Females playing RS?

Jinx1594

To all the girls playing this site, did it ever happen that you were asked if you were "really a girl" or accused of pretending to be one to get attention? I'm 100% female in real life and my character on Runescape wears a skirt and has long hair, which means I get a lot of those questions or accusations, so much so that I just ignore it now and continue on with whatever it is I'm doing at the moment. Either that, or I'm asked out... creepy much? Anyway, I'm probably being over-dramatic, but it's still an interesting conversation topic, right? So, what's with the stereotype that girls can't play Runescape and what are some of your experiences in the game? Whether your a girl or not, go ahead and share!

2buzaw.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no girls on the internet.

But seriously, the game you play is filled with, more than likely mostly males, and half of them are hornier than full dragon kit (sp), and the other half are just immature.

I know a lot of females who play. I also have friends who play as females because they do, on rare occcasions, get free s***

There are no girls on the internet.

Now seriously, there probably are, but they don't mention it because they know that some immature moron will give them crap. Just like why you don't say how old you are, your religion, sexual orientation, favorite brand of toaster.... For every opinion, choice, or attribute you might have, there are probably at least 2 dozen jerks on the internet willing to flame you for it.

a70c7.png

To all the girls playing this site, did it ever happen that you were asked if you were "really a girl" or accused of pretending to be one to get attention? I'm 100% female in real life and my character on Runescape wears a skirt and has long hair, which means I get a lot of those questions or accusations, so much so that I just ignore it now and continue on with whatever it is I'm doing at the moment. Either that, or I'm asked out... creepy much? Anyway, I'm probably being over-dramatic, but it's still an interesting conversation topic, right? So, what's with the stereotype that girls can't play Runescape and what are some of your experiences in the game? Whether your a girl or not, go ahead and share!

You'll get this kind of thing on many online games.

The loudest people are 12 year olds that can't grasp the fact that their view of the world is a sorely limited one. (Apologies to all intelligent 12-year-olds, I know you exist.)

Castle of Zoltar

The stereotype comes in large part to:

- Many boys online not used to interaction with females, and are unable to fathom such an occurrence.

- The "special" guys who like to pretend to be girls, which in the end makes everyone skeptical, and proves you can't trust anyone (especially online)

Actually, a number of the girls I know who play Runescape choose male characters just to avoid the odd attention they would otherwise receive. Sadly, it makes sense to do so.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I just ask them to dg. If they suck, I know they're female.

No, if Nintendo spends the entire dungeon hitting on them instead of keying, they're female.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It's an ongoing discussion believe me. :P

http://forum.tip.it/topic/226612-why-female-players-are-underepresented-in-runescape/

http://forum.tip.it/topic/239736-girls-dont-exist-on-runescape/

Honestly, I'm starting to back off on justifying my gender because if anything, a lot of the "doubt" comes from internet trolls. It's not to say I'm lying to myself about my gender, but rather I see no reason to even bother anymore because it does is add fuel for the trolls to play with. But I am happy to be a girl. :P If people don't want to accept the fact that girls exist, okay, let them think that and let them be so narrow minded. We got better things to worry about.

It does create some amusing situations... Just earlier today, someone said, "So Forsaken, I heard you like men," like that's supposed to be an insult. My response: "Yea, I'm a girl. So?" Troll: "Oh." :thumbup:

I actually don't receive much attention like that. Occasionally I get people who call me "babe" "baby" or "cutie" or something but it's rare.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I actually don't receive much attention like that. Occasionally I get people who call me "babe" "baby" or "cutie" or something but it's rare.

guys get called that too

ITT: people making a big deal out of people [bleep]ing with them

Yeah. Sadly the immature gaming world as we know it applies everywhere, Runescape is no exception.

That being said, I do hate it when people stereotype a gender like that. People like them should get over their social awkwardness and start talking to girls.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yeah. Sadly the immature gaming world as we know it applies everywhere, Runescape is no exception.

That being said, I do hate it when people stereotype a gender like that. People like them should get over their social awkwardness and start talking to girls.

irl

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Girls on the Internet, 30 requests a day from my sister and cousins for Farmville, yep.. they're here :P

This.

I knew some girls that played as male characters in order to avoid the unwanted attention.

My ex girl friend did this when we played runescape together.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

To a guy: a girl on the internet that plays any online game is like a girl, instead of trying to break his Black Ops game, would be the one asking if she could play too. Rare. And when such girl happens to appear (like myself), guys go "Omg no wai"

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

It's scary when you meet a hot girl in real life, then they say they play RuneScape.

Then you think, "Okay, they play RuneScape. That doesn't mean they're good. They're probably like level 13 with 200 Overall."

Then you add them and they have more 99's then you do.

Sad days.

It's scary when you meet a hot girl in real life, then they say they play RuneScape.

Then you think, "Okay, they play RuneScape. That doesn't mean they're good. They're probably like level 13 with 200 Overall."

Then you add them and they have more 99's then you do.

Sad days.

One of the ranks in a CC I help manage is a cheerleader with 3 99s. She's quite the looker too <3:

I wasn't "surprised" per se, but definitely taken aback. I'm sure the people who question gender just take those feelings and turn them into straight doubt.