Luring

That_Brown_Kid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not form anti-lure clans? When lurers try the bank lure on you in Clan Wars, have a clan of high-levels come in and kill the lurers?

It could be profitable.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Why not form anti-lure clans? When lurers try the bank lure on you in Clan Wars, have a clan of high-levels come in and kill the lurers?

It could be profitable.

I think there's something about two wrongs not making a right involved here ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

It could be profitable.

In an earlier thread on a video of kiills in the clan war lure, I volunteered to be part of just such a group, but nobody has called me to help yet. I'm not exactly high level, but I could help overwhelm them with numbers.

punitivedsig.png

Heh, dodgy lures. All part of the fun I guess, but if we really think about it, the answer is to be careful and not risk your stuff for someone else. I've always been amused by anti-lurers, especially people that exploit a completely unforseen possibility like telegrabbers :D .

I'm not an efficienado.

It could be profitable.

I think there's something about two wrongs not making a right involved here ... :unsure:

Killing lurers is wrong? Lurer detected.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Be a healthy human over the age of 10 with common sense.

Of course this IS asking a lot.

You won't get lured.

/thread

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Be a healthy human over the age of 10 with common sense.

Of course this IS asking a lot.

You won't get lured.

/thread

Yeah, how about we just live our entire lives never trusting a single person....these are values we should teach all young children

Just dont go for things that are too good to be true....

The only time that I was (almost) lured was when a lvl 138 was having a "Quitting game drop party"

It seemed very legitimate and a person who was conspiring with her (unkown to me and others) "Received" Bandos tassets and chest and acted like he got them from a trade window race.

Then she said that the person with the highest value inv would win d claws and that we could go to a bank.

(This is when I realized that this was a lure)

I went to the bank, got a DDP+, and dharoks platebody and legs, 3 acorns a bucket, cheese, 3gp, and a monks robe bottom.

Then another guy (with the scammer) "Won" the bank game

Then she told us to go to one of the german language servers and that we would have another teleport, then trade race.

It was an Ice plateau tele, I knew it was and i went with my 3 valuable items and random junk to piss off the lurers. There was 5 guys ranging from lvl 75-112 and then the lvl 138 of course. Me and a few other guys that followed my example with the 3 items and junk strategy fought bravely and I took a guy down, I poisoned him and got him down to almost no health with my dds and when I died I put retribution on so he went with me, I hope they enjoyed the 3gp and acorns.

LMAO, this story is great.

I have not been lured before, becase I mainly try to stay away from the wildy. However, after reading stories like this, I kinda want to pretend to get lured.

I really dislike lurers, and getting back at them would bring good satisfaction.

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

i like scamming and luring. ive lured and scammed, also been lured and scammed. its an extra part of the game. almost got scammed really stupidly for 300m the other day by the freerune scims show me your inv thing! lol i just found it funny. wouldnt have if i lost but who cares. its just a game. stop moaning start enjoying, its really fun luring people, u get to know the p[eople you lure with aswell.

succesful luring is a skill in itself, being creative etc. finding bugs w/e. i hate the wilderness ditch and i hate the fact you cant scam so easily with trades anymore. once i had a pure that i actually didnt drop trade to! i spent time getting 80 mage in the mage training arena and bought a book and some infin. i then got scammed and only got 100k for them. it was annoying, but it was funny. not the end of the world even though it was kinda all my work gone.

basically i think jagex should take a strance on luring, hopefully saying its fine. samee with scamming.

VIVA RUNESCAPE FREEDOM lol

seriously give it a try guys..

^ Endorsing rule breaking? No.

My opinion remains the same: If by 'luring', you mean glitching or deception, then it is completely wrong.

If by 'luring', you mean to use someone else's greed, then it should be completely fine.

Glitches is never supposed to be part of the game, but they are unfortunately there and to take advantage of that for someone else's gold is breaking the spirit of the game. To deceive someone for items, exploits the stupidity of many RS players, which is wrong as well.

However, greed is a different thing. Greed is an excessive desire to possess items/wealth. If someone already risks a large amount of money and attempts to kill you for a large risk, then it should not be your fault that they've lost items.

Thoughts are slightly scattered, I'll edit this post later

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Maybe someone can tell me whether this was a lure. This level 130+ asked me to be in his "vid." He insisted that I wear h'ween mask and good armour "so that the vid would look good." He asked me to tele to trollheim, which I did (with an inventory full of food and a 1-click, just in case). His buddy was there and they were saying for me to "follow" them to the spot where we would shoot the vid. I teled instead, but I'm not sure what they could have done to me up there. Any ideas?

yeah they would take u to the bit with the trolls that range cain u out if u dont have prayer on, i remmebre when it first came out i trained melee there and soooo many people died because they panicked.

oh ffs guys stop moaning about luring its just a bit of fun, dont take runescape so seriously. its weerd.

also like to add ive onyl ever had one friend i would even consider at all an actual friend and he was a pro lurer. i always found lurers to be much mroe fun than most other players. did anyone ever go on mayhem makers forums? everyone there scammed/lured/hacked but it was jokes man. actuallly got hacked by one of the membs for 40m, which 4 years ago was quite a lot. i didnt cry and report him, i just was a bit annnoyed.

