How can you keep track of GE items on Excel?

runevirage

I'm looking for a way for prices of certain items to auto-update on an Excel spreadsheet. I see that RS Wiki is able to auto-update all prices in real-time, so I'm hoping that there can be some sort procedure to do that in Excel as well. I tried following the "Import from Web" instructions that I've seen in a few places, I get all the text from the page instead of just the price. Also, the price isn't in a numerical format, e.g. 75k. How do I get Excel to interpret this as 75000? Thanks.

theres a guide to it floating around somewhere.

You gotta build a formula that imports the page

Then searches for a specific table ceel to display

Then in the case of items tht display as 75k write a formula tht takes it removes the k and adds 000 to it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

takes some visual basic scripting know-how, but it's easy enough to teach yourself.

my question to you is this: why do you need to log this information? the GE database logs data for 180 days, which is enough for any merchanting purposes, and suggested GE market price is hardly relevant for the historical value of keeping prices of interesting items (discontinueds and other ultra rare items).

takes some visual basic scripting know-how, but it's easy enough to teach yourself.

my question to you is this: why do you need to log this information? the GE database logs data for 180 days, which is enough for any merchanting purposes, and suggested GE market price is hardly relevant for the historical value of keeping prices of interesting items (discontinueds and other ultra rare items).

GE Database is fine for looking at individual items, but I want to analyze 100 items or more at once and also put them through different algorithms. I've got the algorithms down pat, but I'm stuck manually inputting data for now.