Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clan discussion improvements/suggestions

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

unclebilly1
[ Display Name History ]

unclebilly1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sooner Rex
  • Clan:Runescape Dinasty

Prior to the release of clan wars there was only the big clans of Zybez. Clan wars changed all that, it gave everybody a chance at warring, they could see what it was like, and most of them thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gotta disagree with that, prior to the release of Clan Wars (i.e. the 'old wilderness') there was much more activity from small and mid-level clans. The RAW list used to have 50 clans on it, with 25 more on the waiting list. Only the top 10 or so were 'big' clans, the rest were mid- and small-sized clans. If anything, Clan Wars killed off a lot of the mid-level clans.

When I was a CL here I really felt that the TWR needed to go to a wildernerss-based format to be able to thrive and grow. Clan Wars was fine when that was all we had, but now there is an alternative and Clan Wars is left for those who are too weak or inexperienced or nervous to fight in the wilderness.

With the return of the wilderness there's really no reason why any clan would want to do Clan Wars anymore. Clan Wars is a very narrow slice of the total warring experience. If you are in a melee+binds only clan (which most TWR clans were when it was really going well) then you basically negate 90% of the warring experience.

Cons of Clan Wars (melee+binds):

1. Little or no emotion attached - If you die, you lose nothing. So most people are willing to bind, but not in the real wilderness. Binding in the real wilderness makes you an instant target for the other clan's snipers. And when you die, you lose 200k. In Clan Wars, if you're sniped you put up pray and run around a wall until it stops. In the wilderness, you get camped by snipers until you die or quit binding. Only the most dedicated will keep binding through snipers. It's a real difference.

2. Only planned fights occur (no chance encounters) - One of the great joys of rivalries is hunting your rival. In Clan Wars you can't do this. You have to ask them nicely for a fight. Which sucks. Which is more fun: "Pleeeeese fight us on Saturday at 2:00 PM, matched options, no dungeoneering or corrupt items" or "If you step in the wildy, we will kill you and all your friends and there's nothing you can do about it. Mwuhahahahahahahahaha!"

Quick counter to those who say "you might not get a fight at all in the wilderness!" You will almost always find action. In RSD right now, very few clans want to fight us because we have the capability to pull 120+ people. But we still find a fight almost every day.

3. Too many rules (limitations) in Clan Wars - Melee + binds only, no range, no blasts, no dungeoneering items, no corrupt items, etc. etc. etc. Yawn. If a wilderness fight has rules, it's only to establish boundaries or sniper caps. Most fights don't even have those. Fight until the other guy quits is a lot more enjoyable.

4. Loss of 2/3 of the combat triangle (no blasts, no range) - Similar to #3, it's way too limiting. What incentive is there for mid-level clans to train range when it's never allowed? I remember back in '07 or so Dragonwood made a name for themelves with their range unit. They had a lot of maxed rangers in a medium-level clan and really used it to their advantage. In Clan Wars with all it's rules and limitations, what's the point in doing this?

5. No looting - Not just rune, which is nice, but supplies as well. With the return of the 'old wildy' we can now loot runes, food, arrows, and basically stay on the battlefield indefinitely. For the clan that is winning it increases their advantage as they don't have to return as much and will cut down on outlasting.

6. No returning - In Clan Wars it takes only 30 seconds or so to return, or if you got KO'ed, literally 1 second to return. It's lame.

7. No publicity - This might be the most important thing for Tip.it should they ever switch to a wildy-based TWR. When we (RSD) fight another big clan there's usually 100's of extra people around throughout the fight. There's AC'ers, crashers, looters, and watchers, all playing minor roles in the fight. So when our topic goes up on RSC, there's literally 300-400 people who had some part in the fight, and another 100 who want to post simply to antagonize the people who were there. For better or worse, that one fight will generate more posts than 50 Tip.it fights. Not many people care about Clan Wars, look at the Clan Wars topics on RSC, they rarely get more than 3 pages of responses, which there is a dead topic.

With lots of posts come lots of trolls. Tip.it has been up until now very restrictive of trolling, which has obviously driven the trolls away, but it also drives away a lot of the drama and argumentitive posts. In a Tip.it fight post, 95% of the responses are 'good fight' or some variation of that. On RSC, 50% of the posts are 'good fight' and the other 50% are people arguing about some point or other.

