Sign in to follow this  
Dire_Wolf

Scamming question

Ok, i am gonna try to make a Renting service for items. And i want to directly trade over the items when i rent them out. But i don't want to be scammed. So i am wondering:

1) If i record game showing that a deal is being done with me and a player to prove that i got scammed. Would you think Jagex would accept this video in a link if i mail it to them?

2) How about if i use a screenshot?

3) Any suggestions on how i can ensure that the players i loan items out to won't scam me? I am intending to loan out items through trade (not loan box) items to people on TIF who are trusted and not strangers.

If i can find a way to prevent from being scammed or loose my items, i will rent out to strangers too through tradebox, but for now i have no clue.

1. No

2. No

3. This is still on a honor system since I don't believe its Tip.it's policy to ban users if they scam another member, even if you can supply undeniable proof.

My suggestion is to always have an item loaned out via the loan system, if your not already doing this, and maybe to take some kind of collateral (items) with equal value or lesser value depending on how trusted you deem they are.

~ Captainkidd

Ok, i am gonna try to make a Renting service for items. And i want to directly trade over the items when i rent them out. But i don't want to be scammed. So i am wondering:

1) If i record game showing that a deal is being done with me and a player to prove that i got scammed. Would you think Jagex would accept this video in a link if i mail it to them?

2) How about if i use a screenshot?

3) Any suggestions on how i can ensure that the players i loan items out to won't scam me? I am intending to loan out items through trade (not loan box) items to people on TIF who are trusted and not strangers.

If i can find a way to prevent from being scammed or loose my items, i will rent out to strangers too through tradebox, but for now i have no clue.

they would probably take video, but i doubt they would take a screenshot if you can get a jagex email

just loan to trusted players, but most trusted people have enough for SoLs..

i'd just use the trade box

also, do you happen to know a user "Direwolfghost"?

Ok thanks for replies. I have made my services through Tradebox for Tifers with high status.

@ccesssu

No, i don't know Direwolfghost

Another option is if you have a friend who you really really trust (i.e. player mod or irl friend) that doesn't lend out items simply give them one item and have them use the loan system to loan it out and get the GP from them.

~ Captainkidd

Another option is if you have a friend who you really really trust (i.e. player mod or irl friend) that doesn't lend out items simply give them one item and have them use the loan system to loan it out and get the GP from them.

~ Captainkidd

Too bad you aren't allowed to interact between accounts that you own. You could have just made a separate account for each item, and used the trade system to lend them out.

Since that is against the rules and out of the question, it seems that giving them to trusted friends would be the only legal option to lend out multiple items.

Too bad you aren't allowed to interact between accounts that you own. You could have just made a separate account for each item, and used the trade system to lend them out.

Since that is against the rules and out of the question, it seems that giving them to trusted friends would be the only legal option to lend out multiple items.

Learn to read.

crossed_body.png

Learn to read.

You first.

He's observing that having more than one account would be better than having friend you trust lend out your items for you, if it was legal. Sheesh.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

This makes no sense.

If you're going to give your item to a friend to lend out - why not lend it out yourself?

I don't see why you would go though a middle man if you didn't have to :(

capt%20kevin.png

This makes no sense.

If you're going to give your item to a friend to lend out - why not lend it out yourself?

I don't see why you would go though a middle man if you didn't have to :(

Because you can only lend ONE item at a given time....

So: if you already lent an item, you can still trade your other item to a friend, who can lend it. This way you can be sure that you get your items back. Considering your friend gives it back.

great idea, i liked the part about not using the lend box and taking the initiative and trusting people - you'll branch out into an area of business not yet tapped by your competitors

1 - yeah

2 - of course!

3 - just add them to your friendslist so you can see when they next come on line!

so, down to business... when can i borrow a phat pal?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"