Revenge on a hacker?

manitstinks

On top of that, the people who created this program would have to sort through all the pictures to piece together your pin.

Not really... it could be set up to only save a screenshot of windows with "Runescape" in the name, or we could go even further and check for a small unique portion which only(and always) shows at the PIN entry screen.

I'm fairly sure litter bug was referencing the fact the numbers move about the button you click has its number hidden and since text for image reading tech is rather shakey at the best of time still these days the hacker isn't likely to have tech to do this and as such would have to look at the images themselves to suss which nubmer is missing and therfore being pressed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having a bank pin is a must!!!!!!!!! I don't think a key logger can log this cuz you haven't typed it.

Maybe not a keylogger, but what about a program that takes a screenshot each time a mouse button is pressed?

? That sounds pretty insane

Your computer would have to

a.) Take a screenshot on every single button you press/type

b.) Send it to a remote source

It sounds pretty interesting, but it probably wouldn't work.

Other then the insane lagging you'll get every time you click, the screenshot would have to be the very instant you click something - and if it lags even a little, you'll get a picture of the flashing bank numbers.

On top of that, the people who created this program would have to sort through all the pictures to piece together your pin.

Sounds a little farfetched to be honest.

It works. Remember, picture quality can easily be resized, and quality lowered, you can easily get the keylogger to start taking pictures after the victim runs a specific software based on a wildcard like "runescape*" or writes the phrase "runescape".

edit: In case you wondered, i mean that the program can easily take many low quality pictures over, lets say 6 minutes from when a given phrase has been typed. Then take 4-6 pictures everysecond, and slowly upload them to a ftp server, then make a movie out of it.

Should have got norton security,then you proberlly wouldn't have got hacked,it's your own fault,like people have already said you don't just get hacked,you have done something to get hacked,but having a bank pin is a must!!!!!!!!! I don't think a key logger can log this cuz you haven't typed it.

Troll.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

This is going to turn into "the compleate guide on how to hack someone"

1- install a key logger on your victims computer

2- install this software to automatically capture the victims PIN

3-???

4- Laugh histerrically

5- WIN

6- Take a victory swig of what ever drink you may have.

7- Feel slightly bad for the victim

8- ???

9- talk to your mum about the possibility of your voice breaking one day

10- log onto your runescape account only to find that you have been hacked.

Society wins.

user1-dark.png

Wow this went from how can I report the ip address to how I can get a bank pin. Just so you all know, my cousin called me and told me my name had been changed to "thanks4 600m". That's when I knew I had been hacked. I changed my password a week ago so I didn't even tell anyone my password. I looked at my documents and [cabbage] and saw no downloaded files during that time frame. But I digress and the question remains. How can I report this damn ip address to Jagex. I looked everywhere on the Runescape main page. There is no option for sending anything. Some seriously bad customer support right there.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

having a bank pin is a must!!!!!!!!! I don't think a key logger can log this cuz you haven't typed it.

Maybe not a keylogger, but what about a program that takes a screenshot each time a mouse button is pressed?

? That sounds pretty insane

Your computer would have to

a.) Take a screenshot on every single button you press/type

b.) Send it to a remote source

It sounds pretty interesting, but it probably wouldn't work.

Other then the insane lagging you'll get every time you click, the screenshot would have to be the very instant you click something - and if it lags even a little, you'll get a picture of the flashing bank numbers.

Sounds a little farfetched to be honest.

It works. Remember, picture quality can easily be resized, and quality lowered, you can easily get the keylogger to start taking pictures after the victim runs a specific software based on a wildcard like "runescape*" or writes the phrase "runescape".

edit: In case you wondered, i mean that the program can easily take many low quality pictures over, lets say 6 minutes from when a given phrase has been typed. Then take 4-6 pictures everysecond, and slowly upload them to a ftp server, then make a movie out of it.

Should have got norton security,then you proberlly wouldn't have got hacked,it's your own fault,like people have already said you don't just get hacked,you have done something to get hacked,but having a bank pin is a must!!!!!!!!! I don't think a key logger can log this cuz you haven't typed it.

Troll.

Tell me how I am trolling?I am giving advice on how not to get hacked just like all the other people of this topic,

I said to get a bank pin,that would have stopped the hacker being able to get into his bank.

I also said to get good anti spyware.

So tell me how was my post trolling??

Yeah norton paid version picks up only like 50% of the stuff some of the best free ones do.

It absolutely hogs system RAM to the masses.

It is known to have issues with causing some program installations and updates to completely spazz out.

And even if you uninstall it it hides (much like a virus) and one day you turn ur system on to find norton telling you it is installing a scanner, no cancel or confirmation screens jsut I AM DOING THIS

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I use AVG internet security their free one is one of the best on free-av market and their paid one rawks also.

Can be a bit RAM heavy for older systems, particularly when doing scans. But anyone with 2gb+ ram shouldn't notice it at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But what much is there to say than:

1)get good anti spyware/anti virus software

2)if you go on any runescape related websites,don't download anything from them.

3)get a bank pin

4)run weakly ant-virus scams

5)register recovery questions

6)don't fall for those fake jegex emails,

That's what I think will help you not to get your rs account hacked.

Best rated free antivirus currently: Microsoft Security Essentials (requires genuine windows installation)

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

I use AVG internet security their free one is one of the best on free-av market and their paid one rawks also.

Can be a bit RAM heavy for older systems, particularly when doing scans. But anyone with 2gb+ ram shouldn't notice it at all.

I also use AVG, it's free, amazing and with my computer... no problem. I love it and have NO problems with it.. :thumbsup: Scans even playing runescape and I hardly lag. Love it. :shades:

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

What's a good AV to consider anyway?

Or rather what are you guys using.

Along with NikolaiH, I'd also strongly recommend Microsoft Security Essentials. I've had it running on my laptop for a good 18 months now and coming from using other anti-virus software it's a breath of fresh air to note how lightly it runs. It is highly recommended at techie website such as LifeHacker et al.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Avast.

if you have a serious problem use combofix and malwarebytes.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Avast.

if you have a serious problem use combofix and malwarebytes.

If you have a serious problem you should reinstall the computer, if not, Microsoft Security Essentials is enough, Avast = lotso complicated settings, less efficient and some gay voice.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger

"Hackers" don't always give you keyloggers and find out your password like that. If you put enough info up about yourself on the web they can easily figure out your recovery questions and other info that they need to recover your account (country/state, internet provider, when you started playing, if you moved country,etc) be careful what you put up on the net and you shouldn't get "hacked".

There is not much you can do to the hacker as if he is in any way smart he will use a proxy to hide his real ip.

C1Geq.png