Ideal Nex Set Up, The Numbers

Grand Lord Dan

You're saying her magic attack never misses, so choose d'hide?

Essentially, yes. Her magic attack rarely, if ever, misses. Her melee attack misses uncommonly, but noticeably. Sacrificing melee defense for ranged defense seems kind of an odd choice.

Honestly, risk doesn't bother me. At one point I was tempted to wear a set of Armadyl blessed D'hide and join the teams that required Karils/Arma.

Karils has its uses, but I'm not sure Nex is one of them.

Nex wasn't made to be killed efficiently by low levels who can't afford the best gear.

This.

If you don't have at least max cash, you ain't Nexxin, son. At least not more than one kill.

o.O That's going a bit far I'd say. I've never had more than a 400m cash pile, and I'm only recently passing 2B bank value, but I've hunted Nex several times. Other than Pernix / more Chaotics, I have pretty much everything I need too...

Nex is actually a boss which is a challenge.. like 2005 Jad challenging.

Not really. She's actually not very difficult to anyone who's got a good amount of experience with faster-paced games. The hardest part is finding a good and trustworthy team to go with. :\

It takes a good mass of 20 people 4 minutes to kill her...

Have you ever been there?

Probably not looking at your dung level.

I'd love to do nex but I doubt I can get on any teams with 76 def, even with divine/ovls/claws/void deflector etc... The 1m loss per trip or w/e it is is definetly worth it if you're high lsp and a drop could get you max cash+

Bbk.png

Essentially, yes. Her magic attack rarely, if ever, misses. Her melee attack misses uncommonly, but noticeably. Sacrificing melee defense for ranged defense seems kind of an odd choice.

Honestly, risk doesn't bother me. At one point I was tempted to wear a set of Armadyl blessed D'hide and join the teams that required Karils/Arma.

actualy there is an extreme point where it matters

full morrigans + eeks she misses abotu 1 out of 3 attacks, same case with pernix

full arma + eeks she misses about 1 out of 4, or maybe even 30%

a_final_name.png

full morrigans + eeks she misses abotu 1 out of 3 attacks, same case with pernix

yeah, there's some reason to believe that the relationship between nex's accuracy and your magic defense isn't of the form that we'd normally expect.

it's quite possible that nex has some sort of magic-armor piercing ability. Of course a number of other explanations are possible.

But several players seem to observe nontrivial splashing for armadyl/morrigans armor. But her magic attack seemingly never misses at *slightly* lower magic defense

Naaxi.png

yeah, there's some reason to believe that the relationship between nex's accuracy and your magic defense isn't of the form that we'd normally expect.

it's quite possible that nex has some sort of magic-armor piercing ability. Of course a number of other explanations are possible.

But several players seem to observe nontrivial splashing for armadyl/morrigans armor. But her magic attack seemingly never misses at *slightly* lower magic defense

similar to the way kc is done, there is probably a def bonus cutoff for the boss as well

example: 100 mage def and reavers wont attack you

so maybe at 100 mage def shes 100% accurate, and having 150 is the same as having 50 mage def vs her attack, still very accurate but misses some

so 175 compared to 150 (as in adding and eeks) wouldnt be like 10-15% more mage def, but would actualy be about 50% more mage def vs her and have a bigger dent on her accuracy

so yea maybe she just ignores the first so many def lvls, like kc minions ignore you after so much def

a_final_name.png

Nex wasn't made to be killed efficiently by low levels who can't afford the best gear.

This.

If you don't have at least max cash, you ain't Nexxin, son. At least not more than one kill.

o.O That's going a bit far I'd say. I've never had more than a 400m cash pile, and I'm only recently passing 2B bank value, but I've hunted Nex several times. Other than Pernix / more Chaotics, I have pretty much everything I need too...

Not really. She's actually not very difficult to anyone who's got a good amount of experience with faster-paced games. The hardest part is finding a good and trustworthy team to go with. :\

Have you ever been there?

Probably not looking at your dung level.

Dude, why do people keep responding to him? Put him on your ignore already. He's not even trying to be subtle with his trolling anymore.

And yes, I came out of retirement just to post this. Don't feed the [bleep]ing trolls.

td2sig.jpg

Does anyone know what curses really do to Nex yet?

Early on, some people (notably, Stokenut) were reporting that Nex's soul split didn't heal when everyone used normal prayers, but I tested that with several TIFers, and she still healed even though everyone in the room had normal prayers activated. However, when we tested afterwards with Curses, she seemed to heal slightly more. It could also have been because she was randomly hitting harder on our second trip, but after watching two trio vids where everyone used normal prayers, I'm not sure what to think.

