Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5190 replies to this topic

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Today marks the biggest change to DGS since . . . ever. We now have set standards for our ranks, an application system for progressing through the ranks, a change in the way we advertise, a new home, and most importantly - new trivia!

Ranks:

Previously our recruit rank (single stripe) was a completely useless rank that was handed out to anyone who used the chat for an extended period of time. As of today, all recruits must meet certain standards and undergo a few tests (I'll explain this in a bit) before claiming the right to call themselves Dungeonsweepers. Some recruits will be de-ranked and retested as necessary, but they should be few and far between. Ultimately we want every member of DGS to feel comfortable taking every other member of DGS on their teams.

Most importantly, however, ALL recruits will be expected to become wingmen, and all wingmen will be expected to become keyers.

The wingman rank was previously supposed to be a completely non-keying position (though some wingmen did key here and there). Essentially, recruit ranks either chose to be wingmen or keyers, if they chose at all. The wingman rank now denotes the middle point between recruit and keyer, with huge emphasis on learning to key. Wingmen will also be required to help recruits become wingmen (THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!).

The keyer rank should now be the end goal of every recruit and wingman in DGS. You cannot be truly good at dungeoneering without being able to key, which is something we've never emphasized enough. Furthermore, the keyer rank will now denote mastery in all non-keying aspects of dungeoneering.

Application system:

We've always been a community that values commitment, goals, and attitude just as much as dungeoneering skill. Our application process includes a written application and a review test for every rank. Anyone wanting to join DGS must submit an application before using the clan chat, at which point they'll be able to dungeoneer as a non-recruit until they pass their recruit review. The wingman and keyer reviews place much more emphasis on dungeoneering skill, however. This also simplifies weeding out randoms from the chat, as a simple "do you have an application?" will suffice nicely.

Leaving Tip.it:

Due to the large number of tools and resources required to implement these changes, we are no longer able to operate off of a single thread in Tip.it's H&A forum, and certain restrictions prevent us from simply linking to our various applications and guides from the Tip.it thread. Thus, DGS will now be hosted on The-Forum-That-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Advertisement:

Because DGS can no longer cater to Tipiters alone, we will be advertising on other fansites. We were previously unable to do this as we had very little quality control, but the application and ranking systems will serve to weed out the vast majority of bad seeds quite nicely. We don't expect much traffic from these sites, but that suits us just fine.

Future projects:

With these changes in place, we will now begin serious work on our massive dungeoneering guide/database, as well as Youtube podcasts which will consist of commentary on floors, video guides, recruit tests, etc.

Weekly trivia:

Finally, we realize that we've neglected the trivia while working on all of these changes, so this week we have a four-part trivia written by IHasChicken. Hopefully that will tide everyone over till next week. ;)

Bragging rights:

As of July 31st, 2011:
- DGS is #3 in Runescape for dungeoneering experience.
- DGS is #6 in Runescape for total experience.
- DGS has 158 ranked members.
- The average dungeoneering level in DGS is 99.
- DGS has 10 members with 120 dungeoneering.
- DGS is the only dungeoneering clan that actively conducts dungeoneering research.
- DGS is the only major P2P dungeoneering clan without a level requirement.

Last words:

We would like to thank the Tip.it administration for allowing our thread to remain in the H&A forum all this time. If we could, we would simply create an advertisement thread in the clan forum so that Tipiters could continue to find us with ease, but alas. One thing I'd like to clear up, however: While DGS was originally created with the intention of catering specifically to Tipiters and helping anyone with a computer and a Runescape account, we've slowly changed our goals and ethos over time. Just so everyone is completely clear:

- DGS is not a babysitting clan, nor is it a chaotics/frost dragons clan.
- DGS takes serious dungeoneers and helps them fine-tune their skills and knowledge.
- DGS attempts to create pro keyers out of every member.
- DGS does not condone suiciding or fast floors for the sake of being fast; rather, members should focus on the team's overall exp per hour.
- DGS conducts dungeoneering research so as to facilitate progression in efficient dungeoneering.

If anyone has any questions about joining DGS, send a private message to any DGS admin.

