Beware! 'Jagex' scam email!

Drazhor

That's scary. The only difference I could see was the legit one came from "Jagex Ltd." and the fake was from "RuneScape". I didn't link my account to FB, but I'm still going to be *very* wary of anything I get in the future. Thanks for the heads up mugglle. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New scam email i guess, just got this

i don't know what you guys think but i couldn't tell the difference from the real thing until i followed the link

it redirected me to something and i noticed it was spelled runescaepe in the URL bar so i saw it was a fake

should i be afraid of anything because i clicked the link but i didn't fill anything in?

not sure if i should black out the link and re-upload the picture

screenshot013o.png

ourno.png

Just to inform you guys and girls, that if you remove your email address from your profile on tif and other runescape related sites, you will most likely stop receiving emails.

Worked for me, haven't gotten any since I removed it.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

New scam email i guess, just got this i don't know what you guys think but i couldn't tell the difference from the real thing until i followed the link it redirected me to something and i noticed it was spelled runescaepe in the URL bar so i saw it was a fake should i be afraid of anything because i clicked the link but i didn't fill anything in?

As long as you didn't enter any information you should be okay, but you might want to change your password just to be safe.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If your virus scanners didn't go haywire you should most likely be safe. Most of them are just phishing sites designed to take your password by you entering it onto their website.

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everybody, Jagex have finally released some info about the emails that you may receive (Despite all the amazing advice from everybody on tif!)

Jagex email advice

I will post this in the first post aswell for more help if you're never sure of the email.

EAVnEYl.png

• 2 months later...

I got a phishing email this morning. The text of the message:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Of course, there are no messages in my Runescape inbox. icon_razz.gif

From the email headers, the originating IP is in Hong Kong (202.91.233.253)

The phishing link itself is in the tk TLD.

Let's be careful out there.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

As long as people remember that Jagex doesn't actually email about this sort of thing, you're fine. Oh, and don't click the links in the email either, but I'm hoping you've realized the email was a scam before you got to the link.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I got a phishing email this morning. The text of the message:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Of course, there are no messages in my Runescape inbox. icon_razz.gif

From the email headers, the originating IP is in Hong Kong (202.91.233.253)

The phishing link itself is in the tk TLD.

Let's be careful out there.

I have merged your thread with our larger topic about scam e-mails :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 1 month later...

Hey just wanted to let the community know that i just got one of these emails and they do indeed look *VERY* real. These hackers mean business and make a great deal of money botting and gold mining off our hard worked characters. Stay vigilant and just say no to these scum bags!

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

Hey just wanted to let the community know that i just got one of these emails and they do indeed look *VERY* real. These hackers mean business and make a great deal of money botting and gold mining off our hard worked characters. Stay vigilant and just say no to these scum bags!

I have merged your thread with our larger thread on RuneScape scam e-mails :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Checked my work email today and I have like 20 scam emails in my spam folder. Aperrantly I just got 100k loyalty reward points in total :thumbsup:

I would like to know how they got that email though because i have 2. One that I use for games ect that I never look at unless it's for conformation emails ect. And the second one is purly for work that I don't use anywhere online.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

first double posst ever :oops:

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Those who were getting this email:

http://ebm.email.runescape.com/c/tag/hBOpwApB8L3HHB8eKRzNXBfQxMV/doc.html?t_params=

It's not a phish. As you can see Jagex has the email file on their website. It's legit for people who have botted. (I am not included)

For the moderators, it's safe, it doesn't redirect you anywhere, or request login information, or force you to download anything. Website is also 'runescape.com'

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

As a heads up: It seems that during our recent 'event' that caused the downtime, that our registered emails have been collected and used for mailing lists of the phishers.

Please be aware that any email you may receive allegedly from 'JaGex' that requests logging into RuneScape is almost always a phisher/trojan.

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd use this thread instead of making a new one. I've started getting these e-mails which I thought were rather funny.

I have chosen you to be the next "Zezima!" These are the programs I used to get my fame and fortune, test them for yourself! I cannot stress enough how important it is for this coder to get his publicity like I did. I just want to tell you my secrets, and you should tell your friends! Please View these videos! Also Download the amazing programs!! Test them out and comment how they worked for you! They are SAFE!

The email actually says its from Zezima. There was a link in there as well but obviously wont post that.

Sylpheed.png

• 3 weeks later...

They seemed to have calmed down with the emails for the most part, ever since I removed my email address from most websites.

If you're tired of them, you should think about doing that too :shades:

EAVnEYl.png

How do you remove your email address from the databases of the spammers though? I get a lot sent to the address i use for tipit (not runescape)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Interestingly, Ive been getting fake runescape mails to an email account ive never used for any fan site or runescape itself.

And, having just checked my main email address ive never used anywhere for anything other than personal family business... I have an aion phishing mail in my junk box... Never been near aion LOL.

Stusangel.png

Stusangel.png