Beware! 'Jagex' scam email!

Drazhor

You guys do know... Everyone on here that has said, "I SAW IT TOO!" has their e-mail address is set to public on Tip.It? I've pointed this out many times before...

Hmmm, I wonder how they're getting your e-mail addresses?!

If you don't want these scam e-mails, remove your e-mail address from public view on Tip.It!

So, click here (Your user profile settings), scroll down to MSN, AIM or whatever you have it displayed as, and remove it.

I got these emails and I dont remember I have put my email on Tip.it by any means at all other than registering. (although my username gives it away)

Thanks to web2.0 maybe, similar to how facebook knows who's emails is that email's friend or relatives by their clever models and bots.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your e-mail not noob*****@spookspring.com?

Also, "said person" may be getting your e-mail addresses off of Zybez or other websites. However, everyone on this thread saying they've seen it has had their e-mail public. That's what I was getting at. ;).

09144a99bb.png

Yeah seriously. How many times does Jagex have to say that they will NEVER send an email asking you to log in somewhere for a ban/mute/message/etc. They ALWAYS, I wanna be with you and make believe with you and live in HARMONY HARMONY oh love! use the in RuneScape message box for those things. rolleyes.gif

Always when I see a link like that, sent to email, IRC or whatever, I always spam the login form with false information or just give them messages through it, note that they always contain some cursing in them.

It's fun to troll phishers.

I hope you have a good firewall/virus detection.

I woulnd't even click on the link

Sites like this one for instance only wants you to fill out a form, which is sent to the creator of the page. No viruses involved.

Sites that would give you viruses always asks you to download something or run x-activation that pops up.

Having a add-on on Firefox like No-Scrip prevents anything from that happening.

Yeah seriously. How many times does Jagex have to say that they will NEVER send an email asking you to log in somewhere for a ban/mute/message/etc. They ALWAYS use the in RuneScape message box for those things. rolleyes.gif

No, they actually email now. I got an email regarding the ban of my pure, though the email had no links, just told me to check the ingame inbox.

You guys do know... Everyone on here that has said, "I SAW IT TOO!" has their e-mail address is set to public on Tip.It? I've pointed this out many times before...

Hmmm, I wonder how they're getting your e-mail addresses?!

If you don't want these scam e-mails, remove your e-mail address from public view on Tip.It!

So, click here (Your user profile settings), scroll down to MSN, AIM or whatever you have it displayed as, and remove it.

Well - except for two things:

First of all, I got this email too; and

Secondly, my email address given to Tip-It ISN'T the email address where I received this email.

:P

P.S. -- I am waiting for the "Congrats! You're a PMod" email. THAT one should be next.

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Are you registered to any other RuneScape fan-site? Zybez, Sals, etc? It's not difficult to get someone's e-mail address even if it's "private" anyways. However, I can guarantee you that this mystery person sending these e-mails is getting the addresses off of Tip.It, Zybez, etc. After-all, where else would they get them? Jagex doesn't sell your information, and especially not to people and companies that they are taking to court and having charged.

You may think information on a fan-site is private, but I can assure you that with a few minutes work, it's not.

09144a99bb.png

Are you registered to any other RuneScape fan-site? Zybez, Sals, etc? It's not difficult to get someone's e-mail address even if it's "private" anyways. However, I can guarantee you that this mystery person sending these e-mails is getting the addresses off of Tip.It, Zybez, etc. After-all, where else would they get them? Jagex doesn't sell your information, and especially not to people and companies that they are taking to court and having charged.

You may think information on a fan-site is private, but I can assure you that with a few minutes work, it's not.

Oh, for sure, I know that information on a fan-site isn't private.

That said, I'd also say that it's not beyond the point of contention that Jagex may have sold off a packet of information to some third party spammer, either ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

[hide]

theres another which looks like this

link leands to scam site

54992677.png

[/hide]

Well lucky you, what are you waiting for!!!!!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Is your e-mail not noob*****@spookspring.com?

Also, "said person" may be getting your e-mail addresses off of Zybez or other websites. However, everyone on this thread saying they've seen it has had their e-mail public. That's what I was getting at. ;).

Not really, spookspring is a wonderful (and weird) person back in rs1 days, but he is just not me, my current email is gspbeetle@google's mailing service. Yet, thats not the mail I register with Jagex, as google mail doesnt really exist back those days. That old mail account is rarely used now since its address is alot longer than my current one.

However, doing a bit googling (thanks to google again!), my mail accounts can be found in some really old web archives, so in some sense you are right about that :blink: .

I didnt join zybez/curse or other popular English RS communities, since we got all the pros here, honestly what else do we need?

Oh and I hate runehq and their kind to guts for what they did to us.

I wonder why I didn't get any of those fake emails yet... :rolleyes:

Your account's not worth stealing.

Although judging by your stats, I don't see why.

Watch out guys, there's another one circulating now.

Dear Runescape player,

This is an automated message generated by Jagex LTD support team to notify you about that you have to verify that you are the real account owner.

In order to verify your account, simply log in and verify your membership.

https://[LikelyScam]/m=weblogin/loginform.ws?mod=www&ssl=0&dest=title.ws

Signed,

Jagex LTD support team

16185_s.gif

Just so you guys know, I have confirmed with Jagex that they never send e-mails about bans/mutes/offenses. They only send e-mails in relation to account recovery requests and the occasional RuneScape newsletter. If they ever decide to start sending e-mails in the future for bans/mutes/offenses, they will never include any links. So if you receive any e-mails in regards to bans/mutes/offenses, you can know right off the bat that it is a scam and should be deleted immediately. Jagex will always contact you via your message center.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Dear Runescape player,

This is an automated message generated by Jagex LTD support team to notify you about that you have to verify that you are the real account owner.

Signed,

Jagex LTD support team

Wow -- it's like they're not even trying anymore ... :lol:

nyuseg.png

I just got that one too. It looked really convincing. I was really suspicious though because I already know Jagex doesn't email players. :P The missing part of the link up there says [LikelyScam], which is exactly the address of where you log in. But if you hover over the link, the real address is runescape.hostingparadox.com or something.

Okay, so that gets censored out. But I promise you all, it was a convincing looking link. :P

Blakdragon39.png

"Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. "

They don't lay claim to Stellar Dawn yet. Its theirs, but nothing they send has that related to it yet.

Dear Runescape player,

Signed,

Jagex LTD support team

Wow -- it's like they're not even trying anymore ... :lol:

Since they care if your account matches that email... :lol:

These people are sad... haha

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I found this pretty hilarious because I got this email in one of my email addresses NOT registered to Jagex, or now that I think about it, anywhere related to RS. Have no idea how they managed to get that hardly used email.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Personally, as phishing scams go, I thought theirs was actually very well done. I've seen paypal phishes all the time and most of them have really fake links (theirs had an official looking one with rs spelled slightly wrong) or spelling mistakes. It might have gotten my attention, if I didn't have JAGEX NEVER CONTACT YOU OUTSIDE THE IN-GAME MESSAGING CENTER engraved so deeply into my brain or they actually sent to the email I actually registered with Jagex.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg