Crashing as a profession?

PereGrin

Last night, me and my friend went to bandos duo. We have nearly maxed gear, I just need turm and a yak (coming on bxpw :D). He has everything. We went to FFA worlds, cause then we can get elites and effiges as well.

Anyway, we started out trip, were about 15 mins in to it, when this guy shows up. His gear is: v helm, bcp, tasset, fury, d defender, d boots, sw cape. And he has a whip. We were like, eh, he probably won't get too many kills with that, since we both have chaotics (he had cls, I had rapier). After the 2nd kill tho, it became apparent that he was sucking down spec recovers so he could continue clawing. 2 claw specs on every kill basically means he gets it.

So, we each had about 20kc at that point, and most of our supplies, so we just decided to hop and let the jerk solo or whatever. So we used the altar to tele out, and just started killing some bandos mages and whatever to top off our kc. Immediately after we left tho, this crasher logged out. Now there was another guy hanging around at the door waiting for us to go in, so we just left that world and went to another one. Now its FFA, it took 1 hop to find another world.

So we went to this new world, and finished out trip. Everything was going well, and we both had about 100kc when this person walks in the door. She's got v helm, bcp, tassets, fury, d boots, sw cape, dfs and a cls. Sound vaguely familiar? She doesn't even have overloads. So she claws the first kill, but my friend had claws as well, so he ended up getting it. But then right after the kill, she starts regularly eating something (read: spec recovers). We decided to leave, so just before the spawn, we teled out via the altar. We go back to the door, and witnessed one of the worst bandos solos I have ever seen. She got within 300lp at least 3 times, and nearly died to the minis after she killed graar. Now, bandos + dfs is one of the highest range defense bonuses you can get. But yet she is switching between deflect range and soul split as she kills the minions.

Wouldn't you know, as soon as the kill is over, she runs over to the corner and logs out. I'm going to estimate it took her 2-3 brews to solo that one graar. And then another extreme set or something cause she didn't have overloads. So we went back in after she logged, and killed another boss. And then she logs back in again...... So we left via the altar, and ran back up, and shes not in the room anymore. lol. The boss spawns, so we went back in, got like 3 more kills and then ran out of supplies and left.

I had never seen this before. This makes no sense to me. Why would you crash a world, and when you are successful, just leave and go find another world to crash?

So anyway, I hadn't seen this type of crasher before, although I don't MH very much. They seem to be idiots tho, and they are unable to tank or solo very many graars.

I know next time it happens to me, I will either let them tank, or just tele out and let them solo. It basically forces them to leave the world. And hey, if they die, we might just set a timer for 11mins or so, and go kill all the goblins we can find outside. Free loots ;)

Anyone else seen these people before? How do you deal with them?

pere_grin.png

*shrugs*

People in this game tend to be [wagon] more often than not. There's an awful lot of griefers, especially since the Wildy Update brought a bunch of retired griefers back into the game. To me, what you described is not that much different from the [bleep]s who will run into TDs, see you're there, and then proceed to lure all of them over to you and then log/tele.

td2sig.jpg

*shrugs*

People in this game tend to be [wagon] more often than not. There's an awful lot of griefers, especially since the Wildy Update brought a bunch of retired griefers back into the game. To me, what you described is not that much different from the [bleep]s who will run into TDs, see you're there, and then proceed to lure all of them over to you and then log/tele.

[garden tool] hum. What do you know, isn't this the guy who bashes every recent development and blames pvp for it. Obviously crashing must be there because of pvp aswell. Must be a pretty big stick up there.. :rolleyes:

as for the story, it really makes sense for them to kill graar in that way if they can't tank. They'll basically get most kills, with faster pace and less supplies used. If you don't want that to happen, do ls, ffa is for the best of the best.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

*shrugs*

[garden tool] hum. What do you know, isn't this the guy who bashes every recent development and blames pvp for it. Obviously crashing must be there because of pvp aswell. Must be a pretty big stick up there.. :rolleyes:

The Wildy Update brought back a lot of people, period. Therefore, it's fair to say that because it renewed interest in the game, and some of the people that came back were/are griefers, the Wildy/Free Trade made griefing more common. I wasn't trying to claim that "OMG PEEKAYS ARE GRIEFING IN PVM@@@."

td2sig.jpg

as for the story, it really makes sense for them to kill graar in that way if they can't tank. They'll basically get most kills, with faster pace and less supplies used. If you don't want that to happen, do ls, ffa is for the best of the best.

