• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just lost 3.5m + firecape and torso from the lava titan scam. :rolleyes:

GG idiot.

Seriously, why fuel the fire.... :wall:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I had no idea that the teleport would bring me to the wild. Seriously, how was I supposed to figure that out?... :rolleyes:

Anyways, I made the last opportunity to bank my red phat RIGHT before I fell for it so I'm just happy that I didn't lose it.

When in doubt, assume the worst I should say.

The 3.5m I lost was mostly welfare. I got like half of it back except for firecapes and stuff.

Apparently the lava titan scam's gaining popularity. Some guy tried luring me with it twice already. I troll'd them with tele to varrock in my inven while they get excited. I guess I'm one of the lucky few since I used a couple of mining brawlers with lava titan so I'm more used to its functions. Anyways...

convov.png

c10b8da1d98114f187758cd67b0612b9.png

120dgl.jpg

Apparently the lava titan scam's gaining popularity. Some guy tried luring me with it twice already. I troll'd them with tele to varrock in my inven while they get excited. I guess I'm one of the lucky few since I used a couple of mining brawlers with lava titan so I'm more used to its functions. Anyways...

convov.png

c10b8da1d98114f187758cd67b0612b9.png

I wonder why this guy is still a player moderator, doesnt jagex have somesort of code of honor?

I will file a complain to Jagex about this pmod nevertheless, hope he will get demod soon.

Wouldnt it will be better that another player that is nice and helpful to noob less intelligent players would be more suitable than a scammer and lurer for the job.

And if he want a divine that much that he have to scam and lure his way to get one, why he doesnt bother to do a market research of the shield's actual price and get a bargain?

I wouldnt say he is lazy, but I think he actually enjoy luring and taking advantage of players with less experience.

EDIT: Seems he is from Kill Orgy, handpicked by jagex? Yea, sure.

There are many P mods like that out there. Jagex don't do a very good job at picking out the good and the bad players to be p mods. I think out of every 5 p mods I see I only see one of them who actually takes the P mod seriously. Most others just walk around with the crown next to their name as if its a trophy to get attention/abuse others.

120dgl.jpg

To exploit Doubling Scam you could say if you double my 500K I'll let you double Claws or whatever, then just take the 1M they double becacuse those greedy people want those D Claws. lolz. :shades:

Nah, they are generally smarter than that, and if you say something like that they'll just keep your first offer.

Could've used this advice earlier. :lol: Just lost 100K because of that. Whatever, a good merch on a 138 for 100K for my Ring of Wealth satisfied me.

EDIT: Luring, although cheap, is NOT against the rules. Player Mods are there to make sure people aren't spamming/breaking minor rules, they aren't JMods and don't play the game at all like other players.

No1s_Perfect.png

Just lost 3.5m + firecape and torso from the lava titan scam. :rolleyes:

GG idiot.

Seriously, why fuel the fire.... :wall:

umadh.png

It's easy to exploit the doubling money scam. I once never offered anything above 30k and I always received it like they asked.

I made a couple 100k from letting them "lure" me to edge and switching pking gear. Killed 2 lurers so far. :thumbsup:

72862.jpg

Out of curiosity, how do I detect or "try" to get lured, because killing Lurers could make a great youtube video.

My second Q: How do people get lured. What seems so good they need to bring there 1 GP Alch Partyhat into the wild and then get destroyed. :ohnoes:

No1s_Perfect.png

Out of curiosity, how do I detect or "try" to get lured, because killing Lurers could make a great youtube video.

My second Q: How do people get lured. What seems so good they need to bring there 1 GP Alch Partyhat into the wild and then get destroyed. :ohnoes:

To state the obvious, I think the word "lure" speaks for itself. :-|

Lol @ Pro cons pic. Haven't seen that in awhile.

EDIT: Got meh cape back ^_^

capef.png

I fell for the really old rune hatchet, trade cancel, iron hatchet switch about 4 years ago. That incident alone, although I only lost 10k in value, was enough to teach me to very cautious of all scams.

I probably won't go out to exploit these scams for myself, but it's definitely interesting to know these exist and how they work.

The only "luring" I've seen, lately, are these set ups:

1. Ice Plateau Group Telly;

2. Lava Titan Lure; and

3. Dangerous Clan Wars Portal.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Someone had changed the RSwiki topic of Lava titan: It said that it teles you to thzaar city.

It's correct now.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I fell for the really old rune hatchet, trade cancel, iron hatchet switch about 4 years ago. That incident alone, although I only lost 10k in value, was enough to teach me to very cautious of all scams.

I probably won't go out to exploit these scams for myself, but it's definitely interesting to know these exist and how they work.

Those old scams <_<

Lost my first 20k for an iron longsword :wall:

Staurolite.png

Someone had changed the RSwiki topic of Lava titan: It said that it teles you to thzaar city.

It's correct now.

And that's why I trust Tip It guides better than RS Wiki ;)

Hi moar lava titans.

110310004934.png

I wonder if there's been a raise in the value of Lava Titan pouches in lieu of the commonality of this scam? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

I wonder if there's been a raise in the value of Lava Titan pouches in lieu of the commonality of this scam? :unsure:

lavatitanscam.jpg

Looks like nope. Odd, I would have thought that it would.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

lavatitanscam.jpg

Looks like nope. Odd, I would have thought that it would.

Single people can not affect the market lol. The fact that lava titans are so common means that the only way for them to rise out of character is if a manipulation clan from pre-free trade 2 buys them out. Even then its not hard to go to TzHaar for a few minutes and make some extra pouches.

120dgl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Clan wars dangerous lure: Not much you can do about this other than to just stay away from the red portal and clan chats that participate in dangerous clan wars. If it sounds too good to be true, it normally is.
Idk if this has been elaborated before but the most typical clan portal (the purple, not red) scam is you have one guy gathering a small clan, not too big. Then he makes a (friendly) war with his assistant, usually not too high level person with expensive items like rares/claws etc. The assistant then makes a complete fool out of himself and you kill him/her in seconds. Then the clan leader says that he should trick the clown and challenge him with items dropped. That's where your alarm bells should start ringing. If you check the assistants stats he usually has 94+ mage. Most people, like myself, would never step inside the portal when items dropped on death is on but I've seen some newer players walk out of that portal without their precious dmeds and longs.

Whoops, didn't notice this thread was couple weeks old.

Sephy.png

Sephy you could disturb them with just dds if you like to. Lolz. Anti lure thrills.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

I wouldn't hesitate to call that ninja video the greatest runescape video of all time. Easily in an arguable top 3 or 5 but come on its nothing short of masterful.

edit: just watched every video in the series, aside from a few repeated clips, it might be the greatest series i've ever witnessed.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

The only "luring" I've seen, lately, are these set ups:

1. Ice Plateau Group Telly;

2. Lava Titan Lure; and

3. Dangerous Clan Wars Portal.

4. Trollheim

5. Wilderness Ditch

6. BSing Clan Wars (better than clan wars because everyone knows it now)

7. At least 2 more that arn't patched

:rolleyes:

You shouldn't act all high and mighty, until it was patched lava titan was ruthless. Noone knew what the tele was for, you simply convinve a player with 83 summoning in the gE (so wearing a p hat if the hav one) to press teleport and bingo theyre in wild. Also I'm suprised none of you know Trollheim. It's not the rangers (wtf?), there was a random bit of l 20 multi in a part of trollheim. 2 players were pro at it (Half Life xx and FuIl life xx), they pretended to make a machima and went to trollheim after a few scenes. Go into wild, tell the person to dd on them when they say the word and attack. Its even easier if people ahve a p hat because there's no lead to make them pick up other items. One of their lures was blue + white p hat, rangers and full 3a melee! There is also another place that has random wildy from a glitch or something..

Before acting like they're idiots this could have easily happened to you, but one day it might. There are also many more good lures I'm not going to reveal right now because they're not patched yet :twisted:

Oh and let's not forget the lethal P hat lend.