Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tattoo general

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

May I ask what/who Hoppipolla is? Looks pretty sweet so far :)

Song by Sigur Ros. Also means "jump into puddles" in Icelandic. Really like what the word means and the aesthetic of the spelling itself. Plus Sigur Ros is one of my absolute favourite bands.

Imalilranger
[ Display Name History ]

Imalilranger

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Imalilranger
  • RSN2:is my main.
  • Clan:Epiphany :DDDD
a TATTOO OF A TATTOO

Unless your RSN is "imalil[bleep]er", please keep the title appropriate.

Thank you.

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1

your opinion mate, thats stupid though. plenty of my mates have tribal tatoos and theyre not douches, you sound like a douche.

If you're getting a tribal tattoo of a real tribe:
Getting a tribal tattoo in a tribe is like having the ability to call yourself an adult. You're disrespecting that by going into a parlour and paying someone to do one up for you, hence you are a douche.
If not, just disregard what I say.

Tattoos are really taboo over here, and I can't have it shown in school. I could have a really small one hidden up by clothing, but there's really no point in that. Why get a tattoo if no one's going to see it?

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
Had my second session today. Did the shading for the background. They took a picture of it and put it up on their blog: http://eaststreettattoo.blogspot.com/

Just showing the underside though. Will probably take pics of all the angles รก la last time, when I've removed the plastic and let it heal some.

Everybody at the studio seem pretty pumped about this tattoo, especially my tattooist. Makes me even more excited! Next session will be shading on the leaves and everything. And maybe some coloring.

Btw, those interested in some tattoo history, check out a documentary called "Hori Smoku - Sailor Jerry". Really, really awesome and informative stuff. Especially the story of how Sailor Jerry created the first safe purple pigment (which tattooists still use to this day).

There was no safe purple tattoo pigment, and this loudmouth tattooist down the street from Jerry who loved publicity kept telling anyone who would interview him "there will never be a purple tattoo color, because it's poisonous. You'll never see it happen". So completely out of spite, Jerry actually discovered a safe purple (which is STILL the basis of all purple tattoo pigments out there). He did this by trying various purples in his leg and finally found one that wouldn't bubble up or rot (he ended up digging a bunch of little chunks out of his leg where he tested the rejects). So once he found it and figured out how safe it was, he got a sailor who was a good customer of his and put a purple dragon on the kid's forearm, then had the kid take care of it and let it completely heal.

Once the purple dragon, the first of it's kind in the world, was healed, Jerry had the swabby go in down the street in his tropical whites and have a visit to Jerry's nemesis at his shop. The kid looked around and when loudmouth asked him what he wanted, the sailor said "well I'd like a purple dragon".

Sure enough, the tattoo artist went on his tirade on how there will never be a purple tattoo because purple is toxic, etc etc. So the white hat rolled up his sleeve and said "well I got this one down the street".

Jerry's nemesis rand down to 1033 Smith St. like a shot and as soon as he started saying "where in the hell did you ever get a purple..." Jerry just laughed and said "[bleep] you, you'll NEVER get any you rotten bastard!"

The fact that Jerry had found a purple out of complete spite was too much for the rival. That week he had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. So Jerry did the right thing.

He sent a dozen purple roses to his rival's room.

edit: it's up on Hulu for you Americans: http://www.hulu.com/...ku-sailor-jerry

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
Hungover Saturday, so I might as well upload some progression pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The redness around my wrist and elbow is not part of the tattoo. It's from the adhesive tape.

Really looking forward to get some shading done on all the leaves and stuff next session!

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests
That's looking pretty awesome so far :thumbup:

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
I love the spider Azvareth, and the think she just randomly freehanded it in... good quality stuff right there!
I also like the entire tattoo too, not so much the text though.
Posted Image

Stev
[ Display Name History ]

Stev

Cherremy's Slave

• Members
  • 3,466 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Stev Peifer
I liked these 2:
Posted Image
Posted Image

09144a99bb.png

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,848 posts
  • RSN '07:Derplander
I've been wanting a tattoo for 3 years now but my problem is finding the right one that suits me. I found I guess what you'd call a "tribal" pattern except its not a real tribe one, its more of a swirlish sorta- thing I saw. But yeah, problem is finding one I like personally.

Popoto.~<3

Ryannator
[ Display Name History ]

Ryannator

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Ryanator
the girl actually looks kind of hot in the first picture if it wasnt for that stupid looking tattoo.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
This girl I know has a Super Mario Brothers world tattooed on her chest. She also has a triforce on her hand.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Iamdan
[ Display Name History ]

Iamdan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,418 posts
I see a lot of douche bag tattoos in my age group, ones that look like the walked into any parlor and flipped through the book and picked something they thought looked good. The worst are tribal tattoos and the southern cross.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm considering getting thor because of my viking blood and career with electricity.

lizzywizzy
[ Display Name History ]

lizzywizzy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • RSN:lizzy_wizzy
All three of my tattoos are purposely on my back so I can show them when I want but keep them covered most of the time. I guess none of my tattoos are about showing them off or anything, I will show them if people ask about them though.

I dont particularly like the whole tribal tattoos though, nothing to do with them being overdone, or the fact that non-tribe people get them, I just dont really like them.

One of my tattoos did have a tribal design in the background but I got the artist to change that.

People were mentioning foreign language when it is not your own... I dont see any problem with it, providing it actually means what it is supposed to mean and it means something to you, what's so wrong with that?

My last tattoo has Latin in it, I dont speak Latin, but it is in keeping with my design and reason for the design.

BUT everyone has the right to have their opinion on a tattoo without being moaned at for it, because for everyone who likes the design, you are bout to have the same amount of people who will not like it.

I want another tattoo, however I am waiting for the baby to arrive before I think about booking that. I have kind of decided on the design, but I am just stuck for places to put it, again I dont want it in a place it will constantly be on show, and I dont really like tattoos on the top of the arms, so I will wait until I know for certain the actual design and where to put it.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit

I see a lot of douche bag tattoos in my age group, ones that look like the walked into any parlor and flipped through the book and picked something they thought looked good. The worst are tribal tattoos and the southern cross.

I don't have any tattoos, but I'm considering getting thor because of my viking blood and career with electricity.

I really hate patriotic tattoos. I kinda hope our flag changes, just to spite them.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,018 posts

I really hate patriotic tattoos. I kinda hope our flag changes, just to spite them.

Me too.

Also, Dan, that idea's pretty cool. I like it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20.

#rpgformod

Neglexis
[ Display Name History ]

Neglexis

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • RSN:Neglexis
Got my first tattoo today :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?
Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,
and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!
Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Guest_Rob_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_Rob_
  • Guests

Got my first tattoo today :)
Posted Image

A perfect world on a perfect daaaaay.

It looks great :D

Neglexis
[ Display Name History ]

Neglexis

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • RSN:Neglexis

A perfect world on a perfect daaaaay.

Kudos for you! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?
Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,
and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!
Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

h3art
[ Display Name History ]

h3art

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Japery
After some minor modification and consultation, here's the tattoo I got as of Wednesday. \:D/

Posted Image

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
Nice.

Question, does anyone else here have a tattoo fetish? I find sleeves really sexy on a girl.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users