Jagex needs to upgrade their GE servers

runevirage

Whenever I use the GE database, there's either extremely slow performance or 404's. I've tried this on 3 separate computers now, each with completely different internet connections. It's borderline unusable at the moment. Clearly there has been an upswing in trade lately, so I think Jagex should either upgrade or get more servers in order to accommodate the increased demand.

Edit: referring to the GE Database on the main Runescape website, not the one in-game. Thanks to those that clarified before.

GE loads fine for me. No more servers needed

*sorry it took 27 mins*

...but yeah quite often I try to access it and it takes ages. Someone will ask me how much something is and by the time ive answered it by looking on the GE they already looked it up on the RSwiki.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yeah, they REALLY need to U/G all their servers, their whole site lags for me with an 8MB connection.

I think that they're losing a lot of customers and can't really afford to U/G, which is a shame.

Yeah, they REALLY need to U/G all their servers, their whole site lags for me with an 8MB connection.

I think that they're losing a lot of customers and can't really afford to U/G, which is a shame.

10:17am on a non-holiday Wednesday: Number of players online = 184,082.

Dear Roz,

Stop trying to pull things out of me. It is rather painful and the conclusion you're coming to has no basis in reality.

With love,

Roz's ass.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

The reasons why it is laggy:

Mass influx of players

New ge system means calculating price changes is different

New items and items that were once constant are now seeing changes, meaning more item updates

I agree that Jagex should at least update the most popular items first, then hit the lesser ones.

The reasons why it is laggy:

Mass influx of players

New ge system means calculating price changes is different

New items and items that were once constant are now seeing changes, meaning more item updates

I agree that Jagex should at least update the most popular items first, then hit the lesser ones.

The GE only updates every so often, the only thing that would change due to more GE transactions is the time required to calculate new prices and quantity traded. After that the data is cached until the next GE update, so there is no need to keep updating things. Somewhere jagex has a major load balancing issue or something on the server is failing to work properly.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I've been using the G.E. for the past hour or two and have had no issues. But maybe that's just me ...

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Hmmm - I wonder what the cost of upgrading servers for the GE might be?

Sooooo Jagex, are you happy you brought back Free trade now? ;)

what does this have to do with free trade?

Some people say they have only seen this lag ever since free trade. So there thinking would be free trade = more players = too many for their servers to handle = lag. Personally i haven't experienced any lag at all.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Accessing the GE database has proved very problematic for me over the past few days.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I think a few of the people on this thread think OP is talking about the actual GE when he's actually talking about the Grand Exchange section of the website with the graphs.

I've also had problems, thought it was just my computer :rolleyes:

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Hmmm - I wonder what the cost of upgrading servers for the GE might be?

Sooooo Jagex, are you happy you brought back Free trade now? ;)

what does this have to do with free trade?

Some people say they have only seen this lag ever since free trade. So there thinking would be free trade = more players = too many for their servers to handle = lag. Personally i haven't experienced any lag at all.

I thought it was just her usual "Free trade ruined everything" rant...

I have trouble with GE database as well, although it's completely random. Same thing happens to YouTube where I don't get any icons just a list of links to the side of the page.

And holy crap! NJE is back?

Staurolite.png