Thank you,
Obtaurian, Cheeesy, Michael, Grimy Bunyip, Rocked
- DGS Administrators

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Michael
[ Display Name History ]

Michael

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,917 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Trollgazer

Ragering thunderous.
It's possible to use a bloodrager on Yk'lagor the thunderous if you know what you're doing. Have one person in the southwest corner scrolling Yk'lagor while the team attacks him normally. The following image shows where you can use a bloodrager on Yk'lagor:

Posted Image
Green = Where you can use your bloodrager, it may differ depending on where yk'lagor is in relation to the southwest corner.

Previous Trivia.

Loffelicious
[ Display Name History ]

Loffelicious

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • RSN:Loffelicious
  • RSN2:Loffemann
  • Clan:Rune Tips
<3 you guys :)

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
I've moved this to Recruitment: Non-Warring Clans. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

I've moved this to Recruitment: Non-Warring Clans. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I thought it was decided that the DGS thread was to stay in H&A?

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

I thought it was decided that the DGS thread was to stay in H&A?

So THAT'S what happened, lol. I thought it had been deleted so I made another one with a headline to clarify what was going on. >_> Sorry about that.

Posted Image

BBK
[ Display Name History ]

BBK

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • RSN:BBK
Sounds good, I'll be sure to use this when I go for ccb and rigour soon. *rereads* oh 90 dunge requirement, oh well :(
Posted Image

Nostar
[ Display Name History ]

Nostar

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • RSN:Nostar

Sounds good, I'll be sure to use this when I go for ccb and rigour soon. *rereads* oh 90 dunge requirement, oh well :(

Rereread it.
Posted Image

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

reading comprehension fail.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
I'm currently updating the guidelines. There never was a real 90+ requirement, but we hadn't gotten around to removing that little clause till now. So to clarify: There are no level requirements for using the clan chat, however, you will have a much harder time finding floors if you cannot do at least f30.

Posted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab

Either that or no one looks you up on highscores when you only have 77 DG ;)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

BBK
[ Display Name History ]

BBK

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • RSN:BBK

Nope I read it fine, it said I can join floors with other <90 dungeoneers but not official floors, unless theres a space. But it's been updated, thanks for clearing that up
Posted Image

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
my friend is giving me a green mask to pay for the rest of my 95 prayer. Looks like ill be able to join Dgs faster than I thought! :)

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
DGS sparked my interest in dungeoneering :D Almost 90 now
Posted Image

Othelbark
[ Display Name History ]

Othelbark

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:Othelbark
  • RSN2:druidguthix
Ill be thinking of joining this soon :)

Goals

If you are my enemy: May Guthix bring you Rest!
Dragon drops: 2 d meds.
Barrows: Dharok platebody, d med.

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient
90+ dg preferred, i personally wouldn't take anyone below 80.

THREE THINGS:
be open to criticism
gate doors
BE responsive
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Andy
[ Display Name History ]

Andy

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,953 posts

Just so you know, not all the keyers are the same. I will take anyone.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

Just so you know, not all the keyers are the same. I will take anyone.

Yeah I think he's just saying that he personally only takes 90+

But Cheeesy's right -- it's up to keyers to decide who they take. I'll add that.

Posted Image

Cow
[ Display Name History ]

Cow

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • RSN:Renoux

-Regarding Weapon Binds:
Anyone using the clan chat must follow these guidelines when deciding on what weapon(s) to bind:

Your main weapon bind must be a melee weapon and must be one of the following, and in order of preference:

• Gorgonite, promethium, or primal 2h
  • Primal battleaxe
  • A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level.

Off to go get a gorgonite 2h sword then I suppose. Goodbye Gorgonite spear (p++) (b), it's been good to dungeoneer with you.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts

-Regarding Weapon Binds:
Anyone using the clan chat must follow these guidelines when deciding on what weapon(s) to bind:

Your main weapon bind must be a melee weapon and must be one of the following, and in order of preference:

• Gorgonite, promethium, or primal 2h
  • Primal battleaxe
  • A maul if your strength level is 20+ levels higher than your attack level.

Off to go get a gorgonite 2h sword then I suppose. Goodbye Gorgonite spear (p++) (b), it's been good to dungeoneer with you.

:thumbup:

Guidelines should be finished. I would advise everyone to read them. Important changes are new keyers, clarification of ranks, NO level requirements, and ring requirements.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users