Slaying profits

Nifflin

A cannon will eat into your profit considerably, but will boost your slayer xp/hr by a lot.

However since you are only 83 slayer, you do not have access to: Abyssal Demons, Ice Strykewyrms & Dark Beasts. Abyssal profit however now relies on you having a Yak due to the ashes, although with 86+ Agility & a dose of super antifire, tort banking the ashes may be a viable option, via fero ring (same difference as banking on blues).

Ice strykes you do not need a yak & you will earn around 500k an hr only off them, but get a lot of mage xp at around 2gp/xp or something less.

Aside from that, all income from slayer is fairly abysmal - it is no secret that camping a monster will yield more profit than killing random monsters briefly. Of course our brain and eyes need a change of scenery, even if what you are doing is fundamentally the same thing. (Killing mobs)

Slayer is truly poor profit & using a cannon & piety allows you to go through the skill a lot quicker & in theory, allows you to get more of the profitable tasks (via cancelling and finishing your current task sooner.) There is also opportunity cost to take into consideration but that borders more on the "efficiency" point of view. Ie, an abyssal demon is worth X amount, spending Y amount is ok, if it means you can kill more abyssal so that X amount is a lot more than Y amount, such is the case with rarer drops.

TLDR:

Using a cannon, ppots etc, you won't see your bank move much at all, especially not being able to kill the top slayer creatures & being able to bank drops you normally wouldn't bother with. The only reason powerslaying can return a profit, is due to the opportunity cost argument - you kill so many more things you end up getting more rare drops and thus claim back more gold while still getting high xp & effigies etc.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Without at least 85 slayer, don't expect to turn large profits. Even with 96 slayer, I barely turn a profit slaying now, it all has to do with slaying style I suppose. Seeing as I'm constantly ext. potted and using piety and cannoning, it tends to cost more for me. This is just because after having reached frosts, I value my time at about 3.5M/hr, so it would be more beneficial for me to powerslay than decrease costs to turn greater profits.

Obviously if you can't do frosts, your value for time may be lower, like it was for me before. Some advice I would give is to base your task choice off of either money or xp (use both). Obviously, your idea of what good money is may differ, so do it based on what you want/hr. Also, save your slay points to skip tasks, so that you can move on to faster tasks/better moneymakers instead of wasting time at say, warped torts or strykwyrms (personal opinion).

That's all I would suggest. Try to get good money on your tasks, but at the same time, try to spend slay points skipping slow xp and money tasks so that you can reach 85,90,93 slayer faster. Later on you may want to begin to use piety/turm, super/ext pots. Combined with a bunyip/unicorn stallion, the xp rolls in much faster, and usually you break even seeing as you're doing more tasks in the same amount of time you did before.

Good luck though :D hopefully you'll have better luck than me lol.

Trollbomber.png

last warp tort task was 400k+ profit. (banked with yak though)

Don't skip what everybody says are unprofitable or stupid tasks. Test everything out yourself.

good advice

but take their word for it at least in the case of aquanites

yak

Wow you can bank stuff with yak? :o

I don't know if you seriously thought I didn't know about that or you are just trying to get me go on a kitten killingspree?

I am 96 slayer and I don't have a yak, and I am a standard player. I think a lot most 85+ level slayers don't have a yak.

If you're 85+ slayer and don't have a yak, you did something wrong. Just sayin'

Sumondskull6.png

Yeah, with slayer, its more the case of going through a good streak.

Normal herb, seed, etc drops will pay for supplies, and you'll make a few mil on the 'lucky' tasks :-)

Just do all tasks and the drops will come :-)

(Except maybe Kalphite and Greater Demons to name a couple)

yak

I don't know if you seriously thought I didn't know about that or you are just trying to get me go on a kitten killingspree?

I am 96 slayer and I don't have a yak, and I am a standard player. I think a lot most 85+ level slayers don't have a yak.

Not necessarily. I did a large chunk of my slaying before summoning was even out. I didn't even manage 92 summoning with 99 slayer, let alone 96 or 99.

I actually had to do waterfiends + wolpertinger/titan separately and slay an extra 2M exp just to get to 96 summoning.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

yak

Yeah, because I had a lot of opportunities to train summoning when I got slayer 85. You are smart.

I had 88 slayer in Nov. 2006. Don't say things that can backfire so easily.

Margus.png

90 slayer, 93 summoning. I did slayer pretty much since I got members 3 years ago or so, so all of my charms came from that. Guess me already being 90-100 combat when I got members stunted my summoning:slayer level ratio or whatever :P

But yeah, more on topic. You're missing out on some of the more profitable tasks at your level. Just stick with it, maybe cut back on the cannoning (I hate cannoning to begin with, but I will turmoil my tasks if I can be bothered to), and do herb farming between tasks.

Plus luck, obviously, plays a part on the valuable tasks. I've done several abyssal demon tasks in the past little while that I've been back, all dry for whip drops. Now, the last task I had (after the ashes update at that), I got two whips in the first 100 kills, plus a hard clue I didn't do yet. That task totaled about 5 mill profit for me alone. Still, it's just luck. Mine comes and goes, I can say that right now :P

I see that you do have access to spirit mages, though. The d boot price may have crashed quite a bit, but... 300k? ish per drop is still pretty nice, and the droprate is common enough that you should see at least one per task, maybe two (I can't recall off hand, but I thought the rate was 1/80 or something for d boots, but I could very easily be wrong).

Anyway, just stick with it :) you'll start seeing some profit pouring in eventually. And I envy that rapier that you have, I still haven't been able to buy one of my own, lol.

Link_Olaran.png