Tattoo general

monaliza

Ta, Jeff. Trust a Kiwi to recognise what it is. <3:

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

• 3 weeks later...

I will probably getting a tattoo to celebrate my ancestors, as I am direct blood from the Hatfield clan of WV from the Hatfield and McCoy feud.

Yeah, them.. I will be getting either an old black powder rifle, musket or the gun he is holding in this pic

htfld003.jpg

The guy 2nd from the left is my great, great, great, great, great, great uncle 'Devil' Anse Hatfield, the gun he's holding.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

My first one I got for my 20th birthday a couple months back.

[hide=] 1492sg9.png

[/hide]

I don't want to go overboard with tattoos, but I do plan on getting a couple more once the money is there for me to get them.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've merged the two topics - the bizarre tattoo thread was actually originally a spambot but it was taken over by everyone to basically be a thread for any tattoo discussion - so I don't think we need two threads!

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I've merged the two topics - the bizarre tattoo thread was actually originally a spambot but it was taken over by everyone to basically be a thread for any tattoo discussion - so I don't think we need two threads!

I felt like a complete derp when I saw "tattoo general" thought it was already here. Lol

Thanks for merging <3

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

TBH, I can't recall if I've posted my tattoos, but...

I have:

[spoiler=Designs]93910629.png

164540_10150377552170457_569105456_16426869_3529958_n.jpg

tribalg.jpg

[spoiler=Tattoos]

Only 2 pictures I have of the back design, sorry:

p1050333d.jpg

249388_10150753363485457_569105456_20083132_5684263_n.jpg

I have no picture of the Sweet Prince, but it is here:

166133_10150377572175457_569105456_16427521_5606017_n.jpg

And again, no pictures of my bicep design, but this was where I got it at least:

39779_10150263550435457_569105456_14190813_910883_n.jpg

Meh. :P.

I find tattoos on women very sexy, as long as they're not cliche... Like a butterfly on the ankle or tribal tramp stamp on the lower back. Yuck. A beautiful woman with an equally beautiful design is just... Mmm mmm good!

09144a99bb.png

So I've def' decided I want to get a sleeve design done. I wont bother asking what I should get as its a fair obvious I should design it myself or something of importance instead of following the trend.

How long does it take on average to go from shoulder to wrist?

how much management is it and the cost av'?

...what else should I know?

@Wicked, is that a sickle & hammer nipple piercing? O_o

Popoto.~<3

How long does it take on average to go from shoulder to wrist?

Naturally it depends on a lot of different factors: how much detail there is in the piece, if it's colour or b&g, how big your arms are, which artist you go to etc. I sat 16 hours with my half-sleeve, but it's quite detailed and my tattooist wasn't perhaps the fastest.

how much management is it

You mean the healing-phase? Short answer: a lot. That is, if you want your tattoo to look as good as it possibly can. Actually getting the tattoo done at the studio is only half the job; you can royally [bleep] up a great looking tattoo if you don't take care of it, since it is literally an open wound so you need to treat it accordingly. If anybody's interested, I can post a guide from Doug Hardy (second generation tattooist, son of Ed Hardy) on how to care for it. It is literally The Best Guide.

But the healing phase only lasts 6 weeks. After that you can basically do what you want without it affecting the tattoo much, except perhaps subjecting it to a belt sander.

and the cost av'?

Full sleeve? Any reputable artist will charge between 100-150/hr and upwards, excluding tip.

2009rb9.jpg

[hide]

223653_10150280959873622_690913621_7694783_4826873_n.jpg

[/hide]

yay or nay?

Is it yours?

And more importantly, is it finished?

That's my arm, yes, it's not 'finished' as it's just a practice Sharpee job, but I wanted to see if I could fit the design on my arm. The real thing would look a little more...professional, but generally that's what I'd get, I feel color would be too distracting

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I had (what I think) a brilliant idea for a sleeve design.

EDIT: Did a quick one in Photoshop.

[hide=Long Image] fcsei9.png [/hide]

My idea is to have a Cross design starting from the top of my shoulder with chains coming down over the years. along the way I want to get various memories or something important to me done along those chains. Think that's a good idea and not generic?

Popoto.~<3

[hide]

[/hide]

yay or nay?

Is it yours?

That's my arm, yes, it's not 'finished' as it's just a practice Sharpee job, but I wanted to see if I could fit the design on my arm. The real thing would look a little more...professional, but generally that's what I'd get, I feel color would be too distracting

I was about to ask if it was done with a sharpee, because I've never seen a tattooo with lines like that. I can make out the bird, but what's the plant-y looking thing at the bottom? I would suggest filling it in with something, because just leaving it with the contours like that... it'll be impossible for people to see what it's supposed to be (your tattooist will say the same thing).

