Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Luring

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
^Or bring food and teles?

Posted Image

dogfever
[ Display Name History ]

dogfever

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Better still; low alch them so that when you die and drop the coins there is even less gp for the person luring.
Posted Image

Punitive_D
[ Display Name History ]

Punitive_D

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • RSN:Punitive D

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Maybe someone can tell me whether this was a lure. This level 130+ asked me to be in his "vid." He insisted that I wear h'ween mask and good armour "so that the vid would look good." He asked me to tele to trollheim, which I did (with an inventory full of food and a 1-click, just in case). His buddy was there and they were saying for me to "follow" them to the spot where we would shoot the vid. I teled instead, but I'm not sure what they could have done to me up there. Any ideas?
Posted Image

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze
there's some rock climbs near trollheim that would put you in multi wilderness

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts
We all knew DK luring would make a major resurgence after lootable graves. It sucks, but people in RS are greedy, malicious [wagon] because there's almost no accountability in an online game. So knowing that DK luring is a possibility, always be prepared to switch to Mage Pray or tele.

That said, DK luring is different than Wildy luring and should be treated differently. DK luring, while dishonorable, is perfectly within the mechanics of the area. It's meant to be a dangerous area, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Wildy luring plays on the greed and ignorance of other players and is tantamount to item scamming. Wildy luring WAS against the rules in the old Wild and it fell under the umbrella of item scamming. In fact, Jagex once decided to legalize luring, and a major ****storm occurred on the forums. Many player mods resigned because of their disgust with Jagex, and in the end, Jagex reversed their decision and made it illegal again. I have no idea why they are turning the other cheek now. I guess it falls in with the cavalier attitude towards rule breaking which they've developed recently.
Posted Image

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
tribrids are immune to dk luring, however, so it doesn't have any effect on me

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

tribrids are immune to dk luring, however, so it doesn't have any effect on me

This. It's lulzworthy when someone tries to lure a Divine tribrid who basically goes down there expecting to tank all three kings for most of the trip.

The Dark Lord
[ Display Name History ]

The Dark Lord

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,517 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • Clan:S.W.A.G.
Why not form anti-lure clans? When lurers try the bank lure on you in Clan Wars, have a clan of high-levels come in and kill the lurers?

It could be profitable.
SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blyaunte

Why not form anti-lure clans? When lurers try the bank lure on you in Clan Wars, have a clan of high-levels come in and kill the lurers?

It could be profitable.

I think there's something about two wrongs not making a right involved here ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Punitive_D
[ Display Name History ]

Punitive_D

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • RSN:Punitive D

It could be profitable.

In an earlier thread on a video of kiills in the clan war lure, I volunteered to be part of just such a group, but nobody has called me to help yet. I'm not exactly high level, but I could help overwhelm them with numbers.
Posted Image

Helm_Lardar
[ Display Name History ]

Helm_Lardar

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Helm Lardar
Heh, dodgy lures. All part of the fun I guess, but if we really think about it, the answer is to be careful and not risk your stuff for someone else. I've always been amused by anti-lurers, especially people that exploit a completely unforseen possibility like telegrabbers :D .

I'm not an efficienado.

My_Eggs
[ Display Name History ]

My_Eggs

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,514 posts

It could be profitable.

I think there's something about two wrongs not making a right involved here ... :unsure:

Killing lurers is wrong? Lurer detected.
99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory
Be a healthy human over the age of 10 with common sense.

Of course this IS asking a lot.

You won't get lured.

/thread

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

K4ylan
[ Display Name History ]

K4ylan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,924 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Harpy Priest
  • Clan:Harpies

Be a healthy human over the age of 10 with common sense.

Of course this IS asking a lot.

You won't get lured.

/thread

Yeah, how about we just live our entire lives never trusting a single person....these are values we should teach all young children

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
young children definitely should be taught to not trust people they don't know

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi
You piss me off. Hypocricy and [bleep]ing everyone else over... Thanks.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

ReapMe
[ Display Name History ]

ReapMe

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • RSN:M-Theory11
  • RSN2:Apathetic
At the very least, you learn a lesson from these lures.
What?

Posted Image

Robot919
[ Display Name History ]

Robot919

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • RSN:1-800-Magic
  • RSN2:Robot919

Just dont go for things that are too good to be true....

The only time that I was (almost) lured was when a lvl 138 was having a "Quitting game drop party"

It seemed very legitimate and a person who was conspiring with her (unkown to me and others) "Received" Bandos tassets and chest and acted like he got them from a trade window race.

Then she said that the person with the highest value inv would win d claws and that we could go to a bank.

(This is when I realized that this was a lure)

I went to the bank, got a DDP+, and dharoks platebody and legs, 3 acorns a bucket, cheese, 3gp, and a monks robe bottom.

Then another guy (with the scammer) "Won" the bank game

Then she told us to go to one of the german language servers and that we would have another teleport, then trade race.

It was an Ice plateau tele, I knew it was and i went with my 3 valuable items and random junk to piss off the lurers. There was 5 guys ranging from lvl 75-112 and then the lvl 138 of course. Me and a few other guys that followed my example with the 3 items and junk strategy fought bravely and I took a guy down, I poisoned him and got him down to almost no health with my dds and when I died I put retribution on so he went with me, I hope they enjoyed the 3gp and acorns.

LMAO, this story is great.

I have not been lured before, becase I mainly try to stay away from the wildy. However, after reading stories like this, I kinda want to pretend to get lured.

I really dislike lurers, and getting back at them would bring good satisfaction.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Freakyhair
[ Display Name History ]

Freakyhair

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 524 posts
i like scamming and luring. ive lured and scammed, also been lured and scammed. its an extra part of the game. almost got scammed really stupidly for 300m the other day by the freerune scims show me your inv thing! lol i just found it funny. wouldnt have if i lost but who cares. its just a game. stop moaning start enjoying, its really fun luring people, u get to know the p[eople you lure with aswell.

succesful luring is a skill in itself, being creative etc. finding bugs w/e. i hate the wilderness ditch and i hate the fact you cant scam so easily with trades anymore. once i had a pure that i actually didnt drop trade to! i spent time getting 80 mage in the mage training arena and bought a book and some infin. i then got scammed and only got 100k for them. it was annoying, but it was funny. not the end of the world even though it was kinda all my work gone.

basically i think jagex should take a strance on luring, hopefully saying its fine. samee with scamming.

VIVA RUNESCAPE FREEDOM lol

seriously give it a try guys..

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
^ Endorsing rule breaking? No.

My opinion remains the same: If by 'luring', you mean glitching or deception, then it is completely wrong.

If by 'luring', you mean to use someone else's greed, then it should be completely fine.

Glitches is never supposed to be part of the game, but they are unfortunately there and to take advantage of that for someone else's gold is breaking the spirit of the game. To deceive someone for items, exploits the stupidity of many RS players, which is wrong as well.

However, greed is a different thing. Greed is an excessive desire to possess items/wealth. If someone already risks a large amount of money and attempts to kill you for a large risk, then it should not be your fault that they've lost items.

Thoughts are slightly scattered, I'll edit this post later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users