idiotic runescape reviews

L2Pullout

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abandoned-ware-3-runescape-20110223094515021.png

Funny - in all the years I've played Runescape I have never, ever, seen this message before. :unsure:

Soul obelisk on a SW world.

I've seen it once, and I've been playing this game for years..... what kind of computer was this guy on? Must be pretty bad, seeing as he was playing in low detail and you have to choose that option if your computer can handle better. A Game Reviewer with a terrible computer? That makes sense.

S2buxtG.png

Haven't read the review yet, but I can already tell it would suck, given the fact it's on GameSpy - a site with 70% ads, 20% content and 10% talent.

Link to talent? can't find

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

abandoned-ware-3-runescape-20110223094515021.png

Funny - in all the years I've played Runescape I have never, ever, seen this message before. :unsure:

Have never seen that error message myself either, played since 2001.

It also seemed shocked, even offended, that you have to subscribe to enjoy most of the skills, what exactly does it think a subscription is for?

One of the worst, uninformative reviews I've ever read.

Orc.png

In general, his comments about repetitive combat, grinding, F2P not being the full game etc. are true. However, he manages to utterly fail at explaining this in a non-idiotic way (See, Champions Guildmaster).

Obviously, though, he didn't do Dungeoneering, with its substantially more varied combat (even normal boss fighting would work here), minigames, or questing. As far as I know, most quests in other games are more like One Small Favor, Cook's Assistant, or the Slayer skill than the better Runescape quests.

Also, some skills are slightly more interesting than just grinding.

Another good (Maybe?) thing about Runescape is its unending awful puns.

So he manages to find most of the bad stuff, express it poorly, and ignore the good stuff.

Well done, reviewer. =D>

If you jump into a river in Paris, you're insane. If you jump into a river in Egypt, you're in denial.

In general, his comments about repetitive combat, grinding, F2P not being the full game etc. are true. However, he manages to utterly fail at explaining this in a non-idiotic way (See, Champions Guildmaster).

Obviously, though, he didn't do Dungeoneering, with its substantially more varied combat (even normal boss fighting would work here), minigames, or questing. As far as I know, most quests in other games are more like One Small Favor, Cook's Assistant, or the Slayer skill than the better Runescape quests.

Also, some skills are slightly more interesting than just grinding.

Another good (Maybe?) thing about Runescape is its unending awful puns.

So he manages to find most of the bad stuff, express it poorly, and ignore the good stuff.

Well done, reviewer. =D>

So basically you're saying he's a cherry picker?

Haven't read the review yet, but I can already tell it would suck, given the fact it's on GameSpy - a site with 70% ads, 20% content and 10% talent.

Link to talent? can't find

They deleted the link years ago. The last 10% is now made up of idiocy.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I can understand people not having the energy to keep buying the latest RPG or what-have-you, learning an entirely new system of leveling, grinding, spells, alchemy, or whatever year after year. I think RuneScape is for stubborn people who picked their horse in the race long ago, and are backing said horse until the bitter end. The abundance of level 126 characters I saw lurking around supports this theory.

I think there's a sparkle of truth in that :P At least, that's how I sometimes feel.

Name one mildly successful MMO to come on in the last 5 years that wasn't a WoW clone, and I will take that quote seriously.

Entropia

Star Trek Online

SEED

To name a few..

Also, combat in RuneScape is a tad dull: You click on an enemy, they fight, and that's it.

And that's how I killed 768 Corporeal Beasts.

That's a quite extreme example. For the most part, particularly in the lower levels, the combat is just clicking once and waiting. Nothing wrong with that part of the review.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I think RuneScape is for stubborn people who picked their horse in the race long ago, and are backing said horse until the bitter end.

Lol I have to say I resemble that remark. There are better games out there but for those who can't be bothered playing a game that takes 1 day to download and install, well RS is the best.

Click on a tree, then flip over to e-mail, queue up another podcast, skim through my news feeds, and then move onto the next tree.

Come on, we all know this is what players really do.

I also agree that weirdly, players in RS f2p almost never talk.

I think RuneScape is for stubborn people who picked their horse in the race long ago, and are backing said horse until the bitter end.

Lol I have to say I resemble that remark. There are better games out there but for those who can't be bothered playing a game that takes 1 day to download and install, well RS is the best.

Click on a tree, then flip over to e-mail, queue up another podcast, skim through my news feeds, and then move onto the next tree.

Come on, we all know this is what players really do.

I also agree that weirdly, players in RS f2p almost never talk.

And thats why I have such a hard time training fishing/hunting or any gathering skill for that matter. Most of RS's skills were built to be done by machines rather than humans. Dungeoneering is a rare exception.

That is not to say that there isn't fun things to do in RS such as PKing (bridding and clan pkri), PvM, and various minigames. Since skilling is mind numbingly boring I tend to afk them while I study and take the gains from those to things I actually enjoy doing on RS.

120dgl.jpg

There's people who hate any game. You just have to learn to filter it and play the game for yourself and not others.

Yeah, but we don't like that this review will inevitably keep new players away from the game.

There's people who hate any game. You just have to learn to filter it and play the game for yourself and not others.

Yeah, but we don't like that this review will inevitably keep new players away from the game.

Since the game is free I'm sure people will try it out for themselves to see what it's like. It's not like the case where someone writes a bad review on a ~$30 Xbox game and less people buy it. Here, there's nothing to lose except a day or two of other activities.

j0xPu5R.png

One thing I feel that this review does show us. RS has a pretty steep learning curve. You don't really get into the "meat" of the game until well after you started. This is probably not too good for growth for rs.

120dgl.jpg

One thing I feel that this review does show us. RS has a pretty steep learning curve. You don't really get into the "meat" of the game until well after you started. This is probably not too good for growth for rs.

I've been saying for ages that Runescape doesn't have enough low-level content, but nobody seems to believe me.

Steep learning curve? It took me longer to learn how to play PapiJump. Lack of content in the early levels? Maybe, but it's probably the easiest MMO to pick up, especially with the knowledge base and the guides throughout the map.

Its very rare I see that message and its usually when there is a connection issue or my pc is being completely overloaded by a video rendering with lots other programs running.

Guy not only a bad reviewer but has a pc lower than half the pc spec of runescape probably.. LIke 1990's or something or before home computers were common.

Gotta feel sorry that he cant earn enough money from his supposed journalism for a better pc. Probably lives at home with his parents and uses theirs? Who knows. Thats my review.

He writes like a mainstream media journalist. Perhaps thats why his review was so chest-up and inaccurate/lies. Probably zezima being mad as someone suggested.

You know, my friend gets that message fairly frequently on his max. Usually in DG or something.

Although, I think it's fairly rare for him to be on RS without several other programs. I dunno. I think the only time I saw something like that was when there was a bugged alt code that sent in a character that RS couldn't handle and crashed everyone who's computer attempted to display it.

To above poster: people expect to be able to play a game and understand it without any reading from any other outside source whatsoever. People don't USE the knowledge base; a large amount of people would rather pester someone for help then attempt to do it themselves.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• 3 months later...

I think this is the funniest most pathetic excuse for a review I have ever seen after all of Black Ops reviews. Funniest part of the whole thing is him calling the NPC's bots TBH. The part where he said something along the lines of there being lots of things to do and for you to explore with no real visible end in sight and saying it like it's a bad thing, is when I knew I should stop reading so I wasn't tempted to throttle this guy. :wall:

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

Im willing to bet as soon as he finished writing that he hauled the 5 feet his lazy ass could only haul to the couch so he could begin a hardcore Call of Duty marathon being uberpro quicksniping in search and destroy, whilst [cabbage]-talking the entiretime.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png