RIFT

Nadril

That's pretty much right.

Don't worry too much about being a newbie. JJ is a huge noob and still having fun.

Mage is 23 now, having fun with him. Nice not being one of a million rogues.

Woah woah woah.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Don't worry too much about being a newbie. JJ is a huge noob and still having fun.

Woah woah woah.

Its true lol.

I quote:

"wtf I'm confused I can't go on different shards with my character?"

Hmm, I might be convinced to try this. Is it still in beta or...?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Woah woah woah.

Its true lol.

I quote:

"wtf I'm confused I can't go on different shards with my character?"

Lies. Lies and slander.

jjroxlu7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah kind of. We had hopes that world PvP would be emphasized more in this game, with rifts and all, but it turns out it really wasn't. Didn't feel like getting to 50 just to get another bg/wf/scenario/whatever grinding game.

Fingers crossed for GW2 PvP :mrgreen:

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Recently acquired Rift.

Level 26 Rogue, Marksman Ranger (Bard, but I'm putting no points into it)

Been enjoying it generally, but my PC is so low spec that on the lowest settings I still lag, although it says something about my drivers, and I still haven't updated them.

One thing that annoying me a bit, is the Rifts in general. So many higher level players kill off the mobs before I can actually get my good attacks in, that I just end up low on the damage dealing table. I can only shoot out around a few arrows before the mob is killed, and then the lag makes it hard to target a new one before they're killed too.

Although I like the general vibe of Rift (WoW clone) as I did like WoW, some of the different concepts are nice.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I'm in for another 3 months. It's only costing me $35 and since I'm not really playing any other PC games right now and enjoying RIFT (now a level 29 rogue) I might as well. It's nice to be able to play a MMO and not be addicted to it. RIFT is fun but I don't find myself craving to play it at random times throughout the day (like I did occasionally with RS).

By the way, for those considering upgrading for this, an i5-2500k made a huge difference for me. I don't lag anymore, period. Even at the boss invasions where there are like 100 people, it stays smooth.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

You guys who are enjoying it: how many of you have played other MMOs (other than RS or f2p ones)? Just kind of curious.

I will say though that I'm not too hard on RIFT because I'm glad they at least tried to move something in a new direction. I still don't like the concept of an "endgame" (where your only progression is through gear) but that's just me.

I played WoW for quite a while, and thus Rift is practically second nature to me.

Although I have been taking it slow cause of school coursework. I would probably be level 40 by now if it wasn't cause of that, but I'm only at 31.

I feel the only time I actually hated Rift was in the zone of Gloamwood. Which, well, was just gloom and doom.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I'm in for another 3 months. It's only costing me $35 and since I'm not really playing any other PC games right now and enjoying RIFT (now a level 29 rogue) I might as well. It's nice to be able to play a MMO and not be addicted to it. RIFT is fun but I don't find myself craving to play it at random times throughout the day (like I did occasionally with RS).

By the way, for those considering upgrading for this, an i5-2500k made a huge difference for me. I don't lag anymore, period. Even at the boss invasions where there are like 100 people, it stays smooth.

Sadly, i'm looking at getting a laptop to play RIFT on, or one that could at least handle it if I decided to start playing, as i'm going to university soon and buying a new desktop or upgrading my current one wouldn't be very practical. I've seen one above the reccomended spec for a good price but with only i3 but a decent GPU. Should I be expecting lag?

2v8sgvs.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just noticed there was a RIFT thread here.

Does anybody here still play? I got a mage to 50 a few weeks ago and we just got the people in our guild ready to start raiding. Currently stuck on the second Greenscale boss, which is an awareness check.

Some people eviently need to be more aware. Gilded Prophecy is going a lot better though, since we can be more selective about our dps.

2Xeo5.png

Just noticed there was a RIFT thread here.

Does anybody here still play? I got a mage to 50 a few weeks ago and we just got the people in our guild ready to start raiding. Currently stuck on the second Greenscale boss, which is an awareness check.

Some people eviently need to be more aware. Gilded Prophecy is going a lot better though, since we can be more selective about our dps.

I still play. Two level 50s now, a rogue and a cleric. Also stuck on 2/5 GSB lol. My guild is terrible.

Mine isn't the best, the core is there, but a lot of members don't turn up to 20 man raids. Need more dedication from members if we want to beat Johlen.

the second Gilded Prophecy boss is fun as hell. It's basically a game of Simon Says where the penalty for failure is wiping the entire raid.

2Xeo5.png