Tip.It Times - 6th March 2011

Racheya

Hmm....with the climbing boots update, there was the rumor floating around that mod mark had leaked it to his friends and they made tons of money of that. If an article with some proof that's not easily distinguishable as a fake was published, bashing mod Mark for that...I could imagine them going mad a bit ;)

but this is kinda going off-topic lol ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't undersand why RS brings out so much fierce reactions from people.

It remains a game. If it goes, it goes. Life goes on. (Been playing since 2004)

Been fooled, (under the influence, and saw 'runscape' lol), and got my account hacked.

So what? I play the game, not to get rich,show off, or anything. For the fun of playing!

Sure it's disturbing, all that is happening, but in the end, we are slaves to the game.

We can all choose a different game. I don't want to, I like this one.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

Andre the Giant (Gentle Giant)

Comment to TS Stormrage's article.

Assuming a person wanted to get back to normal servers from the cheat servers. How would this be dealt with?

They could always be allowed to come back at the point at which they let off. Lets say a lvl 83 buys an AGS and therefore goes to a cheat server becasue he/she used real money. If they want their account back on normal server, they forfeit the AGS and come back as regular player?

Making accounts dual would be another solution. What I mean by this is you may have a cheat account as well as a real one. Very complicated to do because you might decide to change your account from a normal to a cheat one a few times depending on how it works out.

Very very complicated proposal.

If it is technically possible to "come back to non-cheat server" with the stats you left off with, then yeah, add that feature in too...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If it is technically possible to "come back to non-cheat server" with the stats you left off with, then yeah, add that feature in too...

What if a person botted from 60-80 wc and then ivy'd from 80-86 and then botted to 99? how will jagex know where to reset them to? would it be based on the first indisputable point where it was obvious they were botting? or would jagex look at reports against that account over time and see a spike during the 60-80 time period and go "highly suspetise?"

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~