My idea is to have a Cross design starting from the top of my shoulder with chains coming down over the years. along the way I want to get various memories or something important to me done along those chains. Think that's a good idea and not generic?

Cross, chain and dogtag tattoos are generic and I'm not a big fan of them. The concept is definitely cool though and it'd make a kickin' rad traditional/old school-type sleeve. Just an FYI.

2009rb9.jpg

What can people recommend to me for trying to design a sleeve tattoo? Computing is a really big thing for me and so I've decided I'd go with a circuitry sleeve, with it coming off onto my shoulder and chest, but I'm not sure how to go about with doing a sketch-up to show the tattoo artist so we can better work on it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

[hide]

[/hide]

yay or nay?

Is it yours?

I was about to ask if it was done with a sharpee, because I've never seen a tattooo with lines like that. I can make out the bird, but what's the plant-y looking thing at the bottom? I would suggest filling it in with something, because just leaving it with the contours like that... it'll be impossible for people to see what it's supposed to be (your tattooist will say the same thing).

based off of this: VR443.jpg

The "plant" is actually more of a flame, though I'm not sure a golden phoenix would look very good on my pale ass skin...perhaps changing it to a different color?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

What can people recommend to me for trying to design a sleeve tattoo? Computing is a really big thing for me and so I've decided I'd go with a circuitry sleeve, with it coming off onto my shoulder and chest, but I'm not sure how to go about with doing a sketch-up to show the tattoo artist so we can better work on it.

A general tip: if you can't draw yourself and don't know anyone who can, just bring your ideas to the tattooist; doing stuff like this is a big part of their job (plus they take into account the general anatomy of the body, things like how your muscles move, etc.). Just make sure have a good and clear idea of what you want beforehand, and bring as many reference images as you can: in your case pics of the type of circuits you'd like to have, etc. Also make sure you go to someone who's good at realistic motifs, biomech stuff in particular.

But since it sounds like you can draw... I guess since it's a big tattoo, I'd do a sketch-up of how I'd like the tattoo to "flow" on my body since that'd be the hardest thing to explain in words. I'd use one of these for that:

[hide]

Outline-body.png

[/hide]

And draw it up in Photoshop or MS Paint or whatever. Doesn't have to look pretty or professional in any way, just enough to give him/her an idea.

And once again, bring a bunch of reference pics of circuits you'd like in your tattoo.

The "plant" is actually more of a flame, though I'm not sure a golden phoenix would look very good on my pale ass skin...perhaps changing it to a different color?

Could look pretty sweet with a nice background! Honestly, there are millions of phoenix tattoos out there, so I'd just google image search for colour inspiration.

2009rb9.jpg

I've been thinking of getting a sleeve done that runs into my chest and back. On my back, I'm going to have my last name in Old English/Old-Age tribal, and have an accent coming off the last letter and flowing into my sleeve. But I'm not sure what I want done in my sleeve. I definitely want a bit of color and detail. Not absolutely specific details leading to a smude in a few years, but some detail. What are some basic things I could put into a sleeve design? I'm an avid trout/stream fisherman, I love chevrolet, trucks and mechanic-type things, I'm a gamer and I have a strange love for the word "Love" and things to do with it.

Just some simple ideas would be cool, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have never ever seen any tatoo that I like.

No offence, but for me, tattoos and piercings bring up strong association with "white trailer park trash". I fail to see the beauty of mutilating the skin and various "cartilage rich" areas of the body. Some of my friend have tattoos (and they are not trailer park trash, for the record) but I don't see the beauty of it. A female friend of mine has a tattoo all over her back, some parts are done with the ashes of her late mother... Though I see her point, it is just not for me.

On the other side, respect to all of you sitting in a chair "under the needle" for 16 hours of pain. You MUST be dedicated to have that tattoo, else you wouldn't find the courage/guts to get it in the first place.

Tattoos on women are an even more turn-off for me, especially sleeves, "arse antlers" (lower back tribal) or any other form of "tramp stamp".

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

^ To each his own. Some people dig tattoos. Heck, I kind of like it as long as it's not anything frivolous. :rolleyes: I'd never get a tattoo since

I think I'm somewhat scared of desecrating my body with that awful feeling getting ink stuck in there permanently. :ohnoes: