Possibilty of RS voice chat?

Jimmyw3000

Also, how do you pronounce Ardougne?

Are - Doe - N. Just like it looks, minus the silent g.

I thought it was pronounced AR - doug - knee ... :unsure:

Some of the big ones that happen through Skype and Ventrilo with my friends is Guthix and Guthan.

Are they pronounced Guh-thix and Guh-thans? Or are they Goo-thix and Goo-thans? Every person I've heard from North America says Goo-thix, everyone from the UK and that area says Guh-thix.

Yeah, I say Guh-thix and would imagine Jagex pronounce it that way too, but something like Ardougne is waaaay up there :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from america but I say Guh-thix and goo-thans, also I met someone that says Zezima as Zeh Zih mah, and I say Zeh Zee mah

I do the same. Guh-Thix and Goo-than. My GF's from Australia and says Zeh-Zee-Ma, I say Zez-I-Ma. :s.

Varrock : Vare-Rock

Karamja : Car-Um-Ja

Falador : Fal-A-Door

Verac : Ver-Rack

Ahrim : Air-Rim

Torag : Tore-Rag

Karil : Care-Ill

Actually watched a video where the guy called XP "Exp". Literally said, "It's good exp." Like he was half saying express or something.

With the Ardougn, I can't think of any work that has a g before an n where the g isn't silent. Gnat?

09144a99bb.png

Ardounge is pronounced Are-Doin, the last syllable rhymes with coin.

My source for this is the Lava Titan. When you talk to it in game, he rhymes words, and he rhymes coin with ardounge.

I also recall seeing a video of someone at the last runefest, and they asked someone else how they pronounced it, and they responded Are-doin without thought (it was someone from Cambridge)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

To those of you thinking this will be random voice chat rather then channel or friend to friend why would they be asking clan leaders then and not the general rs population. If it's gonna be a clan update then it should be implemented similar to or into existing clan chats.

chaosoffar.png

To those of you thinking this will be random voice chat rather then channel or friend to friend why would they be asking clan leaders then and not the general rs population. If it's gonna be a clan update then it should be implemented similar to or into existing clan chats.

Last time I checked I wasn't in a clan, much less a clan leader, yet I was able to vote.

ever notice the blank spot next to your friends list? :thumbup:

He's right!

:pray:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I'm from america but I say Guh-thix and goo-thans, also I met someone that says Zezima as Zeh Zih mah, and I say Zeh Zee mah

I do the same. Guh-Thix and Goo-than. My GF's from Australia and says Zeh-Zee-Ma, I say Zez-I-Ma. :s.

Actually watched a video where the guy called XP "Exp". Literally said, "It's good exp." Like he was half saying express or something.

With the Ardougn, I can't think of any work that has a g before an n where the g isn't silent. Gnat?

The most interesting I've taken out of this topic is this oddity - Why would one person pronounced Guthix as Guh-thix, yet also pronounce Guthan as Goo-Than?

(Incidentally I do this too.)

Also, I really wonder why they're thinking of adding this platform. And I want to see how they work it to deal with Rule 1.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This may help clans when they get ddos. I'm sure many clans would rather stick with TS or Vent.

TS3 Rule!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

Last time I checked I wasn't in a clan, much less a clan leader, yet I was able to vote.

Well I should've said the poll was first for clan leaders.

hopefully wilderness and free trade return isn't the only epic update of February :blink:

I think it was Mark Gerhard who was screenshotted in either the forums or his clanchat saying that 2011 was going to be the year of clan support. Hopefully we'll get more than just clan support, or else I'm going to have to join a clan.

Actually I think it was the community and clan jmods (as well as the contetn mods hu do most of their projects) hu said 2011 was gonna be a big year for clan support.

Meaning alot of the stuff they been dev lboggin bout n chatting bout for like a yr or two prob be coming.

hopefully this comes soon ( was send to all that has the access in clan leaders area)

jagexofferingvoice.png

chaosoffar.png

They could easily incorporate a teamspeak voip system using the teamspeak SDK. I just hope to God if this does come out there will be a "Click here to mute idiots who act like they have tourrettes" button. Also, be prepared for vocal gold seller ads if this comes out for other than clan chat.

Ever heard of the ignore list?

I'm not an efficienado.

There seems to be a lot of problems with this idea at the moment. For example how will a rs voice client be able to compete with something like this:

334unw1.png

This is only the Teamspeak of a team, not an organized clan. I didn't want to screeny my old clan's Ventrillo because it usually has 20-40 people on it at all times and its too annoying to screeny that to show the intricacies of their organization. Can Jagex really make the simple RS clan chat as intricate as a Teamspeak like this? Even better, can they even allow players to peronalize the cc setup to let it be this complicated without taking up too much server space? If Jagex really wants to support Voice chat, they really should just enter into a partnership with Teamspeak or Ventrillo. It would make their lives and the players lives a whole lot easier.

Do you sereiosly expect a pickup group in RSOF would have these things installed? If teamspeak or ventrillo make a browser based version of their wonderful software, jagex will no doubt enter somesort of partnership like they do with the runescape bar, but so far there isnt any.

Voice chat are not rocket science, there are plenty of those free libraries out there for you to make one of your own.

For those who say it will increase lag, first of all lag is most likely caused by packet congestion and its very unlikely that your internet connection has reached full capacity. Since friend/clan servers is different from your game servers, so it doesnt really increase congestion on your rs game server unless I am mistaken something. The only disadvantage for using RS VC is for those living in land of far far away like Australia or behind the great firewall of china might have delays on receiving and sending.

The most interesting I've taken out of this topic is this oddity - Why would one person pronounced Guthix as Guh-thix, yet also pronounce Guthan as Goo-Than?

(Incidentally I do this too.)

Also, I really wonder why they're thinking of adding this platform. And I want to see how they work it to deal with Rule 1.

Heh, all my mispronunciations are ingrained from when I first read the text (Ka-rajh-mah, Arr-ghen-drone, Guth-i-ans...) so if I were to pronounce them everyone would be WTF'ing =P

1yrb49.jpg

Guest jrhairychest

I thought it was pronounced AR - doug - knee ... :unsure:

That's the way I say it.........................

Ardounge is pronounced Are-Doin, the last syllable rhymes with coin.

And that's the way my missus says it <_<