Are you ready for new high level Slayer content?

Triquos

Two things:

One, I'd REALLY like a slayer master than assigns mostly or exclusively boss monsters. Man that would be fun.

Two, I'd like a boss that requires a team of high level slayers to take down and drops something worthwhile. Like Nex with a 95 slayer requirement.

Pretty much this. A high level slayer master with boss tasks would be a great reward/use for having a high slayer level. I'm mainly thinking towards the advantages bossing with a slayer helm.

As for #2, that'd be great too.

What it comes down to for me...give any skill useful level 90+ upgrades and I'm happy.

Neltak.png

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would a high level slayer quest do an option?

a quest that rewards someone with a new very high-level slayer master would be a nice. as long as its non-combat skill requirements are not to high (cough fire-cape cough)

something else to think of is a dragon with a slayer requirement. a monster for good constant profit for high level slayers, kinda like frost dragons i guess.

random idea for a slayer item, slayer poison.

its required to damage the monster, but like other poison's it can only be added to specific weapons (daggers, arrows, ect.)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I'd personally like to see some boss slayer monsters released, think the one time bosses in the smoke dungeon but not one time. :thumbsup:

Id also like to see more monsters that can only be killed either on task or when you have a slayer level a bit higher than the req.

I also think they could allow you to do extra damage to slay monsters below your level for example having 5-10 levels above the req would allow you to deal an extra 40 or so damage. :twisted:

Finally i think armour that worked like the slayer mask, so extra defence while on task or a possibility or some other bonus. :ohnoes:

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

Any new slayer monster should only be attackable if it's your task and should be in a single combat area (i.e. you must solo it). I don't agree that it should be like a boss unless it's similar to mithril dragons, otherwise tasks would take forever. I also think the idea of a master who assigns bosses is stupid, that's not what slayer is about imo. I also think it'd be cool if the rewards were untradeable or if the reward only benefitted you while slaying (though slayer is fast enough imo).

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Two things:

One, I'd REALLY like a slayer master than assigns mostly or exclusively boss monsters. Man that would be fun.

Two, I'd like a boss that requires a team of high level slayers to take down and drops something worthwhile. Like Nex with a 95 slayer requirement.

I think these two things should be a minimum of what gets added. Maybe even two types of bosses - one that can be attacked anytime, but with a high slayer req (90+), another (like a boss strykewyrm) which can only be attacked on task.

The inherent problem with simply adding new slayer monster X is that over time just about all slayer monster drops get devalued to worthlessness, especially in the new PVP environment where items are simply recycled rather than lost. I don't trust Jagex to get the drop balance correct whereby A) Drops are rare enough to hold relative value; and B) Drops are common enough to be worth slaying for. So I would like to see an in-demand consumable drop - it doesn't even have to be combat related. That would hold relative value over time.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Two things:

The inherent problem with simply adding new slayer monster X is that over time just about all slayer monster drops get devalued to worthlessness, especially in the new PVP environment where items are simply recycled rather than lost.

Releasing new, less than 6B armors, that would be practical to use while Pking would be a lot better than releasing another nex.

I'd like a boss that requires a team of high level slayers to take down and drops something worthwhile. Like Nex with a 95 slayer requirement.

...or you could just go kill nex for that?

...or you could just go kill nex for that?

Oh, I didn't realize Nex was already providing a reward for high level slayers.

Wait, no, she just outclasses all of the slayer monsters that are supposed to be harder and more rewarding than monsters that don't require slayer.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Whatever they add it should be for 99 slayer. 99 slay is the new 85. Anything lower than 99 is too easy, whatever new rewards will crash too fast and slayer will become unprofitable again. Atleast if the reqs is 99, it will take more time before it devalues to the point where it's not worth it any more.

I would love to see a boss monster that drops something fantastic in an area that only 99 slayers may enter. Most bosses are too crowded because the requirements aren't strict enough. 99 slay would weed out your common lurers/leech too.

What you say: Good suggestion

What they'll do: Super powerful armor that is +1000 LP boost and +50% sock to melee or range when work as a set. 1/3,000 drop rate for a piece of armor. Can only fight on task. 1 spawn per world. Single combat.

What I'd like to see:

High lvl mini-boss, like mole or KBD. 1/10 drop rate of unique stuff on task. 1/100 rate when not on task. Armor with LP boost, or def = to nex's drop. Or a catalyst staff that saves 50% of all combat runes. Something without a super-rare drop

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Two things:

That skill is called dungeoneering.

You know the one where you don't kill anything and complain if your doing it for more than 20 minutes.

I lol'd

Hard :thumbup:

I would love a way of doing slayer tasks that have more variation of what your assigned.

6 out of 10 tasks being dusts isn't very fun :thumbdown:

Maybe new rewards would be a nice addition, slayer xp and runes are no fun once you bought all the worthwhile stuff and dont cancel often

If they're going to make changes to Slayer, I'd rather not see it in the form of ANOTHER boss monster. Give us something more difficult than Darkbeasts (lol) but make sure you can still receive a good amount of xp/hr by having it assigned. I'm not picky about its race or combat style.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

ref: RSOF High Level Content Sticky Page 04 - Skill Based Slayer Monsters Summary

I liked the idea of a group of slayer monsters where one had to use skills to kill. Seems fairly easy to adapt and be fun for players, in addition to allowing high level slayer content such as an Obsidian Golem, Spirit Tree Ent, Great White Shark, Papyrus (made from mage trees) Wrapped Mummies, Poison Berry Tanglefoots.

