Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Luring

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Freakyhair
[ Display Name History ]

Freakyhair

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Maybe someone can tell me whether this was a lure. This level 130+ asked me to be in his "vid." He insisted that I wear h'ween mask and good armour "so that the vid would look good." He asked me to tele to trollheim, which I did (with an inventory full of food and a 1-click, just in case). His buddy was there and they were saying for me to "follow" them to the spot where we would shoot the vid. I teled instead, but I'm not sure what they could have done to me up there. Any ideas?

yeah they would take u to the bit with the trolls that range cain u out if u dont have prayer on, i remmebre when it first came out i trained melee there and soooo many people died because they panicked.

oh ffs guys stop moaning about luring its just a bit of fun, dont take runescape so seriously. its weerd.

also like to add ive onyl ever had one friend i would even consider at all an actual friend and he was a pro lurer. i always found lurers to be much mroe fun than most other players. did anyone ever go on mayhem makers forums? everyone there scammed/lured/hacked but it was jokes man. actuallly got hacked by one of the membs for 40m, which 4 years ago was quite a lot. i didnt cry and report him, i just was a bit annnoyed.

Punitive_D
[ Display Name History ]

Punitive_D

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • RSN:Punitive D

An easy anti-lure for the noted items that have a high high alch value, just bring a few high alchs with you and high alch one (or two without prayer) of the 4 items

Maybe someone can tell me whether this was a lure. This level 130+ asked me to be in his "vid." He insisted that I wear h'ween mask and good armour "so that the vid would look good." He asked me to tele to trollheim, which I did (with an inventory full of food and a 1-click, just in case). His buddy was there and they were saying for me to "follow" them to the spot where we would shoot the vid. I teled instead, but I'm not sure what they could have done to me up there. Any ideas?

yeah they would take u to the bit with the trolls that range cain u out if u dont have prayer on, i remmebre when it first came out i trained melee there and soooo many people died because they panicked.

oh ffs guys stop moaning about luring its just a bit of fun, dont take runescape so seriously. its weerd.

also like to add ive onyl ever had one friend i would even consider at all an actual friend and he was a pro lurer. i always found lurers to be much mroe fun than most other players. did anyone ever go on mayhem makers forums? everyone there scammed/lured/hacked but it was jokes man. actuallly got hacked by one of the membs for 40m, which 4 years ago was quite a lot. i didnt cry and report him, i just was a bit annnoyed.

If this was their ploy, it was rather lame -- anyone who's been to GWD (and who hasn't?) knows about the throwers. Even if I didn't, I can't imagine I'd die before I got my prayer on.
Posted Image

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi
I do the non-rule breaking kinda luring mostly, occasionally tried the sinister ones. Generally i find that because the methods are already so well known, the people don't fall for them. The ones that make them do something off their own back work FAR better IME.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

wioneo
[ Display Name History ]

wioneo

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,410 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wioneo

I think JaGeX should make a warning (Yeah, I know they have a lot, but this one might help) telling primarily new players of certain scams. e.g. dropping four items scam, clan wars, etc.

No. The stupid tax is the most efficient teacher.

Yes there are victims, but those victims are *usually* never victimized again and neither are *most* of the people who hear them whine about it.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 405~46 Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,8 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 Skirt,2 DDs,9 Lump,8 Claws,56 Dagger,13 Visage,74 Mace,4 Scimitar,2 Hasta,Baxe,51 Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer
GWD: 151~4 S Staff,72 Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,Z Boots,B shield

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 6~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots 

Etc: 57~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,6 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,4 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,Blood Shard,5 Hydrix,Gland

Capes

Tang
[ Display Name History ]

Tang

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts

There is a shortcut to the wildy to the east of trollheim, and if u cant tank the thrower trolls, then you suck

E: Nope i've never been lure

GuidesForScapers
[ Display Name History ]

GuidesForScapers

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • RSN:Sir Gudi
Dear level 70s who run for a 10k cash pile in the red portal at clan wars, don't.

Posted Image

No a rule breaking lure, i simply said on my other count that i was "dropping my entire bank worth" on the ground. Not a lie, my other account was a brand new level 3 at the time, the only cash i had was from the Stronghold of Safety XD. Needless to sayi lol'd. Missed his dragon long though, would have been a nice touch.

Just thought i would point out that not all lures are rule breaking ones, just because someone dies with stuff they don't want to die with doesn't automatically put the blame on the other person. He didn't know how much cash there was, i never specified. He willingly risked his items to find out and get the money, which never happened since i froze him too soon and one of the 1 itemers nabbed it, lol. But, yeah. If you don't want to lose your stuff to a lurer at least have a little bit of common sense.
Posted Image

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Normalize
[ Display Name History ]

Normalize

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • RSN:NormaIize
luring is so boss
Posted Image

Blankblankblank
[ Display Name History ]

Blankblankblank

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 37 posts
I find it disturbing that people can be so naive and trusting of total strangers on the internet, while also being completely unaware of their surroundings despite several obvious indications as to what they are. Clan war portal lure for instance SMACKS you in the face telling you you're risking your items! There's a warning before going in (if you didn't disable it), and then there's that big box on your screen that says if you die your items will be lost! The portal itself says "Dangerous", while sitting next to a portal that says "Safe". These are the same kids you'll see on your local news who got kidnapped because the masked man with his unmarked van said there was candy and puppies inside.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, "Distrust isn't healthy". Well neither is being bound and gagged and stuffed in a locker.

That_Brown_Kid
[ Display Name History ]

That_Brown_Kid

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • RSN:Agent G F
  • RSN2:e4sy m4c
Meredith, Grimiz, and I anti lured an AGS lurer.

Meredith had to coach him by telling him that blessed spirit shields protect over AGS.

he proceeded to the GE to purchase 4 shields, but he sadly found out he could only afford 3.

I told him i ran out of prayer points and he traded me shields and i walked away.

Free blessed spirit shield for each of us :mrgreen:
Posted Image

noble_aloof
[ Display Name History ]

noble_aloof

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,326 posts
  • RSN:Noble Aloof
  • Clan:Fenghahe's Elite Investing Guild
Way back in the day I was selling something on the forums and some guy said to meet him at edgeville monastery. I had my entire bank of 3 or 4 mil on me (this was 06 or 07). The guy then said that he had to tele to edge and to meet him at bank. For those of you who weren't around, to get around the piece of land between oziak and the monastary you had to go into level 4 or 5 wilderness. so i'm going around and the guy pops up and starts using the weakest ice spell on me. I didn't even start freaking out like most 12 or 13 year olds would. I don't even think he tried to dds me. i just turned protect from mage on and ran out of the wild (i had full torags on). My memory is so fuzzy that i think this actually might have been on my old main.

Another story on my old main actually happened on my birthday.. I was poor and always rocked full torags. One day i decided i wanted a whip. So I traded full torags for whip which was actually a decent deal. i killed some chickens with it, ate breakfast, then came back and decided i wanted to merchant. Some guy was buying a warrior ring 3mil and some guy was trading a warrior ring for a whip.. Guess what I did. I barely ever recovered before getting banned.

edit: I don't think luring should be against the rules. For me it was a learning experience.
Staking: 4+ mil
Current Status: Training defense

Rsdude099
[ Display Name History ]

Rsdude099

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Scen Kid
I think they need to get rid of the dangerous FFA portals and the option to drop all items on death in clan fights. Or at least the clan option thing, seriously. Someone tried that switch on me the other day, they failed.
Pretty much done with rs now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users