Clan discussion improvements/suggestions

Danny_TeamDan

Funny how the topic where many say Tip.it is inactive has so many posts on it...... Irony

Gratz Jack

I don't see how it's ironic. Are you implying that 2 pages is the best activity tip.it has had? (In the clanning section)

I would go so far as to directly state that. Yes.

Quoted from another topic.

One of the main problems for tip.it CD is this very quote. People know and see Tip.it as small inactive boring etc. That's true but it wasn't nearly as bad as it's become. Back in '09 and a decent amount of '10 there was solid consistent activity along with some more interesting reads.

First suggestion:

Raise your standards. If you think tip.it is going to be revived with 5 people posting and are content with 2 page topics that will die in a few days then we're never going to go forward. This isn't about 'THE' and Gladz Vs Me, stop sitting in denial and defending your allies on everything and open up your eyes, Tip.it has been way more active than this and if you think that the best activity is barely 2 pages then you're just like everyone from RSC who wasn't around when Tip.it had decent activity.

It's cool that you're having positive attitudes about it but seriously sometimes you have to be "negative" and not happy with what's going on to improve.

Suggestion #2:

Idle in #Clans and talk some more. Used to get welcomed by the CL's and other forum ranks in the CD whenever I joined #Clans now it's just a small IRC where the only thing to read is nicknamehere join nicknamehere left

Suggestion #3

Going off of this topic for this one, so if it's not fully updated some may be wrong: http://forum.tip.it/topic/270471-tipit-war-rankings/

KO - Last warred Oct 21st

KoA/RA - Last warred Oct 10

RKoF - Last Warred Sept 26

NK - Last warred Dec 12

CR - Last warred Sept 28

Envy - Last warred Sept 24

TKO - Last warred Sept 29

PH - Last warred Aug 24th

TR - Last warred Oct 15

DF - Last warred Dec 13

LGZ - Last warred Jan 1

Gladz - Last warred Oct 21

CE - Last warred Oct 6

AK - Last warred Jan 15

T0 - Last warred Dec 18

DW - Last warred Oct 23

THE - Last warred Jan 5

WG - Last warred Jan 15

Arch A - Last warred Jan 22

Either this was poorly updated or something needs to be done (Hopefully it's both)

If situation number 1 (Poorly updated) We've added 3+? New ranks in the clan section in past 5 months? Maybe get on them to actually update this list for starters, or at least maintain it better in the future.

If situation number 2 Have the CL's etc start contacting these clans and even if it's just to get them to post their war topics/pk trips gw wars etc instead of asking them to participate in TWR, you need activity who cares about if the wars are TWR more people involved in the community = better in the long run.

You may also want to remove them from TWR Rankings and tell them they can always rejoin when they are active, but still encourage them to post wars / participate in Clan discussions

Suggestion #3

Don't ban me for a month for creating "too many" topics. All of my topics had legit discussion, don't ban hammer before reading them just because other idiots were making "joke" topics don't assume I was.

Suggestion #4

It's great that Top clans come to post here but it wouldn't hurt for them to post in some discussion threads once in a while. This also goes for other people, don't just post on topics concerning you or your allies

all i got for now

6590ew.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post was not positive nor was it negative; it was and is the honest truth. With the exception of the TWR 'jump start' suggestions thread, (which reached a whopping four pages), there aren't any recent topics which have gathered more than two pages. You have to go back to when the Wildy was announced and when the Clan Awards results were posted to get any topics longer than three pages. Take a look for yourself: http://forum.tip.it/forum/158-clans/

I'm not blindly defending my allies, I'm defending adrian because what he's saying is right. We're not saying that tip.it has never been active, we're saying that in recent times it has not been active. I /was/ around when tip.it was active, and so were many of those people who are still active here. I post more now instead of just lurking; that's why you see me a lot more than you'd like, I'm sure. :P

As for the TWR, in this topic you state that you're against change of any sort and would rather dispose of the system altogether. Allow me to quote you:

lol regardless of attention they don't see it worth their time to be on a ranking system thats inaccurate lol any clan who is serious about being a good clan wouldn't join a ranking ladder idk why you're on this high mission to save something that's been dead for months. Time to let it go and close down the ranking system tbh clans on here can declare on others w/out the need of a set ranking system, the reason the activity is dead in TWR is because they are starting to realize ranking systems will never be perfect and that it's dumb and they've grown out of the stage, and im sure most of them came on here to gain recruits and attempt to get number 1 on the ranking system to gain more recruits and that's not really happening

Removing clans from the TWR will not help as it's not the clans that need to change, it's the TWR itself that needs to change. The clans are actively warring each other, they just have not been declaring for TWR for certain reasons and that needs to be addressed. If it were just a few clans that were ignoring the TWR, then I think you'd have merit to start taking action against clans, but when you're looking to kick 80% of your memberbase for inactivity then there's likely a problem with the system. Not to mention you may agitate those clans' leaderships who have been kicked and since tip.it isn't the biggest fish in the pond at the moment those clans may see tip.it as expendable if they are unhappy with how they are handled. Not exactly a recipe for good things. In the end, one of the multiple suggestions found in this thread need to be adopted by the TWR staff. No ranking system will be perfect, but having an appealing TWR list may very well lead to an increase in activity for all of tip.it. RSC does not provide a list anymore, and so the door is wide open. Step over the threshold.

As far as top clans go, their activity is no doubt welcomed by the tip.it community (and thus they should be represented in the new TWR system :wink: ) but as far as "just posting on topics concerning you or your allies", I think I'm in 1st to post so I should be okay posting here right? :roll:

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

I'm more than happy with you posting here :S

I don't see how it's ironic. Are you implying that 2 pages is the best activity tip.it has had? (In the clanning section)

When you replied to this it came off as two pages was the most ever seen period, my question wasn't about "recent" it was about overall/ past few yrs.

Sorry but what he's saying isn't right, tip.it was and can be way more active than what it is atm. barely 2 pages isn't active sorry.

Not sure why you brought up change the only change i suggested was for the people moderating the clan section and run the TWR to talk to the inactive clans (Preferably through irc) to get active.

TWR is at a point where they have nothing to lose and asking them to post more is what they need to do and tell them to set up some wars. Don't care about TWR throw out that discussion and figure out how to get more clans active, I'm not here to save TWR ranking system really more here to get clans actively posting here again, but hey if that helps getting TWR rankings active again then sweet. around 1 yr ago all those clans i listed were getting at least 1 war a week if half of them started doing wars once a week and posting activity would be much better.

6590ew.jpg

There were 31 topics started on tip.it Clan Discussions forum from January 1st 2010 through today which have reached 4 pages or more. Yes, I counted, and yeah that currently goes back to page 13 of the board listings. Over the span of more than a year, that's pretty atrocious. Anyway, you read into my statement what you wanted to hear. Of course we are talking about the current state of tip.it; to look far back is great for nostalgia purposes but we live in the present and must plan for the future. You're actually confirming what he was implying and what I'm saying with your response that "barely 2 pages isn't active sorry". Sadly, the thread he posted that on is the most popular thread on this Clan Discussion board since Monday when it was posted. The best activity tip.it CD has had this week was in that thread, and the best activity tip.it CD has had all year has been for the most part in threads much the same length, ~ 2 to 3 pages. Tip.it was - and can be - more active, but right now it is not, and that's what is being said.

I know you don't care about TWR, you've made it plenty clear that you'd rather toss it away as outdated rather than work to update and improve it. But what you need to understand is that TWR is the main reason for clans to come here rather than RSC. Tip.it doesn't have the luxury of being the 'popular' place at the moment and so clans aren't going to come strolling in on their own; you need a lure to catch these fish, and with some modifications, the TWR is the perfect bait. I think you'll find that those clans you mentioned are still getting plenty of wars/action each week, it's just not getting posted for TWR. That's a problem with TWR not with those clans - it means something changed and that the TWR is no longer reflecting what's going on. Talking to clan leaders to try and get them to declare for TWR more may be a starting point but to expect that to actually change anything in the long term isn't realistic. If TWR is at the point where they have nothing to lose as you so claim, then they have nothing to lose by changing how they do things either. TWR officials: http://forum.tip.it/topic/284633-tipit-and-twr-need-a-jump-start/

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

The topic I posted in The Conclave two days ago if anyone's wondering. I feel it has strong relevence here, so quoting it:

Judging by the Conclave memberlist, a large percentage of potential posters imply don't post. What is the major reason why you as an individual no longer post? I know that lack of activity itself draws people away, but that can be solved by posting. I know it sounds like a bit of an oxymoron, but it's true. Even posting "grats clan" on a war topic is contributing something. If you post solely for the popularity or publicity of your clan, then I don't see why people don't post. No matter the low number of posts, publicity is publicity. Hell, even if you are one of those people hungry for a rank in your clan, posting on these boards to bring more positive attention to your clan will help you get noticed (you know who you are).

Let's figure this... there's a large volume of users that visit these boards everyday. Yet next to none of it is in the clan section. If there's a lot more traffic in this area of the boards, then clearly it'll be more plausible for people to have interest sparked into viewing this section or to be interested in clans period.

One thing that also makes me scratch my head: there's plenty of topics posted per day yet there's barely a dent when it comes to the total amount of replies. How come you aren't replying to these topics? Replying is possibly easier than trying to think of a new topic. I don't see why it requires such an effort to get people to do that. Even posting a "gf" or "grats clan" is activity. I don't see that any more difficult either.

Now clan staff, as I posted in the sticky in CD you are the example that users have to follow. I wouldn't mind seeing you postin more often in the topics that are available. Some of you don't need to be told that, and you know who you are. However others aren't so active (you also know who you are). Now, I'm not saying none of you are active behind the scenes nor am I saying start spamming every single topic; all I'm saying is improved activity from the clan staff at this point in time would be helpful to Tip.it's recovery in this slump. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more topics at 2 pages or more.

The IRC channel is also a mess. I believe that if more clan staff were active on it then there would be more activity because I know users would want to address queries there. I know that the majority of the time when I need to contact a member of the clan staff, I rarely find them there. This would also make Tip.it more attractive because I know RSC's staff aren't active either. As for users, I don't see why you don't idle in there at least. I mean it's in SwiftIRC, not some random server no one uses. My clan's main channel is on SeersIRC yet I sill find the will to idle there.

As for rivalries... these obviously sparked a lot of activity in the past, but also a lot of backlash from the clan staff which turned a lot of people off from posting. I was never the flaming type so I am not really sure on how the clan staff's behavior can be fixed to account for it. Note that I'm not trying to be critical of either party, I'm just trying to ask on how the rules can be loosened and strengthened to account for rivalries or beef between clans.

Zybez is obviously the biggest competitor we have right now. I wouldn't mind having more features that would help Tip.it be more of a player rather than a bystander. Feel free to suggest them in this topic. Personally I wouldn't mind having post count in the Recruitment forum. If people abuse it then they can be punished for it. Note that it won't do a whole lot since the bump button is in place, but on that same point there's less spam posts involved, so it wouldn't hurt. As for the Looking for a clan board, there isn't exactly a massive amount of topics that people can spam to get post count with nevermind the fact that most people ask for specialization in their clan requests. Again if people abuse it, they should receive an infraction just like anything else. Now again, suggest any features you find useful on other sites and suggest it here. Remember I'm not saying we copy RSC at all. I'm just saying that there are widely used features that are available on other sites that can be applied here. Just because it's on RSC, it doesn't mean they own that feature.

Clan videos is another board that lacks replies, but it also lacks topics. I can see why it would lack replies, but with topics there's rarely an excuse. We have many, many clans here and it isn't hard to post a video of a fight or a recruitment video. I find that I pretty much run that section in terms of topics and it's getting rather puzzling as to why. If your clan doesn't make videos, then try to make some yourself of fights and such. It will both benefit your clan and Tip.it.

There's probably way more points I could add, but I'll let you guys fill in the rest. Note that I'm typing this on my iPod Touch at 4 AM so try and ignore any spelling mistakes.

Try and respond seriously. Also I posted this in here because a lot of the clan officials don't read CD.

j0xPu5R.png

First suggestion:

Raise your standards. If you think tip.it is going to be revived with 5 people posting and are content with 2 page topics that will die in a few days then we're never going to go forward. This isn't about 'THE' and Gladz Vs Me, stop sitting in denial and defending your allies on everything and open up your eyes, Tip.it has been way more active than this and if you think that the best activity is barely 2 pages then you're just like everyone from RSC who wasn't around when Tip.it had decent activity.

It's cool that you're having positive attitudes about it but seriously sometimes you have to be "negative" and not happy with what's going on to improve.

I agree with you when you say that Tip It Clan Seccion is being a little incative, specially the CD & Conclave Forums.

I trully love to see that you are interested in doing something to improve the activity here by making this suggestions.

I don't agree when you say that having a negative attitude will help us to improve, I prefer to say that we have to be realistic rather than negative.

