15-Feb-2011- Skill Bonanza

Michael

How many ashes to the urns take before they go? This is the crucial factor in seeing how worthwhile they are for the lower levelled ashes.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many ashes to the urns take before they go? This is the crucial factor in seeing how worthwhile they are for the lower levelled ashes.

100 for greaters so I hear, but if you don't want to make urns, can't you just use a bonecrusher?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

* The Winter Storage special move will once again default to the player's inventory view.

Best thing about this update, tbh.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

The Infernal Urn has 1875 xp worth of ashes each, so at 75 for the Infernal Ashes that's 25 per urn (so up to 10 needed per abyssal demon task).

15 per Greater Demon ash so that's 125 demons per urn.

And for the rubbish ash that's 4.8 xp each ~390 creatures per urn.

Thanks DarkDude :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

100 for greaters so I hear, but if you don't want to make urns, can't you just use a bonecrusher?

For the urn part, 100 greaters would not make sense for the mid level urn, maybe for the high level one. My guess for the mid would be ~25 infernal? ashes

Colour-coded for your convenience.

wcurn.png

Powercutting oaks it took ~10 mins to fill, give or take. It doesn't work on ivy. Teak should be good.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The Karamja thing is a new fruit you can buy from a local. Apparently it also saves our planet. :thumbup:

2qwklxe.png

After eating obscene amounts of that stuff, bought for a tiny sum from the natives, I proceeded to cut down dozens of trees, mined out the natural ore deposits in the area, paid vast amounts of cash to the sawmill to get some planks, killed half a dozen cows for their sinew, smelted a dozen metal bars using unrefined coal, slaughtered 26 yaks for their hair which I spun into rope, then defaced several spots of natural beauty with hidey-holes and rope racks for the convenience of abusing a rare bird species or taking shortcuts through prior undisturbed routes. After all that, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling that I did my part to save the rainforest. icon_thumbsu.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Doing concentrated gold with decorated mining urn 2% fill per ore. So it takes 50 to get the bonus.

Could be pretty decent to use a few perhaps.

Also possible new (budget) power training craft methods?

130xp for making and firing a decorated cooking urn.

Barb village now has 5 clay rocks just south of it, plus a well you can use to make soft clay plus the pottery house.

Seems you could fairly easily make a pretty decent xp rate here with dropping urns.

Heck prob even more good for lower lvls using the lower urns.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

For the urn part, 100 greaters would not make sense for the mid level urn, maybe for the high level one. My guess for the mid would be ~25 infernal? ashes

Assuming the bonus is the same (20%) then for the mid level urn.

375 xp

Impious ashes - ~78

accursed ashes - 25

And for the Impious Urn

120 xp

Impious Ashes - 25

So tbh there's no point in not making the highest level urn as they use the exact same supplies to make. Although I have no idea if you can mix and match different ash types.

I assume the Infernal Ash urn is the one that requires 81 crafting to make?

Well -- looks like it's time to get out my SC Needle and those dhides I've been saving for a rainy day ... :shades:

62 crafting to make.

All the information I've gotten so far is from the knowledge base, use it people :P

625 mining xp for the decorated urn seems really low. :mellow:

I agree, the pattern of the urns makes very little sense. Add on top of that that there's no decorated Woodcutting or Smithing Urns makes it even strange. I imagine they'll bring out the smithing urns with the smithing update (as strong stops at level 85 bars). I guess if there's ever a new tree of higher level than magic that'll go towards a decorated woodcutting urn?

Nice small update. Nothing groundbreaking, but nice.

It's a pretty nice update for prayer. Like you said, it won't make a humongous difference but I expect the price of all bones to come down (even if it's only a little)

Would be nicer if the urns held on for more exp - it'd be nice only to sacrifice one inventory space as opposed to 10.

capt%20kevin.png

Assuming the bonus is the same (20%) then for the mid level urn.

375 xp

Impious ashes - ~78

accursed ashes - 25

And for the Impious Urn

120 xp

Impious Ashes - 25

So tbh there's no point in not making the highest level urn as they use the exact same supplies to make. Although I have no idea if you can mix and match different ash types.

Well KB implies you can mix them.

Only rule being impious does impious.

Accursed does impious and accursed

Infernal does all 3.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The Karamja thing is a new fruit you can buy from a local. Apparently it also saves our planet. :thumbup:

2qwklxe.png

After eating obscene amounts of that stuff, bought for a tiny sum from the natives, I proceeded to cut down dozens of trees, mined out the natural ore deposits in the area, paid vast amounts of cash to the sawmill to get some planks, killed half a dozen cows for their sinew, smelted a dozen metal bars using unrefined coal, slaughtered 26 yaks for their hair which I spun into rope, then defaced several spots of natural beauty with hidey-holes and rope racks for the convenience of abusing a rare bird species or taking shortcuts through prior undisturbed routes. After all that, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling that I did my part to save the rainforest. icon_thumbsu.gif

This was so funny. :thumbsup:

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

2qwklxe.png

Thank you for making my week, sir. =D>

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.