15-Feb-2011- Skill Bonanza

Michael

Have you actually fished Rocktails? The deposit box is like 15 seconds away. I usually don't even catch a rocktail in those 15 seconds.

Still, you need to rebank quicker and you loose the benefit of the granite lobster which boosts your lvl AND fishes for you.

You catch a grand total of like 100 Rocktails in the duration of a Granite Lobster.

Fishing Rod + Minerals + 4 urns = You need to make 5 bank trips. Don't bring the urns, and you make 4 bank trips. So you save a whopping 30 seconds by not using the Urns throughout the life of a Granite lobster. Sure, you wouldn't want to camp for 4 lobsters with urns, but it's not like it's hard to get back to LRC (SSS -> Lassar -> a minute's walk). I tele after about an hour of fishing anyways to do an Herb run.

What's SSS - lassar?

I personally use combat bracelet to monastery and run from there.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's SSS - lassar?

Sorry, typo. Meant SS: Spellbook Swap. Swap to Ancient, Lassar Teleport puts you on Ice mountain. Monastery works too but I'm too lazy to recharge them or keep items of multiple charge amounts in my bank.

What's SSS - lassar?

Sorry, typo. Meant SS: Spellbook Swap. Swap to Ancient, Lassar Teleport puts you on Ice mountain. Monastery works too but I'm too lazy to recharge them or keep items of multiple charge amounts in my bank.

Saradomin Sword?

Soul Split?

Spellbook Swap?

Schutzstaffel?

Safe Spot?

On topic:

It seems decorated woodcutting and smelting urns are "missing"? Perhaps this means there may be upcoming higher level updates to these skills, along with a new higher level urn to go with it.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

oh look another update to gain faster exp in already fast skills.

The only fast skill updated is cooking. While smithing and prayer could be considered fast, they are very costly.

I don't understand what you are getting at. Mining, woodcut and fishing are all 3 boring and slow skills, so an added xp boost is always a pleasure.

Stellactic.gif

oh look another update to gain faster exp in already fast skills.

The only fast skill updated is cooking. While smithing and prayer could be considered fast, they are very costly.

I don't understand what you are getting at. Mining, woodcut and fishing are all 3 boring and slow skills, so an added xp boost is always a pleasure.

It doesn't even help smithing where it is fast. The smelting urn only helps while....smelting...

Cooking urns barely add any xp/hr considering how fast cooking already is.

And out of the other 3, woodcutting is the fastest at ivy being close to 100k xp/hr (?), however, the urns don't work with ivy.

These urns barely made skills faster, and mining and fishing are among the slowest skills now. It seems Naraku really doesn't know much about this update, or the skills which it effects

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You catch a grand total of like 100 Rocktails in the duration of a Granite Lobster.

Fishing Rod + Minerals + 4 urns = You need to make 5 bank trips. Don't bring the urns, and you make 4 bank trips. So you save a whopping 30 seconds by not using the Urns throughout the life of a Granite lobster. Sure, you wouldn't want to camp for 4 lobsters with urns, but it's not like it's hard to get back to LRC (SSS -> Lassar -> a minute's walk). I tele after about an hour of fishing anyways to do an Herb run.

You're correct, in this particular case it is indeed wise to bring the urns, it results in an increase of +-1240xp.

If you would have to rebank for extra urns each hour like you said (not everyone does farm runs), it would probably result in less xp/hour.

Since you probably catch four or more rocktails in the time to bank + run back to LRC.

A very narrow gap where these fishing urns turn out to be useful for high lvl fishers...

You're correct, in this particular case it is indeed wise to bring the urns, it results in an increase of +-1240xp.

If you would have to rebank for extra urns each hour like you said (not everyone does farm runs), it would probably result in less xp/hour.

Since you probably catch four or more rocktails in the time to bank + run back to LRC.

4 Urns = 7,600 experience.

I'm pretty sure I can do an extra deposit box run, teleport, and come back before you can catch 20 Rocktails.

4 Urns = 7,600 experience.

I'm pretty sure I can do an extra deposit box run, teleport, and come back before you can catch 20 Rocktails.

Messed up strong and decorated fishing urns xp... I'll be using these urns after all!

I'm glad you let me see the light. :wink:

Exp gains. As well as item gains to be considered. It's considered for players who pull away from chopping ivy, etc.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

is there a way to take ashes out of an urn ?

what can you use an urn with ? (there is this option on rightclick)

can you use a urn on an altar somehow?

No you cannot get them out.

No you cannot do anything with it but teleport it.

The "Use" option means nothing every single item in rs has use, examine and drop/destroy option

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I was crossing my fingers for a crafting urn, because I wanted to fill my crafting urns while I crafted crafting urns to fill with other crafting urns.

The internet would break if you do that. Same reason you cant type Google into Google.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was crossing my fingers for a crafting urn, because I wanted to fill my crafting urns while I crafted crafting urns to fill with other crafting urns.

The internet would break if you do that. Same reason you cant type Google into Google.

What do you mean? Can't type Google into Google?

Look, I'll do it no--- OH JESUS NO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!

On topic: I like the urns :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Holy crap! :blink:

I am so not doing THAT again! :ohnoes:

nyuseg.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You sir, are win incarnate.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Before reading all material about urns I merrily went cutting willows with an inventory full of urns... Did get a little surprise when right after the first click it said inventory is full haha. Really hoped for an alternative to dropping/banking. Though i suppose the little xp extra is nice too...

Before reading all material about urns I merrily went cutting willows with an inventory full of urns... Did get a little surprise when right after the first click it said inventory is full haha. Really hoped for an alternative to dropping/banking. Though i suppose the little xp extra is nice too...

yea, getting the mix between inventroy used by urns and xp gain is the thing.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!