If you could vote again, what would you vote?

Miner_Guy

88 members have voted

1. 1. If you could vote again, what would you vote?

• Don't really care
    • Voted no and would vote yes
    • Voted yes and would still vote yes
    • Voted yes and would vote no
    • Voted no and would still vote no

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if jagex wanted to get rid of bots they could just put captchas at random events, jagex CLEARLY doesnt care about bots, as they make money from them

Obviously you didn't play in RSC. They had this lovely system called "Fatigue," where every action raised your fatigue by a small amount. Once it got to 100%, you'd either become completely unable to perform those actions (with mining, fishing, etc) or stop gaining exp in those skills (combat). You had to use a bed or a sleeping bag to remove fatigue, and it featured you entering a phrase in a manner very similar to CAPTCHA. Didn't work AT ALL for controlling bots.

td2sig.jpg

captcha reading bots would hav to be alot more complicated

at least it would cut off some botters...

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I would simply vote for better competence.

I dont mind the updates so much as I mind the way they handled it. I am not an idiot and do not like being treated as such. It doesnt matter what update it is or what company.Though I knew bots would be worse and it is worse but I would still prefer it. But they SHOULD do something about it...but they wont do anything drastic..

So my vote really depends on if they are ganna spam the front page with WILD WILD WILD WILD. Or simply do a legit vote and then release things but alongside other updates. Not load a cannon with PR and shoot it at my face like riot police with rubber bullets during a peaceful protest.

I'd still vote 'yes'. Everything's as I expected it to be. I knew that scammers would come in droves, that RWT would "return," and bots would increase. I am still willing to take all of these negative aspects as a consequence for having complete freedom as a player.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

And like someone said earlier, with free trade, we have lurers and scammers, but we don't have manipulation clans. Without free trade, we have manipulation clans but don't have scammers and lurers.

Scammers and lurers only affect one person at a time. Manipulation clans affect everyone at once and make it harder to purchase items due to GE constraints.

Likewise, you'd have to be an idiot to fall for a scam/lure. If you get scammed/lured, I salute the scammers and the lurers and think you're just some moron who's also a quivering man[bleep] if you whine about it.

Take your pick. Hmm

SWAG

I'd still vote no. The "market" has crashed, I have no use to play in the baby pool (a.k.a. wildy). Free trade was a good idea, but The wildy is useless. The whole vote thing was not only a rouse, but I don't believe for a minute those numbers were accurate. If so many wanted to wilderness back why were the pvp worlds always completely empty?

Meh.

Because PvP worlds were terrible.

And like someone said earlier, with free trade, we have lurers and scammers, but we don't have manipulation clans. Without free trade, we have manipulation clans but don't have scammers and lurers.

Scammers and lurers only affect one person at a time. Manipulation clans affect everyone at once and make it harder to purchase items due to GE constraints.

Likewise, you'd have to be an idiot to fall for a scam/lure. If you get scammed/lured, I salute the scammers and the lurers and think you're just some moron who's also a quivering man[bleep] if you whine about it.

Take your pick. Hmm

Why is manipulation not possible anymore?

Ares_Artemis.png

I'd still vote no. The "market" has crashed, I have no use to play in the baby pool (a.k.a. wildy). Free trade was a good idea, but The wildy is useless. The whole vote thing was not only a rouse, but I don't believe for a minute those numbers were accurate. If so many wanted to wilderness back why were the pvp worlds always completely empty?

Meh.

What are you talking about, the market hasnt crashed, items just dipped because they wont be lost so often on death. Its inflating again now. Wildy is a baby pool? No, i'd rather say you are a noob that can't pk.. Old PvP worlds were empty because the system was broken and you couldnt get fair drops.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

captcha reading bots would hav to be alot more complicated

at least it would cut off some botters...

I'm fairly certain there is open source software available that can read Captchas with a fair deal of accuracy (at least 40%). I don't think it would take very long for bots to overcome Captcha. Sure, Jagex could make them more difficult to read, but at the end of the day a bot will always be able to read them albeit with a lower accuracy. Something like this would be difficult for a human to interpret and would not be feasible anyway.

The task Jagex has is not to prevent botting, but I think they would have a better chance detecting botting. The latter is far more friendly to the honest player as well.

Jagex could also try to make grinding more enjoyable so as to cut down on the level of botters. Of course, this will never eliminate botters, no matter how 'enjoyable' they make grind.

SWAG

Why is manipulation not possible anymore?

It's still possible, just not at the severe degree it was before. If you can't buy something at med, now you have the option to buy it over med, effectively going around any clan trying to hoard an item.

This.

I guess I made an error when I said that it was 'impossible,' but I can say that manipulation will never be as severe as it was when free trade was gone. It's much harder for people to hoard items with the GE limits being gone.

Likewise, the manipulation that existed pre-GE was mainly the sort that r2plesent is known for. He used his reputation to make the manipulation of half-wines possible.

It's much, much better to have a GE full of scammers than to have all these clans made up of greedy, untalented fa****s running around and unfairly hoarding items on the GE. At least you won't fall for scams if you're not a complete moron.

SWAG

Meh.

What are you talking about, the market hasnt crashed, items just dipped because they wont be lost so often on death. Its inflating again now. Wildy is a baby pool? No, i'd rather say you are a noob that can't pk.. Old PvP worlds were empty because the system was broken and you couldnt get fair drops.

Check my stats, I'm far from a noob. PVP is for kids really. Jag is just trying to lure in the pre-teen crowd with bringing back the wildy.

And yes the market has crashed big time. If you've tried to sell anything recently you'd know that. A few items have gone up but the vast majority of items have plummeted.