Anyway, I think that admiting that a 2 page topic is not a large topic wont take us anyway.

Suggestion #2:

Idle in #Clans and talk some more. Used to get welcomed by the CL's and other forum ranks in the CD whenever I joined #Clans now it's just a small IRC where the only thing to read is nicknamehere join nicknamehere left

I agree with this suggestion too.

When I'm in #clans I'm always available to chat and I'd love to do it.

Every time I log in I say "hi" (my parents taught me to be polite and greet everytime arrive to a place) and just one or two (sometimes nobody) answer.

If you hl me, I will always answer.

Don't wait to be welcomed when you log in, say "hi" and i'll answer :)

Suggestion #3

Going off of this topic for this one, so if it's not fully updated some may be wrong: http://forum.tip.it/topic/270471-tipit-war-rankings/

NK - Last warred Dec 12

CR - Last warred Sept 28

TR - Last warred Oct 15

DF - Last warred Dec 13

LGZ - Last warred Jan 1

CE - Last warred Oct 6

AK - Last warred Jan 15

T0 - Last warred Dec 18

DW - Last warred Oct 23

THE - Last warred Jan 5

WG - Last warred Jan 15

Either this was poorly updated or something needs to be done (Hopefully it's both)

If situation number 1 (Poorly updated) We've added 3+? New ranks in the clan section in past 5 months? Maybe get on them to actually update this list for starters, or at least maintain it better in the future.

If situation number 2 Have the CL's etc start contacting these clans and even if it's just to get them to post their war topics/pk trips gw wars etc instead of asking them to participate in TWR, you need activity who cares about if the wars are TWR more people involved in the community = better in the long run.

You may also want to remove them from TWR Rankings and tell them they can always rejoin when they are active, but still encourage them to post wars / participate in Clan discussions

This ranking is updated (you can see the date of the last update there), but the clans taking part of it are being really lazy and they are not setting up fights as they have to.

Because of that, we (the staff) had sent to each Clan Leader a pm reminding them that they have to be active and challenge another clan in less than a month (as the rules of TWR says) or they will be removed from the ranking.

We are waiting to see what happens and we will take action as soon as the month period ends.

As you can see, we were a step ahead of you on that one ;) but the suggestion was good.

We (all the staff, including us the CL's) work a lot behing the scenes doing things that you even notice.

We are concerned too about the lack of activity and we are working out the way to bring a new breeze to this boards.

I'm am trully thankfull for taking the time to write this topic and make all this valid suggestions and thanks to all the ones that not only criticize the site but also bring new ideas and suggestions to improve it! :)

Laura.

p/s: mind my bad english! :blink:

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥

Nice post Danny, I agree with most of your points. You hit the nail on the head with some comments :thumbup:

We (all the staff, including us the CL's) work a lot behing the scenes doing things that you even notice.

We are concerned too about the lack of activity and we are working out the way to bring a new breeze to this boards.

I'm am trully thankfull for taking the time to write this topic and make all this valid suggestions and thanks to all the ones that not only criticize the site but also bring new ideas and suggestions to improve it! :)

I'd like to respond of this. I know you guys do a lot of work behind the screens, but why aren't there updates of what you do? You don't have to go into detail, but a topic every few weeks with thoughts, suggestions that are being worked on by the staff would be handy. Some sort of voice where the staff explains to everybody what their views are on the past few weeks, on the new wilderness, ... I miss that here.

I also think you shouldn't keep a CL in place who hasn't even logged in in 2011, if you keep staff that is inactive (for whatever personal or not personal reason) too long listed as staff, people have a wrong idea of the size of the current active staff.

signature4s.jpg

To an extent you need to be the change you wish to see in the world, if you want more discussion in #clans don't be afraid to greet people. Also, leaders or members of their respective clans are the best way to increase activity by getting more of their members to post here.

Taca pretty well addressed the TWR point, hopefully we'll be removing some of the inactive clans soon.

For Suggestion #3 (the second one), if you feel you were wrongly banned you should have appealed the ban. Posting after the fact doesn't really help any.

Top clans, if you're in one or have friends there encourage them to post here. Victory topics can be posted by members of that clan, a leader posting is normally preferred but there's no rule against posting a topic if you're a member of that clan.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I think a main reason of the inactiviness of TWR is that big and small clans dont war in here anymore. Simply because they dont get a challenge on it. Crimson Raiders is on the list, but last war dates from 28 September.

If you look at the skill of the clans, you mainly see average / Mid-Sized clans, whom rarely PvP. Look at Downfall. They once were an active TWR clan, since they've grown into the Top 15/20 of the Clan World doing PvP, they rarely do CWA / TWR anymore.

Leaves the CWA Clans ( True Ownage, Legendz ) left, having to compete with the better clans such as Clan Europe, Gladiatorz, DragonWood and such.

In my opinion, maybe TWR has to introduce a new point system which maybe has an inactivity basis ( -50 if you dont war for like, 2 weeks? ), and maybe encourage clans to do PvP, which will make it more intressting for both clans, and readers of the topics.

Judging by the Conclave memberlist, a large percentage of potential posters imply don't post. What is the major reason why you as an individual no longer post? I know that lack of activity itself draws people away, but that can be solved by posting. I know it sounds like a bit of an oxymoron, but it's true. Even posting "grats clan" on a war topic is contributing something. If you post solely for the popularity or publicity of your clan, then I don't see why people don't post. No matter the low number of posts, publicity is publicity. Hell, even if you are one of those people hungry for a rank in your clan, posting on these boards to bring more positive attention to your clan will help you get noticed (you know who you are).

Let's figure this... there's a large volume of users that visit these boards everyday. Yet next to none of it is in the clan section. If there's a lot more traffic in this area of the boards, then clearly it'll be more plausible for people to have interest sparked into viewing this section or to be interested in clans period.

One thing that also makes me scratch my head: there's plenty of topics posted per day yet there's barely a dent when it comes to the total amount of replies. How come you aren't replying to these topics? Replying is possibly easier than trying to think of a new topic. I don't see why it requires such an effort to get people to do that. Even posting a "gf" or "grats clan" is activity. I don't see that any more difficult either.

Now clan staff, as I posted in the sticky in CD you are the example that users have to follow. I wouldn't mind seeing you postin more often in the topics that are available. Some of you don't need to be told that, and you know who you are. However others aren't so active (you also know who you are). Now, I'm not saying none of you are active behind the scenes nor am I saying start spamming every single topic; all I'm saying is improved activity from the clan staff at this point in time would be helpful to Tip.it's recovery in this slump. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more topics at 2 pages or more.

The IRC channel is also a mess. I believe that if more clan staff were active on it then there would be more activity because I know users would want to address queries there. I know that the majority of the time when I need to contact a member of the clan staff, I rarely find them there. This would also make Tip.it more attractive because I know RSC's staff aren't active either. As for users, I don't see why you don't idle in there at least. I mean it's in SwiftIRC, not some random server no one uses. My clan's main channel is on SeersIRC yet I sill find the will to idle there.

As for rivalries... these obviously sparked a lot of activity in the past, but also a lot of backlash from the clan staff which turned a lot of people off from posting. I was never the flaming type so I am not really sure on how the clan staff's behavior can be fixed to account for it. Note that I'm not trying to be critical of either party, I'm just trying to ask on how the rules can be loosened and strengthened to account for rivalries or beef between clans.

Zybez is obviously the biggest competitor we have right now. I wouldn't mind having more features that would help Tip.it be more of a player rather than a bystander. Feel free to suggest them in this topic. Personally I wouldn't mind having post count in the Recruitment forum. If people abuse it then they can be punished for it. Note that it won't do a whole lot since the bump button is in place, but on that same point there's less spam posts involved, so it wouldn't hurt. As for the Looking for a clan board, there isn't exactly a massive amount of topics that people can spam to get post count with nevermind the fact that most people ask for specialization in their clan requests. Again if people abuse it, they should receive an infraction just like anything else. Now again, suggest any features you find useful on other sites and suggest it here. Remember I'm not saying we copy RSC at all. I'm just saying that there are widely used features that are available on other sites that can be applied here. Just because it's on RSC, it doesn't mean they own that feature.

Clan videos is another board that lacks replies, but it also lacks topics. I can see why it would lack replies, but with topics there's rarely an excuse. We have many, many clans here and it isn't hard to post a video of a fight or a recruitment video. I find that I pretty much run that section in terms of topics and it's getting rather puzzling as to why. If your clan doesn't make videos, then try to make some yourself of fights and such. It will both benefit your clan and Tip.it.

There's probably way more points I could add, but I'll let you guys fill in the rest. Note that I'm typing this on my iPod Touch at 4 AM so try and ignore any spelling mistakes.

Try and respond seriously. Also I posted this in here because a lot of the clan officials don't read CD.

This is what I obviously agree with.

Also, the Tip.it Clan Tournament was a very active moment for TIF. Ofcourse, you cant do that every week, would get boring. Once in a year is fine, but maybe add a smaller competition, based on skilling ( What clan would get most Xp in ... skill / Overall ). You get the idea.

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

First suggestion:

I agree with you when you say that Tip It Clan Seccion is being a little incative, specially the CD & Conclave Forums.

I trully love to see that you are interested in doing something to improve the activity here by making this suggestions.

I don't agree when you say that having a negative attitude will help us to improve, I prefer to say that we have to be realistic rather than negative.

Anyway, I think that admiting that a 2 page topic is not a large topic wont take us anyway.

Suggestion #2:

I agree with this suggestion too.

When I'm in #clans I'm always available to chat and I'd love to do it.

Every time I log in I say "hi" (my parents taught me to be polite and greet everytime arrive to a place) and just one or two (sometimes nobody) answer.

If you hl me, I will always answer.

Don't wait to be welcomed when you log in, say "hi" and i'll answer :)

Suggestion #3

NK - Last warred Dec 12

CR - Last warred Sept 28

TR - Last warred Oct 15

DF - Last warred Dec 13

LGZ - Last warred Jan 1

CE - Last warred Oct 6

AK - Last warred Jan 15

T0 - Last warred Dec 18

DW - Last warred Oct 23

THE - Last warred Jan 5

WG - Last warred Jan 15

This ranking is updated (you can see the date of the last update there), but the clans taking part of it are being really lazy and they are not setting up fights as they have to.

Because of that, we (the staff) had sent to each Clan Leader a pm reminding them that they have to be active and challenge another clan in less than a month (as the rules of TWR says) or they will be removed from the ranking.

We are waiting to see what happens and we will take action as soon as the month period ends.

As you can see, we were a step ahead of you on that one ;) but the suggestion was good.

Laura.

p/s: mind my bad english! :blink:

You can't speak English and you sound like a kindergarten teacher. Are you sure you weren't supposed to be assigned to RS Gen or Blogscape, or something?

Dan bro your wasting your time. Tipit's current generation of admins and mods just isn't made to produce a clan section.

pan.png

Dan bro your wasting your time. Tipit's current generation of admins and mods just isn't made to produce a clan section.

I suppose no generation was really better admin wise then, since it's been the same since the start of the rebuild. Since the scapeboard "clan admin" sent this place to hell in a handbasket, the only two clan admins (announced as such anyways) - have been myself and her. i'll take full responsibility for my failures as an admin from your time as staff to present, from your post it's guessable that the current administration (ie, the ones that fired you) are inept.. it's a demanding job, i've gotten busier in real life and I try to help out where i've can, when I can. I've never really been a public poster in #CD, as you know from CIC i've always been a behind the scenes mover and shaker. Alot of the "clan sections" rules and framework that exists today was built by your generation of staff, and since we are more active now than then - i'm going to guess it's an improvement, not what i'd like sure, but we have improved slowly, but surely over time.

Laikrob was amazing, and much better than me, sadly, she had real life commitments. I'd of gladly in a perfect world made some sort of deal with life where she could of stayed and i could of left. sadly, i'm not god.

As for Tacatar it's not her first language - and if i remember correctly, you speak just one. So her to speak two, she's doing pretty good in my book. I value her versatility in that department. Sure her English isn't perfect, but mine isn't either.

For an ex-member of the clan staff - I'm beyond disappointed you're resorting to personal attacks. I mean,from working with you when you were personal attacks and seeing your reaction? the irony is amazing.

Tacatar is interested genuinely in making the TWR better, and i support her endeavors at making it better and I think Danny has raised some valueable points and I for one am looking FORWARD to seeing him post again. Some great people have made contributions on this thread, but you've been pandering (no pun intended) potshots at the staff ever since you've recently stopped posting. Jack is also very excited about helping get the TWR life.

While I don't mind constructive critiques - I find your potshot insulting style fairly hypocritical since you used to loathe it. If you want to critique - go for it, just be the professional we both know you can be.

We both know you're intelligent and capable of thought and solid contributions, so let's stop the potshots?

As for activity - it's a never ending struggle. it's hard work, some people don't find themselves able to do it who we would LOVE to bring on sadly, and it's an issue i'm aware of and wish i could just improve by typing up one post.

As for the TWR, it's a huge topic behind closed doors in our staff lounge and we are discussing points made here. We do want to make it better.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I suppose no generation was really better admin wise then, since it's been the same since the start of the rebuild. Since the scapeboard "clan admin" sent this place to hell in a handbasket, the only two clan admins (announced as such anyways) - have been us. i'll take full responsibility for my failures as an admin from your time as staff to present, from your post it's guessable that the current administration (ie, the ones that fired you) are inept.. it's a demanding job, i've gotten busier in real life and I try to help out where i've can, when I can. I've never really been a public poster in #CD, as you know from CIC i've always been a behind the scenes mover and shaker.

Laikrob was amazing, and much better than me, sadly, she had real life commitments. I'd of gladly in a perfect world made some sort of deal with life where she could of stayed and i could of left. sadly, i'm not god.

Your right, there's never been a generation admin wise that's looked out for the clanning community. But I mean, lets look at the most recent update from the admin staff. Requiring users to hide runescape pictures with profanity in them? Is that a joke? Like what are you thinking. Not like it's a ridiculous update without the clan community, but try intergrating updates like that with the clan community. Good luck.

(ie, the ones that fired you)

I posted a resignation in the CIC and then you all "kicked me" for basically saying I was done being a mod here. And I think several CIC members could back me up on this one.

As for Tacatar it's not her first language - and if i remember correctly, you speak just one. So her to speak two, she's doing pretty good in my book. I value her versatility in that department. Sure her English isn't perfect, but mine isn't either.

Cool, it's a shame we are on a english runescape board though and not in Asia looking to hiring a translator.

For an ex-member of the clan staff - I'm beyond disappointed you're resorting to personal attacks. I mean,from working with you when you were personal attacks and seeing your reaction? the irony is amazing.

You've got a point. But then again, my purpose at tipit isn't to attack someone, which was often the case when i was a mod. She also has higher ups backing her, i had tipit admins harping me for the dumbest things.

Tacatar is interested genuinely in making the TWR better, and i support her endeavors at making it better and I think Danny has raised some valueable points and I for one am looking FORWARD to seeing him post again. Some great people have made contributions on this thread, but you've been pandering (no pun intended) potshots at the staff ever since you've recently stopped posting.

There's a difference between interest and actually doing something. I see the interest, but i don't see the action. So i couldn't really care.

pan.png

yay multiquote time.

Your right, there's never been a generation admin wise that's looked out for the clanning community. But I mean, lets look at the most recent update from the admin staff. Requiring users to hide runescape pictures with profanity in them? Is that a joke? Like what are you thinking. Not like it's a ridiculous update without the clan community, but try intergrating updates like that with the clan community. Good luck.

I believe you're aware as former staff that we are more lenient in this section than the other parts of the forum. Personally you should know no really foul or offensive words bother me, but it was a compromise for off topic/general and thats what that rule will be enforced in. As far as mods coming in here saying hide tag - won't happen, they know better than to come into this section without permission. Hell admins ask me for it. I doubt Joe or Yguy will go anal looking for pictures with 4 letter words in them, they are far too overworked. The rules for this section are vastly different than general - or have you forgotten?

I posted a resignation in the CIC and then you all "kicked me" for basically saying I was done being a mod here. And I think several CIC members could back me up on this one.
The order of event's are what 2 or 3 years old? Either way, I had posted a thread in the admin board stating I planned to fire you shortly before you resigned. it's sorta irrelevant to the actual topic.

Cool, it's a shame we are on a english runescape board though and not in Asia looking to hiring a translator.

You would need one for Spanish for her, which has served us well in multiple misunderstandings in war declarations. Her English has improved and continues to do so - her passion, desire to work (thats hard to find, i think almost every ex clan staff can agree there), and thirst to see tip.it succeed are all where they should be.

If you can build a case for any of my staff being biased, or doing something negative - i'll listen and investigate, i've done it numerous times and people like Gamerr, Kimberly etc can confirm that - but harping on them because they are not as fluent in their secondary language as you are in your first is pretty weak, and pretty lame.

You've got a point. But then again, my purpose at tipit isn't to attack someone, which was often the case when i was a mod. She also has higher ups backing her, i had tipit admins harping me for the dumbest things.

The times I took the full blame for what you did as a mod mistake wise were many, hell I spent some hours ironing out things with various users you offended and i'd do the same for any mod. You were sorta wreckless and it showed. Let's not dig up 3-4 year old staff posts in a dick measuring contest to see who is right or wrong here. It doesn't really serve the purpose of the thread, my point was made, you got it, lets move on. I'm defending someone being personally attacked, i'd do it if it's user or staff. bs is bs and i try to prevent it from ongoing when i can

There's a difference between interest and actually doing something. I see the interest, but i don't see the action. So i couldn't really care.

Of all people you know change does take time to do - it never came overnight here on any staff and thats because we want to do things right, and think things through instead of half assing them. I'll concede we've been slower than normal.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Your English is just as great as Hellboysjd2's English. Dont worry about it, Laura <3:

We all can agree that TWR is inactive, but from what I read here, no one can really pinpoint the problem. Perhaps we should find this problem.

inb4:

"CLANS ARENT WARRING MAN! THATS THE PROBLEM@@@@ AND NO ONE POSTS ANYTHING FFS CLAN WORLD DIEING##"

Ok, but WHY are they not warring/posting?

•  
  • Is there a lack of challenge?
  • Is there no incentive to participate? Do people really care about "points" anymore?
  • Would your clan like it if they were declared on by a clan, forced to fight matched opts whilst they pull 13 people to your 30+?
  • Lack of interesting topics? Lack of discussion? Lack of people?

Alot of the clans currently on the list are inactive, including my own. Perhaps the mods should go around and ask these clans' officials why they went inactive, as well as ask newer clans/teams why they joined?

ultibearr.png

blooper.png

I think it's clan leaders like Pan Nx that have the ability to make clan discussion improve because they are the ones who have influence over their members(duh?). I remember Downfall used to be quite active here and then until that mass ban which I thought was handled quite poorly by the staff. Before the ban I remember leaders not caring/enjoying posting topics here, but after the ban the only time Tip.it is mentioned is when they say "lol tip.it is dead". Judging from the past few posts and Das's attitude towards Pan it doesn't seem like Pan is exactly loved here either, so I'm not surprised he doesn't exactly encourage his clan posting in clan discussion even though a sizeable portion do post on other parts of the board.

