Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

‘Prepare to Invade Israel,’

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
No [cabbage], Hezbollah is a small guerilla militant force. Estimates say that they have a maximum of 11,000 members to pull from. Israel has army of 600,000+. All Hezbollah can do is more rocket attacks against Israeli civilians.

TANSTAAFL

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555

Doesnt Isreal have the best army in the region? They'll probably be fine on their own. I mean I get that protecting our allies is good, but if they don't need our help then why do we need to step in?

*world
and yes.

Isreal will be alright. And if they need help, I'm sure they can find someone to give them a hand [though due to the Egyptian regime change, its uncertain if Obama would aid Isreal or not]

Really, in the world? I thought the U.S. and England had better armies but Isreal has the best army in the middle east.

Of course i'm American so of course we'd have the best army in the world. My point is, I thought there were better armies.

People just say Israel have the best army because they have mandatory service and well trained soldiers and are one of the only modern, developed countries that have both. In reality the forces of America, China, or Russia could kick the hell out of theirs. Why?

a. Their total available troops (active + reserve) is under 600,000. The U.S. has twice that number, and that's only active troops.
b. Israel has something like 20 naval vessels total. The U.S. has almost 1,600.
c. Israel has 1,200~ aircraft. The U.S. has over 18,000.
d. Israel has something like a $15b defense budget. The U.S.'s is over $510b.
e. Technologically speaking I have no idea, but I would assume that at the very least the U.S. has equivalent military technology to Israel.

tl;dr U.S. Military > Israeli Military

Excluding the facts that you're simply talking about sheer numbers and nothing else, the ratio of time and land should come to the conclusion you came to. However:

1) Israel has only been a country for around 70 years now.
2) We have about ~7695000 people.
3) You're also forgetting land size:
Posted Image

I am not arguing that Israel has a better army, but filling in the facts that you left out.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
Okay, thanks for that irrelevant info. I just said that Israel doesn't have the best military in the world, and you did nothing to disprove that, so... not really sure why you posted tbh...

Land size, population, and time as a country have nothing to do with this. The US military is simply superior.

TANSTAAFL

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555

Okay, thanks for that irrelevant info. I just said that Israel doesn't have the best military in the world, and you did nothing to disprove that, so... not really sure why you posted tbh...

Land size, population, and time as a country have nothing to do with this. The US military is simply superior.

I am not arguing that Israel has a better army

But please do enlighten me how those three things are irrelevant?
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

dusky
[ Display Name History ]

dusky

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dusky 830

I am not arguing that Israel has a better army

But please do enlighten me how those three things are irrelevant?

Ladies, your agreeing with each other.

http://www.urbandict...olent agreement
99 Fletching - 01/08/08
99 Theiving - 09/11/08
99 Cooking - 12/13/08
99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09
99 Strength - 05/07/10

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
... they're irrelevant because you mentioned land area and population while replying to someone talking about military strength of two countries. The statistics you presented have no bearing in that discussion.

TANSTAAFL

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Doesnt Isreal have the best army in the region? They'll probably be fine on their own. I mean I get that protecting our allies is good, but if they don't need our help then why do we need to step in?

*world
and yes.

Isreal will be alright. And if they need help, I'm sure they can find someone to give them a hand [though due to the Egyptian regime change, its uncertain if Obama would aid Isreal or not]

Really, in the world? I thought the U.S. and England had better armies but Isreal has the best army in the middle east.

Of course i'm American so of course we'd have the best army in the world. My point is, I thought there were better armies.

People just say Israel have the best army because they have mandatory service and well trained soldiers and are one of the only modern, developed countries that have both. In reality the forces of America, China, or Russia could kick the hell out of theirs. Why?

a. Their total available troops (active + reserve) is under 600,000. The U.S. has twice that number, and that's only active troops.
b. Israel has something like 20 naval vessels total. The U.S. has almost 1,600.
c. Israel has 1,200~ aircraft. The U.S. has over 18,000.
d. Israel has something like a $15b defense budget. The U.S.'s is over $510b.
e. Technologically speaking I have no idea, but I would assume that at the very least the U.S. has equivalent military technology to Israel.

tl;dr U.S. Military > Israeli Military

Why the [bleep] does Isreal need navel vessels? Yes they're on the coast, but the people who want to kill them are landlocked, so why does that matter?

