08-Mar-2011 � Artisans Workshop

Michael

08-Mar-2011 Artisans Workshop

The Smithing skill gets a revamp as some renowned dwarven smiths move to south-east Falador to open the Artisans Workshop. Their workshop offers a wide variety of training activities' date=' which should prove attractive to smiths of ALL levels. Head there with a stack of ore and your trusty hammer, and get stuck in. The workshop houses four different training methods to make Smithing more varied and enjoyable to train.

Track Room

The artisans are keen to link their workshop to the major dwarven cities, so they can ship in ores and transport their cargo securely. Apart from long-suffering Sten, few artisans are willing to get their hands dirty and actually build the mine cart tracks that will link their workshop to the rest of dwarven civilisation.

As such, any budding smith can lend a hand, making it a perfect place for low-level smiths to start out. While the experience rates arent high, the artisans will provide all necessary materials just bring your hammer. Free-players will be able to make bronze and iron tracks; members will also be able to make steel tracks.

Burial Amour

The life of a dwarf is perilous: miners die in cave-ins all the time, warriors are statistically more likely to be smooshed by a troll than to make it to the end of their shift, and a smiths lungs are blacker than the coal they work with. Its not all doom and gloom, though, as when they die they will at least be buried in some spectacular artisan burial armour thats where you come in.

Level 30+ smiths are deemed worthy to make this most holy of armours. With the choice of different types of armour (miner, warrior and smith) and different grades (iron and steel for F2P, plus mithril, adamant and rune for members), there are a variety of experience rates and costs for a smith to choose from. If you make armour in line with Suaks (the teacher) orders, youll earn that little bit of extra experience.

Cannon Repair

Where do dwarf multicannons go when they decay? They dont add to your carbon footprint, thats for sure. In a move thats motivated by thrift rather than ecological concerns, the artisan dwarves have taken to repairing discarded cannons in the caves below their workshop.

This method offers great experience rates for members at level 62+ (comparable to gold smelting with Family Crest gold-smithing gauntlets) for a reasonable cost, but the higher your Smithing level, the cheaper it becomes.

Ceremonial Swords

The jewel in the artisan dwarves crown is the knowledge of how to make ceremonial swords. These swords are coveted across the breadth of RuneScape due to their individuality and beauty.

If youre level 70+ member youll be able to precisely smith these swords via an interface. It can be tricky to master, but once you know what youre doing the ceremonial swords offer some of the highest experience rates Smithing has to offer. Dont worry if youre not quite level 70, as you might occasionally be called upon to help out while working on other things in the workshop, and have a taste for free (even free-players).

Rewards

While this update is intended to introduce new training methods, working in the workshop will earn the artisans begrudging respect, which can be traded in with Elof for rewards. These include better experience while following Suaks orders when smithing burial armour; ceremonial swords you can keep once youve forged them; and cosmetic upgrades for your own dwarf multicannon.

Mod Edam

RuneScape Content Developer

[/quote']

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game' date=' please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* A spike no longer protrudes from werewolves when they transform.

* Climbing boots no longer stretch on females.

* Legs no longer disappear when performing a variety of actions.

* A black splat no longer appears when an aquanite launches its attack.

* Players now correctly run when playing the chinchompa defend animation.

* Players no longer run on magic carpet rides.

* Female witch outfits no longer stretch when leaning forward.

* A child in Meiyerditch has had his animations fixed.

Quests and Tasks

* The Gunnar's Ground quest has had its quest icon fixed in the Quest Overview.

* A typo in Elemental Workshop IV has been fixed.

* A typo in Fishing Contest in the Sinister Strangers dialogue has been fixed.

* A typo in the Prisoner of Glouphrie Quest Journal has been fixed.

Miscellaneous

* Trying to retrieve the book from Elemental Workshop III from your POH bookshelf now gives you the correct book.

* Several references to adamantite and runite bars have been corrected to adamant and rune bars.

* All elemental shields now correctly block against a skeletal wyvern's ice breath.

* A typo in the Crafting skill guide has been fixed.

* The golden hammer can now be used to smith brutal arrows.

* Trying to alchemise with too many coins in your inventory will no longer drop coins to the floor.

* Loot from highwaymen now appears after they have fully died.

* The blessed vambraces from Treasure Trails have had their Summoning bonus increased to +6, in line with black vambraces.

* It is no longer possible to purchase bottles of wine through the Grand Exchange.

* The Adventurer's Log now refers to Armadyl chainskirts by their correct name.

* Tears of Guthix has been updated to deal with a single player whose XP total was too high.

* Icefiends now correctly drop impious ashes.

[/quote']

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks ok. Super confusing at first though.

Broke a mithril sword and got 0 xp.

Got 98% on a mithril sword and got 9448 xp.

Got 94% on a mithril sword and got 4266 xp.

Broke an addy sword and got 0 xp.

Got 88% on an addy sword and got 5020 xp.

Got 76% on an addy sword and got 4353 xp.

Got 74% on an addy sword and got 4329 xp.

Also

[hide=W99 Cannons]56872813.png

[/hide]

Welp, here it is people - the big ground-breaking smithing update that is going to change combat as we know it. Oh wait... the massive update we had hoped for it just another way to train smithing, so you can continue making Rune Platebodies when you die and lose your Rune Platebody.

