idiotic runescape reviews

L2Pullout

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give this person some credit:

Props.png

All I got from reading this article is the urge to build a time machine, go back in time, and slap myself for even considering reading the ramblings of a butthurt idiot trying to describe a game that he most obviously doesn't comprehend in the slightest. Ugh. I want my five minutes back. :wall:

I stopped caring about reviews years ago. I like it, and i don't give a crap what others think.

Good point, and I agree, but I do often turn to a review or two before going out and spending my hard earned cash on a game.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

This is a troll review done by someone who has little experience of the game and makes faulty assumptions everywhere.

Let's start with the Guildmaster - He has clearly not played enough to enter the Champion's Guild (with a 33 quest point requirement), but he assumes it's due to his lack of membership. In his other screenshot, it appears he's talking to Npc's and assumes they are bots, which is also false. Although the botting problem is back, instead, he takes something completely different to try to 'prove his point'.

He also misses the point of RuneScape - The point of playing is that there is no linear path to go from, unlike most Fps games or video games like Grand Theft Auto. You can set your own goals and play it how you want.

He quotes "[...] the chat box is rarely used, which, to me, seems like no fun," which is yet again, false, because if you simply go into a friendly clanchat, you will have plenty of people to talk to whilst training.

Whilst the position he holds may be a strong one, his reasoning seems to be fragile at best. I've stopped caring about RuneScape reviews for a long time, however...

This man has an interesting way of reviewing the game:

Firstly, he uses poor hardware. This results in him playing with the lowest available graphics and having his game frequently crash.

Secondly, he doesn't give p2p a go. Odd, because that's really the full game.

Third, he purposefully reviews something he knows he won't like. Although that's fair enough, seeing as he's jsut trying to make money with his "abandoned ware" column.

Fourth, he fails to ask the advice of someone who actually plays to see if there's something they think would be worth taking a look at.

Finally, he doesn't bother to properly read his post, making a mistake in one of his first sentences. I've never read an article on gamespy, but judging by this the site's review section isn't of very good quality. (wait, no, I have. But that was one on Rome: Total War that was shipped in from IGN).

I'm not an efficienado.

Guest jrhairychest

I guess some have an absolute need for linear gameplay as they can't deal with the concept of free gameplay. "Tell me what to do pl0x!!!!!!" :roll:

Finally, he doesn't bother to properly read his post, making a mistake in one of his first sentences.

Even better when you realise he added a [sic] to 'recognised' even when that is proper English (just not American English). I can only conclude he's either a troll or not worth being paid for.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I can understand people not having the energy to keep buying the latest RPG or what-have-you, learning an entirely new system of leveling, grinding, spells, alchemy, or whatever year after year. I think RuneScape is for stubborn people who picked their horse in the race long ago, and are backing said horse until the bitter end. The abundance of level 126 characters I saw lurking around supports this theory.

I think there's a sparkle of truth in that :P At least, that's how I sometimes feel.

Name one mildly successful MMO to come on in the last 5 years that wasn't a WoW clone, and I will take that quote seriously.

satan_panda.png

What do you expect? Someone is going to play the game for 2 years and then write a review about how horrible it is?

And so one guy wrote a bad review about the game. Who cares, you like it, right?

w4M8t.png

I've seen it once. I was trying to play two games at once, watching a movie, my internet was failing and I was transferring files.

Yes - I can see why that'd do it.

I was wondering if the reviewer might possibly have been playing the free "tutorial mode", with the speech feature, and this was why he was getting this message? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

GameSpy still exists?

:thumbup:

He didn't play it nearly as long as he should of before writing a review about, I'm not angry about it, it's just his view, He can carry on his life slating things before he's even tried them, fine by me :)

simple_storm.png

mushroomheadsig.png

Its very rare I see that message and its usually when there is a connection issue or my pc is being completely overloaded by a video rendering with lots other programs running.

Guy not only a bad reviewer but has a pc lower than half the pc spec of runescape probably.. LIke 1990's or something or before home computers were common.

Gotta feel sorry that he cant earn enough money from his supposed journalism for a better pc. Probably lives at home with his parents and uses theirs? Who knows. Thats my review.

He writes like a mainstream media journalist. Perhaps thats why his review was so chest-up and inaccurate/lies. Probably zezima being mad as someone suggested.

Guy not only a bad reviewer but has a pc lower than half the pc spec of runescape probably.. LIke 1990's or something or before home computers were common.

that would explain why he's writing for GameSpy then. dude never left the 90s.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg