The Decline of Santas

Nunquam

Five years later this is a funny thread. What are Santa Hats now - over 100 million?

5m 5 years ago was worth bloody much more than 100m nowadays. inflation is just crazy...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I was like 'wtf am I reading' until I saw the dates #-o

Apparently there were already severe complaints about hoarding back then. If those people are still playing they must go bat[cabbage] crazy about the current rare situation.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Five years later this is a funny thread. What are Santa Hats now - over 100 million?

5m 5 years ago was worth bloody much more than 100m nowadays. inflation is just crazy...

I don't think so. 100M today is still worth a lot more than 5M five years ago, unless you're going to assume 2000% inflation in five years...

Why the hell was this 5 year thread bumped?

It was bumped to show the irony of the situation at hand in todays rare market, they are over 100m now - no one expected that. (Yes, I know this is a stretch it was probably just bumped to show "LOL SANTAS WER ONLY 5M BACK DEN LAWL").

Irregardless, it is a interesting concept to keep track of, as santas (on occasion) actually fall during most of the month of December, then buyout for 2 days and crash before New Year's. (As far as I remember, but please feel free to prove me wrong. I haven't owned a Santa in years.)

Happy Holidays

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

Chessy dumped then.

Proof? I don't think someone with that many santas will be impetuous to sell all of them

at once.

That was obvious sarcasm.

But anyways, they always crash in Xmas. Everyone assumes everyone is going to want them for Xmas, when in fact, NO ONE WANTS THEM FOR XMAS. So with everyone selling, and no one buying, they crash.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Chessy dumped then.

Proof? I don't think someone with that many santas will be impetuous to sell all of them

at once.

That was obvious sarcasm.

But anyways, they always crash in Xmas. Everyone assumes everyone is going to want them for Xmas, when in fact, NO ONE WANTS THEM FOR XMAS. So with everyone selling, and no one buying, they crash.

No no, EVERYONE wants them. :thumbup:

The reason they crash is because everyone is scared jagex will release "elf hat" which will pretty much be a green santa hat. It could happen.

O.O

threadnecro.jpg

It was bumped to show the irony of the situation at hand in todays rare market, they are over 100m now - no one expected that. (Yes, I know this is a stretch it was probably just bumped to show "LOL SANTAS WER ONLY 5M BACK DEN LAWL").

Irregardless, it is a interesting concept to keep track of, as santas (on occasion) actually fall during most of the month of December, then buyout for 2 days and crash before New Year's. (As far as I remember, but please feel free to prove me wrong. I haven't owned a Santa in years.)

Happy Holidays

that is not irony, and yes everyone expected that. the age old adage (at least since 2003 when i first became aware of discontinueds) of "it's discontinued, long term its price will go up up up" definitely applies to that.

threadnecro.jpg

Happy Holidays

that is not irony, and yes everyone expected that. the age old adage (at least since 2003 when i first became aware of discontinueds) of "it's discontinued, long term its price will go up up up" definitely applies to that.

.....?

1. How is that not ironic in consideration of today's rares market?

2. No one would have ever guessed, let alone had a viable reason (at the time the post was made several years ago) that santas would breach 100m, especially when the most sought after p-hat was no where near that value.

Cool post though?

untitled1.png

Join "Liked" for trustworthy dicing!

[spoiler=Quote Train]

threadnecro.jpg

Happy Holidays

.....?

1. How is that not ironic in consideration of today's rares market?

2. No one would have ever guessed, let alone had a viable reason (at the time the post was made several years ago) that santas would breach 100m, especially when the most sought after p-hat was no where near that value.

Cool post though?

irony

[ahy-ruh-nee]

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, How nice! when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Just because it's worth a lot more, no one expected it to lose value only to see it gain more and more value.

No one suspected that d bones would reach 5k either, people have always expected it to rise but the massive inflation has only served to make the price seem even more ridiculous.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Merchanters = stupid

plain and simple.. they ruin the game for everyone who plays to play, not just be rich.

theres no need to go insulting merchanters, some people play runescape only for the merchanting aspect, and whoever wants to play to play they can do that what are merchants doing to stop them??? and your claim that merchanters are stupid is really stupid... its discrimination.

obviously merchants

I don't think so. 100M today is still worth a lot more than 5M five years ago, unless you're going to assume 2000% inflation in five years...

2000% is probably an underestimate tbh.

I mean back then coal and lobsters were like the best money maker in the entire game and even then they were like 50k gp an hour at best.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I mean back then coal and lobsters were like the best money maker in the entire game and even then they were like 50k gp an hour at best.

i don't recall coal/lobsters being the best money makers in the game, ever.

They were better then, but they were never near the best.

and i started playing RS when santas were around 200k gp/hour

Naaxi.png

if they hit 3m even, i'll get a fistful of them :P

then just sit on them...until they hit 10m each...

that could take years.

who cares. someday i'll make 50mil profit off of them ;)

Imagine if this guy knew that they would hit 100m one day....

Merchanting was always the best way to make money I suppose?

And you know when you're mind is filled with efficiency when you say santas are 200k gp/HOUR. lol :lol:

Staurolite.png

Merchanting was always the best way to make money I suppose?

And you know when you're mind is filled with efficiency when you say santas are 200k gp/HOUR. lol :lol:

*facepalm* sorry, I meant 200k :P

Naaxi.png