Tattoo general

monaliza

Im gunna get a tatoo soon, some text in thai and french. i dont get whats so bad with tribal/text tatoos, i reckon they're the best looking to be honest. nice and simple!

but im sure that a lot of people who get major tatoos will regret it in later life. like all the older emos that got green skulls with some a7x quote tatooed and then realised that yes, being an emo is gay. lol

i was thinking 'nothing lasts forever' in thai on my underbicep (think thats what its called lol)

also im going to get french text saying 'life is but a blip' or something along those lines. get it just to the right of my crotch so only a few people will see it. :thumbsup:

Im gunna get a tatoo soon, some text in thai and french. i dont get whats so bad with tribal/text tatoos, i reckon they're the best looking to be honest. nice and simple!

but im sure that a lot of people who get major tatoos will regret it in later life. like all the older emos that got green skulls with some a7x quote tatooed and then realised that yes, being an emo is gay. lol

i was thinking 'nothing lasts forever' in thai on my underbicep (think thats what its called lol)

also im going to get french text saying 'life is but a blip' or something along those lines. get it just to the right of my crotch so only a few people will see it. :thumbsup:

I think text tattoos are boring, uninspired, and a waste of space. The way I see it, anything you can spell out in a plain text tattoo can be expressed in a much better and more creative way as a piece of art or incorporated as a piece of art. That's how I'm doing mine. More importantly I haven't talked to a single tattoo artist who think text tattoos are fun to do; which is basically all that needs to be said on the matter.

It's also a world of difference between tattooing a7x's band logo in somebody's kitchen and going to a good artist and get something like this:

tumblrlfq9eqry4v1qapcgg.png

That's incredibly well-made and something you'll be proud to wear for the next 20 years (because after that you probably won't care).

2009rb9.jpg

I think text tattoos are boring, uninspired, and a waste of space. The way I see it, anything you can spell out in a plain text tattoo can be expressed in a much better and more creative way as a piece of art or incorporated as a piece of art. That's how I'm doing mine. More importantly I haven't talked to a single tattoo artist who think text tattoos are fun to do; which is basically all that needs to be said on the matter.

It's also a world of difference between tattooing a7x's band logo in somebody's kitchen and going to a good artist and get something like this:

tumblrlfq9eqry4v1qapcgg.png

That's incredibly well-made and something you'll be proud to wear for the next 20 years (because after that you probably won't care).

oh yeah that is good!

but a lot of people do get [cabbage]e tatoos. and also, personally, i wouldnt want something that big, it sucks but tatoos give off a bad impression for work and stuff :thumbdown:

bleak world we live in eh?

but i dunno, i dont reckon text is uninspired, its just a different style. Especially if its a quote that means a lot to you. for example, my friends got roman numerals of the day her dad died, its just like a permanent way of reminding yourself of something. plus i personally reckon more than 3 coloured tatoos look kind of messy most of the time.

simple designs look really good i reckon, its not uninspired. sometimes less is more :thumbup:

Instead of just getting the numerals tattooed, she could have done an awesome-lookin' headstone with the date on it, or something her dad was very passionate about (like a car engine with the numerals carved into the metal if he was really into cars, etc.) To me, that would just become a way more personal sort of tribute than just putting a date in small letters on my skin. But obviously if she's 100% happy about it then that's great for her. And that's really the thing, if you still want to get a text tattoo after considering all of the alternatives, then go hog wild. And if you're sure you just want to get one or two tattoos in your whole life, then getting text tattoos isn't a big deal. One of my friends got a pretty big text tattoo on his underarm when he was younger, he sorely regrets that decision as he now wants a sleeve, but it's really hard to cover up such a big tattoo and not have it look like [cabbage]. So yeah, placement and size is important as well!

2009rb9.jpg

Instead of just getting the numerals tattooed, she could have done an awesome-lookin' headstone with the date on it, or something her dad was very passionate about (like a car engine with the numerals carved into the metal if he was really into cars, etc.) To me, that would just become a way more personal sort of tribute than just putting a date in small letters on my skin. But obviously if she's 100% happy about it then that's great for her. And that's really the thing, if you still want to get a text tattoo after considering all of the alternatives, then go hog wild. And if you're sure you just want to get one or two tattoos in your whole life, then getting text tattoos isn't a big deal. One of my friends got a pretty big text tattoo on his underarm when he was younger, he sorely regrets that decision as he now wants a sleeve, but it's really hard to cover up such a big tattoo and not have it look like [cabbage]. So yeah, placement and size is important as well!

have you got some tats then?

yeah im still not sure about the underbicep thing.. do u no were i mean??

1224948701_ed1b1b29c8.jpg

i don't think ill regret it due to getting more tatoos there, i think if i would get more tattoos it would be back, shoulder and forearm.

and yeah i have been thinking about what to get for about a year.. :thumbsup:

one thing is im getting it in thailand/cambodia/laos havnt decided yet. but i met some peple that got drunk and got thai text tatoos, basically the guys just wrote stuff like 'im a druken idiot' or 'im stupid' or something like that lol! bit worried :P

Loved tattoos ever since I was around 12, but I'm starting on my very first one tomorrow actually. I've gone back and forth from so many motifs these past 10 years, but I finally settled on this one around a year ago. A John Bauer-inspired nature theme going from my elbow and stopping about 5 cm from my wrist. Black and grey with some very muted colours mixed in.

And I'd advise you strongly to not get the tattoo done in any of those places, there's a lot of shady tattooists there with no concern for your safety or any health regulations. So there's a big chance you could catch Hep C, or even HIV if you go to the wrong place. If you do get go there, do research beforehand. Talk to tattooists in your country, they probably know some good parlours over there, because there definitely are some incredibly talented south Asian tattoo artists, you just need to know where they are.

... And yeah, if it's text look up exactly what you want beforehand, and how it's spelled. You don't want [bleep]face permanently inked on your body.

2009rb9.jpg

Loved tattoos ever since I was around 12, but I'm starting on my very first one tomorrow actually. I've gone back and forth from so many motifs these past 10 years, but I finally settled on this one around a year ago. A John Bauer-inspired nature theme going from my elbow and stopping about 5 cm from my wrist. Black and grey with some very muted colours mixed in.

And I'd advise you strongly to not get the tattoo done in any of those places, there's a lot of shady tattooists there with no concern for your safety or any health regulations. So there's a big chance you could catch Hep C, or even HIV if you go to the wrong place. If you do get go there, do research beforehand. Talk to tattooists in your country, they probably know some good parlours over there, because there definitely are some incredibly talented south Asian tattoo artists, you just need to know where they are.

... And yeah, if it's text look up exactly what you want beforehand, and how it's spelled. You don't want [bleep]face permanently inked on your body.

apparently theres a traditional tatoo method over there using bamboo? i might hve to check it out. but actually from what ive heard most places are pretty sanitary nowadays, especially in thailand. its a suprisingly clinical country! but yeah, if they arnt pre sealed im walking out of that place sharpish!

good luck on tomorrow! how many sessions do u need? u shud clearly put some pics up when it's finished!

bon chance

x

Yeah, you should be okay as long as you know what parlour you're going to. The bamboo needle stuff sounds pretty neat. I've heard it doesn't hurt as much as with a machine, and it supposedly heals a lot quicker, but I haven't seen it for myself. And thanks, I've got 3 sessions booked, last one on April 15th, but she admitted to being awful at estimating how long tattoos this big take to do so it could be one more sitting, or one less. Hoping it's one less because she's not exactly cheap and I'm a poor student.

2009rb9.jpg

text in thai and french. i dont get whats so bad with tribal/text tatoos,

older emos... a7x quote tatooed ... being an emo is gay. lol

1)

are you thai or french?

2)

tribal tattoos are the mark of tools and douches [unless the person is actually of that tribe]

3)

older emo and a7x should not be used in the same sentence

4)

how have you survived this long on the internet?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm not a fan of tribal tattoos. Go on a night out to any city here and you'll see them everywhere, same with the Chinese/Thai/Korean/Whatever text. If I'm getting something permanantly tattoo'd onto myself, I'd have it something unique that I'm not going to see a similar variation of every time I go to the pub.

I've got an idea of what I plan on getting done but it'll be a while yet before I've got the spare money for it and theres a few things I want to do before getting a tattoo.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

text in thai and french. i dont get whats so bad with tribal/text tatoos,

older emos... a7x quote tatooed ... being an emo is gay. lol

1)

are you thai or french?

2)

tribal tattoos are the mark of tools and douches [unless the person is actually of that tribe]

3)

older emo and a7x should not be used in the same sentence

4)

how have you survived this long on the internet?

no im english, but ive lived in france for a year and am doing 2 years of uni in france, have spent 5/6months in thailand. why do u care mate, its my body. does it personally insult you?? who the [bleep] are u to judge eh? i also speak french so er... am i allowed to have it now??

your opinion mate, thats stupid though. plenty of my mates have tribal tatoos and theyre not douches, you sound like a douche.

why?

becaue the internets not full of you :shades:

So I had my first sitting on Tuesday. This is how it looks like with all the blood and ink washed off.

2ugkxus.jpg

FOREARM

34y2obc.jpg

UNDERARM

zn56wk.jpg

RIGHT

wc0k7n.jpg

LEFT

znlhyv.jpg

CLOSEUP

I just spotted an acorn I've never seen before.

Got my next session on the 30th this month. Will be shading if I understood her correctly.

2009rb9.jpg

[hide]

So I had my first sitting on Tuesday. This is how it looks like with all the blood and ink washed off.

