Jagex needs to upgrade their GE servers

runevirage

Their servers have been really struggling lately, and not just the GE database. Every world is laggy, and that "auto-logout" bug seems to be occurring more often, too. Both yesterday and today, I had it happen as soon as I tried to log on. Hadn't be on for hours, and the first log-in attempt to a world: "Your account is already logged in --- *booted to log-in screen*" Infuriating, especially when trying to get into full worlds, as it seems 1 in 5 log-in attempts causes it now.

td2sig.jpg

Their servers have been really struggling lately, and not just the GE database. Every world is laggy, and that "auto-logout" bug seems to be occurring more often, too. Both yesterday and today, I had it happen as soon as I tried to log on. Hadn't be on for hours, and the first log-in attempt to a world: "Your account is already logged in --- *booted to log-in screen*" Infuriating, especially when trying to get into full worlds, as it seems 1 in 5 log-in attempts causes it now.

I got that log in problem back in december. It happens when I get d/c'd sometimes <_<

Staurolite.png

Just to make it clear, it's the GE DATABSE we're talking about here. On the mainpage. Dunno, I didn't get that the first time, get the impression that others think it's the GE and not the database. Sorry if no one else ever thought that.

And yeah, I have noticed a fair bit of lag on the GE database recently.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hmmm - I wonder what the cost of upgrading servers for the GE might be?

Sooooo Jagex, are you happy you brought back Free trade now? ;)

Given that said lag is due to heavy use? Yes. Speaking as a computer programmer, perhaps one of the BEST problems you can have is too many people wanting to use your program/server: It means you're doing something right. (That said, you should obviously try and get a better server as soon as possible...)

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Hmmm - I wonder what the cost of upgrading servers for the GE might be?

Sooooo Jagex, are you happy you brought back Free trade now? ;)

what does this have to do with free trade?

Some people say they have only seen this lag ever since free trade. So there thinking would be free trade = more players = too many for their servers to handle = lag. Personally i haven't experienced any lag at all.

I thought it was just her usual "Free trade ruined everything" rant...

LOL -- ^this^ is what happens when comprehension fails to meet reading ability. :shame:

First of all, I'm not anti-Free Trade or Wildy -- I am merely tired of the people who "voted in favour of it", then cry about how much they lose as a result of one or the other being reintroduced.

My response to whom has always been, and remains, "So, are you happy you brought back free-trade now?" :rolleyes:

As such, at this point in time, I am now asking Jagex the same question.

With the reimplementation of Free Trade, there appears to be an increased demand now on the GE database for values and information on pretty much EVERYTHING that is being bought and sold. As a result, since Feb 1, there has been a noticeable degradation in the response time of the game's database to keep up with the demand for data.

Jagex wanted to bring back Free Trade and the Wildy to lure people back former players to Runescape and also to make it more appealing, as a whole, to more "new" players, as well. In bringing back Free Trade and the Wildy, they created a greater ground swell of activity than they have the servers to now handle.

In the end, it is my opinion, that they did this in order to attract more "investment" from third parties -- which they have done -- and most likely with the intention to sell off Runescape eventually to some other third-party buyer. Though *that* is merely speculation, it's a pretty good educated-guess. It's what one does just prior to selling off.

They've already attracted the third party investment, let's see if they put some of THAT money back into the game (and improve their servers, for example) as opposed to merely lining their pockets with bonuses and dividends.

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

... let's see if they put some of THAT money back into the game (and improve their servers, for example) as opposed to merely lining their pockets with bonuses and dividends.

I find that I liked Jagex much better years ago when they made it seem like they actually gave a damn about the people that played their game. That Jagex, undoubtedly, wouldn't hesitate to update their servers. However, the Jagex of today... It'll be a while before we see this. Lol.

I realize they're a company, and as such should focus on profits. However, they also need to balance that with ensuring satisfaction of their customers... Something that, IMO, has been going downhill for some time.

09144a99bb.png

... let's see if they put some of THAT money back into the game (and improve their servers, for example) as opposed to merely lining their pockets with bonuses and dividends.

I find that I liked Jagex much better years ago when they made it seem like they actually gave a damn about the people that played their game. That Jagex, undoubtedly, wouldn't hesitate to update their servers. However, the Jagex of today... It'll be a while before we see this. Lol.

I realize they're a company, and as such should focus on profits. However, they also need to balance that with ensuring satisfaction of their customers... Something that, IMO, has been going downhill for some time.

I think the problem is that, for those of us who played this game "back in the day", when Andrew used to pop into the gaming world and ask "How's it going?" and "What do you think about [x update]?", had gotten used to the idea that our opinions mattered.

Wow -- reading back over that previous sentence -- I am starting to sound like my father. :unsure:

HEY! All you KIDS! GET OFF MY LAWN!

nyuseg.png

But dey brot back da wildy!!1 Dey care abot da playas or els dey wudnt hav dun dat! :rolleyes:

td2sig.jpg

This is because every clown and his cousin has some kind of link posted somewhere to items in that database.

I would move the feature in-game so people would stop linking the hell out of it and it would be readily accessible.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

This is because every clown and his cousin has some kind of link posted somewhere to items in that database.

I would move the feature in-game so people would stop linking the hell out of it and it would be readily accessible.

Exactly.

I thought it would have been obvious why http://services.rune...rs/frontpage.ws (GE) would be slow, as there are a mass amount of fansites and players using GE links in things like their Google Documents which put a huge strain on the server.

It's shameful that the actual reason why those servers are so slow has only been mentioned twice (123Neopet and Golvellius) in the space of 3 pages! Do people not remember when Jagex introduced rules on how often signatures could talk to the highscores server? Bloody hell, that'll teach me not to overestimate the Runescape community again.. mellow.gif

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

^This^ sounds extremely reasonable ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png