Tattoo general

monaliza

I see a lot of douche bag tattoos in my age group, ones that look like the walked into any parlor and flipped through the book and picked something they thought looked good. The worst are tribal tattoos and the southern cross.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm considering getting thor because of my viking blood and career with electricity.

All three of my tattoos are purposely on my back so I can show them when I want but keep them covered most of the time. I guess none of my tattoos are about showing them off or anything, I will show them if people ask about them though.

I dont particularly like the whole tribal tattoos though, nothing to do with them being overdone, or the fact that non-tribe people get them, I just dont really like them.

One of my tattoos did have a tribal design in the background but I got the artist to change that.

People were mentioning foreign language when it is not your own... I dont see any problem with it, providing it actually means what it is supposed to mean and it means something to you, what's so wrong with that?

My last tattoo has Latin in it, I dont speak Latin, but it is in keeping with my design and reason for the design.

BUT everyone has the right to have their opinion on a tattoo without being moaned at for it, because for everyone who likes the design, you are bout to have the same amount of people who will not like it.

I want another tattoo, however I am waiting for the baby to arrive before I think about booking that. I have kind of decided on the design, but I am just stuck for places to put it, again I dont want it in a place it will constantly be on show, and I dont really like tattoos on the top of the arms, so I will wait until I know for certain the actual design and where to put it.

I see a lot of douche bag tattoos in my age group, ones that look like the walked into any parlor and flipped through the book and picked something they thought looked good. The worst are tribal tattoos and the southern cross.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm considering getting thor because of my viking blood and career with electricity.

I really hate patriotic tattoos. I kinda hope our flag changes, just to spite them.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I really hate patriotic tattoos. I kinda hope our flag changes, just to spite them.

Me too.

Also, Dan, that idea's pretty cool. I like it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some minor modification and consultation, here's the tattoo I got as of Wednesday. \:D/

tattoovs.png

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

Oh, yes! Piercings also, but on guys. :rolleyes:

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

Too many bad tattoos in this thread, so here's one of the best chest pieces I've ever seen (other than my sig):

v4J6N.jpg

As for my half-sleeve it's almost finished. One session left and then one touch-up session after that. I've so far spent 11,5 hrs under the needle. My poor arm.

2009rb9.jpg

• 2 months later...

So I figured I'd share some interesting tattoo tv series/documentaries, ones that aren't full of scripted drama and [cabbage]ty artists (i.e. the Miami Ink series and its spin-offs.)

The first episode of The Gypsy Gentleman was released a few days ago, and it's amazing:

http://gypsygentleman.com/

First episode features Virginia Elwood and Thomas Hooper (!!!).

Also first part of Tattoo Age is up now as well:

http://www.vbs.tv/en...oro-part-1-of-3

Enjoy!

In other news my tattoo's done, finished it last week. I was gonna wait until my artist put it up on their blog, but since that's likely to take a while I'm posting some low-quality pics I took myself.

[hide=PICS]

uST2xl.jpg

VdLbx.jpg

C2z2v.jpg

aBqE1.jpg

[/hide]

Now to start on my old school sleeve!

2009rb9.jpg

Ah nice. Looks brilliant coloured in. Very impressive.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Hey, I'm a big Sigur Ros fan as well.

Though, unfortunately, Hoppípolla isn't one of my favorites of theirs, its meaning, I do like.

On topic: I don't plan on getting a tattoo. :\ Just not my thing. Maybe it'll be a rarity when I'm older (and I'll be special? :3).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

When I was in prison, I met a guy who had PURE HATE tattooed on his knuckles. You've probably heard of or seen the LOVE HATE tattoo. That's what it's "referencing." I thought it was pretty clever.

As for bizzare:

eaterm.jpg

Someone pissed off the wrong guy.

09144a99bb.png

I prefer the look of B/W tattos over color, but that still looks awesome azvareth.

Yeah, one year ago I couldn't imagine getting a colour tattoo. The one I have now was supposed to just be black and grey with leafy motifs. I'm very happy my tattooist talked me out of that and made me realise the superiority of colour tattoos (I kid). But seriously nowadays I think bigger black and grey tattoos just look unfinished somehow (ex. sleeves, back/chest pieces etc.), small ones are totally fine though. Definitely gonna do just colour tattoos from now on except some small b/g flash pieces.

That is, unless the b/g sleeve is done with stark contrasts and kickass linework such as

284362_2057123540970_1031040044_32018765_1881705_n.jpg

Who cares if it'll be a big grey smudge in 10 years, because damn.

2009rb9.jpg

Yeah, one year ago I couldn't imagine getting a colour tattoo. The one I have now was supposed to just be black and grey with leafy motifs. I'm very happy my tattooist talked me out of that and made me realise the superiority of colour tattoos (I kid). But seriously nowadays I think bigger black and grey tattoos just look unfinished somehow (ex. sleeves, back/chest pieces etc.), small ones are totally fine though. Definitely gonna do just colour tattoos from now on except some small b/g flash pieces.

That is, unless the b/g sleeve is done with stark contrasts and kickass linework such as

284362_2057123540970_1031040044_32018765_1881705_n.jpg

Who cares if it'll be a big grey smudge in 10 years, because damn.

I'm on the opposite opinion - I feel that b/w and greyscale age better than colour tattoos, as they tend to include more detailed linework (which hurts like a [bleep]) and the fading is less noticeable, imo. Then again, it's all personal preference; as someone with two greyscale pieces, I'm obviously bias. ;)

I'm on the opposite opinion - I feel that b/w and greyscale age better than colour tattoos, as they tend to include more detailed linework (which hurts like a [bleep]) and the fading is less noticeable, imo. Then again, it's all personal preference; as someone with two greyscale pieces, I'm obviously bias. ;)

Yeah, black ink holds up the best, but what do you mean by detailed linework? Because the more detailed and intricate the linework, the worse it ages. icon_razz.gif

Also feel free to post your tats!

2009rb9.jpg

I meant that detailed linework 'ages' better due to technical intricacy: that is, even if the theme is no longer relevant to you at a latter date, the technique can still be admired. Not sure if that makes sense. :unsure:

As to my ink:

[hide]

2ibg9z7.jpg

27x7yr.jpg

On my ribs. There's a third butterfly, but I couldn't quite fit it in while retaining focus.

[/hide]