Obtaurian

Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obt, I forgot to add "Hgtb" to the list of useful acronyms, and I've been excluding all sorts of players from floors due to them not knowing what it means. (Whoops, sorry!) Would you mind adding it sometime?

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

People should know when to hold the gt without you having to tell them.

Does this clan ever relax? DGS of itself seems very uptight...

You need to understand the origins of DGS.

A bunch of uptight metagaming dungeoneers got together and made a clan.

This clan perpetuates its metagaming philosophies and its "uptightness" as you would see it.

This "uptightness" is one of the most fundamental qualities that makes DGS what it is, and unlike any other runescape clan.

asking why DGS is "uptight" is like asking why w60 penguins kicks people who aren't on world 60.

Naaxi.png

When you're not dging with experienced dgers, then you have to tell them. Most new dgers have no idea how to read a map, even if there is one active path and one other door left in the dungeon... Adding "hgtb" also validates my asking everyone what it means as a measure of whether they have read/skimmed/ctrl+f'ed the guidelines.

Our_Moon.png

Does this clan ever relax? DGS of itself seems very uptight...

You need to understand the origins of DGS.

A bunch of uptight metagaming dungeoneers got together and made a clan.

This clan perpetuates its metagaming philosophies and its "uptightness" as you would see it.

This "uptightness" is one of the most fundamental qualities that makes DGS what it is, and unlike any other runescape clan.

asking why DGS is "uptight" is like asking why w60 penguins kicks people who aren't on world 60.

Well sure, if you're not on W60 when you're in the chat you're stopping other people from using it properly and ruining it for people, but a slightly unrelated post on a thread isn't exactly ruining anything.

I guess I should stop posting about this now :oops:

PM me for fitocracy invite

When you're not dging with experienced dgers, then you have to tell them. Most new dgers have no idea how to read a map, even if there is one active path and one other door left in the dungeon... Adding "hgtb" also validates my asking everyone what it means as a measure of whether they have read/skimmed/ctrl+f'ed the guidelines.

You can't expect people to be able to memorize every obscure acronym from reading the guidelines. How hard is it to say hold gt for boss?

You can't expect people to be able to memorize every obscure acronym from reading the guidelines. How hard is it to say hold gt for boss?

Not only new players use the guidelines. It IS a common enough abbreviation that it should have a place on the list. I don't see what's hard about memorizing it... If you know "mgtb" and "hgt," it should be easy enough to pick up.

Personally, I wish the guidelines were less "know this, know that," but they have to be that way, to some extent, to convey the information we want players to learn.

Our_Moon.png

Not only new players use the guidelines. It IS a common enough abbreviation that it should have a place on the list. I don't see what's hard about memorizing it... If you know "mgtb" and "hgt," it should be easy enough to pick up.

Personally, I wish the guidelines were less "know this, know that," but they have to be that way, to some extent, to convey the information we want players to learn.

I dont ever think ive needed to say hgtb... so yeah not common for me ;P

i prefer 'moon hgt everyone else get ready to gt'

only really necessary to say that with new players nyway (but theyre common w/ me lol)

err hgtb... wut; i wouldn't personally know what that meant, never seen it used before.

meamzed.png

err hgtb... wut; i wouldn't personally know what that meant, never seen it used before.

Seeing as you're 105 dungeoneering and have been using dgs for awhile, I'm surprised you have seen it used before. It's in the abbrevation section of the guidelines (Hold)

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

So I'm going to start filming my DGS videos, and then commentating the videos.

I tried commentating a floor as I did it, but it was too much to do at once.

I have the first 4 minutes 35 seconds recorded and uploaded.

It's a little taste of what quality audio and video you can expect from future videos.

File size prior to upload was slightly over 700mb for 4 mins 35 seconds

Runescape graphics settings are set to maximum in every regard except for lighting turned off and roofs always removed.

Video dimensions are 1360 wide by 616 tall.

30 FPS

But I might halve the quality of the videos so uploading to youtube isn't such a pain, but honestly i should be able to maintain the video quality so long as i upload overnight.

And of course no cheesy music.

Here's a sample right here. Do note that future videos will not have in floor audio, but will be commentated after the floor is over.

Naaxi.png

Very nice rare, i dont think i've ever seen anybody do that but i can see it would be very helpful if your running a path with low food and no one else around to help take damage. +1

Maxx1m.png

Currently working on..

Maxx1m.png

Been a wonderful day. First my hex drop and then my keyer review.

iB2dP.png

2496 Completionist

Gratz on both.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Previously the wingmen recommendation system was private and only ranked wingmen/keyers could recommend a new wingman. We have changed our policy and allowed recruit ranks to recommend us wingmen/women.

A short description of what you should be looking for in a potential wingman:

-Wingmen / Wingwomen:

Wingmen are lieutenants (bronze stars) in the clan chat. Wingmen are recommended by Dgsers and ultimately chosen by admins based on their skill and knowledge of dungeoneering. There is no formal application or test - rather, the potential wingman should do his/her best to perform the functions of the rank in order to be noticed and recommended by keyers. All keyers (ranked or not) should designate at least one wingman at the start of every floor.

The wingman will serve several functions in support of the keyer:

In the case that the keyer disconnects, the wingman becomes the default keyer.

The wingman must understand and utilize intelligent map-reading during floors.

The wingman must watch the team closely so as to make corrections or give advice to teammates on efficient room-clearing. Similarly, wingmen must possess knowledge of combat mechanics such as side-stepping, trampling, and safe-spotting so as to teach their teammates as necessary.

The wingman should direct the team in the absence of the keyer. For example, the wingmen should be able to assign paths, tasks, or gates to teammates (unless the keyer says otherwise, of course). This includes breaking the team up if more than one person is at a puzzle or running a path.

The wingman must be able to educate the team on efficient puzzle-solving, which means knowing how each puzzle works and the various tricks to speed them up.

The wingman must possess miscellaneous knowledge such as efficiently making potions, ranged armor, ragers, and altars, as well as when it's appropriate to do so, if at all.

If you know any people that you think could be up to the wingman rank - send a private message to one of the Dgs admins here on Tipit (or that other site which shall not be named in fear of another 1 month ban for posting a link)

Our profiles are:

Michael,

Cheeesy,

Obtaurian

Beware the fleshy tentacles and such.

C1Geq.png

You can now bind 225 sagittarian arrows

Why would you bother doing a large for an arrow hunt? In my experience smalls are just as likely to get you sag arrows.

dukky.png

dukky.png

"Why would you bother doing a large for an arrow hunt? In my experience smalls are just as likely to get you sag arrows. "

I think it was accidently set to large.

C1Geq.png

I'm looking forward to the new wingmen that this new policy could bring in.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Just had to remove a large section of arguing and I will be contacting involved parties privately where required.

Please keep it on topic and if you see someone trolling or you think a post doesn't belong on the thread--report it, don't reply to it. You'll save everyone the hassle. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and for the sake of keeping the topic clean please please please PM me if you disagree the action taken here rather posting in-thread. It will minimize needless bumping and help people better seek advice. I'll be on for the next couple of hours so I WILL get back to you, promise.

hzvjpwS.gif

I haven't been able to get a silk hood yet and was planning to start dungeoneering with you guys around level 70. If I don't get the hood by then, can I still join?

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I haven't been able to get a silk hood yet and was planning to start dungeoneering with you guys around level 70. If I don't get the hood by then, can I still join?

Not having a hood is no problem at all when you join the clan. Using the fact that you don't have one as a crutch, though, is. So if you accept the fact that you'll die slightly more(although it's great for you to learn proper surviving and combat techniques), it will be a non-issue.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.