But hey what do I know, clearly staff knows best eh.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/

You can't speak English and you sound like a kindergarten teacher. Are you sure you weren't supposed to be assigned to RS Gen or Blogscape, or something?

I don't know who you are but you seem mad.

I'm sorry if you don't like my english or if it annoys you (it seems to bother you a lot because you talk about it several times) but I do what I can.

Anyway, I don't know what's the point of your post, just to attack me? I don't see how this contributes to improve the activity in the CD forums. :P

if your intention wasn't to attack someone (as you said), then you didn't fulfill your purpose. Maybe you want to try again.

Now If your are truly interested in helping, as Joe said, you will need to start making the change you wish to see here.

Thanks Dan & Ultimair.

juliet2.jpg

♥ Ex Condemned Army Founder | Ex Silent Ember Council ♥

♥ Aces of War Legend ♥

SECTION 1

I think that the shift has been attributed to clans developing and focussing more on the pvp aspect of warring. Downfall are a prime example of this.

Downfall started off as a home grown w141 clan. They decided that they enjoyed warring so much that they'd go official. At that time in their career they knew there was absolutely no way they'd be able to take on the top clans of the time like DI, TT etc. So what did they do? They found a place where they could fight clans similar to themselves and develop their warring technique. Tipit was their answer. Clans like Df, Lgz, Dv and Tk were all just starting out at this time, and they all met up here. Tipit was mutually beneficial for everyone involved, they could gain warring experience and bolster their numbers. There was also a healthy rivalry that grew between clans and encouraged them to war actively.

So where are Downfall now? In short they've moved on. They reached that goal that they set out to reach, they're now able to war tougher, more challenging opponents, usually in a more dangerous environemnt; and this is what they enjoy. (Ignoring the mass ban scenario, which I thought poorly handled at the time, but c'est la vie.)

So we can see Tipit is producing some great clans, but the production has teetered off. Imo this is down to the fact that more players aren't being introduced to warring. Prior to the release of clan wars there was only the big clans of Zybez. Clan wars changed all that, it gave everybody a chance at warring, they could see what it was like, and most of them thoroughly enjoyed it. Consequently they went on to estbalish clans. The first reintroduciton of pking (with pvp + bh worlds) delt Clan wars a blow from which it would never recover. Easily half the players who enjoyed clan wars now had pastures anew to graze, they had always enjoyed pvp but the only real way for them to get involved with it was clan wars (asides from the old BH craters, and after the removal of multi areas everyone pretty much hated them).

Although some new clans (e.g. PH) Did emerge with the return of real pking, there weren't as many as those who appeared with clan wars. So now there's no real breeding ground for new clans.

SECTION 2

What can be done to attract new members?

Really, I don't know. One source of potential untapped talent would be the Runescape Forums. There is no real shortage of clans there, and I'm sure their introduction to these boards would cause activity to pick up a bit- because I know for a fact clans like T0 and Lgz would slap them around for a bit, and when you push someone around for long enough, they'll eventually push you back. I see two obstacles that have to be overcome here however:

• How Do we attract these people form Runescape to Tip.It
  • How do we change the notoriously conservative attitude of the average RSoF User?

The first point is self explanatory; the thing is I have absolutely no real idea of how you might want to go about this.

The Second point - if you've ever had to deal with people from clans off of RSoF (For example in the Jagex Clan Cup) I'm sure you're aware that pretty much any loose group of friends will be counted as a clan. The *majority* (not all) of these players don't seem to understand that there are runescape related forums outside of those offered by Jagex; they're often hard headed to a point that can infuriate even the most patient clan officials and their clans are full of 120+ that think they'll get handed the win just because they're high levels.

However, there is hope. I'm adamant that if these people are attracted here, then odds are they'll adapt. They'll realise that they aren't going to win just because they've got a high pull of high levels, they're going to have to work for it. It's human nature to adapt to a challenge. The only problem is of course, attracting them here.

SECTION 3

How do we bring back old members?

• Get the forums active
  • Get New Posters
  • Get Good, Meanigful Discussions running on a consistent basis
  • Chilax a little with the rules. I know it's often said the mods are more lenient here than anywhere else on the forums, but still, I think action should only be taken against a player if they spam, start a flame war or directly insult a member of staff.
  • Unban the banned
  • Advertise CD on other parts of the form - this gets new posters in which picks up activity which will bring old posters back!

SECTION 4

TL;DR

• Clanning boomed with the introduction of clan wars
  • these new clans couldn't face stronger ones, so they started out on Tip.it Instead
  • These clans have advanced to a point that they no longer see Tip.it as the main hub of the clanning world; it offers no real challenge
  • Try getting more people involved in clanning. RSoF and other such forums might be the key!
  • Sectoin 3 is bullet points; it's not too long to read.

I apologise in advance for the hundreds of typos.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

There are several ways Clan Discussion can be improved and first of all the attitude to the posters is key. Recently I've seen many posts that have been negative or critical of the site, of CD and of TWR. By posting in that way we're losing that 'tightly-knitted' community feel that separates us from every other website. Don't forget, the reason why so many people posted on Tip.It in the first place is because of how nice the atmosphere was on these forums. A prime example of this was on the topic where I was introduced to you all as a new CL. I'm not asking for perfection and for everybody to be good, but if we could improve in this department maybe newer/older contributers to CD may reappear.

I've only joined the clan staff recently but I've known Tacatar for a long time and although she's not the best English speaker, she has plenty of attirbutes that counter that and which makes her stand out from all other posters here. She's probably one of the most hard-working people I've ever met. The personal attack on her on this topic is an example of the attitude of posting we shouldn't be seeing here, not because it's rude but because it makes our forums just like RSC. We all know what RSC forums are like and I'm not prepared to let Tip.It stoop down to RSC's level, and neither would anybody moderating the clan forums.

Whilst I'm touching the issues of forums trouble, I'll let you know that since I've joined the clan staff it's become apparant to me that indeed we are very lax about moderating topics and posts, but sometimes we can't just sit back and do nothing, sometimes intervention and moderation is needed. Maybe in the past the clan staff might have been too strict, but I wasn't here then and it's our jobs to make sure these forums do not turn into a forum for people just to troll on. I'm not sure what everybody expects from us and when to step in, but each and every one of the staff knows when to intervene. An example; look at this topic. Now the insults on Tacatar could've easily led to disciplinary action but haven't as far as I'm aware.