A Jagex Mod specifically said on the forums that prayer books have no effect on Nex, but he could easily be misinformed, or talking about the wrong prayer books (Holy Book, Unholy Book, etc).

EDIT:

Nex 4-man, early on, with curses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6BWPr9MtM

Two Nex trios with normal prayers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaJe6cF5L8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR3ADttmSwM

I'm not seeing much of a difference personally, but I'd love another opinion on this, because I keep seeing comments on those videos along the lines of "They use normal prays so Nex doesn't heal" and so on, and it seems Stokenut and Woox definitely believe it. That, or they decided Rigour + Piety outweighs Leech Ranged/Defense + Turmoil.

anyone can do and should do nex as long you get big enough team with people of your level or accepts you.

The beautiful thing about Runescape is that difficult boss can get easier with increasing mass of people, which I find is nice for many casual players.

Raiding Sunwell back in Burning Crusade in WoW was like...............catastrophically hard. I would have loved to have more than 25 people in the raid just to get past one of the dumbest boss in history (Muru).

Regardless of the loot chance, I'm pretty sure many players play the game for its story, experience content (quest, minigame etc) because of its content, not the reward.

-Example. I still play soul war even though all of my combat stats are 99, I just enjoy the game.

Sometimes I feel monetary rewards has ruined the game to a degree, people should play what they enjoy, not what they make the most money out of.

anyone can do and should do nex as long you get big enough team with people of your level or accepts you.

The beautiful thing about Runescape is that difficult boss can get easier with increasing mass of people, which I find is nice for many casual players.

Raiding Sunwell back in Burning Crusade in WoW was like...............catastrophically hard. I would have loved to have more than 25 people in the raid just to get past one of the dumbest boss in history (Muru).

Regardless of the loot chance, I'm pretty sure many players play the game for its story, experience content (quest, minigame etc) because of its content, not the reward.

-Example. I still play soul war even though all of my combat stats are 99, I just enjoy the game.

Sometimes I feel monetary rewards has ruined the game to a degree, people should play what they enjoy, not what they make the most money out of.

Agreed, most people go to Nex just for the rewards, but I watched the trio vids, and the actual boss fight looks really awesome, not the normal piling Corp/ other GWD bosses.

Also, I don't think max cash is needed for fighting Nex, considering the really only expensive items are fury/claws/divine/bolts? so maybe it takes 1.3b to fight Nex effectively, not to mention if you go in masses, a divine is probably not needed, and now your perhaps looking at about 200m in gear+items for nex, while most things are untradable items like dg weps/void. However, prayer/summ/herb/range cost a lot, but you don't get those up just for Nex soz I wouldn't count them in the cost to fight her.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

This.

Just shut up if you don't know anything about the subject.

With Nex updated to be a little more realistic, has anything changed in how she's taken down?

focus is more on faster kills with smaller teams, since there is no killcount problem anymore

Thus meaning Void is more important now. Alright, thanks.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

With Nex updated to be a little more realistic, has anything changed in how she's taken down?

focus is more on faster kills with smaller teams, since there is no killcount problem anymore

a great offense could be the best defense, atleast that's what grimy more or less found out. Doing the most damage isn't only about having the best offensive set, but when you can kill nex on max stats consistently(don't brew yourself to 0's). A divine could be as much of an offensive weapon as full void, at nex, and i'm still guessing that full pernix with divine would be the best setup possible.

As for large teams with lower levels, because of the specifics of nex, there are limits to how far you can push until you just can't outdamage her from what she heals in both blood stage and soul split stage, so really, there is no point in stupid masses.

a great offense could be the best defense, atleast that's what grimy more or less found out. Doing the most damage isn't only about having the best offensive set, but when you can kill nex on max stats consistently(don't brew yourself to 0's). A divine could be as much of an offensive weapon as full void, at nex, and i'm still guessing that full pernix with divine would be the best setup possible.

As for large teams with lower levels, because of the specifics of nex, there are limits to how far you can push until you just can't outdamage her from what she heals in both blood stage and soul split stage, so really, there is no point in stupid masses.

This. Once you get more than 10 people, Nex's healing abilities begin to overpower your group, especially if people try to run away when she gets on them, dragging Nex away from the rest of the group (and therefore wasting many valuable turns of combat).

td2sig.jpg