Furries

The Dark Lord

Okay. Over the past few months or so, I've seen TIF members with avatars, sigs, and profile pictures depicting anthromorphic animals.

So...A little question to you furries out there:

1) Why are you a furry?

2) Do you dress up like an animal?

And a question to everyone else: What do you think about furries? Does it disturb you? Is it immoral?

Personally, I think it's a bit strange, although I see nothing immoral about it unless a person takes it too far and has sex with animals (e.g. Mr Hands).

Disclaimer: Please try to keep the amount of flaming to a minimum as it discourages real discussion.

Edited by jimmy_jim
Removed question 3

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself part of the fandom AKA "furry."

1) Why are you a furry? Why? This question I really can't answer for one simple reason, I just don't know the answer. It's not something that you just wake up one morning and think: "Well, I think I will become a furry today." It's just a process that you get into for one or more various reasons such as your wife being in it, friends, just feeling a bigger connection to Animalia than others etc. W

2) Do you dress up like an animal? I have on multiple occasions, Usually because of just feeling like doing so or in a sexual roleplay.

3) Do you really have sex with animals or dress up in animal suits and roleplay bestiality? No. That is just a misnomer and not true at all.

Aren't like, 3/4 of all disney animations / movies ever considered to be "furry" ?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I have a bad feeling about this thread.

I think it's a weird fandom. I'm kind of in agreement with pie, the furries who are really into it are creepy. I've not really met a terribly normal furry, probably because a normal person wouldn't make it so public that they liked that.

Aren't like, 3/4 of all disney animations / movies ever considered to be "furry" ?

I think furry is when you sexualize that stuff.

[hide=like this? (SFW)]0q7ge79y8b.jpg[/hide]

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

And a question to everyone else: What do you think about furries? Does it disturb you? Is it immoral?

I wouldn't mind it if they kept it to themselves. People who walk arround with a furry suit do creep me out, in the same way than someone with a giant hand costume with a caption that reads "I HAVE A HAND FETISH" would creep me out.

16185_s.gif

Yeah I just dont feel comfortable around people that like/wants to have sex with animals...

And before anyone goes off saying "blah blah they're human too", then why do they have to be part animal as well?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I have a bad feeling about this thread.

I think it's a weird fandom. I'm kind of in agreement with pie, the furries who are really into it are creepy. I've not really met a terribly normal furry, probably because a normal person wouldn't make it so public that they liked that.

Not quite. This thread could get out of hand, but so far it's been quite civilized. Most of the furry fandom aren't into the sexualization thing.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FurryFandom has some useful notes on it. I won't deny there's sexualization, but it seems as though that's mainly a minority. I'm personally not into it, but I've met a few, and most of them are actually quite nice in that they aren't too weird about it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

My first time on these forums... This isn't exactly the type of topic I expected to see. Hahaa.

I'm fine with people being furries when they keep it to themselves. No need to force horrible mental pictures on the rest of us.

I refuse to answer your questions for the simple reason that you have completely misunderstood my kind. I don't know where this term "furry" comes from, but I find it rather childish and nonsensical. Your questions are similarly childish, but only in the sense that you appear misinformed. Still, one should remember it is best to keep one's mouth shut and allow others to suspect one of idiocy than to open it and remove all doubt.

I am not a furry. I am, in fact, a monkey. I literally believe I am a monkey in the same way that religious people might believe there is a man in the sky watching them wipe their rears with 97% recycled paper. It's a matter of faith.

Whether they were well-intentioned or not, the questions in the OP are offensive. One will notice the use of negative words in questions, such as "disturb" and "immoral". Until we, as a community, can get past these patterns of thought, we can not even come close to the massive destigmatization of "furridom" that is necessary for society to reach a truly acceptable level of equality.

Another issue I have is the association many of you propagate between sexuality and so-called furries. It appears this connection has become so popular because of the mere immaturity of its proponents. I have come to expect more from the members of TIF, and this sort of egregious effrontery reminds me that I am, after all, on a forum for people who play Runescape.

The truth is, I'm just a normal guy who knows he's a monkey. There's nothing wierd about that - Darwin was like me, as were and are many other famous intellectuals.

I hope in the future you will remember to be careful when composing a thread of such potential magnitude. Wording may be glazed over in everyday dialogue, but on the internet something as prosaic as the tone of a post can affect the entire course of a thread.

As with Nadril, I have a bad feeling of where this is going to be headed.

I only know 'furry' by the images based from 4chan, so I've got to say I don't have the best view on them. That being said, there's nothing wrong with it.

j0xPu5R.png

My first time on these forums... This isn't exactly the type of topic I expected to see. Hahaa.

I'm fine with people being furries when they keep it to themselves. No need to force horrible mental pictures on the rest of us.

It's BEN. EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

There's a big blurring of furries, zoophiles, and bestialitiests(?). I'm reminded of the zoophile we had on here a few years back, he made 1 post and never came back. How bestiality was just sex and zoophilia was more of a loving relationship. In Furridom the people believe they are animals and are attracted to other animals like themselves, atleast that is what I believe that they believe. I don't know any furries to really know much factual information. Furridom is kind of like how homosexuality used to be, people are almost ashamed of it. As for my opinions of it, it's just like other sexualities, don't be up in my face about it and I really don't care what you do.

I play on a furry server for TF2, and the guys there are nicer than any other TF2 server i've been on. They don't exactly have sex with animals, that is a misconception.

Ozzy Furocity? good bunch of people. :thumbup:

Popoto.~<3

legit furries are the types who dress as animals and are into bestiality and what not. To those I say "whatever floats your boat, just keep it the hell away from me"

'DeviantArt furries' are those kids that only identify with animals and draw animals and have 'fursonas' and all that crap. I generally find these people childish, egocentric and annoying, but...I've met alot of of these people and generally they're fairly functional members of society...just...they have really strong feelings for animals. weird for sure, but there's weirder out there.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

As long as you're not shagging animals, I couldn't care if you dress up as a fox or think you're a giraffe or whatever. As long as it's not bothering me or anyone else who doesn't want a part in it, whatever floats your boat.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Right, unfortunately these topics have a habit of getting out of hand, so I'd advise everybody who participates on either side of this debate to tread carefully. I'd say something about keeping you all on a short leash, but considering the topic at hand that would just be misconstrued as something completely different.

-Necromagus, Tip.It mod.

Meh...I'm ok with them doing their thing, after all, everyone has something that they find 'shexy'. As long as their not going after my monkey...if you know what I mean.

Considering what we're talking about. You may have to clarify.