Left 4 Dead

Bloodredsword

Witches are pretty easy if handled correctly, I'd much rather see a Witch on expert rather than a Tank. Molotov her and then all 4 concentrate your fire onto her. Aslong as everyone does their job, she should go down. Unfortunetly sometimes she gets startled while you're trying to clear.. The best option then is to say a prayer, then start running and shooting and hoping she goes down. Tanks on the over hand... Gah! Buggers almost always ruin our almost perfect runs on Expert :(

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Witches are pretty easy if handled correctly, I'd much rather see a Witch on expert rather than a Tank. Molotov her and then all 4 concentrate your fire onto her. Aslong as everyone does their job, she should go down. Unfortunetly sometimes she gets startled while you're trying to clear.. The best option then is to say a prayer, then start running and shooting and hoping she goes down. Tanks on the over hand... Gah! Buggers almost always ruin our almost perfect runs on Expert :(

I find tanks pretty easy, as long as you arent complete berks about it and youre not in a disadvantageous surrounding [i.e. closed space] all you need to do is make sure to keep a safe distance and pelt him with anything and everything. He makes mincemeat of anyone who has fallen at his wake, though, so its pretty much an instant death should he down anyone. Witches are just "OH GOD WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS JESUS CHRIST" and highly erratic.

knkcopy.jpg

I find tanks pretty easy, as long as you arent complete berks about it and youre not in a disadvantageous surrounding [i.e. closed space] all you need to do is make sure to keep a safe distance and pelt him with anything and everything. He makes mincemeat of anyone who has fallen at his wake, though, so its pretty much an instant death should he down anyone. Witches are just "OH GOD WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS JESUS CHRIST" and highly erratic.

Played it on Expert (hardest difficulty) yet? That's where tanks become a BIG problem if not handled right, and they're damn hard to handle usually, never killed one without losing a man. Witches on the other hand, not so bad usually.

Played it on Expert (hardest difficulty) yet? That's where tanks become a BIG problem if not handled right, and they're damn hard to handle usually, never killed one without losing a man. Witches on the other hand, not so bad usually.

Yep. But of the 3 times I have, ive only ever run into a single tank. So maybe its just the figures dont match up, since ive had less encounters ive therefore had less failures, but I really didnt find him too taxing. Like I said, it really depends on your surroundings when you do bump into one. But ive always found witches to be overly angsty.

knkcopy.jpg

Yep. But of the 3 times I have, ive only ever run into a single tank. So maybe its just the figures dont match up, since ive had less encounters ive therefore had less failures, but I really didnt find him too taxing. Like I said, it really depends on your surroundings when you do bump into one. But ive always found witches to be overly angsty.

Well yea, if you can get them in a good spot they're not too bad, but all depends what your team mates do. We once got him into a train car, 2 people on either side, when he ran at one pair, they ran back while shooting and the other pair chased and shot, when he turned around to chase the other pair, they also ran back and shot. Worked pretty well.

Witches though.. Get some high ground or be ready to run. I don't think they're too bad at all, some times though.. Bad things happen and they kill all of you. Oh and if you ever meet one in the last room in the demo, the minigun/turret will do some serious damage on her very quickly.

CE, they indeed ARE fun :D

you need to get the whole team geared up with hunting rifles, point blank on her head, and shoot on the count of ten.. FLAWLESS VICTORY!

well

theoretcially..

most times we attack her, and she kills one person. only to run off and show her cowardice afterwards :mrgreen:

FYI, she's invincible before she wakes up.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

She only goes for the person who startled her first, so people say getting team mates to block the witch can work.

I was in a 4-player XBL game and it was great. My team was new, so I gave them a word of advice before we started. "You might see a girl crying on the ground at some point. She's infected, but just listen. If you see one, don't walk too close to her, turn off your flashlight, don't talk, and for God's sake, DO NOT ATTACK HER." The level went well, we had a teamate get attacked by a Hunter, but that was quickly resolved. Near the end of the subway, sure enough, we come across a Witch. Everyone stops talking and turns off their flashlight. But, of course, one idiot moves forward and shoots her. Two of us went down right away, and when the other two finally killed her, we couldn't help our teamates up because a huge horde swarmed in from every angle.

The moral of the story: DON'T MESS WITH THE WITCH!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

DON'T MESS WITH THE WITCH!

I'm all for that, if she doesn't spawn in awkward places. Which is one thing that worrys me, there is demerit for alerting the witch in the full game. How do you not startle her if she's out side the god damn spawn door?

DON'T MESS WITH THE WITCH!

I'm all for that, if she doesn't spawn in awkward places. Which is one thing that worrys me, there is demerit for alerting the witch in the full game. How do you not startle her if she's out side the god damn spawn door?

shoot her through the door :D

(well, through the wall, spawn doors can't be shot through)

Headshotcatcher.png

I see what you guys are saying. I just found this post on IGN.

I was at the end of the second demo level with my friends and we successfully held back the horde. As we're walking upstairs doing a victory celebration over our mic's, we see a Witch literally two feet away from the Safe Room

Needless to say, it did not end well for us.. The Witch on Expert just does not play around!

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I was at the end of the second demo level with my friends and we successfully held back the horde. As we're walking upstairs doing a victory celebration over our mic's, we see a Witch literally two feet away from the Safe Room

Needless to say, it did not end well for us.. The Witch on Expert just does not play around!

when i reach the end with a good group i'm mostly the biggest danger <3:

(shotgun + teammates = a heck of a lot of fun :D)

Headshotcatcher.png

Ive had her spawn in the only train carriage that you actually have to go through. So not only was there no way around her, there was also no cover or anywhere to run to. It was a case of shoot her and hope she dove onto one of my team mates. But she sort of just went BLARGH and ran out the other side. Many lol wut were to be had.

Unfortunately we went out of the frying pan and straight into a tank which cornered us all. NOT AS PLANNED.

Haha, ive done this before. My group of - what id imagine were - new players had finally reached the exit and they were all shouting at me to get in but all I said was "NO" and blew their face off with my rifle.

Needless to say they werent too pleased, but I found it rather amusing.

knkcopy.jpg

Ive had her spawn in the only train carriage that you actually have to go through. So not only was there no way around her, there was also no cover or anywhere to run to. It was a case of shoot her and hope she dove onto one of my team mates. But she sort of just went BLARGH and ran out the other side. Many lol wut were to be had.

Unfortunately we went out of the frying pan and straight into a tank which cornered us all. NOT AS PLANNED.

Haha, ive done this before. My group of - what id imagine were - new players had finally reached the exit and they were all shouting at me to get in but all I said was "NO" and blew their face off with my rifle.

Needless to say they werent too pleased, but I found it rather amusing.

Reminds me when I played on expert, we were picking off the zombies from inside the spawn room, me using the pump shotty, and just as I fired, a team mate walked into my line of fire. Now, a shotgun at point blank to the face on Expert is not pretty. Needless to say we wasted 1 med pack before we even got out of the damn spawn room >.>

I don't know how many people here are getting this game, but I made a group called TIFourDead on Steam. Figured the since game is much more fun to play with people you're familiar with - and there isn't really any easy way to check who owns the game in the other TIF group - so might as well create a separate group for us. Post a link to your Steam profile if you want an invite!

2009rb9.jpg

I don't know how many people here are getting this game, but I made a group called TIFourDead on Steam. Figured the since game is much more fun to play with people you're familiar with - and there isn't really any easy way to check who owns the game in the other TIF group - so might as well create a separate group for us. Post a link to your Steam profile if you want an invite!

Add Headshotcatcher

I'm downloading the demo now. Is there split-screen co-op on the Xbox? Also, does anyone have it and want to play?

There is splitscreen on the xbox, and also splitscreen on the pc. (One plays with keyboard and mouse, other plays with xbox360 controller)

And sure, I'd like to play, add me. (Headshotcatcher)

Headshotcatcher.png

Just finished downloading and playing it a bit on PC, haha holy [cabbage]. This is an incredible incredible game. Expert is the only way, of course.

And I love how each play through feels different.