so what the hell is this and why is this ruining my bonus xp weekend?

glitzern

ok, i haven't played in a long ass time, but i still know these are random events. i've just never seen this one before, and i seem to have the luck of jagex giving me this when i'm just starting out my bonus xp weekend.

maze.png

i'm not kidding when i say i've been there for 10 minutes already. i keep getting stuck and everything looks like the same goddamn thing.

the bonus exp timer doesn't run while i'm in a half-assed random event like this one, right? because if not i'm boycotting this game for another 5 years again.

Maze is like the eaisest random ever.

The doors r clearly different from the walls and all you gotta do is head inwards; it won't let u open a door if its not the right way and theres only loike 1 route in so it only takes like 1min or so to beat it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

well you are 0% you can just talk to the old man and he'll let you out

yeah i just did this and he teleported me to the dwarven mines. sigh. and i just managed to waste all my 2.7 exp multipliier. thanks jagex. lol

yeah i just did this and he teleported me to the dwarven mines. sigh. and i just managed to waste all my 2.7 exp multipliier. thanks jagex. lol

If you've been there for 10 minutes that's nowhere close to all of your bonus XP. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?

I misstook your account for a bot ahahaha

sidebar, I wouldnt worry too much about it, if you training at dwarven mines, im sure you couldnt have had much planned for the weekend.

sidebar, I wouldnt worry too much about it, if you training at dwarven mines, im sure you couldnt have had much planned for the weekend.

He got teled to a random location for failing the event I assume.

If you've been there for 10 minutes that's nowhere close to all of your bonus XP. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?

by the time i made the topic i'd already been there 10 minutes. before i figured out the guy could take me out by talking to him i was still running around frantically in the endless stream of dead ends

He got teled to a random location for failing the event I assume.

Ah, correct. I still stand by what I said.

Wow, you have to be pretty dense not to run trough that random in less than 1 minute.

well, unlike you, i'm not familiar with the maze. i never even knew this exists. the first thing i tried to do was make out the route in the little map thing, but doors aren't marked there. i tried to jump over the rocks or whatever at random, only finding out the doors almost a minute in. everything looks the same, i didn't know which route to take, so i kept going farther from the center. i saw other people run through the maze and they were going the opposite way, so i go in, only to get suck in several dead ends and in some sort of limbo because i was sure i've been through there before but there were no other doors.

so yes, call me "dense" because i'm not familiar with something that's obvious to someone who plays more often. very smart.

Wow, you have to be pretty dense not to run trough that random in less than 1 minute.

well, unlike you, i'm not familiar with the maze. i never even knew this exists. the first thing i tried to do was make out the route in the little map thing, but doors aren't marked there. i tried to jump over the rocks or whatever at random, only finding out the doors almost a minute in. everything looks the same, i didn't know which route to take, so i kept going farther from the center. i saw other people run through the maze and they were going the opposite way, so i go in, only to get suck in several dead ends and in some sort of limbo because i was sure i've been through there before but there were no other doors.

so yes, call me "dense" because i'm not familiar with something that's obvious to someone who plays more often. very smart.

1) You say you played 5 years ago? Maze was in-game and far more common then

2) Every spot you start in you can see atleast 1 door, which are visually different to the walls and each section is so small theres no way u can go for a while minute without spotting a door.

3) The pass (open?) option says "pass wall" "pass door" which kinda gives away if ur clicking a wall.

4) Each room has at most 3 doors to it, the vast majority only have 2. So route options are rather slim.

5) Doors that are not on route don;t let you go through them

6) The dialogue at the start tells you to "reach the centre of the maze"

so all in all yes you are rather dense.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

1) You say you played 5 years ago? Maze was in-game and far more common then

i made my account in '01. i honestly don't remember any random events from when they were introduced, though. maybe i played it through, but lol @ trying to recall a simple event 5 years later. especially from a trivial game.

2) Every spot you start in you can see atleast 1 door, which are visually different to the walls and each section is so small theres no way u can go for a while minute without spotting a door.

the oors are the same color. i wasn't even aware i was supposed to be LOOKING for a door. you can click on the walls, so naturally i assumed it had something to do with that. can you see any doors in my picture? yeah, it's not my starting position, and correct me if i'm wrong, but the starting position is just as random since other people began the event at other points in the maze.

3) The pass (open?) option says "pass wall" "pass door" which kinda gives away if ur clicking a wall.

umm... what? sorry but i can't figure out what you're saying in this trainwreck of a sentence. coming from someone who's english isn't even his native language. stay in school boyo.

4) Each room has at most 3 doors to it, the vast majority only have 2. So route options are rather slim.

doesn't change the fact that i was in a dead end, and i kept walking back and fort and saw NO doors, and didn't know how far back i had to go, while still not being sure if there WERE actually doors because i was in such a hurry.