If Tip.it wants to get away from the 'small clan' image, it will have to go out of its way to do so. My idea was to have a ranking system that included PKRI's as a valid war, but that's just one idea. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Unfortunately that's what's going on with the TWR right now. Most everyone would agree that the current system isn't driving good activity or any new activity, but none are willing to change it.

Pro's of Clan Wars:

No Crashing - Except for unsecured CC's and portal hopping.

Feel free to debate any or all of these points, or add your own :)

•How Do we attract these people form Runescape to Tip.It

•How do we change the notoriously conservative attitude of the average RSoF User?

While several people do graduate from RSB clans to RSC and Tip.it clanning, most do not. I don't know if it's their conservative nature or just an unwillingness to leave their comfort zone, but I don't see a lot of RSB graduates. A few, but not a lot.

I think one thing that has hurt mid-level clanning is when Clan Wars came around, the clans who really loved the wildy slowly died out. And with their departure were their non-wildy events. I remember back in TDM when it was really active we had 2-3 wars and PK's a week, but also another 10-15 non-wildy events that were visible to the non-clanning world. If you see 15 people killing Bandos, or 40 fishing at Catherby, it might make you want to join one of those clans. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-wildy clanning event in RS . . it's been a while. No events = no publicity.

•Get the forums active

•Get New Posters

•Get Good, Meanigful Discussions running on a consistent basis

•Chilax a little with the rules. I know it's often said the mods are more lenient here than anywhere else on the forums, but still, I think action should only be taken against a player if they spam, start a flame war or directly insult a member of staff.

•Unban the banned

•Advertise CD on other parts of the form - this gets new posters in which picks up activity which will bring old posters back!

Your first three points here are pretty well summed up with the third point about good, meaningful discussions. Do that, and people will want to contribute. Build it, and they will come :)

Unbanning the banned - Don't really agree with this one. Most of the people who are banned are banned for good reason. And no one gets banned without several warnings in advance, so they knew what was coming but chose to continue their bad behavior anyways. Rules are rules, and you follow them . . . posting on Tip.it is a priveledge, not a right. Abuse it and it's gone. I agree with that. I do also agree, however, that if we want increased activity there needs to be a lenient approach to arguments, as long as they are related to in-game things. Once they cross into personal insults and flames, that's where the line is crossed.

As for Tacatar it's not her first language - and if i remember correctly, you speak just one. So her to speak two, she's doing pretty good in my book. I value her versatility in that department. Sure her English isn't perfect, but mine isn't either.

Cool, it's a shame we are on a english runescape board though and not in Asia looking to hiring a translator.

You know, when you post [wagon] comments that's all people will take away from them; is that you're an [wagon]. All the good points you might have made are lost. The previous Clan Staff who've worked with you all seem to think you're fairly intelligent and could do good things if you wanted to, but all I see is an [wagon].

The personal attack on her on this topic is an example of the attitude of posting we shouldn't be seeing here, not because it's rude but because it makes our forums just like RSC. We all know what RSC forums are like and I'm not prepared to let Tip.It stoop down to RSC's level, and neither would anybody moderating the clan forums.

If the goal of Tip.it is to become much more active, then some amount of debate and/or argument needs to be allowed to transpire. 'Good fight' comments are boring to read and won't attract much attention. Nor do Clan Wars fights. So a little bit of RSC-style posts aren't all bad.

Regarding Pan's post, it's outright insulting and a direct attack on one person's attempt to speak in a second language. Taca is one of the most active CL's I've seen in quite a while and certainly not deserving of that kind of garbage. No clan community allows that kind of post, not even RSC. I'm amazed it hasn't been deleted already.

Secondly, I have personal thoughts about how we could improve TWR to expand the amount of clans posting on these forums. Like Das said, there's a big topic behind closed doors and once we have made a decision amongst ourselves about whether the ideas could work, we most likely will be discussing this with clan officials. I'm not going to give too much away, but we aren't sitting back letting this activity happen without consequence or change. I can promise you that much.

