D scim + D Def, SS, or God Sword for Str training?

Intermagma

SS isn't very high atm, I'm pretty sure you can get one for 3m. Just use it, if you got 10m anyway. As Jac posted, it's the best xp.

GE has prices at about 5 mil :sad:

For these rates, are they calculated or theorized?

It seems like under different conditions (defense of monsters/attack/etc), one would outweigh the other.

I think if one's attack level is high enough and the monsters def is low enough - the SS would probably be better.

However, if one's attack is pretty low and one will train slayer and occasionally get monsters that are a good amount of level higher plus have pretty good defense - the dscimmy + ddef would probably be better.

I've seen people selling them at 2m, but that was a few days ago.

It's true that on higher defence the defender has the advantage, however few slayer monsters (and no powertraining monsters) actually have high defence: waterfiends, metal dragons, black dragons, wyverns. Of these, the first you would use an ss for (crush), the last you would use a shield on (korasi's) and the others you would stab (korasi's). The dragon scimitar doesn't really come into it.

Gah, I'd love to buy one for 3 mil even.

I think it's just the huge price difference in the Dscimmy and the SS.

It's hard to compare since the Dscimmy is like 100k while the SS is over 20 times that.

Sounds like you're right though - the OP's attack is lvl 80 and it just seems like a SS would be a great weapon for him.

capt%20kevin.png

@ everyone who said d scim + d def, stop posting misinformation. OP asked for fastest exp/hr which D scim + d def is not. A saradomin sword will be the fastest exp/hr of the three options listed. So spend the money on that and a berserker ring.

i <3 the fact im almost 40m xp in strength with never owning a ss

eeew

tenebri.png

Okay, somebody seriously needs to tell me where I can get an SS for 3m :P

They are like 5.5m in GE!! Why the hell would someone sell it for only 3m? I'd even be happy to buy one for 4m!

But anyway, where can I get one for 3m, and what worlds should I look for them?

What about for a whip? How much can I buy one of those for?

intermagma.png

Okay, somebody seriously needs to tell me where I can get an SS for 3m :P

They are like 5.5m in GE!! Why the hell would someone sell it for only 3m? I'd even be happy to buy one for 4m!

But anyway, where can I get one for 3m, and what worlds should I look for them?

What about for a whip? How much can I buy one of those for?

Try putting an offer in the GE or W2.

whips are around 1.8m I think.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Truth time:

Rapier.

If you don't have it, whip on controlled.

If you've got attack or defense maxed or don't want them leveled, Korasi/Sara Sword.

You can easily get items for prices nowhere close to the GE price, you just need to be smart about it and be patient. I bought 2 armadyl pages for 5k each, then sold for 500k each. Market price was 400k.

Truth time:

Rapier.

If you've got attack or defense maxed or don't want them leveled, Korasi/Sara Sword.

You can easily get items for prices nowhere close to the GE price, you just need to be smart about it and be patient. I bought 2 armadyl pages for 5k each, then sold for 500k each. Market price was 400k.

Hate to tell a mod that they are wrong but a whip on controlled is not the way to go. Because after a certain attack level (namely if you can wield a whip or crapier) strength is the only thing that boosts your exp/hr. For instance at az's using super attack potions and super strength potions netted me zero additional exp/hr vs only super strength potions.

Hence the best way to go is to level strength to 99 with the saradomin sword or a crapier and then level attack and defense. Whip on controlled wastes dozens of hours maxing combat vs leveling strength first then attack and defense.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Truth time:

Rapier.

Hate to tell a mod that they are wrong but a whip on controlled is not the way to go. Because after a certain attack level (namely if you can wield a whip or crapier) strength is the only thing that boosts your exp/hr. For instance at az's using super attack potions and super strength potions netted me zero additional exp/hr vs only super strength potions.

Hence the best way to go is to level strength to 99 with the saradomin sword or a crapier and then level attack and defense. Whip on controlled wastes dozens of hours maxing combat vs leveling strength first then attack and defense.

Not really actually, the reason using a whip on controlled is better is because, unless you have a rapier, using a whip means you're always using the best DPS weapon in the game

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Truth time:

Rapier.

Not really actually, the reason using a whip on controlled is better is because, unless you have a rapier, using a whip means you're always using the best DPS weapon in the game

+1. It's not worth limiting yourself to a crappy weapon 1/3 of the time to increase your strength 3x faster at the expense of attack and defense.

Using controlled does require patience, though, so I'd assume most people with the proper disposition to train str with a controlled whip would also just go get a rapier.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ninjad by squareroot2. Thanks.

But to elaborate. The ss is far from "crappy" and again dozens of hours will be saved from increasing your exp per hour potential by leveling strength first.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

No controlled isn't the best method. Training str to 99 first with any decent weapon then attack then defense is faster than training controlled.

Idk, i've tried both SS and D scim + defender (was rune at the time) and whip, and I chose whip. I got to 93 in atk str and def on controlled, then dung came out and I got a rapier :P

Maybe I just prefered whip idk, but it always felt like faster overall xp to me then giving up on the defender to get str first. No real testing has been done by me though, so meh....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

There's about a 5k xp/hr gap between whip and SS iirc on standard monsters. This gap is most likely a little higher for slayer.

Will a few strength levels really boost your xp by 5k xp/hr?

There's about a 5k xp/hr gap between whip and SS iirc on standard monsters. This gap is most likely a little higher for slayer.

Will a few strength levels really boost your xp by 5k xp/hr?

Yep. As said the difference in exp/hr from just attack boosts is ~0 for most monsters because you are already so accurate. The difference in exp/hr then at az's where at 70 str you can max at around 70 k exp/hr to 99 strength where you can max ~110 k exp/hr comes solely from the strength levels.

So its better to train strength to 99 as fast as possible so you can be gaining 110 k exp/hr for attack and defense. Instead of increasing that number by 1~2 k/hr every time you level up, which will occur three times slower anyways...

witchynosaur.png

Huh, I didn't realize strength played that big a role in xp/hr. I maxed out my melees a looooong time before there was much metagame going on, so excuse my ignorance.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png