Secondly, I have personal thoughts about how we could improve TWR to expand the amount of clans posting on these forums. Like Das said, there's a big topic behind closed doors and once we have made a decision amongst ourselves about whether the ideas could work, we most likely will be discussing this with clan officials. I'm not going to give too much away, but we aren't sitting back letting this activity happen without consequence or change. I can promise you that much.

Lastly I'll finish with the fact that there's a cycle of older clans leaving or closing, whilst new clans join and pick their activity up, and this cycle currently is not functioning right. We've seen many clans who have posted an introduction in CD but then not made a TWR app. The recent additions of GX, CD and soon TPC to TWR are very valuable and I trust that these clans can contribute deeply in the future but TWR used to be a 40/30 clan list and now it is 20. There are tonnes of medium sized clans out there that could war on TWR once or twice a month. If the TWR isn't functioning right then I admit responsibility does lie with us to some extent, but just as much to clan officials who should be arranging fights and helping us out a bit. However with changes we plan to make, I'm hoping this will not be a problem anymore, as there really is potential for a big shape-up which could benefit Tip.It as a whole rather than just the clans section.

Of course, there are other reasons and things that need to be explored and discussed but let's take one step at a time.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Prior to the release of clan wars there was only the big clans of Zybez. Clan wars changed all that, it gave everybody a chance at warring, they could see what it was like, and most of them thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gotta disagree with that, prior to the release of Clan Wars (i.e. the 'old wilderness') there was much more activity from small and mid-level clans. The RAW list used to have 50 clans on it, with 25 more on the waiting list. Only the top 10 or so were 'big' clans, the rest were mid- and small-sized clans. If anything, Clan Wars killed off a lot of the mid-level clans.

When I was a CL here I really felt that the TWR needed to go to a wildernerss-based format to be able to thrive and grow. Clan Wars was fine when that was all we had, but now there is an alternative and Clan Wars is left for those who are too weak or inexperienced or nervous to fight in the wilderness.

With the return of the wilderness there's really no reason why any clan would want to do Clan Wars anymore. Clan Wars is a very narrow slice of the total warring experience. If you are in a melee+binds only clan (which most TWR clans were when it was really going well) then you basically negate 90% of the warring experience.

Cons of Clan Wars (melee+binds):

1. Little or no emotion attached - If you die, you lose nothing. So most people are willing to bind, but not in the real wilderness. Binding in the real wilderness makes you an instant target for the other clan's snipers. And when you die, you lose 200k. In Clan Wars, if you're sniped you put up pray and run around a wall until it stops. In the wilderness, you get camped by snipers until you die or quit binding. Only the most dedicated will keep binding through snipers. It's a real difference.

2. Only planned fights occur (no chance encounters) - One of the great joys of rivalries is hunting your rival. In Clan Wars you can't do this. You have to ask them nicely for a fight. Which sucks. Which is more fun: "Pleeeeese fight us on Saturday at 2:00 PM, matched options, no dungeoneering or corrupt items" or "If you step in the wildy, we will kill you and all your friends and there's nothing you can do about it. Mwuhahahahahahahahaha!"

Quick counter to those who say "you might not get a fight at all in the wilderness!" You will almost always find action. In RSD right now, very few clans want to fight us because we have the capability to pull 120+ people. But we still find a fight almost every day.

3. Too many rules (limitations) in Clan Wars - Melee + binds only, no range, no blasts, no dungeoneering items, no corrupt items, etc. etc. etc. Yawn. If a wilderness fight has rules, it's only to establish boundaries or sniper caps. Most fights don't even have those. Fight until the other guy quits is a lot more enjoyable.

4. Loss of 2/3 of the combat triangle (no blasts, no range) - Similar to #3, it's way too limiting. What incentive is there for mid-level clans to train range when it's never allowed? I remember back in '07 or so Dragonwood made a name for themelves with their range unit. They had a lot of maxed rangers in a medium-level clan and really used it to their advantage. In Clan Wars with all it's rules and limitations, what's the point in doing this?

5. No looting - Not just rune, which is nice, but supplies as well. With the return of the 'old wildy' we can now loot runes, food, arrows, and basically stay on the battlefield indefinitely. For the clan that is winning it increases their advantage as they don't have to return as much and will cut down on outlasting.

6. No returning - In Clan Wars it takes only 30 seconds or so to return, or if you got KO'ed, literally 1 second to return. It's lame.

7. No publicity - This might be the most important thing for Tip.it should they ever switch to a wildy-based TWR. When we (RSD) fight another big clan there's usually 100's of extra people around throughout the fight. There's AC'ers, crashers, looters, and watchers, all playing minor roles in the fight. So when our topic goes up on RSC, there's literally 300-400 people who had some part in the fight, and another 100 who want to post simply to antagonize the people who were there. For better or worse, that one fight will generate more posts than 50 Tip.it fights. Not many people care about Clan Wars, look at the Clan Wars topics on RSC, they rarely get more than 3 pages of responses, which there is a dead topic.

With lots of posts come lots of trolls. Tip.it has been up until now very restrictive of trolling, which has obviously driven the trolls away, but it also drives away a lot of the drama and argumentitive posts. In a Tip.it fight post, 95% of the responses are 'good fight' or some variation of that. On RSC, 50% of the posts are 'good fight' and the other 50% are people arguing about some point or other.

If Tip.it wants to get away from the 'small clan' image, it will have to go out of its way to do so. My idea was to have a ranking system that included PKRI's as a valid war, but that's just one idea. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Unfortunately that's what's going on with the TWR right now. Most everyone would agree that the current system isn't driving good activity or any new activity, but none are willing to change it.

Pro's of Clan Wars:

No Crashing - Except for unsecured CC's and portal hopping.

Feel free to debate any or all of these points, or add your own :)

•How Do we attract these people form Runescape to Tip.It

•How do we change the notoriously conservative attitude of the average RSoF User?

While several people do graduate from RSB clans to RSC and Tip.it clanning, most do not. I don't know if it's their conservative nature or just an unwillingness to leave their comfort zone, but I don't see a lot of RSB graduates. A few, but not a lot.

I think one thing that has hurt mid-level clanning is when Clan Wars came around, the clans who really loved the wildy slowly died out. And with their departure were their non-wildy events. I remember back in TDM when it was really active we had 2-3 wars and PK's a week, but also another 10-15 non-wildy events that were visible to the non-clanning world. If you see 15 people killing Bandos, or 40 fishing at Catherby, it might make you want to join one of those clans. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-wildy clanning event in RS . . it's been a while. No events = no publicity.