This isn't really directed at you Jack, since you've only been a CL for a short time. But that topic you're referring to has been up around a year, I know because I posted a proposal to change the TWR around then that evolved into a discussion of what we should and shouldn't do in regards to changing the TWR to make it more attractive. The end result of all that discussion was that nothing happened. There might be a new post up, but the concept isn't new. Hopefully you guys are able to make more happen than I was; when I was there we talked for over a year and couldn't agree on anything, and discussion topics in the Conclave went unanswered for the most part.

Over the past year we've (the Clan Staff) had several conversations and topics about how the TWR needs to change and adapt, and for over a year we've done nothing. During that time the TWR went from marginally active to completely inactive. The TWR in its current form is dead. Unless there is something new and exciting added, it will probably stay dead.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageFormer Admin of The Death MonkeighsPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Vengeance CouncilPosted Image
Posted ImageFormer Eternal Honour MemberPosted Image
Posted ImageCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme MemberPosted Image

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • Clan:Downfall
Glad to see some old posters posting on here and contributing.

Anyways CBF to quote people but would the staff really feel the need to change stuff w/out negative comments/posts/feedback etc? If you keep getting negative feedback obviously something isn't working and you need to work faster on finding a solution.

As for the topic about TWR improvements, why does it have to be hidden? What good will a surprise be? You guys take way too long to get stuff done and the clans on here have little say and debate about the changes they don't really know about and they can't get on your ass to get it done faster.

Posted Image

20Rice04
[ Display Name History ]

20Rice04

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • RSN:20 Rhys 04

As for the topic about TWR improvements, why does it have to be hidden? What good will a surprise be? You guys take way too long to get stuff done and the clans on here have little say and debate about the changes they don't really know about and they can't get on your ass to get it done faster.

Agree with this in its totality. Although sometimes building up the tension to a change that's coming our way can be tantalising, right now it's not what we need. We need action. Although you're going to get some people who just troll the topic etc I think it'd be much more constructive to put it out there. The reason why I like tip.it is because the individual can put forward a point and not just be trolled and flamed. If I posted the opinions I have on Zybez I'd just be called a no-namer and told to [bleep] off. You're noticed here! Regardless of your clan and position there-in,

@ Unclebilly, thanks for the feedback! I was probably a bit rash in my 'unban the banned' statement, but was about to go to work and was typing in a hurry. I do think it might be worthwhile however to review some of the bans as they may have been handed out by stricter mods or under a more intense atmosphere. This would undoubtedly involve some amount of work, so it's most likely best left to later.

AS for the Zybez statement, I was vague there too - I meant that people who didn't have any experience at all with clanning were able to get a taste with it via clan wars, and to that extent it was beneficial. The flip side of that coin was (sadly) the death of quite a few clans. But hey-[garden tool] that's life.

Just had a thought- Maybe Tip.it could hold an event hosted by multiple clans to which everyone is invited.

e.g. 3 clans from the TWR agree to set up an event with a time and cc suits them. The event can be posted in the Events forum on tip.it to which the entire tip.it community is invited and welcome to join. This works in two ways - it draws newer people into clanning, helping clans get new recruits + will get more posters active in CD.

Another option might be 3 clans vs 3 clans public event. so 3 clans form a loose kind of alliance and agree to camp GWD (Bandos for ease of access) for say a day to a week. They'd be competing against the other 3 allied clans to try and get the most gp in the day/week, I know big clans like DF did this (Think they were competing against RSD or something?), so it might be an idea to get mroe people involved in clanning. Financially it might not do anyone much good (even an armadyl hilt aint much between 60 people) but it'd be fun - and that's the main reason we're in clans.

I imagine we could get a similar event running for f2p, but I think it would require some more thought and planning as there's far more fun to be had in a p2p environement. (maybe something like a welfare armour open clan alliance war? held in red portal of ffa?)

sorry, absolutely shattered as I type this, me and 15 hour days are seemingly incompatible. My idea's are probably full of holes, ( I hope they are, that way the problems are easier to pick out and fix!!) but I hope someone can make something of them.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

kuru72
[ Display Name History ]

kuru72

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:kuru72
  • Clan:TKO Blitz

I remember Downfall used to be quite active here and then until that mass ban which I thought was handled quite poorly by the staff. Before the ban I remember leaders not caring/enjoying posting topics here, but after the ban the only time Tip.it is mentioned is when they say "lol tip.it is dead".

