Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I'd like to join. 104 Dungeoneering, Promethium 2h, Promethium platebody (although I'm looking for a celestial catalytic staff to replace it), shadow silk hood and a celestial surgebox. Tier 9 Blazer and tier 9 Berserker. 90/89/90 in Melee stats, 95 Prayer, 99 Ranged, 99 Magic and 92 Summoning.

Just pop into the clan chat whenever you need floors. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might seem I'm an ass but why do people feel the need to mention their stats?(I understand the binds) but if you're good at dunging stats don't matter that much.

Because people want high melees. When I key w148, I generally don't let anyone below 130 join my team.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I'd like to join. 104 Dungeoneering, Promethium 2h, Promethium platebody (although I'm looking for a celestial catalytic staff to replace it), shadow silk hood and a celestial surgebox. Tier 9 Blazer and tier 9 Berserker. 90/89/90 in Melee stats, 95 Prayer, 99 Ranged, 99 Magic and 92 Summoning.

They'll probably urge you to get blitzer instead of blazer, other then that, sounds pretty perfect if you ask me :P

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Might seem I'm an ass but why do people feel the need to mention their stats?(I understand the binds) but if you're good at dunging stats don't matter that much.

Because people want high melees. When I key w148, I generally don't let anyone below 130 join my team.

You really just need 80+ to be effective. A dude with 80 melees and t9 zerker who takes initiative and isn't a whimp will take Berzerker from a 138 any day (unless the 138 has t9 zerker and takes initiative, too).

Being good at dungeoneering starts with taking initiative.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You really just need 80+ to be effective. A dude with 80 melees and t9 zerker who takes initiative and isn't a whimp will take Berzerker from a 138 any day (unless the 138 has t9 zerker and takes initiative, too).

Being good at dungeoneering starts with taking initiative.

Shouldnt you be catching up sleep :o

They'll probably urge you to get blitzer instead of blazer, other then that, sounds pretty perfect if you ask me :P

Why? Aren't Blazer and Blitzer nearly identical when it comes to DPS? And Blazer may save a couple of runes.

/wants a dgs sig.

Just finally got around to joining up with this group. Hoping to DG alot this week with you guys.

Hood and Prom 2h bound with 125 laws bound. Ideally getting 81 dg two weeks from now and 100+ by the end of the summer.

Should I solo up until 70 or join in on C6 small rushes until 70 before doing larges?

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

/wants a dgs sig.

This.

Yeah, someone make me a good one. Why does Bro Pal get the best sigs? :evil:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Why? Aren't Blazer and Blitzer nearly identical when it comes to DPS? And Blazer may save a couple of runes.

This

Um Blitzer has less overkill damage, so it's more effective until the runes run out. There generally isn't enough to mage that it will run out.

They are EXTREMELY close though, so they might not really care. Blazer is fun to soul split off of though :P

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

the only time its ever appropriate to use blazer is if youre only maging. otherwise blitzer is clearly better

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Hey!

I have a question for all you pro dungeoneers.

As it is my only skill that I lvl is Slayer and the ones that directly help that cause. Doing it pretty relaxed though.

Now I want to lvl my dungeoneering up to atleast 90 and I will be investing a lot of time into it in the following weeks.

I am very excited about the tip.it dungeoneering clan and I for sure am willing to learn. But I am also a realist and i know that no-one has use for a lvl 1 dungeoneering newbie. :D:D

SO, how much should I do on my own, to which lvl I would I need to get to be of any use to you guys?

Also, I prefer solo, but if anyone has any tips, on how to get to the lvl as quickly as possible let me know. I am new in it, so solid ABC dungeoneering tips would be much appreciated. :)

Purekilljoy.png

Hey!

I have a question for all you pro dungeoneers.

As it is my only skill that I lvl is Slayer and the ones that directly help that cause. Doing it pretty relaxed though.

Now I want to lvl my dungeoneering up to atleast 90 and I will be investing a lot of time into it in the following weeks.

I am very excited about the tip.it dungeoneering clan and I for sure am willing to learn. But I am also a realist and i know that no-one has use for a lvl 1 dungeoneering newbie. :D:D

SO, how much should I do on my own, to which lvl I would I need to get to be of any use to you guys?

Also, I prefer solo, but if anyone has any tips, on how to get to the lvl as quickly as possible let me know. I am new in it, so solid ABC dungeoneering tips would be much appreciated. :)

Lamps, tears, penguin points to DG. Solo C6 smalls. Practice rushing through, do absolutely nothing that isn't required to open doors. No random monster killing, no resource gathering, no armor making, etc. An exception is making a bloodrager and scrolls, those speed up bosses a lot-- the scroll special lowers defense significantly.

It's a long, annoying path to getting high enough to do floors with the general public. Generally, large floor teams start at floor 30, and it's not easy to find teams until you have at least 35 open so you have more chances of matching up with others. Many people choose to get there with penguin points and tears of Guthix and ignore the skill until then.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Pick up some [cabbage] nobody uses to sell.

Take like 1-2 med tier food, leave highest for keyer.

buy a toolkit and rune ess and make about 40 cosmics runes, 10 astrals and 60 laws if you don't have any binded.

And ur good to go.

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

I just have a [hopefully] quick question too -

What does one do at the very start of a dungeon on a TIF team?

Here's what I do at the start of a dungeon:

Grab a few flatfish+ food (usually around 400-600 lp worth if I'm DPS, bit more if I'm keying), and enough sellable useless crap (arrows, weapons, mage armor, headgear) to get ~3k. If I'm the keyer, I grab whatever armor looks appealing and ask people to drop it if I saw something I wanted.

Buy toolkit and 40 rune ess, drop extra cash

Make 60 cosmics and 20 astrals (I double both and have laws bound, your mileage may vary)

Drop a safe gate in the base

Start opening doors or dive into a GD if there is one

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I just have a [hopefully] quick question too -

What does one do at the very start of a dungeon on a TIF team?

Here's what I do at the start of a dungeon:

Grab a few flatfish+ food (usually around 400-600 lp worth if I'm DPS, bit more if I'm keying), and enough sellable useless crap (arrows, weapons, mage armor, headgear) to get ~3k. If I'm the keyer, I grab whatever armor looks appealing and ask people to drop it if I saw something I wanted.

Buy toolkit and 40 rune ess, drop extra cash

Make 60 cosmics and 20 astrals (I double both and have laws bound, your mileage may vary)

Drop a safe gate in the base

Start opening doors or dive into a GD if there is one

whereas i instantly go into hero keyer mode and just start opening doors. grab arrows or something to sell before i leave though

who needs food when you're pro?

C1Geq.png

Bound laws over sagg arrows?

And is there really usually enough stuff for EVERYONE to do all of that?

well with laws bound all i need is 70 rune ess and 1.3k for toolkit. I can also easily manage with less than 70 ess - probably could do it with like 40.

C1Geq.png

Bound laws over sagg arrows?

And is there really usually enough stuff for EVERYONE to do all of that?

Often there won't be enough for everyone to grab something to sell, but someone will get something like a kata spear that sells for ~8k and will get another person geared. There's always enough food for everyone to get at least 400 lp worth. Sometimes there's not enough cash on the table for everyone to get geared, and people will have to go back after the first GD to grab runes and tools, but it's not the norm.

Sagg arrows are a 100% useless bind if you don't have a hexhunter.