Dire_Wolf

*insert envy here*

This annoys me, as I can never beat jad myself. >_<

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

*insert envy here*

Healers didn't appear when i killed Jad with deflect prayer.

Many players have problem with distracting healers, switching prayers is something they manage. But dealing with healers + switching is hard

So why not kill Jad by using Deflect protect prayers only? It's pretty easy to practise on switching perfectly.

I'm more of a "bruteforce dclaws+ rapier with 30% melee + range soaks and hope for the best praying mage" type person. Managed to get him down to 1/8, and and didnt managed to heal in time. Ergo- I died.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

*insert envy here*

Healers didn't appear when i killed Jad with deflect prayer.

Many players have problem with distracting healers, switching prayers is something they manage. But dealing with healers + switching is hard

So why not kill Jad by using Deflect protect prayers only? It's pretty easy to practise on switching perfectly.

icon_eek.gif Healers don't appear if you don't physically attack it? You may have solved a problem of mine. *runs off muttering excitedly*

~ W ~

sigzi.png

might be a noobish question, but i saw you died once whilst fighting and revived..

what was that? :o i want it too =)

Oggymasta.png

Current drops: 4 Shield Left Half, 3 Abyssal Whip, 2 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Dragon Plateskirt, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets, 1 Dragon Spear 1 Dark Bow

might be a noobish question, but i saw you died once whilst fighting and revived..

That's one of the perks of having Karamja Gloves 4, the ones you get from the elite tasks. Happens once a day, I imagine it increases chances of success against Jad quite a bit.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That's one of the perks of having Karamja Gloves 4, the ones you get from the elite tasks. Happens once a day, I imagine it increases chances of success against Jad quite a bit.

Yeah, i died once while jad was at 1/8th of his hp :(

Was so pissed off then i stopped trying for a while :)

i might try to get them if its not too much of an "elite" task for me, thanks for the answer <3

Edit.. I just saw you need to have killed Jad to get the gloves.. :< no luck there.. any other tips? lol

Oggymasta.png

Current drops: 4 Shield Left Half, 3 Abyssal Whip, 2 Dragon Platelegs, 1 Dragon Plateskirt, 4 Dragon Medium Helmets, 1 Dragon Spear 1 Dark Bow

1) Perfect prayer switching (not hard at all)

2) Lower Jad to half hp with Deflect prayers only

3) Dragon claw spec him at this point if you don¨t wanna wait til he dies by deflect prayers

Being on task will help alot

1) Perfect prayer switching (not hard at all)

2) Lower Jad to half hp with Deflect prayers only

3) Dragon claw spec him at this point if you don¨t wanna wait til he dies by deflect prayers

Being on task will help alot

Alright then, then its time for me to get to kuradel and take her tasks..

need to find a quick way to get there though, been doing shilo tasks with the farm habitat tele.

Oggymasta.png

Living proof that using Deflect prayer to kill Jad>easy Fire cape. If you wanna be daring>You can spec him with aGS/Claw at half hp, just make sure your on task too so that ull have higher chance of success.

Grats on cape :thumbsup:

I like the idea, I can't wait to see what other ways of killing him you and others come up with. I have 2 fire capes myself and might try to go for a 3rd with Elite Void.

Will_holmes, no Void Gloves? :lol:

Check my channel "BandosTeam". Loads Jad videos.

Will_holmes, no Void Gloves? :lol:

That's where the Void Deflector, the shield, comes in handy. It acts as a piece of void knight armour, so I don't have to wear the void gloves to get the bonuses. RFD Gloves have strictly better bonuses than the Dragon Defender, plus you get the defensive bonuses of the shield (Adamant Kiteshield with better magic defence and no negatives).

Similarly for ranged, you can ditch the Void Knight Body for a black dragonhide or any ranging body if you use a deflector and crossbow, as that's the slot that gives the best ranged bonuses, since there's no real 'ranging shield' that I'm aware of beyond an unholy book. It works with standard void armour too if you don't want to do the quest. Pictures are better than words, I'll get a screenie of what I used against Jad.

rangedarmoure.png

Replace the crossbow with chinchompas for a really great range training setup. In short, the Deflector is really useful, and I don't even think I've managed to use it to its full potential yet. Get one if you have Void, or if you want to get Void. icon_e_smile.gif

Living proof that using Deflect prayer to kill Jad>easy Fire cape. If you wanna be daring>You can spec him with aGS/Claw at half hp, just make sure your on task too so that ull have higher chance of success.

Grats on cape :thumbsup:

I'll reiterate how thankful I am for your advice. icon_e_biggrin.gif I'd never be able to concentrate on killing those healers as well as dealing with Jad. I don't know if trying to finish off Jad quickly at the end is a good idea. Once you get into the rhythm of protection prayer switching, doing anything other than potting up between attacks might end badly, although that's my naive opinion.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Gotta kill Jad for that to work. So it's not as great as you'd think.

Personally, killing with deflects might become kinda common if it doesn't summon healers. I'd certainly have tried, because at one point I was quite good at getting Jad to healers then dying after.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU!

screenshot20110306at515.png

I only messed up twice and he hit me for 150 and 350. I completely forgot super restores and I accidentally brought extreme defence pots instead of saradomin brews. Didn't lay a single bolt on him (the diamond bolts were just in case healers showed up) and it took ten minutes to kill, but it was worth it!

To anyone who has trouble getting past the healers, this method is for you! :shades:

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Heh. I was looking for this topic not that long ago but couldn't find it.

New way to kill Jad: using only Venge. Bahahaha.

If your up to the challenge. Won't blame you if your not. You'd definitely want Torva, EEE, and Karamja Elite done lol. (No idea if you have or haven't.)

And yeah, as I said earlier, there was a point in my Jad attempts where I would have tried that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Would you recommend doing this over any other method of killing jad?

I'm a 132, and I still have never killed jad - but this doesnt seem that hard to do.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

I'm a 132, and I still have never killed jad - but this doesnt seem that hard to do.

It truly is that easy; just go to an altar and practice prayer switching with his video. This was my fourth try and, by far, it was the easiest.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Laura <3: It's been a while since i have seen a post from you! Glad to see you around, and grats on Fire cape!

Deflect killing Jad is the safest way. So if your after Fire cape, i would do this method.

You can use veng to speed it up also.

• 1 month later...

Fun fun. Looks doable, just can't afford to mess up much.

I still think you should try the ultimate challenge: venge damage only. Bwahahahaha. (Get full torva first.)

Of course, it'd take an hour because you'd need to heal with EEE a lot >.<

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png