So much potential, so much waste of programming resources. (I like how wetstones have no use whatsoever)

uhm... so they talk about rewards and really...there is none. Great thing i haven't maxed the smithing skill yet. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Might be worth trying out, though I really wish the update we were all waiting for was... well more of what we were hoping for. :P I really would have liked some sort of untradeable, high-level armour. Like extreme pots, but with smithing. :P Oh well, guess we can keep dreaming..

Blakdragon39.png

A few years ago Jagex said that they were looking for ways to train skills without creating massive piles of unsellable junk. I'll have to try it to see if the implementation is any good, but I'm happy that they are trying.

edit...

I think that it's cute how the stressed that it's good for "smiths of ALL levels", when in the BTS they explicitly said that it was only useful up to level 70.

LMAO at the size of cannons.

It was annoying enough to see drops underneath it before, now we have an oversized monstrosity with a bigger hitbox to get in the way when clicking around for drops.

Nice

cannonlol.png

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Might be worth it to stock up on Cannonballs... anyone who trains smithing is only ever looking for the fastest/cheapest way to do it. Can't see anyone smithing any Cannonballs at all if this makes smithing faster.

Welp, here it is people - the big ground-breaking smithing update that is going to change combat as we know it. Oh wait... the massive update we had hoped for it just another way to train smithing, so you can continue making Rune Platebodies when you die and lose your Rune Platebody.

So much potential, so much waste of programming resources. (I like how wetstones have no use whatsoever)

They never said this was that update, and we all know how people dislike others putting words into other people's mouths. So why do just that?

Ceremonial sword smithing looks like it might actually be fun.

A few years ago Jagex said that they were looking for ways to train skills without creating massive piles of unsellable junk. I'll have to try it to see if the implementation is any good, but I'm happy that they are trying.

edit...

I think that it's cute how the stressed that it's good for "smiths of ALL levels", when in the BTS they explicitly said that it was only useful up to level 70.

Well, it is useful for all levels (excluding 99) in that it cheapens smithing exp considerably. Not so great if you're a 99 smith wishing it hadn't been a waste of time though.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Patch Notes

Graphical

•A spike no longer protrudes from werewolves when they transform.

•Climbing boots no longer stretch on females.

•Legs no longer disappear when performing a variety of actions.

•A black splat no longer appears when an aquanite launches its attack.

•Players now correctly run when playing the chinchompa defend animation.

•Players no longer run on magic carpet rides.

•Female witch outfits no longer stretch when leaning forward.

•A child in Meiyerditch has had his animations fixed.

Quests and Tasks

•The Gunnar's Ground quest has had its quest icon fixed in the Quest Overview.

•A typo in Elemental Workshop IV has been fixed.

•A typo in Fishing Contest in the Sinister Stranger’s dialogue has been fixed.

•A typo in the Prisoner of Glouphrie Quest Journal has been fixed.

Miscellaneous

•Trying to retrieve the book from Elemental Workshop III from your POH bookshelf now gives you the correct book.

•Several references to ‘adamantite’ and ‘runite’ bars have been corrected to adamant and rune bars.

•All elemental shields now correctly block against a skeletal wyvern's ice breath.

•A typo in the Crafting skill guide has been fixed.

•The golden hammer can now be used to smith brutal arrows.

•Trying to alchemise with too many coins in your inventory will no longer drop coins to the floor.

•Loot from highwaymen now appears after they have fully died.

•The blessed vambraces from Treasure Trails have had their Summoning bonus increased to +6, in line with black vambraces.

•It is no longer possible to purchase bottles of wine through the Grand Exchange.

•The Adventurer's Log now refers to Armadyl chainskirts by their correct name.

•Tears of Guthix has been updated to deal with a single player whose XP total was too high.

•Icefiends now correctly drop impious ashes.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

They never said this was that update, and we all know how people dislike others putting words into other people's mouths. So why do just that?

Ceremonial sword smithing looks like it might actually be fun.

jagexsux.png

Didn't even bother to read the main news, just the titles. Scrolled down to look for "In other news..."

I do that for every single update nowadays :thumbdown: Disappointed that there was nothing else besides this update...

Ah well we all knew it wouldnt be what they originally told us however putting that aside this is quite a lot of new content added to the game. I dont know how good or not it is yet but there seems to be quite a bit of it. On its own without any other previous info I would see this as a pretty big and good update. Anyhoo.. as for my score. (without using it but my judging it on what they told us thats been released.. which is good enough for this kinda update.)

Update itself.. 6.8. Fact that they lied - minus say about 15. So overall I give it a -8.2 out of 10. (Im sorry to developers etc its probably not so much your fault in this case. It was your boss.)

I dont know what effect on cannon is yet but just from that picture above alone... o_0 I think I look into it later today.. Not too sure about it ha. :unsure:

All elemental shields now correctly block against a skeletal wyvern's ice breath.

Oh wow. Elemental shields have exactly one use in the entire game, and Jagex forgot to add it to some of them.

They can be so dumb.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

XP rates?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top