It's not actually a silly idea if you think that normal skill gathering actually means you're attacking an NPC that: doesn't move, doesn't attack back, has one hit point, has high level defense, has one (sometimes two) guaranteed drops. Incorporating into slayer just means the rocks (or trees, or shrubs) can move, can attack back (lowers skills and hit points), has more than one hit point, has different types of drops. In addition, these NPC's can't be attacked unless assigned (should have been the rule for all slayer specific monsters since day one).

Boss Monster Slayer Master: I like this idea despite the bottle-neck it can create. There's so many bosses now that there's enormous variety. It gives a great excuse to make one or two (heck, maybe more) slayer bosses that can only be attacked if assigned. Jagex make some multi-way, while others can have features that limits killing back to back (ie, you have to share kills with other slayers that may be assigned). Plus, Jagex could use this as an excuse to activate Quest Bosses that you can re-fight in instanced rooms (purchased as an expensive bonus).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Tbh slayer is the skill that's really lagging behind in content now it seems. So as long as they fill the void of 94-99 slayer I'll be happy. They could do 95, 97 and 99 level slayer monsters. Makes more sense to do it. Slayer is in desperate need of high level content. I'd actually like a Lava Stryke too tbh :D

Also I like the ideas of a slayer boss. But unless it was instanced the feasibility of it would be silm to none. If there was anything new to be assigned it'd also have to be task only.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Tbh slayer is the skill that's really lagging behind in content now it seems. So as long as they fill the void of 94-99 slayer I'll be happy. They could do 95, 97 and 99 level slayer monsters. Makes more sense to do it. Slayer is in desperate need of high level content. I'd actually like a Lava Stryke too tbh :D

Oh please. I don't have anything against more slayer content being released but slayers trying to portray their skill as being neglected is ridiculous. Plenty of other skills have less content, and less useful content at that, than slayer.

Tact.gif

Slayer doesn't really need new harder slayer monsters. If harder slayer monsters come out then slayer will just get even slower. What we need are more monster specific weapons and weapon updates. Such as an enhancement to keris and other monster specific weapons that will make killing monsters with those weapons a better option. Updates that will make slayer easier if you actually use slayer items. Slayer is supposed to be about finding a monsters weakness and exploiting it to you benefit, which is useless when rapier can kill monsters faster then a weapon that is supposed to be custome made to kill those monsters.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Duradel needs to be able to assign blue and red dragons and also LRC. Kuradal assigns blue dragons and LRC but why not Duradel? :mellow: They have practically the same assignments anyway, just that Kuradal gives larger tasks and you can do them in that stupid dungeon of hers...

Inb4 witchy do smoking kills and use kuradal.

Maybe they could also add some more places to kill monsters since Rs is getting quite crowded...

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

An abyssal weapon that is better than or the same as a rapier and can only be used on slayer tasks. Or alternatively, it has a slayer bonus on tasks making it better than or the same as the rapier.

For the people who hate dung but love slayer.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

There is now no reason for Jagex to keep the level for Slayer at 99 - why not do a 'Dungeoneering' & increase the Cap to 120. Higher Slayer levels do not add to your overall Combat level & as such will not affect things such as PVP etc.

Increasing the Slayer level cap to 120 would allow Jagex to be more flexible with the 'high level' monsters they introduce & therefore specific slayer rewards that are dropped.

The Kuradal dungeon has been a success, as have Strykewyrms, in respect that they do not allow campers - this theme should be continued. Maybe add an extension to Kuradal's dungeon to facilitate the introduction of new monsters.

With regards to drops, I agree with the above poster who suggested that a new weapon be introduced that is comparable to rapier for those individuals that enjoy Slaying but dislike (or don't partake in) Dungeoneering (I'm sure Farmer Moe would be keen on this!!). What they could do is introduce weapon add-on's that enhance the ability of the existing weapon range such as :-

- 'Go-Faster Blades' - can be added to Godswords making the weapon speed as fast as whip. Whilst attached to weapon it becomes non-tradeable. Can be removed in same way as the armour kits. This would bring new life back into the Godsword market & potentially provide a viable alternative weapon.

- 'Sword poison' - allowing all melee weapons to be poisoned - the poison would hit harder & faster

- 'New Abyssal Armour' - Full set dropped in individual parts by various new 'Abyssal' monsters - the set would become the ultimate hybrid armour.

Finally, the new monsters should have an elite Clue drop rate comparable to 'Hard' clues at the moment.

I'm sure more will come to me.

the_lad_1.png

Dungeoneering is intended to be the "end-game" skill, requiring all previous skills to work well. As a result, it would nto make sense to make any single skill also go up to 120, especially not slayer as it only becomes worthwhile at relatively high levels and is done almost exclusively by people who enjoy combat (dunge is done by both skillers and combaticians).

Giving slayer some new weapons and cool stuff would, I guess, make sense-personally I'm much more in favour of unique little items that aren't necessarily armour, like rings, bracelets, amulets, boots, and so on. Perhaps a monster that drops the onyx gem or that drops an amulet of fury would be in order?

I wouldn't like to see a slayer equivalent of nex. Nex is empty enough, nex is hard enough, and nex is rewarding enough. Few bosses require a slayer level (there are exceptions but these are mostly relegated to minigames or low-level quests) and to have slayers asking for a slayer-Nex just seems pointless. Slayer is already a thoroughly rewarding skill at high levels.

A new melee weapon would also be completely unecessary, since the chaotic equipment set was released extremely recently. Dark Bow and Staff of Light are both high level slayer drops, so they are unecessary-in my opinion some new jewellery or offhand weaponry is what's needed now.

I'm not an efficienado.

Slayer is already a thoroughly rewarding skill at high levels.

...Huh? Slayer has rewards? Last I checked slayer monsters were all entirely outclassed by monsters without slayer requirements like frost dragons and TDs.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png