Leeching off another party and hoping to steal their drops is "the best of the best"? I've been doing it all wrong.

this is why bandos is one of the worst pvm bosses, idk why people care about bandos so much.

anyway, you should go into bandos knowing full well that you're gonna face people like this. dks and tds are way better for this reason.

Leeching off another party and hoping to steal their drops is "the best of the best"? I've been doing it all wrong.

it's probably the easiest way to do bandos, lol. if i could find a noob to crash on every server, you'd see me crashing every world.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The Wildy Update brought back a lot of people, period. Therefore, it's fair to say that because it renewed interest in the game, and some of the people that came back were/are griefers, the Wildy/Free Trade made griefing more common. I wasn't trying to claim that "OMG PEEKAYS ARE GRIEFING IN PVM@@@."

Most everything you've posted after 1st february has been in negative light of the update. Luring/scamming/general ass'ish behaviorism is there for not only because there are people with bad intentions, but because there are stupid people who fall for the traps. Seeing the problem this one sided is what makes me mad. The person in question is trying to MH the best way he/she can, and if it takes screwing people over(who are there to be screw'd over, with non-ls), so be it. Why not say that the stupidity of rs players made this sort of behavior more common?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Basic idea behind crashing is getting the fastest kills possible using the least supplies. So basically if your team has no anti crashing setup (Normal Bandos teams nowadays should all have around 10 spec restores at least set up for when a crasher comes), you'll most likely get crashed. The best way to deal with it is to let them tank Graador. Stand away from them and if Graador walks towards his direction just flick protect from range on while killing minions. Unless they have actual solo gear (which I doubt, otherwise they'd be soloing) then they'd most likely will have to tele. Crashing at Bandos has been so common in the past year (way before free trade came out, starting with clans such as w77 Crash Unit) that people who gwd have to expect to be crashed at bandos. If you don't want to be crashed as much Sara/Arma are usually much better. Corp/Nex has almost no crashers at all if you have the level/gear requirement.

120dgl.jpg

Most everything you've posted after 1st february has been in negative light of the update. Luring/scamming/general ass'ish behaviorism is there for not only because there are people with bad intentions, but because there are stupid people who fall for the traps. Seeing the problem this one sided is what makes me mad. The person in question is trying to MH the best way he/she can, and if it takes screwing people over(who are there to be screw'd over, with non-ls), so be it. Why not say that the stupidity of rs players made this sort of behavior more common?

I wouldn't say we were there to be screwed over. Actually, we outgeared both of these "crashers" as far as general gear goes. We just didn't bring 15 spec recovers each so we could just spec graar twice every spawn. I think if we run into people like this again, we might just try to kill them. They literally cannot solo or tank to save their lives, and the mage minion just decimates them. The one chick was risking CLS and the minions red barred her after she killed graar cause she didn't know what to pray.

We were FFA for elites, effigies, and cause LS is full of level 110 "clan event" masses. There's not really much point to try and fight for kills against 20 people using bandos godswords and terrorbirds.

Our combined kc was around 280 in the room, which isn't bad for 6 overloads, considering I don't have turmoil yet.

Oh yeah, and in FFA the kills and drops appear on your ad-log, which is nice for bragging rights :shades:

EDIT @ above:

Yeah, I realize crashing at bandos is to be expected. Lootshare world's have always been packed, so I understand that people crash there cause you cannot find a world any other way basically. What amazed me is that these people crashing FFA were not crashing to take the world. They were crashing, and then when they were successful, they would logout, and go find another world to crash. They were not taking the worlds to use, they were just forcing people out of the world, and then leaving it empty. I had never seen people crash, just for the sole purpose of crashing.

pere_grin.png

Crashing is the only fun I get out of Bandos GWD any more. It also means you don't spend time gathering a team up; it's cheaper than soloing as well. Basically, crashing is just more economical and less reliant on other people.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Crashing is the only fun I get out of Bandos GWD any more. It also means you don't spend time gathering a team up; it's cheaper than soloing as well. Basically, crashing is just more economical and less reliant on other people.

