Smithing update

mister_moocky

The new cannon looks awful and all the smithing update did was speed up experience. You can now level your useless skill faster, to reach nothing. This is what it took Jagex well over a year to come up with? Smithing still only has purpose in dungeonering, this update changed nothing.

quit

Support! Atleast give the cannon some cool properties like the ability to fire 2,5%-5% faster or similar.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

Say what you like about the cannon, but it's a darn sight more realistic. Despite the fact the cannonball storage is still a bit weird.

How on earth are you ever going to make smithing worthwhile again? You won't especially not if you just focus on combat.

I'm not an efficienado.

i don't expect anything useful from updates anymore

what gives you the idea that jagex makes good updates?

just be happy with what you have right now

jagex rarely produces good updates and anticipating them will kill you

i don't expect anything useful from updates anymore

what gives you the idea that jagex makes good updates?

just be happy with what you have right now

jagex rarely produces good updates and anticipating them will kill you

This. I pay money to access some of the existing content; nothing else.

In any case, I agree with OP.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Probably because you've outgrown most of the content.

I don't understand how that applies to the OP's rant at all. Are you saying that he's outgrown wanting a better smithing update? How in the world does that work? It can't be that he's outgrown the existing smithing update, because for that to be the case the update would have to be useful and there'd have to be something in it to outgrow, which there isn't, so what the hell are you talking about?

Also, inb4 you turn this into an efficiency argument for the umpteenth time.

dgs5.jpg

Either way, before this turns into an argument, this update sucks. We wanted new REWARDS, not crappy content with exp rewards that aren't much better, if better at all, than the current methods.

I'm also agreeing with blade that the new cannon look is a much bigger pain with seeds because the whole ground below the cannon is covered by the base now.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I agree the new cannon is terrible; makes me think a little too much of WoW-style graphics. For the record, I think the cartoony WoW graphics are just an eyesore and a blemish on the face of serious MMOs.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Who cares about the cannon's looks? I'm mildly happy about this update because if I wanted to train smithing I would now have a better way of doing so. Then again, I don't train smithing often. A pity - my early RS days were all about mining and smithing, how I kept mining to make bars to make armor to be able to make better armor... but okay, that's beside the point.

About smithing, yes, what the skill really needs is new content. However, it isn't easy to make good content. I, for one, don't want another super untradeable skill perk unlocked at 95 smithing. If we went that way, then average and somewhat above average players would no longer stand a chance of doing anything eventually. If such content is to be introduced it should begin from a medium level (70-75) and should not get overpowered even at the end (example: curses are not particularly useful until 92, then suddenly it gets insane).

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Who cares about the cannon's looks? I'm mildly happy about this update because if I wanted to train smithing I would now have a better way of doing so. Then again, I don't train smithing often. A pity - my early RS days were all about mining and smithing, how I kept mining to make bars to make armor to be able to make better armor... but okay, that's beside the point.

About smithing, yes, what the skill really needs is new content. However, it isn't easy to make good content. I, for one, don't want another super untradeable skill perk unlocked at 95 smithing. If we went that way, then average and somewhat above average players would no longer stand a chance of doing anything eventually. If such content is to be introduced it should begin from a medium level (70-75) and should not get overpowered even at the end (example: curses are not particularly useful until 92, then suddenly it gets insane).

When the new cannon look makes it take up twice as much space as it did before, I care a lot about the looks, and have a reason to bloody hate it. This isn't the dragon scimitar where people complain about jagex changing the looks, with people both for and against the change; by changing the size of the cannon, you change the mechanics of how they are used.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Oh okay. I guess that cannon problem makes sense then, although TBH I always find herb drops a pain anyway, so I click the seed then the bones.

The smithing update was what I expected. i was looking forward to it. I am satisfied.

I'm not an efficienado.

Oh okay. I guess that cannon problem makes sense then, although TBH I always find herb drops a pain anyway, so I click the seed then the bones.

The smithing update was what I expected. i was looking forward to it. I am satisfied.

You expected it to be more expensive and slower exp than normal smithing? Okay.

dgs5.jpg

Atleast the cannon glitch is good while it lasts.

hmm?

For a few hours, you were able to use a cannon without regulations.

So you could use it at Kuradal's Dungeon, Chaos Tunnels, GWD, etc.

Actually, a little look inside the Artisans' Workshop left me pretty unhappy as what I found out was that this update, once again, sucks. I'd like to stress again that I'm not the stereotypical ranter who whines about every update no matter what it is like, but lately there have been more and more updates like this. Wasn't this advertised as a free minigame? I seem to recall reading something like "you just need a hammer, they'll provide you the rest". Turns out that in reality, what we got was a more expensive and not a bit faster training method (above level 70 anyways, I didn't care to test the lower levels extensively) compared to old-school smithing. I mean, trying to create the best possible sword is cool as a minigame for a while, but in the end, this update delivered nothing and clearly was poorly, hastily planned. I blew away like 400k on iron ore (no coal or anything! Just plain iron ceremonial swords) and ended up gaining like 50k exp in the end despite the fact that I performed well. I think prayer has better gp/xp rates than that.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

hmm?

share plz

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

hmm?

share plz

hmm?

Literally 2 posts above you :s

hmm?

share plz

hmm?

Literally 2 posts above you :s

ahaa.

.: Tzara :.

.: Proud member of The Death Monkeighs :.

ooklove_zps4d22c159.gif
Recruiting Team Member of TDM