2ugkxus.jpg

FOREARM

34y2obc.jpg

UNDERARM

zn56wk.jpg

RIGHT

wc0k7n.jpg

LEFT

znlhyv.jpg

CLOSEUP

I just spotted an acorn I've never seen before.

Got my next session on the 30th this month. Will be shading if I understood her correctly.

[/hide]

Thats nice man! are those liberty caps aswell! ha! sick..

did it hurt much?

Cheers. Not sure what mushrooms they are, but they do look a lot like liberty caps, hah. Hadn't originally planned on there being any actually, but she really wanted to do mushrooms. Now I can't imagine the tattoo looking anywhere near as good without them, they really tie the entire thing together (much like a rug heyo). I dunno if you can spot the snail in there, which is another thing I hadn't planned on having, but now I think that snail is dope as [bleep]. She also basically free-hand tattooed the spider, it was an empty area she was itching to fill with something. "How about a spider?" "Yes!".

It did hurt. Some areas more than others. Closest to the wrist was pretty bad, as well as certain areas on the underarm - it was worst where the arm bends though. Elbow wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. I didn't eat anything during the entire 3.5hr sitting, which didn't exactly help with the pain either.

2009rb9.jpg

May I ask what/who Hoppipolla is? Looks pretty sweet so far :)

Song by Sigur Ros. Also means "jump into puddles" in Icelandic. Really like what the word means and the aesthetic of the spelling itself. Plus Sigur Ros is one of my absolute favourite bands.

2009rb9.jpg

your opinion mate, thats stupid though. plenty of my mates have tribal tatoos and theyre not douches, you sound like a douche.

If you're getting a tribal tattoo of a real tribe:

Getting a tribal tattoo in a tribe is like having the ability to call yourself an adult. You're disrespecting that by going into a parlour and paying someone to do one up for you, hence you are a douche.

If not, just disregard what I say.

Tattoos are really taboo over here, and I can't have it shown in school. I could have a really small one hidden up by clothing, but there's really no point in that. Why get a tattoo if no one's going to see it?

Had my second session today. Did the shading for the background. They took a picture of it and put it up on their blog: http://eaststreettattoo.blogspot.com/

Just showing the underside though. Will probably take pics of all the angles á la last time, when I've removed the plastic and let it heal some.

Everybody at the studio seem pretty pumped about this tattoo, especially my tattooist. Makes me even more excited! Next session will be shading on the leaves and everything. And maybe some coloring.

Btw, those interested in some tattoo history, check out a documentary called "Hori Smoku - Sailor Jerry". Really, really awesome and informative stuff. Especially the story of how Sailor Jerry created the first safe purple pigment (which tattooists still use to this day).

There was no safe purple tattoo pigment, and this loudmouth tattooist down the street from Jerry who loved publicity kept telling anyone who would interview him "there will never be a purple tattoo color, because it's poisonous. You'll never see it happen". So completely out of spite, Jerry actually discovered a safe purple (which is STILL the basis of all purple tattoo pigments out there). He did this by trying various purples in his leg and finally found one that wouldn't bubble up or rot (he ended up digging a bunch of little chunks out of his leg where he tested the rejects). So once he found it and figured out how safe it was, he got a sailor who was a good customer of his and put a purple dragon on the kid's forearm, then had the kid take care of it and let it completely heal.

Once the purple dragon, the first of it's kind in the world, was healed, Jerry had the swabby go in down the street in his tropical whites and have a visit to Jerry's nemesis at his shop. The kid looked around and when loudmouth asked him what he wanted, the sailor said "well I'd like a purple dragon".

Sure enough, the tattoo artist went on his tirade on how there will never be a purple tattoo because purple is toxic, etc etc. So the white hat rolled up his sleeve and said "well I got this one down the street".

Jerry's nemesis rand down to 1033 Smith St. like a shot and as soon as he started saying "where in the hell did you ever get a purple..." Jerry just laughed and said "[bleep] you, you'll NEVER get any you rotten bastard!"

The fact that Jerry had found a purple out of complete spite was too much for the rival. That week he had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. So Jerry did the right thing.

He sent a dozen purple roses to his rival's room.

edit: it's up on Hulu for you Americans: http://www.hulu.com/...ku-sailor-jerry

2009rb9.jpg

Hungover Saturday, so I might as well upload some progression pics.

EAziV.jpg

TaPaT.jpg

w8Vho.jpg

YzMxM.jpg

The redness around my wrist and elbow is not part of the tattoo. It's from the adhesive tape.

Really looking forward to get some shading done on all the leaves and stuff next session!

2009rb9.jpg

I've been wanting a tattoo for 3 years now but my problem is finding the right one that suits me. I found I guess what you'd call a "tribal" pattern except its not a real tribe one, its more of a swirlish sorta- thing I saw. But yeah, problem is finding one I like personally.

Popoto.~<3