Um - is RWT not reportable any more?

Blyaunte

So I was mining this star last night and while I was there a person came along and started telling me her life history. :unsure:

Inter-mixed with her life story was a recent event in which she was scammed for 30M coins. She said that she bought an Xbox Live Card for someone she met at Runescape, and that he'd pay her 50M coins of Runescape money.

Apparently, she bought the card and then contacted him in game. He gave her 20M coins up front, with the promise that he'd pay her the balance when she gave him the redemption code.

She gave him the redemption code and then logged and, most likely, put her on his ignore list.

Anyways, by her book, she was "scammed" for 30M coins.

In my book, she was Real World Trading.

So I decided, being the Wod Mannabe I am :rolleyes:, that this kind of activity should be reported if anything. So I pulled up ye olde Report Abuse screen and ...

I didn't see "Real World Trading" as an option to report. :unsure:

Now it was very late I was kind of half-awake and I might be wrong but, wasn't "real world trading" a reportable option once upon a time?

Is it still there and I've missed it?

:blink:

nyuseg.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a rule under their official rules, but I imagine that because it's usually hard to find proof of such activity solely from in-game, it's not listed under the report abuse feature as a result.

At the moment, the closest RWT related rule on this list is buying/selling accounts.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's still a rule under their official rules, but I imagine that because it's usually hard to find proof of such activity solely from in-game, it's not listed under the report abuse feature as a result.

At the moment, the closest RWT related rule on this list is buying/selling accounts.

Yeah - I selected "encouraging others to break the rules" or whatever the wording is ... :unsure:

For some strange reason, I would swear that there used to be a "Real World Trading" button in the report screen, though I may be and probably am wrong.

nyuseg.png

There was. Honestly, if I can't find an option that fits with the thing I'm reporting I just select the option closest to it. All it does is send a chat/game log to Jagex within the last minute. I'm not even sure if they actually look at the logs from a report sometimes. I think they just run the log through an algorithm and see if they can find anything that resembles a violation of a rule. Considering they probably get 10mil+ reports a day I wouldn't be surprised since having a QA team of that size to deal with all the reports simply would cost way too much.

120dgl.jpg

Yeah - I selected "encouraging others to break the rules" or whatever the wording is ... :unsure:

For some strange reason, I would swear that there used to be a "Real World Trading" button in the report screen, though I may be and probably am wrong.

I think if it was there it is been deleted because of people "thinking" someone was RWTing. most likely people reporting everyone who seems to rich to be true...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Being a rat should be reportable, too.

In any case, anything anyone ever says on the internet can't be interpreted as the truth, thus it'd be pointless to have people report for real word trading when it requires interaction, not talk, and must be proven, not just bladdered out. Multilogging isn't on the report screen either, as far as i know, for the same reason.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yeah the RWT option was removed a while back because 9/10 theres no no way to prove from the chat log reports send that someone HAS rwted and jagex were getting faaaaaaarrr to many spam reports under the category. As suggested further up the thread having any expensive gear at slightly low lvls or a good cash pile would get noobs reporting you for rwt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Being a rat should be reportable, too.

In any case, anything anyone ever says on the internet can't be interpreted as the truth, thus it'd be pointless to have people report for real word trading when it requires interaction, not talk, and must be proven, not just bladdered out. Multilogging isn't on the report screen either, as far as i know, for the same reason.

My fellow Estonian said it all!

In any case, anything anyone ever says on the internet can't be interpreted as the truth ...

... and yet people get muted for such infractions all the time -- or used to.

Case in point. My brother-in-law plays as well. One evening, he went down into the Dust Devil's and forgot his facemask. He died and lost some reasonably valuable gear. He was so embarrassed at himself for doing such a noobie thing that, when he was trying to explain to another player where his valuable gear went, he lied and told a story that his son had been on his account and lost the gear.

That player reported him for account sharing.

He was muted and received a "black mark".

nyuseg.png

In any case, anything anyone ever says on the internet can't be interpreted as the truth ...

Case in point. My brother-in-law plays as well. One evening, he went down into the Dust Devil's and forgot his facemask. He died and lost some reasonably valuable gear. He was so embarrassed at himself for doing such a noobie thing that, when he was trying to explain to another player where his valuable gear went, he lied and told a story that his son had been on his account and lost the gear.

He should have read the rules and know account sharing is against the rules. And being honest with himself, dying on a game happens...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

You'll be able to report RWT under Encouraging, as well as Account Sharing under the same heading...And Multi-Logging.

Lol what?

Encouraging other to break rules can cover people trying to make others RWT, but thats it. Not confessions of RWT or any acts of RWT.

Multi-Logging - just plain wtf? How does multi-logging in ANYWAY relate to RWT?

Account Sharing only works for specific cases. Eg confession of buying the account ergo having shared it or of having paid someone to train it for them again sharing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

He should have read the rules and know account sharing is against the rules. And being honest with himself, dying on a game happens...

Yes I know - he does too. We all laughed about it later ... :shades:

Still - the point was to demonstrate that, once upon a time, you were punished for such infractions. Now ...

borat_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg

Not so much ...

nyuseg.png

When you talk with them they report you....when you don't they still report you.

God i love the RS community :D

That's exactly my point. Any decent person would stop the conversion there, tell them that their views on the subject are different(that you respect rs rules) and move on, but oh no, you go behind others backs to report people to make yourself feel warm and fuzzy inside. It's pathetic.

Actually, i somewhat blame the player moderator system for this, as it encourages people to look for trouble where there isn't, and more often than not, innocent people get hurt because of that. And for what? I haven't seen the silver crown assosiation be any less stupid/nooby/greedy or selfish as the rest of us. Hell, even the report system on these forums is bogus in that those who don't report others are at a disadvantage, and when the insults carry to other threads, there is a likely ban waiting for you(or a warning, if you are lucky).

I have to admit to being a bit confused. There seem to be people here who think that rule-breaking is normal and should go unhindered, while the real problem is those "rats" who follow the game's rules and report those breaking them.

I'm just trying to figure out what values are being used to reach this reasoning. Do these players support the existence of i.e. RWT in Runescape? Do they think that breaking the rules is acceptable if not caught by Jagex directly? Do they think that all rule-breaking is admirable?

Seriously, I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'd really like to hear what the thought process is here.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Yeah the RWT option was removed a while back because 9/10 theres no no way to prove from the chat log reports send that someone HAS rwted and jagex were getting faaaaaaarrr to many spam reports under the category. As suggested further up the thread having any expensive gear at slightly low lvls or a good cash pile would get noobs reporting you for rwt.

I completely agrees with the above. I have had a lot of players report me because of that I'm too rich for my level (Having 99 rc and not being maxed combat is not good in all situations...).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I completely agrees with the above. I have had a lot of players report me because of that I'm too rich for my level (Having 99 rc and not being maxed combat is not good in all situations...).

I got heaps of reports on me just after I got 99 fish since back then it was lobs or sharks so I did sharks and made a fortune (enough to buy all 6 barrows sets back when they were the best gear period and all 6 sets total about 50mil) just because I was only in the 70s of cmb and OBVIOUSLY therefore culdnt of got the armour or the money to buy it myself.

Oh and i still get the odd report for macroing when I wear fishing or woodcutting skill capes cause you know ANYONE who got 99 in them skills clearly msut of botted it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I have to admit to being a bit confused. There seem to be people here who think that rule-breaking is normal and should go unhindered, while the real problem is those "rats" who follow the game's rules and report those breaking them.

Did the guy break any rules? Not that i know of. So if he didn't, and he didn't insult the OP in any way, what did he exactly do wrong? The offense he is being accused of can't be dealt with within rs chat screen, so why even have the option there. If i said that i bought rs gp from you, should both of us be banned from these forums?

From my recent experiences, if you scam people you only get a 1 day mute and like a tiny green bar on the pillar, however mods can mute you for 2 days, but you get no blackmarks. I was just doubling money saying 500kmin, and people were actually giving me 500k, idk why they thought I was actually going to double their money... O, well though I understand being tricked(lured) but when someone falls for doubling money, that is like the most obvious scam ever, so sucks I get muted for it, but 2m/hour isn't to bad and that's just 4 trades. Most people are like I just gave you 500k to report you, haha they think ima get banned all I get though is a 1 or 2 day mute...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

There was. Honestly, if I can't find an option that fits with the thing I'm reporting I just select the option closest to it. All it does is send a chat/game log to Jagex within the last minute. I'm not even sure if they actually look at the logs from a report sometimes. I think they just run the log through an algorithm and see if they can find anything that resembles a violation of a rule. Considering they probably get 10mil+ reports a day I wouldn't be surprised since having a QA team of that size to deal with all the reports simply would cost way too much.

10 million? Really?? :S I've probably reported about 4 people in the 6-7 years I've been playing, I'm sure many are the same. I doubt there's more than 5,000 a day.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Did the guy break any rules? Not that i know of. So if he didn't, and he didn't insult the OP in any way, what did he exactly do wrong? The offense he is being accused of can't be dealt with within rs chat screen, so why even have the option there. If i said that i bought rs gp from you, should both of us be banned from these forums?

Firstly, there's a difference between admitting to a crime, and accusing someone else of a crime.

Secondly, I guess the real question I have is whether you think that this player admitting to RWTing was lying (for some reason?), or whether you think that it's okay to break the rules so long as you're not caught immediately. I.E. if breaking the rules in a certain way doesn't get you caught, then it's okay to talk about it, and no punishment should come down on you since they didn't catch you when they had the chance.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png