Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5190 replies to this topic

notasoupbowl
[ Display Name History ]

notasoupbowl

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Tui
  • Clan:SODB, DGS

I'm wondering whether a Primal Maul will be better than a Gorg 2h when my third bind is a CCS with a Surgebox. It seems that most things that are weak to crush are also weak to Magic (Forgotten Warriors with plates, Earth warriors, Fire giants etc). Is the accuracy of a Maul good enough on monsters that are weaker to slash?

No, bind gorg 2h + ccs. Maul is horrible against zombies etc.

I just bound a blood necklace(w00t!), along with my primal baxe and ssh.

I know to constantly surround myself with as many monsters as possible, but is there anything more to it than that? Don't attack level 3 bats and books, of course, as the BN will one-hit them. If anyone has any extra tips on maximizing the use of my BN, let me know. =D

Kind've trivial knowledge, but it only activates on monsters that are aggro'd on someone + bosses
It can be used to KO lum icefiend and stomp if you fail to ko regularly.
Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
On the second form of Flesh, it will heal you 240 LP every 15 seconds, making it almost impossible to die if you have prayer (assuming you're standing next to flesh + all 5 spawns).

Posted Image

Jmmy
[ Display Name History ]

Jmmy

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Jmmy
Not that anyone will care, but I've decided to leave DGS. However this post is not going to rant about the clan is any way whatsoever. I only left because of a girl (odear).

When I was hardcore dging with you guys, back in November/December/January I think, it was brilliant. Could not have asked for a better group of teachers. I have spent the last couple months maxing out (as Ousekeys may have noticed, as we were both miles ahead of anyone else in the clan for xp gained, but usually within 1-2m of each other. Fair play to you!). But now it's time for me to dg again. Only I have to key every floor I do for someone else :P

Going to be happily keying for 2-3 randoms every floor in 148 on my way to 120.

Thanks again to everyone involved with making DGS a fantastic teaching clan.

Keep up the hard work!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Oh well Jmmy :( Wondered why I didn't see you dg'ing much with us anymore.
Take care now ;D!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Leaf
[ Display Name History ]

Leaf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • RSN:Leaaf

I'm wondering whether a Primal Maul will be better than a Gorg 2h when my third bind is a CCS with a Surgebox. It seems that most things that are weak to crush are also weak to Magic (Forgotten Warriors with plates, Earth warriors, Fire giants etc). Is the accuracy of a Maul good enough on monsters that are weaker to slash?

Do you have a list of which enemies are weak to slash yet can't be maged effectively? Off the top of my head I can only think of Forgotten Rangers and Mages.

Posted Image

Our_Moon
[ Display Name History ]

Our_Moon

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,087 posts

Do you have a list of which enemies are weak to slash yet can't be maged effectively? Off the top of my head I can only think of Forgotten Rangers and Mages.

That's not the point. Maul is a useless bind for 99% of people in DGS. What's so bad about using a gorg 2h? It IS the better option.
Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
Because if mage would be more DPS than a gorg 2h on monsters, there's no reason to use a gorg 2h when you have a CCS bound. :P

Posted Image

notasoupbowl
[ Display Name History ]

notasoupbowl

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • RSN:Tui
  • Clan:SODB, DGS
Fire surge ccs w/ blazer would likely be slightly better than gorg 2h on most monsters.
However, you would waste a ton of time crafting runes.
If you are at ht making runes and not running paths, you're a bad dnger.
Air surge on the other hand with ccs is very likely worse than gorg 2h on the majority of monsters.
Posted Image

Leaf
[ Display Name History ]

Leaf

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • RSN:Leaaf

That's not the point. Maul is a useless bind for 99% of people in DGS. What's so bad about using a gorg 2h? It IS the better option.

The thing is that it's 2 tiers lower than Primal. Since I don't plan to train Attack in the near future for PvP purposes, I don't have access to Promethium weapons.
Maybe 99% of people don't have their Attack 19 levels lower than their Str?
and how is it "not the point" to ask which enemies a 2h would be better on than a maul? I can't really decide just based on a simple statement of "XXX is better".