Oh damn when did that happen? Tell me the whole story in Tip.it Boards PM, mayne. :eek:

Posted Image

Retired on: June 30, 2010

bravehero12
[ Display Name History ]

bravehero12

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • RSN:bravehero12
  • Clan:Clanless
yea i got banned like over 9000 times and all the funny people did too

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

Being funny != acting like at idiot. Look at Danny; I'd say he's probably one of the funnier members of Tip.it's clan community and he's still around. And most importantly, he isn't an idiot nor does he act like one.

I have to wonder if any of those people who were banned at the time even bothered to appeal it or talk to the staff about why they were banned; of a surety they would not have been banned unless they made a monumental [bleep]-up or had a large history.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pan Nx
  • Clan:Nexus

yay multiquote time.

Your right, there's never been a generation admin wise that's looked out for the clanning community. But I mean, lets look at the most recent update from the admin staff. Requiring users to hide runescape pictures with profanity in them? Is that a joke? Like what are you thinking. Not like it's a ridiculous update without the clan community, but try intergrating updates like that with the clan community. Good luck.

I believe you're aware as former staff that we are more lenient in this section than the other parts of the forum. Personally you should know no really foul or offensive words bother me, but it was a compromise for off topic/general and thats what that rule will be enforced in. As far as mods coming in here saying hide tag - won't happen, they know better than to come into this section without permission. Hell admins ask me for it. I doubt Joe or Yguy will go anal looking for pictures with 4 letter words in them, they are far too overworked. The rules for this section are vastly different than general - or have you forgotten?

I posted a resignation in the CIC and then you all "kicked me" for basically saying I was done being a mod here. And I think several CIC members could back me up on this one.

The order of event's are what 2 or 3 years old? Either way, I had posted a thread in the admin board stating I planned to fire you shortly before you resigned. it's sorta irrelevant to the actual topic.

Cool, it's a shame we are on a english runescape board though and not in Asia looking to hiring a translator.

You would need one for Spanish for her, which has served us well in multiple misunderstandings in war declarations. Her English has improved and continues to do so - her passion, desire to work (thats hard to find, i think almost every ex clan staff can agree there), and thirst to see tip.it succeed are all where they should be.

If you can build a case for any of my staff being biased, or doing something negative - i'll listen and investigate, i've done it numerous times and people like Gamerr, Kimberly etc can confirm that - but harping on them because they are not as fluent in their secondary language as you are in your first is pretty weak, and pretty lame.

You've got a point. But then again, my purpose at tipit isn't to attack someone, which was often the case when i was a mod. She also has higher ups backing her, i had tipit admins harping me for the dumbest things.

The times I took the full blame for what you did as a mod mistake wise were many, hell I spent some hours ironing out things with various users you offended and i'd do the same for any mod. You were sorta wreckless and it showed. Let's not dig up 3-4 year old staff posts in a [bleep] measuring contest to see who is right or wrong here. It doesn't really serve the purpose of the thread, my point was made, you got it, lets move on. I'm defending someone being personally attacked, i'd do it if it's user or staff. bs is bs and i try to prevent it from ongoing when i can

There's a difference between interest and actually doing something. I see the interest, but i don't see the action. So i couldn't really care.

Of all people you know change does take time to do - it never came overnight here on any staff and thats because we want to do things right, and think things through instead of half assing them. I'll concede we've been slower than normal.

Way to return a reply with nothing but insults then tell me i can't respond to those insults. :thumbup:

I don't know who you are but you seem mad.

If you don't know who I am you don't know the tipit cd community very well. Not that i'm saying i'm some important god you should know, but if you don't know some of the more impactful members in a community, how do you lead that. Again, not just saying that for me, if you didn't know people such as Killerred, Dbzruler, Danda, etc. I'd still argue the same thing. So anyways, if i seem mad, then you seem unqualified.

I have to wonder if any of those people who were banned at the time even bothered to appeal it or talk to the staff about why they were banned; of a surety they would not have been banned unless they made a monumental [bleep]-up or had a large history.