Idk, my friend pm'd me, said "hey, you want to go to bandos?" So I said "sure," and 15 minutes later we both had kc. Didn't really take that long. The way these people were doing it didn't seem very economical tho. I mean, you last maybe 25 kills, and then you gotta restock. And the constant world hopping takes time. Not to mention that these people had like 30mil risk at least, and it truly was a risk cause they could not tank/solo at all. They very obviously did not know how to solo bandos.

pere_grin.png

If you've never seen this before; you clearly haven't bossed much (or bandos for that matter).

This is very popular, and always has been.

w77 sound familiar to anyone? It would to those who go to bandos a lot.

Also, they're not "Forcing you to leave", and they "don't want the world". They're using YOU for FASTER KILLS and LESS SUPPLIES USED.

The same thing happens at KBD

The same thing happens at a lot of places.

It's MORE EFFICIENT to let someone else kill some of your kill when all you want is the loot.

They're not logging out when they "succesfully crash the world", they log because YOU left.

When YOU leave, THEY don't have that edge of faster kills anymore.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

If you've never seen this before; you clearly haven't bossed much (or bandos for that matter).

Also, they're not "Forcing you to leave", and they "don't want the world". They're using YOU for FASTER KILLS and LESS SUPPLIES USED.

It's MORE EFFICIENT to let someone else kill some of your kill when all you want is the loot.

They're not logging out when they "succesfully crash the world", they log because YOU left.

So they are just leeches, like those idiots in dungoneering at lower levels. Those people are always so mature and nice to be around :rolleyes:

I believe I said in the OP somewhere that I haven't MH'd much. I did it pretty heavily for a very short time just before overloads and turmoil got released. Then, I didn't have them, so I switched to other things.

No need to get all flamey about it. But hey, since they suck at tanking so bad, we could add on to our earnings by trying to kill them. hehehe, maybe I should bring teleothers. Or you know, if I really cbf to hop, a ddos might work too. <-- definitely the most efficient way to do it.

pere_grin.png

I personally remember someone on these forums mentioned that DDoS'ing people would become the most consistent moneymaker after the release of FT.

Of course, I mean this in jest.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So they are just leeches, like those idiots in dungoneering at lower levels. Those people are always so mature and nice to be around :rolleyes:

I believe I said in the OP somewhere that I haven't MH'd much. I did it pretty heavily for a very short time just before overloads and turmoil got released. Then, I didn't have them, so I switched to other things.

No need to get all flamey about it. But hey, since they suck at tanking so bad, we could add on to our earnings by trying to kill them. hehehe, maybe I should bring teleothers. Or you know, if I really cbf to hop, a ddos might work too. <-- definitely the most efficient way to do it.

Making your point known without dressing it up with flowers and lollipops does not automatically mean you are flaming.

A ddos, i may add, is illegal. Breaking jagex rules is not permitted on this board, good luck trying to justify breaking irl laws to the boss.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Making your point known without dressing it up with flowers and lollipops does not automatically mean you are flaming.

A ddos, i may add, is illegal. Breaking jagex rules is not permitted on this board, good luck trying to justify breaking irl laws to the boss.

+1

120dgl.jpg

Well, ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS made it read pretty flamey. 'CAUSE CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

And yes, I know ddosing is illegal. I was just trolling you about efficiency. :P

Seems that people are using it more and more though. I played a guy who was ddosing to win conquest games. I mean, really? <_<

pere_grin.png

No different if i were to use underlines/italics or bold, i was just far too lazy to use any of the coding (Read: Being efficient)

I kid, but i was too lazy

Aight, I understand. Underline and Italics don't make you sound like this though:

http://digitalelevation.wordpress.com/2010/10/30/caps-locks/

pere_grin.png

I wouldn't really call it crashing. I would call it KSing. And there is going to be far more of this after the Double Xp Weekend too, as more people will have trained up their herblore

Can it really get much worse? I mean, the second xp weekend pretty much ensured that GWD was jam-packed 24/7.

td2sig.jpg