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Maybe someone can tell me whether this was a lure. This level 130+ asked me to be in his "vid." He insisted that I wear h'ween mask and good armour "so that the vid would look good." He asked me to tele to trollheim, which I did (with an inventory full of food and a 1-click, just in case). His buddy was there and they were saying for me to "follow" them to the spot where we would shoot the vid. I teled instead, but I'm not sure what they could have done to me up there. Any ideas?

yeah they would take u to the bit with the trolls that range cain u out if u dont have prayer on, i remmebre when it first came out i trained melee there and soooo many people died because they panicked.

oh ffs guys stop moaning about luring its just a bit of fun, dont take runescape so seriously. its weerd.

also like to add ive onyl ever had one friend i would even consider at all an actual friend and he was a pro lurer. i always found lurers to be much mroe fun than most other players. did anyone ever go on mayhem makers forums? everyone there scammed/lured/hacked but it was jokes man. actuallly got hacked by one of the membs for 40m, which 4 years ago was quite a lot. i didnt cry and report him, i just was a bit annnoyed.

If this was their ploy, it was rather lame -- anyone who's been to GWD (and who hasn't?) knows about the throwers. Even if I didn't, I can't imagine I'd die before I got my prayer on.

punitivedsig.png

I do the non-rule breaking kinda luring mostly, occasionally tried the sinister ones. Generally i find that because the methods are already so well known, the people don't fall for them. The ones that make them do something off their own back work FAR better IME.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I think JaGeX should make a warning (Yeah, I know they have a lot, but this one might help) telling primarily new players of certain scams. e.g. dropping four items scam, clan wars, etc.

No. The stupid tax is the most efficient teacher.

Yes there are victims, but those victims are *usually* never victimized again and neither are *most* of the people who hear them whine about it.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

There is a shortcut to the wildy to the east of trollheim, and if u cant tank the thrower trolls, then you suck

E: Nope i've never been lure

Dear level 70s who run for a 10k cash pile in the red portal at clan wars, don't.

2011-03-05_1718.png

No a rule breaking lure, i simply said on my other count that i was "dropping my entire bank worth" on the ground. Not a lie, my other account was a brand new level 3 at the time, the only cash i had was from the Stronghold of Safety XD. Needless to sayi lol'd. Missed his dragon long though, would have been a nice touch.

Just thought i would point out that not all lures are rule breaking ones, just because someone dies with stuff they don't want to die with doesn't automatically put the blame on the other person. He didn't know how much cash there was, i never specified. He willingly risked his items to find out and get the money, which never happened since i froze him too soon and one of the 1 itemers nabbed it, lol. But, yeah. If you don't want to lose your stuff to a lurer at least have a little bit of common sense.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

I find it disturbing that people can be so naive and trusting of total strangers on the internet, while also being completely unaware of their surroundings despite several obvious indications as to what they are. Clan war portal lure for instance SMACKS you in the face telling you you're risking your items! There's a warning before going in (if you didn't disable it), and then there's that big box on your screen that says if you die your items will be lost! The portal itself says "Dangerous", while sitting next to a portal that says "Safe". These are the same kids you'll see on your local news who got kidnapped because the masked man with his unmarked van said there was candy and puppies inside.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, "Distrust isn't healthy". Well neither is being bound and gagged and stuffed in a locker.

Meredith, Grimiz, and I anti lured an AGS lurer.

Meredith had to coach him by telling him that blessed spirit shields protect over AGS.

he proceeded to the GE to purchase 4 shields, but he sadly found out he could only afford 3.

I told him i ran out of prayer points and he traded me shields and i walked away.

Free blessed spirit shield for each of us :mrgreen:

Agent_G_F.png

Way back in the day I was selling something on the forums and some guy said to meet him at edgeville monastery. I had my entire bank of 3 or 4 mil on me (this was 06 or 07). The guy then said that he had to tele to edge and to meet him at bank. For those of you who weren't around, to get around the piece of land between oziak and the monastary you had to go into level 4 or 5 wilderness. so i'm going around and the guy pops up and starts using the weakest ice spell on me. I didn't even start freaking out like most 12 or 13 year olds would. I don't even think he tried to dds me. i just turned protect from mage on and ran out of the wild (i had full torags on). My memory is so fuzzy that i think this actually might have been on my old main.

Another story on my old main actually happened on my birthday.. I was poor and always rocked full torags. One day i decided i wanted a whip. So I traded full torags for whip which was actually a decent deal. i killed some chickens with it, ate breakfast, then came back and decided i wanted to merchant. Some guy was buying a warrior ring 3mil and some guy was trading a warrior ring for a whip.. Guess what I did. I barely ever recovered before getting banned.

edit: I don't think luring should be against the rules. For me it was a learning experience.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I think they need to get rid of the dangerous FFA portals and the option to drop all items on death in clan fights. Or at least the clan option thing, seriously. Someone tried that switch on me the other day, they failed.

Pretty much done with rs now