A decade.

Poopingman

10 years for me at the end of the month. I definitely followed the games history more than actually playing it but I'm still here entertained and intrigued by its progress.

Me too. When i heard Free Trade and the (old) Wildy were coming back to RS I got tremendously excited even though I'd hardly played the game in several years. Part of it is that it's a kind of vicarious playing ... I've already got my lifetime's fill of grinding, but a still interested to see others doing it. Probably the reason the 200 m in all stats thread facinates me so much.

indeed it has been that long :) just took a look at the link your sig. <3 nostalgia :D found myself on the ranged higscore list, #408 http://web.archive.org/web/20020410064244/209.120.137.229/hs-2-2.html

If you don't mind me asking... how exactly did you search for the ranged hiscores? I tried searching runescape.com and going from there but it seems to be "blocked" from the wayback machine. I'm just interested to see how I also faired in the ranged hiscore list over the last year or so before rs2.

Also, does anybody know how to access the old tip.it archives if they're still around? I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and want to see if I can find some old stats/pking pictures from 2002-2003.

wow mna this is a sobering post. i cant properlly remember when i srtarted.. it was just before buuny ears, so i guess i nearly been playing 8 years?

haha runescapes been a part of my life for almost half my life!

are you guys also on off players?

indeed it has been that long :) just took a look at the link your sig. <3 nostalgia :D found myself on the ranged higscore list, #408 http://web.archive.org/web/20020410064244/209.120.137.229/hs-2-2.html

I'm 888th on those archived hiscores :P :thumbsup:

Damn I hated ranged back than. First levelled it past the 50's after rs2 came out and made it so friggin easy :mrgreen:

The old top ranger Kobiianardo, now banned, let me on his account to pk sometimes, 88 ranged where the 2nd best was like 79 at the time - I think it was Dravenstormn. Damn it was awesome, never quite understood how he got to 88 ranged back before fletching and you could only buy 100 arrows at a time in the arrow shop, and they were ALWAYS BOUGHT UP! Anybody over 70 ranged in 2001 was beast!

Sure, there were bots who collected the 1 arrow spawn on the 1st floor in one of the houses at Draynor, but still.... :ohnoes:

Another technique was creating massive multiple newb accounts with Ranger class just for the 10 free arrows - pure madness if you ask me :mrgreen:

Man you guys make me look like a rookie, I just passed 5 years total in january, and 3 years on my current account last december.

I'm coming up on my 5th year in August! :ohnoes:

This is my one and only account, too!

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

5th Year in JUne lol.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Wow im kind of surprised all of you remember what month you started playing when I barley remember the year. From what I remember I think I must have started playing in later 04 back when I was 9 or 10.

Really thinking about it, Runescapes been a big part of my life.

I honestly miss playing the way I used to. I used to spend an entire evening trying to pk when I was f2p hoping for any rune item. I was nowhere near efficient when I played, and simply played for a different kind of fun.

This.

Thisthisthisthisthis.

I hit 9 years last month and constantly wonder how I managed to train woodcutting on magic trees among other silly things. As someone said, here's to the simpler, less-efficient times.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Omg its poopingman! Don't know if you remember, I was Ameoba3000 from RSC now Vigoss in game. Been ages since I've seen you!

I think I've passed the decade mark I dunno, I probably started somewhere early 2001 and I can't believe its 2011 and I'm still playing this game, albeit I started again about 6-7 months ago.

God its been a while. Best part is my account states I have less than a year of actual play time and i bet 20-30 hours of it was from standing around doing nothing in banks back when RS2 was young, and I got real bored of it.

Sup man, I remember your name. Yep, makes us all feel/look like old men. I consider my wisdom a blessing though.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'll be coming up on seven years in June or July. I remember practically living on Karamja, fishing for lobsters and running to sell them to the general store back before the 2007 updates. Then the GE happened and I would do the same thing except I teleported, banked my fish, and went back to Karamja to do it all over again. Oh, and the graphics sucked even more back then. Ohhh, and I thought I was sooo clever and sneaky for being able to run from Edgeville to this one hill near the edge of the F2P wildy with spiders and a cut sapphire and get out with said sapphire without getting my ass kicked. Past me was such a noooob.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

my 7th anniversay comes this october. Looking back on it, RS has changed a lot.

But maybe, just maybe the game hasn't really changed all that much but it is I that changed... :-k

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

10 years in September. Came across the game on miniclip (yes, I'm THAT guy). I'd credit this game a lot for helping develop my sense of business, as I enjoyed merching and paying people to gather bones for me. Also learned some valuable lessons on trust after a few stabs in the back. Helped me with some survival skills that I took on my own in China. Lots of people want to take advantage of the foreigner over here.

10 years in September. Came across the game on miniclip (yes, I'm THAT guy). I'd credit this game a lot for helping develop my sense of business, as I enjoyed merching and paying people to gather bones for me. Also learned some valuable lessons on trust after a few stabs in the back. Helped me with some survival skills that I took on my own in China. Lots of people want to take advantage of the foreigner over here.

Lol it wasn't on miniclip until after rs2 came out.

Lol it wasn't on miniclip until after rs2 came out.

I thought it was posted several times on the website over the years. Oh well, 10 years ago is a long time to remember, but I do recall finding Runescape on another gaming website. Not like I decided randomly to search Runescape...

I can't say I'll ever reach a decade. Hope the past 10 years were fun for you though.

Got to agree here. I have 7 years coming up in September.

I started when a bunch of kids in my Grade 6 class started playing it. I never really got into it until I managed to get a computer that could run it at home.

Ah, the simpler times... when the hardest math you would learn is multiplying decimals.

j0xPu5R.png