In the instance i believe that is being referred to, a large mass of a single clan was removed from the board. Do you really expect an entire clan to return and ask for forgiveness? Ironically enough, this is what dethroned tipit way back when. A clan isn't going to come back after being told to leave, the moderating team should have set down with the clan and worked it out with them.
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

In the instance i believe that is being referred to, a large mass of a single clan was removed from the board. Do you really expect an entire clan to return and ask for forgiveness? Ironically enough, this is what dethroned tipit way back when. A clan isn't going to come back after being told to leave, the moderating team should have set down with the clan and worked it out with them.

How do you know they didn't, or at least on an individual basis?

hzvjpwS.gif

Danny_TeamDan
[ Display Name History ]

Danny_TeamDan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,404 posts

Because they refused to talk to us in IRC about deleting the topics, set the channel on mute and even kicked people. I wasn't able to talk to any mods until hrs after the situation in which I was already banned.

Posted Image

Laikrob
[ Display Name History ]

Laikrob

That's Mistress Laikrob to you

• Members
  • 8,348 posts
  • RSN:Laila
  • Clan:TSG
I actually think that a good way to remove accusations of unwarranted bans could be to make the reasons that led to a ban public. If it leads to less turmoil and arguing, then it could be beneficial. The versions from users and staff can be very different, and this (including records) could clear up any misunderstandings. It's a little radical, I know - but it could work.

Pan: Please stop spewing negative stuff and throwing insults, you are better than that. :)

There are lots of good points in this topic, and I am glad that people are still engaged in the community. Old and new staff care more than you think, but maybe more openness is required. Monthly or more frequent "update" topics is a good idea, and I also think that the clan officials do have a big role in this.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Raee
[ Display Name History ]

Raee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • RSN:Socialism
  • Clan:Nexus/Exalt

Because they refused to talk to us in IRC about deleting the topics, set the channel on mute and even kicked people. I wasn't able to talk to any mods until hrs after the situation in which I was already banned.

Yes this was actually quite funny because I asked them for a reason for my indefinite ban which is required and the only response I got was "that wont get you unbanned". After another week I continued to try and contact the staff to which I finally found someone (I think Quickdrawjoe?) who reduced my ban to two or three weeks. Danny, as well as everyone else in Downfall, was in the same situtation and most didn't get unbanned for at least a month? Things like that turn clans from wanting to revive tip it and bring back the activity to calling tip it dead, and I don't blame them.

Edit: lol'd at Kimberly's response to Pan seeing as she was one of the mods on irc at the time of the ban who "set the channel on mute and even kicked people". I have never been contacted in any form by any staff and I'm sure others can attest to that as well.

Leader of Nexus
Solace FA
Posted Image
http://www.nx-clan.com/

Raee
[ Display Name History ]

Raee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 601 posts

Being funny != acting like at idiot. Look at Danny; I'd say he's probably one of the funnier members of Tip.it's clan community and he's still around. And most importantly, he isn't an idiot nor does he act like one.

Already said this in my last post but I'd love to restate it again for you. Danny was actually banned in the mass ban, so I don't think your first argument works that well. In terms of the second point, the staff didn't give reasons (Which are actually required but whatever) and left most people with indefinite bans, and I think it would be kind of hard to write an appeal when they don't even tell you what you've done wrong. And yes, people like Danny and I did talk to staff, once they wanted to listen, only to get our bans shortened to 3-4 weeks, even though I never got an explanation why I even needed a three week ban or what it was for. The funniest thing for me is the fact that Danny got banned, he talked to staff, he never actually did anything wrong, and yet his ban was longer than mine :thumbsup:

Leader of Nexus
Solace FA
Posted Image

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Danny was actually banned in the mass ban, so I don't think your first argument works that well.

Well either it wasn't permanently or it was a small temp ban, but I appreciate your snarkiness nonetheless.

In terms of the second point, the staff didn't give reasons (Which are actually required but whatever) and left most people with indefinite bans, and I think it would be kind of hard to write an appeal when they don't even tell you what you've done wrong.