So let me show you a map of the world, ok?

Large image

Now you tell me on what map is the United States of America anywhere close to the middle east?

We're not fighting Israel to my knowledge, so why are we comparing the armies of 2 allied counties, only 1 of which is in the middle east, to figure out which one is the better army in the middle east.

Next time read my original post before you jump my [cabbage]. It's even the first quote in the chain.

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,230 posts

No [cabbage], Hezbollah is a small guerilla militant force. Estimates say that they have a maximum of 11,000 members to pull from. Israel has army of 600,000+. All Hezbollah can do is more rocket attacks against Israeli civilians.

pretty much, yeah. Which isn't cool.

~~~

as for the military superiority debate...yes Russia and the US have kick-ass armies, but if Israel were the proportional size to them in number, Israel would be on top by a long shot. Hell, Isreal could probly give Russia a run for their money right now as long as nukes/warheads were unused. Israeli troops have much more will to serve, much better training, and hella good equipment [including insanely nice imported fighter jets from the US]. So if we put the US army vs the Israeli Army on Ultimate warrior with all the number crunching and stats and what not...I'm confident Israel would come out on top.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Now you tell me on what map is the United States of America anywhere close to the middle east?

Iraq.

as for the military superiority debate...yes Russia and the US have kick-ass armies, but if Israel were the proportional size to them in number, Israel would be on top by a long shot. Hell, Isreal could probly give Russia a run for their money right now as long as nukes/warheads were unused. Israeli troops have much more will to serve, much better training, and hella good equipment [including insanely nice imported fighter jets from the US]. So if we put the US army vs the Israeli Army on Ultimate warrior with all the number crunching and stats and what not...I'm confident Israel would come out on top.

You realize more than half of Israel's military equipment/funding is paid for by the US, right?

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Iraq.

Excuse me, i'm going to go bang my head against a wall for the next 4 hours.

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229

Iraq.

I'll join you.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
Also, US military presence world wide:
http://upload.wikime...n_the_world.svg

detroit187
[ Display Name History ]

detroit187

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • RSN:bigdog1470
:shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame: i got money on israel \:D/

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts

Iraq.

Maybe it will knock some sense into you and you'll realize that America has massive military presence all over the Middle East.

TANSTAAFL

That_Brown_Kid
[ Display Name History ]

That_Brown_Kid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:Agent G F
  • RSN2:e4sy m4c
Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more land = bigger/larger army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

ofc im kidding thats no way to calculate military strength.
Posted Image

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films

Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more landhowdoyouturnthison = bigger/largerbadass army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

Fixed!
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

That_Brown_Kid
[ Display Name History ]

That_Brown_Kid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:Agent G F
  • RSN2:e4sy m4c

Using knowledge yearned from playing Age of Empires II back in the day, more landhowdoyouturnthison = bigger/largerbadass army.

using this knowledge.

AMURRRICA'S ARMY>ISRAEL

inb4flamers.

Fixed!

Lol'd irl.

or "torpedo hezbollah"?
Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

Iraq.

Maybe it will knock some sense into you and you'll realize that America has massive military presence all over the Middle East.

But we are not in the middle east. The continent we live on is no where close to the region of the world we call the middle east. If our army is not from the middle east, then it is automatically knocked out when competing for the best army of countries in the middle east.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Iraq.

But we are not in the middle east. The continent we live on is no where close to the region of the world we call the middle east. If our army is not from the middle east, then it is automatically knocked out when competing for the best army of countries in the middle east.

We're not talking about living in the country, we're talking about occupying or otherwise existing within the country, there's a difference. A huge part of the US military influence is in the middle east right now, fact.

Also, I'm more concerned about Lebanon and Bahrain right now, as far as I'm aware, Israel can hold it's own. Hezbollah could never summon enough military force to put enough of a dent in the place.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
Originally, I said doesn't Israel have the best army in the middle east. When I said in the middle east, I meant the best army from the middle east. Sorry for the confusion it has caused you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users