•Get the forums active

•Get New Posters

•Get Good, Meanigful Discussions running on a consistent basis

•Chilax a little with the rules. I know it's often said the mods are more lenient here than anywhere else on the forums, but still, I think action should only be taken against a player if they spam, start a flame war or directly insult a member of staff.

•Unban the banned

•Advertise CD on other parts of the form - this gets new posters in which picks up activity which will bring old posters back!

Your first three points here are pretty well summed up with the third point about good, meaningful discussions. Do that, and people will want to contribute. Build it, and they will come :)

Unbanning the banned - Don't really agree with this one. Most of the people who are banned are banned for good reason. And no one gets banned without several warnings in advance, so they knew what was coming but chose to continue their bad behavior anyways. Rules are rules, and you follow them . . . posting on Tip.it is a priveledge, not a right. Abuse it and it's gone. I agree with that. I do also agree, however, that if we want increased activity there needs to be a lenient approach to arguments, as long as they are related to in-game things. Once they cross into personal insults and flames, that's where the line is crossed.

You know, when you post [wagon] comments that's all people will take away from them; is that you're an [wagon]. All the good points you might have made are lost. The previous Clan Staff who've worked with you all seem to think you're fairly intelligent and could do good things if you wanted to, but all I see is an [wagon].

The personal attack on her on this topic is an example of the attitude of posting we shouldn't be seeing here, not because it's rude but because it makes our forums just like RSC. We all know what RSC forums are like and I'm not prepared to let Tip.It stoop down to RSC's level, and neither would anybody moderating the clan forums.

If the goal of Tip.it is to become much more active, then some amount of debate and/or argument needs to be allowed to transpire. 'Good fight' comments are boring to read and won't attract much attention. Nor do Clan Wars fights. So a little bit of RSC-style posts aren't all bad.

Regarding Pan's post, it's outright insulting and a direct attack on one person's attempt to speak in a second language. Taca is one of the most active CL's I've seen in quite a while and certainly not deserving of that kind of garbage. No clan community allows that kind of post, not even RSC. I'm amazed it hasn't been deleted already.

Secondly, I have personal thoughts about how we could improve TWR to expand the amount of clans posting on these forums. Like Das said, there's a big topic behind closed doors and once we have made a decision amongst ourselves about whether the ideas could work, we most likely will be discussing this with clan officials. I'm not going to give too much away, but we aren't sitting back letting this activity happen without consequence or change. I can promise you that much.

This isn't really directed at you Jack, since you've only been a CL for a short time. But that topic you're referring to has been up around a year, I know because I posted a proposal to change the TWR around then that evolved into a discussion of what we should and shouldn't do in regards to changing the TWR to make it more attractive. The end result of all that discussion was that nothing happened. There might be a new post up, but the concept isn't new. Hopefully you guys are able to make more happen than I was; when I was there we talked for over a year and couldn't agree on anything, and discussion topics in the Conclave went unanswered for the most part.

Over the past year we've (the Clan Staff) had several conversations and topics about how the TWR needs to change and adapt, and for over a year we've done nothing. During that time the TWR went from marginally active to completely inactive. The TWR in its current form is dead. Unless there is something new and exciting added, it will probably stay dead.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

Glad to see some old posters posting on here and contributing.

Anyways CBF to quote people but would the staff really feel the need to change stuff w/out negative comments/posts/feedback etc? If you keep getting negative feedback obviously something isn't working and you need to work faster on finding a solution.

As for the topic about TWR improvements, why does it have to be hidden? What good will a surprise be? You guys take way too long to get stuff done and the clans on here have little say and debate about the changes they don't really know about and they can't get on your ass to get it done faster.

6590ew.jpg

As for the topic about TWR improvements, why does it have to be hidden? What good will a surprise be? You guys take way too long to get stuff done and the clans on here have little say and debate about the changes they don't really know about and they can't get on your ass to get it done faster.

Agree with this in its totality. Although sometimes building up the tension to a change that's coming our way can be tantalising, right now it's not what we need. We need action. Although you're going to get some people who just troll the topic etc I think it'd be much more constructive to put it out there. The reason why I like tip.it is because the individual can put forward a point and not just be trolled and flamed. If I posted the opinions I have on Zybez I'd just be called a no-namer and told to [bleep] off. You're noticed here! Regardless of your clan and position there-in,

@ Unclebilly, thanks for the feedback! I was probably a bit rash in my 'unban the banned' statement, but was about to go to work and was typing in a hurry. I do think it might be worthwhile however to review some of the bans as they may have been handed out by stricter mods or under a more intense atmosphere. This would undoubtedly involve some amount of work, so it's most likely best left to later.

AS for the Zybez statement, I was vague there too - I meant that people who didn't have any experience at all with clanning were able to get a taste with it via clan wars, and to that extent it was beneficial. The flip side of that coin was (sadly) the death of quite a few clans. But hey-[garden tool] that's life.

Just had a thought- Maybe Tip.it could hold an event hosted by multiple clans to which everyone is invited.

e.g. 3 clans from the TWR agree to set up an event with a time and cc suits them. The event can be posted in the Events forum on tip.it to which the entire tip.it community is invited and welcome to join. This works in two ways - it draws newer people into clanning, helping clans get new recruits + will get more posters active in CD.

Another option might be 3 clans vs 3 clans public event. so 3 clans form a loose kind of alliance and agree to camp GWD (Bandos for ease of access) for say a day to a week. They'd be competing against the other 3 allied clans to try and get the most gp in the day/week, I know big clans like DF did this (Think they were competing against RSD or something?), so it might be an idea to get mroe people involved in clanning. Financially it might not do anyone much good (even an armadyl hilt aint much between 60 people) but it'd be fun - and that's the main reason we're in clans.

I imagine we could get a similar event running for f2p, but I think it would require some more thought and planning as there's far more fun to be had in a p2p environement. (maybe something like a welfare armour open clan alliance war? held in red portal of ffa?)

sorry, absolutely shattered as I type this, me and 15 hour days are seemingly incompatible. My idea's are probably full of holes, ( I hope they are, that way the problems are easier to pick out and fix!!) but I hope someone can make something of them.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

I remember Downfall used to be quite active here and then until that mass ban which I thought was handled quite poorly by the staff. Before the ban I remember leaders not caring/enjoying posting topics here, but after the ban the only time Tip.it is mentioned is when they say "lol tip.it is dead".

Oh damn when did that happen? Tell me the whole story in Tip.it Boards PM, mayne. :eek:

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010