Best thing to invest money in before leaving

c_o_w

Hey guys, I started playing again after I heard the old wild was back, and I have pked a ton, doubling my wealth. Now my membership is about to run out, and I winding down. I'm going to quit....again, although it always seems I come back to this game. For this reason, I want to keep my account in good standing and I'm looking for stuff to invest my money into that is stable, and will basically keep me where I'm at right now in terms of wealth. I currently have 11 mil cash, and two sets of d claws, a total of around 60 mil. Should I keep my money in a cashpile in my bank? I'm worried if I do that I'll be susceptible to inflation, and the cash will lose alot of it's value, where as items will stay around the same value. I used to just buy a BGS before I quit (around 18 mil) but now thats going down fast, same with d claws (lost around 10mil in 3 months). I was thinking maybe a rare, since those only go up... but at 60mil I don't think I can afford one.

So what do you think the best option on the way out is: leave it in coins, or buy items (if so which ones)?

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Somehow that wasn't a shock... [/hide]

unrelated, but u really dont do like any noncombat skills lol

i would leave it as cash, items seem to be falling in value more than gaining

unless u could buy a santa or something

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

Personally, I'd just keep your bank in cash form so that you can't lose money, especially if you can't afford a rare.

As far as items go, everything seems to be decreasing in value. I'd recommend investing into Manage Thy Kingdom.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Equipment is always risky to leave money in, because it'll always be outclassed eventually. If you kept d claws and another good spec weapon came out, or some way to merc TDs harder than we already can, you'd be in trouble (see: AGS now vs. a few years ago). Coal, pure essence, and rares tend to keep value over time, though they do go through their ups and downs as well.

With the current market situation, I would probably keep pure cash. With statuettes gone we're looking at inflation calming down, which means money will be worth more compared to items. There aren't really any smart investments I can think of that are accessible at 60m.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

LOL, your right, I don't like skills, I pretty much came back for pking, and I've had my fun, I have like 11 pures though haha. The thing I worried about if I have a cashpile is from like 2006-2008 ish the prices shot up, whip went from like 1.6 mil to like 4 mil, and I couldn't afford anything because I had cash that had been devalued. Now I see that in general prices are going down, I might just risk keeping it in coins. Think the rs economy will stay on this trend for at least 3 months?

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

With the current market situation, I would probably keep pure cash. With statuettes gone we're looking at inflation calming down, which means money will be worth more compared to items. There aren't really any smart investments I can think of that are accessible at 60m.

Actually i think the Statuettes are still around as drops from revs, but much more rare so they don't have a big impact on the economy.

OT:

I think you should just keep your cash since you don't have enough for a rare. You could gamble with it and invest in raw materials like logs/ores/bars. But like i said, it's a gamble. They might go up, they might go down.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Ok, I guess the best thing to do is just keep it in coins. I'll wait till d claws are at least back to 25mil... any idea how far they'll rise?

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Probs back to their price before everyone sold their claws to pay for BXPW goals. Set them in the GE around there, maybe a little lower, orders for members stuff can still fill while F2P last time I checked. Also put 2.7 mil into MTK and workers on maples/herbs. The cash will last 2 weeks to 80 % approval and bring a decent profit for those 2 weeks of doing nothing.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I would say, sell off all of your items, then put an offer in the GE for a santa / green h'ween. It's just as good as keeping it in pure cash, but in the event of a panic dump you may have a chance at a rare. Since rares are bound to go up in the long run, I'd say picking one up would be a good idea even if a crash would be the only way you'd get one.

Worst case - you have the same GP when you come back

Best case - you have a rare that will likely go up

I would say, sell off all of your items, then put an offer in the GE for a santa / green h'ween. It's just as good as keeping it in pure cash, but in the event of a panic dump you may have a chance at a rare. Since rares are bound to go up in the long run, I'd say picking one up would be a good idea even if a crash would be the only way you'd get one.

Genius

S2buxtG.png

Genius

Yeah this is a great idea.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I think I just might do this, thanks for the good idea :thumbsup:. I really don't want to put money into skills, I know they don't lose their value... but I really don't like skilling... I play for combat lol. Where can you play MTK, never used it before... there's a quest right?

armageddian.png

[hide=My Colour]

Just invest in skills they never decrease in value :thumbup:

What are you talking about? Of course they do...

Last time I checked the boost you get to combat from extremes/turmoil doesn't diminish relative to gp over time. Neither does your ability to do the entire beacon network at 92 firemaking.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Just invest in skills they never decrease in value :thumbup:

What are you talking about? Of course they do...

Last time I checked the boost you get to combat from extremes/turmoil doesn't diminish relative to gp over time. Neither does your ability to do the entire beacon network at 92 firemaking.

No, but Runecrafting and slayer have much lower income than they used to, thieving is worthless compared to before pyramid plunder was released and it was knights of Ardougne all the way to 99, mining is much less prestigious now that there are concentrated ores, smithing was a lot more valuable when r2h was the best weapon... I could go on and on.

Yes but that doesn't devalue the bonuses you get from using them. And for the people who invested in herblore before extremes were released they got a huge return on that investment. Same as the people who trained prayer before curses were released. People with woodcutting to 68 got to use ivy right away instead of grinding to it like I had to because I hated woodcutting. People with 77 mining didn't have to wait to do con coal at LRC like I have to because I still hate grinding that skill. I could go on and on.

witchynosaur.png

Yes but that doesn't devalue the bonuses you get from using them. And for the people who invested in herblore before extremes were released they got a huge return on that investment. Same as the people who trained prayer before curses were released. People with woodcutting to 68 got to use ivy right away instead of grinding to it like I had to because I hated woodcutting. People with 77 mining didn't have to wait to do con coal at LRC like I have to because I still hate grinding that skill. I could go on and on.

So you're saying that you can get a return on investing in a skill, but denying that it's possible for that same investment to be devalued?

LOL okay.

I believe Smithing has to get some sort of valued update in time. As it is today its pretty useless, and the announced update only lets you gain exp in other ways, not useful benefits, but they have to come at some point!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

So you're saying that you can get a return on investing in a skill, but denying that it's possible for that same investment to be devalued?

LOL okay.

Not in the way that items are devalued. You will only get more added to a skill. If I get 99 mining right now and quit and a year from now a new training method comes out at level 90 that halves the time to 99 I will have access to it without having to grind up to it. If you feel like new exp/hr methods are a devalue of a skill you trained that's fine, its just what I define as devalued.

I got 99 hunter when red chins were the fastest. Was I mad when barehanded butterflies/jadinkos came out? Nope, because I had the option to go do them and get those rewards right away. Investment into 99 hunter was totally worth it, had farming jujus at day 1.

witchynosaur.png

91 RC used to be the best moneymaker in the game. Now it's garbage. If that's not a skill becoming devalued, then I'm not sure what devalued could possibly mean in your world.

91 RC used to be the best moneymaker in the game. Now it's garbage. If that's not a skill becoming devalued, then I'm not sure what devalued could possibly mean in your world.

I agree that runecrafting has become less of a profit, being that im 98 rcing i have little motivation to craft other than exp.

However going back to my original statement about skills never decreasing in value, i was going for more a long the lines of, items are worth gp and over time all items (except some rares) decrease in value as time goes on, however when you level up skills they will never decrease. You will still have 99 or whatever level in that skill and will be able to do whatever you can with the skill no matter how much time passes.

Sure the usefulness may go up and down but still doesnt change the fact that hopefully :pray: one day all skills will be useful

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png