Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Clearly, your rc level helps a ton in the beginning if you can craft double cosmics/astrals.

May be worth leveling up that Artisan ring if you're close to double cosmics/astrals. It's only a few tokens anyway and if your team doesn't drop money it'll save some time from running back later to craft. Artisan also reduces skill door damage so it's not totally useless after either, especially for keyers, although Gatherer is often preferred for those rare cases where you need to gather.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also I usually save an extra 1.3k if I didn't get a kiteshield/anti-dragon shield from the start tables. That lets me buy a Novite Kiteshield, which is pretty useful for me since I key with a Tank Ring (haters gonna hate).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly, your rc level helps a ton in the beginning if you can craft double cosmics/astrals.

May be worth leveling up that Artisan ring if you're close to double cosmics/astrals. It's only a few tokens anyway and if your team doesn't drop money it'll save some time from running back later to craft. Artisan also reduces skill door damage so it's not totally useless after either, especially for keyers, although Gatherer is often preferred for those rare cases where you need to gather.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also I usually save an extra 1.3k if I didn't get a kiteshield/anti-dragon shield from the start tables. That lets me buy a Novite Kiteshield, which is pretty useful for me since I key with a Tank Ring (haters gonna hate).

I thought gatherer reduced skill damage - or do they both do it.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Pretty sure they both do.

Pretty sure they both do.

yep

Naaxi.png

I finally joined the forums...I won't be of any help right now, but never hurt to just join the forums for now.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I finally joined the forums...I won't be of any help right now, but never hurt to just join the forums for now.

Just start using lamps/pengs/tears on dungeoneering, get 70 rc for a surgebox (or bind laws, doesn't matter), unlock piety if you haven't already quest cape derrrrrrr, and you're good to go. :thumbup: Welcome to DGS.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just start using lamps/pengs/tears on dungeoneering, get 70 rc for a surgebox (or bind laws, doesn't matter), unlock piety if you haven't already quest cape derrrrrrr, and you're good to go. :thumbup: Welcome to DGS.

What is the...point? (for lack of better wording) for binding a surgebox or laws? Thanks!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

What is the...point? (for lack of better wording) for binding a surgebox or laws? Thanks!

you have an ammo bind, the best use for it is surgebox or laws.

Naaxi.png

Laws are used to cast group gatestone teleport (ggs). Very useful for keyers in particular, as well as doing c1s quickly. I'd recommend binding them if you can't wield a csb. Celestial surgebox (csb) holds 125 casts of wind surge. Very useful for taking down forgotten warriors quickly (among other things/bosses).

EDIT:

Spent at least 1m tokens on experience, but decided to complete my chaotic weapons set:

cls.png

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Laws are used to cast group gatestone teleport (ggs). Very useful for keyers in particular, as well as doing c1s quickly. I'd recommend binding them if you can't wield a csb. Celestial surgebox (csb) holds 125 casts of wind surge. Very useful for taking down forgotten warriors quickly (among other things/bosses).

EDIT:

Spent at least 1m tokens on experience, but decided to complete my chaotic weapons set:

cls.png

110227212652.png

u mad

o had cls on i swear but its not showing

Looks like I'll be binding some Laws lol. I have a lot to learn yet...

Lamps, tears, penguin points to DG. Solo C6 smalls. Practice rushing through, do absolutely nothing that isn't required to open doors. No random monster killing, no resource gathering, no armor making, etc. An exception is making a bloodrager and scrolls, those speed up bosses a lot-- the scroll special lowers defense significantly.

It's a long, annoying path to getting high enough to do floors with the general public. Generally, large floor teams start at floor 30, and it's not easy to find teams until you have at least 35 open so you have more chances of matching up with others. Many people choose to get there with penguin points and tears of Guthix and ignore the skill until then.

Thanx a lot!

But at lvl 1 dungeoneering it doesn't really make a lot of sense to start wasting peng points on it.

Probably gonna do that after I am a bit more familiar with the skill. I'm gonna start doing that pretty soon then, it's not like I'm gonna be making any pots for slaying be4 BXW anyway :D.

Purekilljoy.png

Start off by clearing the complexities ro get you to level 6. After that, you can use TOG for XP, then move on to lamps and peng points.

I'm sorry, TOG? I've been reading up on the skill, but I don't know what TOG stands for.

tears of guthix

it's a quest/minigame.

You do the quest to unlock the minigame.

Then you can play the minigame for free xp in your lowest lvl skill.

Naaxi.png

Start off by clearing the complexities ro get you to level 6. After that, you can use TOG for XP, then move on to lamps and peng points.

I'm sorry, TOG? I've been reading up on the skill, but I don't know what TOG stands for.

tears of guthix

it's a quest/minigame.

[cabbage], I hate minigames. Alrite, gonna read up on it, if it's not too much of a major pain in the ass then I'm gonna do it. True that though, I have 3 lvl 1's :D, so I will only get xp in dng for 1 time then it's gonna be in hunter and constr?

Purekilljoy.png

tears of guthix

it's a quest/minigame.

[cabbage], I hate minigames. Alrite, gonna read up on it, if it's not too much of a major pain in the ass then I'm gonna do it. True that though, I have 3 lvl 1's :D, so I will only get xp in dng for 1 time then it's gonna be in hunter and constr?

You go there, catch drops of water off of a wall for a pre-determined amount of time (depends on your qp, it's not very long), then you're done for a week.

It's a minigame that takes like 3 mins then its over.

Naaxi.png

Yeah, not gonna happen, even if it is for 3 mins. :P I like my hunter at lvl 1.

Ok back to DNG now. If my goal is to get a chaotic rapier, BC (yeah, not the most efficient way to go, but i hate prayer with passion) about what dng lvl would that be? Also as I enjoy farming and herblore would it be useful to get a scroll of life and cleansing as well? What lvl DNG would that be?

PS! Thanx a lot for all your help guys, without your help I probably would have never started that skill be4 slayer 99, now I probably will during this week. :P

Purekilljoy.png

Yeah, not gonna happen, even if it is for 3 mins. :P I like my hunter at lvl 1.

Ok back to DNG now. If my goal is to get a chaotic rapier, BC (yeah, not the most efficient way to go, but i hate prayer with passion) about what dng lvl would that be? Also as I enjoy farming and herblore would it be useful to get a scroll of life and cleansing as well? What lvl DNG would that be?

PS! Thanx a lot for all your help guys, without your help I probably would have never started that skill be4 slayer 99, now I probably will during this week. :P

Chaotic rapier is 2m dungeoneering exp/200k dungeoneering tokens. So you would be around 80/81 taking into account that you wont get a token every time you get 9 exp.

C1Geq.png

if I'm in the cc and anyone ever wants to duo smalls c6 (like mainly fls 1-29) I'm up for it! good fun

and fls 25+ I don't mind large but it's hard to find a team for <30 large

tho if you don't listen to me I won't dng with you, but asking for explanations etc is fine

siggya.png