5) Doors that are not on route don;t let you go through them

you serious? there were so many different entrances it felt like there were dozens of routes, with the big ass maze on the map not helping.

lmao. look kid, i don't know if you've ever actually tried to finish one of those simple mazes on the games section on the newspaper or whatever, but sometimes, and try to keep up, sometimes you actually have to go farther from the objective in order to find another way. surprising isn't it? and you have the balls to call ME dense?

Your arguments are flawed.

Yes the doors are the same colour, but they are notable different. And Why would you NOT be looking for a door? It's pretty obvious you can't wlak through a wall.

3 makes perfect sense. When you mouse over anything corner of the screen shows you what left-click will do. They say Pass Waal or Pass Door, which makes doors even easier to find.

You can't be in a "dead end" there's only like 5 routes through the maze, and they don't let you go off track. If a door isn't on route, it won;t let you open it.

There equally aren't "dozens of entrances" pretty much every room has 1 door leading away from the centre, 1 door leading too the centre. The few with 3 doors mostly only have 1 door leading to the centre. Given the goal of reaching the centre this makes routing very straight forward.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

lmao. look kid, i don't know if you've ever actually tried to finish one of those simple mazes on the games section on the newspaper or whatever, but sometimes, and try to keep up, sometimes you actually have to go farther from the objective in order to find another way. surprising isn't it? and you have the balls to call ME dense?

It doesn't matter what "OTHER" mazes in "OTHER" areas of the world tell you to do.

When you enter the maze, it specifically tells you to reach the center.

I'm sorry you wasted your timer because you couldn't figure out a random that should only take a minute at most, but it's far from Jagex's fault, as well as anyones here.

He doesn't need balls to call you dense, because that's honestly what you're being in this thread right now.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I can see two doors in your picture. To Sy, just let it go man, and to the OP, it tells you to reach the center, the doors ARE visible, it's not exactly rocket science when the pathways are so narrow, you can either go left or right, you're bound to see a door within seconds, and it tells you if you go the wrong way. Sure, it's just a game, so then why are you getting mad? It's bonus exp, just be glad you GET bonus xp.

Please everyone involved, let's stop with the flaming. Serves no purpose, and will get this thread locked if it continues.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Please everyone involved, let's stop with the flaming. Serves no purpose, and will get this thread locked if it continues.

This should be locked anyways...or at least moved to rants.

This isn't asking for help or advice on anything, it's simply someone getting mad at the maze.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

lmao... the reading comprehension of everyone - literally every single person who has actually tried to put a counterargument for this has pretty much done nothing.

sy person, you just repeated every single point i refuted in my earlier post. honestly, don't even bother. in fact, the hypocrisy is so astounding i have a feeling you don't even know what dense means.

for people saying to move this to rants, yeah, feel free to do so, but the original point of this topic was for help regarding the maze.

@ vulxai. yeah, it's a maze. but when you're on a rush to finish a maze you had no idea it even existed, with everything in the same color, not aware that there was only one route, you have no idea how long this really is, etc, then that's another deal entirely.

i'm going to try to say this without coming off as troll-ish as possible - how old are you guys? so far, all you've done is adamantly defend the game at any cost and fail to see things from my point of view. it's sad, the community of this game hasn't changed one bit since i was a regular player.

the point - chill out. this wasn't a rant in the first place. i got out of the maze. feel free to lock this. all i'm getting are a bunch of flames for somehow not knowing how to deal with this random event anyway.

@ vulxai. yeah, it's a maze. but when you're on a rush to finish a maze you had no idea it even existed, with everything in the same color, not aware that there was only one route, you have no idea how long this really is, etc, then that's another deal entirely.

Granted everything is the same color, the gates are far visually different from the walls, when in reality, the walls are a different shade of gray from the gates, if you want to get technical. You don't have to be aware there's only one route, go through the doors and work your way to the center. Granted you weren't aware of it, there isn't only one path every time, it's random each time.

i'm going to try to say this without coming off as troll-ish as possible - how old are you guys? so far, all you've done is adamantly defend the game at any cost and fail to see things from my point of view.

Considering I'm a father, in the National Guard, and college credits, my age doesn't seem to be a factor, nor does anyone's age. I've seen 15 year olds act much more mature than users in their late 20's. It's a personal thing, not an age thing. And there really isn't two points of view here. None of us are "defending" the game, we're pointing out that the gates are different than the walls. I was able to see two of them in your picture alone, and if you rotate the camera, I can guarantee you'd see more. Yes, it's a shame it happened right away, but again, it's just a game, and Jagex doesn't have to give you bonus xp.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~