Waterfiends...

bomberbf2

Are Waterfiends worth Blocking or not? I'm not too bothered about the charms tbh, but are they an easy task that is enjoyable and that I can get done quickly or is it rather a hard task that's gonna take quite a lot of time and effort..?

It would be using my last perm block spot.. (Others taken up by; Black Demons, Hellhounds, Dagannoth and scarabites)

Thanks in advance :)

RubberBomber.png

i would keep doing them - you need all the charms you can get at that level, and they should be quite easy with your stats - 80 melees, 70 prayer for piety, and 68 summoning for bunyip - you should have no trouble

ps: your perm list is full of all really good tasks (cept hellhounds, which are just okay)

All the tasks you have blocked are pretty good to do actually, but you should really use a cannon on them. With a cannon all of these gives good exp rates, and both black demons and waterfiends are great charmdroppers!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Black Demons are worth it now due to Infernal Ashes. Hellhounds are easy, but keep them blocked till 75 Slayer. Dagannoths are a fast task. Idk about Scarabs.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Kuradal's Dungeon has them and they are rarely crowded.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Actually they're better to do in the resource dungeon with cannon. OT, if you're planning to get summoning up do waterfiends and black demons or your summoning will trail below your slayer

Bbk.png

People are still there and since less people have 75 + slayer, it is more conveniant in her dungeon.

azeem1992.png

Not sure where you got that from, around 160k people have 55 dunge and 190k have 75 slayer. I appreciate a lot of people would take the more relaxed method and do them in kuradals dungeon but I was just giving the option that gave the best slayer xp p/h. And from my experience you're a lot more likely to run into someone in kuradals than in the resource dungeon.

Bbk.png

I find that cannoning them isn't worth the $ you lose.

OP: I'd do them.

azeem1992.png

Depends on how highly you value slayer exp :P

Do them, they're a different monster to fight and decent exp, great charms, and small profit.

Karils, fury, fsh, dragon boots, berserker ring, SW cape/Fire Cape, Saradomin Sword, barrows gloves. A zammy spear is a slightly worse alternative weapon.

Bring a bunyip, pray range and piety. You'll want 1-2 emergancy sharks, prayer potions, and swallow whole scrolls. I personally bring a placeholder for crimson charms/valuable stackable drops so I don't have to juggle inv that much and I don't mind banking midtask.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Black demons, hellhounds, and dags are all really fast slay xp with a cannon. Why are they blocked?

You could probably justify blocking waterfiends, they're not too hard to kill but are more of a pain to kill compared to other slayer monsters and are only worth it for charms (which you don't care about, so you're only going to be getting bad-mediocre drops/slower xp than you would be getting doing something else).

I'll give them a go then, Thanks.

As for my blocked tasks, What tasks should be ideally blocked?

Just saying, but you have 3 of the fastest slayer xp tasks blocked, assuming you cannon.

Black Demons.

Dagannoth.

Scarabites.

As a matter of fact, Dagannoth and Scarabites actually hold the two places as the fastest slayer xp tasks that Duradel has to offer. Note that Kuradal doesn't assign Scarabites, but Dagannoth and Black Demons are still some of the fastest on her list.

I've only recently started using Kuradel, didn't realise she didn't give out scarabite tasks.. That's another free space then :)

I'm not really much of a cannon user tbh, might invest in one now and use them on these tasks..

RubberBomber.png

I block jungle & desert strykewyrms, fire giants and warped torts, waiting for a 5th to come along. They are all fairly slow and have bad effigy and charm drops, but especially strykewyrms are profitable.

Waterfiends are a great task, at your stats it'll take a while to do them, but not more than, say, steel dragons. One advantage is that although they are weak to crush, you don't need a maul to fight them well, unlike steels where the rapier is just needed.

Since it's a slayer topic I'll leave this here:

[hide]

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +15 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +25 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

[/hide]

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Fire giants are actually superfast. Use a combat familiar in CT.

It would probably be faster to safespot cannon them or something, as only a steel titan can even venture a miserable try to get close to the dwarf cannon. And even then they suck. I suppose they're good if you got the demon horn necklace, bonecruncher and a I-want-to-use-prayer-but-not-pray-pots OCD.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I said fairly slow - that's not even an absolute slowness, how can you say they are not as slow as I claim :rolleyes:.

If I wanted to mention a slow task, I'd have mentioned meleeing Prime (with Balmung, of course). Prime is good because the seercull will get the hexhunter effect added soon :thumbup: (no I don't have a stack of 1k seerculls I need to get rid of :P).