few players started a rumor that Nex's soul split only heals on people with Ancient Curses, not those using normal prayers. There were also rumors that leech didn't work because Nex supported Zaros so there's no reason Zaros would help you against her.

On one hand, leech prayers definitely do work. It clearly gives you the messages and your stats increase. Decreases in Nex's stats aren't quite as noticeable but they're probably there, too. On the other hand, people who used Statius War Hammer noticed that her defense would revert to normal after every phase. This implies that her stats in general get reset, meaning that having additional leechers is probably ineffective.

I'm pretty sure you want at least one person leeching defense (you won't be using Statius War Hammer or BGS, as the special energy is better used for Dragon Claws / Vesta Longsword). Asides from that, the question is whether you prefer 20% Ranged and 23% Strength, or 5-10% Attack and 32.9% Strength.

Both options have their merits.

Dragon Claw benefits immensely from the extra strength. Especially if your team is small and you can't reliably instantly finish her smoke phase, you'll drastically reduce the amount of damage you take. Chaotic Maul, and Vesta's Longsword to a certain extent, benefit less from the strength (although they do still hit higher on average).

Diamond Bolts definitely benefit from Rigour. Ruby Bolts still benefit, but like C Maul and VLS, it's probably a lesser benefit.

Soul Split can also be quite effective during the last phase, as Nex tends to focus on one player, then switch. If you have ~500 LP left when she switches, you can easily save a whole brew by soul splitting from there.

I guess the real question is whether the "Nex healing on curses" myth is true. I can't tell it from the videos, honestly, which is why I'm still hoping for confirmation either way. If the myth is false, I think a mix of Rigour and Turmoil is ideal. If the myth is true, it's pretty clear that you want the whole team using Rigour.

Very detailed explanation, thank you. I've got a handful of DG tokens left, might get rigour. CCB + Rigour + Void range with helm/claw switch seems to be the going gear for smaller teams, correct?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Nex heals on both curses and prayers during the last phase. That rumour is completely false.

For me, the decision is an easy choice. A constant 10-15% increase in ranged accuracy is more important than the increases in strength for your 2-3 claw specs/kill.

2496 Completionist

A little birdy told me her drop rate will be improved soon.

No pics no proof. Don't want to step down that low.. but its true

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

A little birdy told me her drop rate will be improved soon.

actualy ive been hearing the same little birdy

a_final_name.png