Posted Image

JPMC Mate
[ Display Name History ]

JPMC Mate

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,965 posts
  • RSN:CajoleDracoX
  • Clan:L33T CC
This is what TUI told me when I asked her this:

Is there a reason the 2 tier difference rule (if your str is 2 tiers higher than atk, use maul) exists?

The idea is that given enough tier difference that the extra dps against crush weak monsters would be worth the inaccuracy on slash weak monsters.
But for example, Primal maul: 185 crush, 166 str
Vs Gorg 2h: 145 slash, 121 crush, 141 str
I'd choose gorg 2h
We don't have any numbers on the crush defenses of slash weak monsters, so this is purely speculation, but mauls in general are a lot worse than 2h'ers, so we have the rule for odd accounts that are say, 60 attack 99 str, and to disallow most players from using maul over 2hs of similar tiers because it's [cabbage].

[url=http://www.rsbandb.com/]Posted Image[/url]

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

sajdood
[ Display Name History ]

sajdood

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:Sajdood
Guys, apparently ghosts are weak to crush. Does this apply to *all* ghosts in dungeons?

JPMC Mate
[ Display Name History ]

JPMC Mate

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,965 posts
I heard from an Admin that all ghosts except level 199 ghosts shouldn't be crushed.

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Jimmyw3000
[ Display Name History ]

Jimmyw3000

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
slash 199 ghosts+? wat.

i think the admin probably wanted u to mage 199+ ghosts or something

sajdood
[ Display Name History ]

sajdood

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:Sajdood
Hmm, well could anyone please verify? I can't remember if it was anyone in dgs or somewhere else that stated this, but I do remember reading elsewhere that certain ghosts should be crushed?

Also, I definitely remember it being crushed Rare. Is it better to mage 199+ ghosts, by the way?

Our_Moon
[ Display Name History ]

Our_Moon

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
Per Grimy, you should crush ALL ghosts of ALL levels (last time I heard.... ~two weeks ago) if you're meleeing them. I *think* (not Grimy's words) that you should mage anything over 136.

EDIT: changed the current "crush" from the erroneous "mage," sorry
Posted Image

AHappySeeker
[ Display Name History ]

AHappySeeker

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • RSN:AHappySeeker
  • Clan:Diglettsweepers
He said that he heard that 199+ ghosts SHOULD be crushed. Those below should be crushed. This likely assumes the lack of a CSB. Read carefully.

JPMC Mate
[ Display Name History ]

JPMC Mate

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

He said that he heard that 199+ ghosts SHOULD be crushed. Those below should be crushed. This likely assumes the lack of a CSB. Read carefully.

I said that in my previous post. Saying not to crush below 199 level means the same thing as crushing at 199+ level.

AHappySeeker
[ Display Name History ]

AHappySeeker

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • RSN:AHappySeeker
  • Clan:Diglettsweepers
I was correcting someone who misunderstood your post. Read carefully.

Grimy_Bunyip
[ Display Name History ]

Grimy_Bunyip

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  • RSN:Grimy Bunyip
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers
baxers should always crush all ghosts.

Whether or not 2h's should slash or crush ghosts depends on how Jagex scales the defense of monsters between high and low levels.
However they're notoriously bad at that, so it's actually near impossible for me to know if slashing is better at low levels.
But definitely crush high level ghosts.
Posted Image

Matt_Marche
[ Display Name History ]

Matt_Marche

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • RSN:Matt Marche
  • RSN2:Ismibeg
  • Clan:DGS, THH
To clarify;

ALL 199 ghosts should be maged.

ALL ghosts above 136 should be maged if you have a ccs (for sure)

Anything between 136-199 should be maged at your discretion, based on your magic binds/staff

And ALL ghosts should be CRUSHED when NOT maged.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users