Staff always give reasons when asked, so forgive me for saying that's a crock of [cabbage] you're trying to pass off as fact. And even if they didn't in some miraculous and twisted parralel universe, then when they appealed even with "Why was I banned etc etc" they would have it thoroughly explained to them by an admin.

And yes, people like Danny and I did talk to staff, once they wanted to listen, only to get our bans shortened to 3-4 weeks, even though I never got an explanation why I even needed a three week ban or what it was for.

Well you wouldn't get a reason for why Danny was banned, but if you asked a staff member about your own ban you would of got an answer. Quite curious as to who you talked to, even, because your recap of the situation seems...faulty.

In regards to the irc mute, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't asking in public repeatedly and then your friends took up the chant, which would've given an IRC moderator no choice but to take action as they had. And, mind you, you don't need to be unbanned from a channel to private message anyone online in IRC; you could've pm'ed the person who supposedly muted and kicked you even.

hzvjpwS.gif

Raee
[ Display Name History ]

Raee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 601 posts

Danny was actually banned in the mass ban, so I don't think your first argument works that well.

Well either it wasn't permanently or it was a small temp ban, but I appreciate your snarkiness nonetheless.

In terms of the second point, the staff didn't give reasons (Which are actually required but whatever) and left most people with indefinite bans, and I think it would be kind of hard to write an appeal when they don't even tell you what you've done wrong.

Staff always give reasons when asked, so forgive me for saying that's a crock of [cabbage] you're trying to pass off as fact. And even if they didn't in some miraculous and twisted parralel universe, then when they appealed even with "Why was I banned etc etc" they would have it thoroughly explained to them by an admin.

And yes, people like Danny and I did talk to staff, once they wanted to listen, only to get our bans shortened to 3-4 weeks, even though I never got an explanation why I even needed a three week ban or what it was for.

Well you wouldn't get a reason for why Danny was banned, but if you asked a staff member about your own ban you would of got an answer. Quite curious as to who you talked to, even, because your recap of the situation seems...faulty.

In regards to the irc mute, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't asking in public repeatedly and then your friends took up the chant, which would've given an IRC moderator no choice but to take action as they had. And, mind you, you don't need to be unbanned from a channel to private message anyone online in IRC; you could've pm'ed the person who supposedly muted and kicked you even.

I don't like when people multiquote and break things up, much more annoying to make a response for me :|.

I never said I asked why Danny was banned, but simply that he didn't know himself. And if I remember correctly Danny got a month ban for... Nothing? I guess you could consider that a "small temp ban". Staff didn't give reasons when I asked, and like I said the only response I got was "that wont get you unbanned", I never got an email either and when I asked about that they said they were "too busy" and would "get to it eventually". Still never received that email either! The people who did so was everyone that was halfop+ in #clans at the time, and I'll post logs if you really want them, but then again I can already see you calling them fake or something.

It's funny because the staff here never admits to any wrongdoing, it's always someone else's fault or problem. And obviously by the look of things in this forum, they are clearly never wrong!

Leader of Nexus
Solace FA
Posted Image

bravehero12
[ Display Name History ]

bravehero12

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 997 posts
  • RSN:bravehero12
  • Clan:Clanless

I think Uffan is the funniest.

20Rice04
[ Display Name History ]

20Rice04

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • RSN:20 Rhys 04

I don't like when people multiquote and break things up, much more annoying to make a response for me :|.

I never said I asked why Danny was banned, but simply that he didn't know himself. And if I remember correctly Danny got a month ban for... Nothing? I guess you could consider that a "small temp ban". Staff didn't give reasons when I asked, and like I said the only response I got was "that wont get you unbanned", I never got an email either and when I asked about that they said they were "too busy" and would "get to it eventually". Still never received that email either! The people who did so was everyone that was halfop+ in #clans at the time, and I'll post logs if you really want them, but then again I can already see you calling them fake or something.

It's funny because the staff here never admits to any wrongdoing, it's always someone else's fault or problem. And obviously by the look of things in this forum, they are clearly never wrong!

Another problem with these forums is that everyone seems to have to blame someone else when something goes wrong.

• People should start taking responsibility for their actions - Mods included.
  • People should realise that mods do have to take a stubborn standpoint and cannot always concede losses - a moderating team that seems to have no backbone will be abused by trolls and such. That said don't hold back on what you think is a fair point - just make sure it's put across in a manner that wont lead to mud-flinging.
  • When a mod takes a viewpoint which they've shown is 'official' and they wont stand down from, maybe it's best to continue your discussion via pm - third party input doesn't always help.
  • Before posting *THINK* is your post just a way for you venting? Maybe if a discussion gets particularly heated you should take a break - we don't want things spiralling into personal attacks and the likes.
  • Everyone posting here is human - lighten up and accept that YOU are not perfect either.

sorry, I know these are apparently OBVIOUS but it appears people tend to forget these things. They just read the last reply, get riled up about it and let their opinions flood out when they'd be much better off keeping their mouths shut. I wouldn't want you all to do this all the time, because then things wouldn't be as much fun, but I think it's particularly relevant to this topic because I think it's at the point where it could go off the rails.

P.s. Wooo 96 def :)

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Raee
[ Display Name History ]

Raee

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 601 posts
Some logs, I have plenty more if anyone is interested.

-Bolded the important part. I have yet to receive and email/reason and probably would never have been unbanned if I hadn't bugged Quickdraw 5 days later. Shame they never saved any of the topics either, the majority were actually "legitimate". Some pretty lulzy stuff here [12/17/10]

- Quickdrawjoe finally removing my indefinite ban and giving me a 2 week ban instead. No reason why, but I was somewhat happy because I would be unbanned like 2 weeks before Danny! Peter being useless/telling me that clan staff isn't doing what they are meant to be doing as well [12/22/10]

Leader of Nexus
Solace FA
Posted Image

Pan_Nx
[ Display Name History ]

Pan_Nx

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 3,314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Pan Nx
  • Clan:Nexus

Pan: Please stop spewing negative stuff and throwing insults, you are better than that. :)

Since i'm the only one doing such a thing, yes ma'am. But in all seriousness, you need to come back to clan staff. Things around here were at least respectable around here with you.

Really, you all are just shooting yourselves in the foot. Just realize your sucking at doing your job and start putting out updates and pulling clans back here. Just with you all and your annoying responses in this thread you've already turned off two tipit clans that are at least showing interest. Drop your pride, i had to suck up to some of the most pathetic clans to get some clans on tip's side back a few years ago.
Posted Image

Thehitman324
[ Display Name History ]

Thehitman324

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 2,085 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Thehitman324
  • RSN2:Katy-Perry

(16:40:50) <@Ninane> Amateurnoob I saw it and you're [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed]ed

Nice honor Solace, this time you didn't outperformed.

Posted Image
Posted Image
3 Years Strong<3

PM TheHitman|Will in #downfall at swiftirc if your interested in a fight against Downfall Clan

Amateurnoob
[ Display Name History ]

Amateurnoob

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 769 posts
Tip It just got boring, I used to love to come on here more than RSC but most clans moved to RSC and even some of the PVP Clans that are here never post anything, there's just no drive to anymore.

If the mods would do more work to get clans to start posting here again I think Tip It could survive, but that will take a good deal of work. I'm sure there's some clans out there that would post if the mods just asked them to start doing it again, I know I would if the mods took some time to care about the clans on Tip It. After months of not posting on here I have never received anything from any mod asking why we haven't warred, or posted anything here. Maybe if the mods really cared about the Clan Discussion and the clans that used to partake here we would come back.

As I said there is no real drive to post here anymore, whenever I posted we got a few random grats and Uffan5's thumbs up. Why post somewhere I get 3 people to reply on when I can post on RSC where I get 4 pages of people that actually care. I would love to see Tip It make a come back as this is where Downfall grew, and I would do anything I can to help with the revival of the CD and the ranking system, past trolls and immaturity aside, I would be more than happy to assist in any way possible on reviving this discussion as it is so much more informational and opinionated than RSC's "lol idiot" posts.

So if the mods care enough about rebuilding Tip It feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll help get it running again by talking to some clans and getting them to post and trying to get clans active in the war rankings on here again.

/query Amateurnoob or #Downfall

Posted Image

Do us all a favor, construct a proper sentence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users