Females playing RS?

Jinx1594

A good amount of people on my friend list have female characters. Never really bothered to ask any of them if they're same gender as their character, because really, I'm playing Runescape, not some crappy dating game.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good amount of people on my friend list have female characters. Never really bothered to ask any of them if they're same gender as their character, because really, I'm playing Runescape, not some crappy dating game.

Man, where have I been tbh

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Interestingly i've spent the last 2 weeks as a female character and noone has mentioned anything to me...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know?

One activity still has strict division in most western culture and one does not. It makes no sense to compare the two.

Disagree. Males wearing makeup has become much more prevalent in western society.

(Not that I would choose to :rolleyes: )

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18062886/ns/health-forbescom/

52% is still a far cry from acceptable, but I see your point. The comparison isn't as poor as I originally thought.

Actually, I've had many girls try to force me tow ear makeup and/or ask me why I was so reluctant to wear it. And by "many" I mean at least six in the course of two years.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know? As much as I'm all for girls playing games, the average girl might not want to put up with the pathetic advances, idiotic comments and general sexism that you get when you're a girl playing a game like Runescape.

A lot of the [developmentally delayed]s playing video games lack the social skills or don't have the balls to talk to girls irl

Disagree. Males wearing makeup has become much more prevalent in western society.

They have a mental illness :thumbup:

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know? As much as I'm all for girls playing games, the average girl might not want to put up with the pathetic advances, idiotic comments and general sexism that you get when you're a girl playing a game like Runescape.

A lot of the [developmentally delayed]s playing video games lack the social skills or don't have the balls to talk to girls irl

Hi Fornix, how's that anonymity going?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

hi nonamer, who are you?

The stereotype comes in large part to:

- Many boys online not used to interaction with females, and are unable to fathom such an occurrence.

- The "special" guys who like to pretend to be girls, which in the end makes everyone skeptical, and proves you can't trust anyone (especially online)

Actually, a number of the girls I know who play Runescape choose male characters just to avoid the odd attention they would otherwise receive. Sadly, it makes sense to do so.

Many Man Online Role Playing Girls, courtship is coded in our DNA and I personally know some aggressive females behaving the opposite as well.

I dont really know much about men and maybe this is abit offensive, but frankly if I see a guy proudly showing off his male character, my first reaction would be wondering is he a queer.

There are quite alot of females hardcores in gaming and some of them are housewifes. But for some reason many young men dont really like them much, unless they think flirting with something like "go back to your kitchen" is effective.

Hi spammer, how's that spamming going?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

But seriously, the game you play is filled with, more than likely mostly males, and half of them are hornier than full dragon kit (sp), and the other half are just immature.

I lol'd. :mrgreen:

To the OP:

As a female playing Runescape -- and in particular one who is older and has children -- I can tell you that there are a lot of women playing. You'd be surprised at number of "moms" who play the game. Most of them are like me, they got into playing because their children played. Now our children no longer play, and us moms are all hooked on it.

:lol:

nyuseg.png

But seriously, the game you play is filled with, more than likely mostly males, and half of them are hornier than full dragon kit (sp), and the other half are just immature.

To the OP:

As a female playing Runescape -- and in particular one who is older and has children -- I can tell you that there are a lot of women playing. You'd be surprised at number of "moms" who play the game. Most of them are like me, they got into playing because their children played. Now our children no longer play, and us moms are all hooked on it.

Such a good role model. :shame:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

To the OP:

Meh - I have a job, three kids, a husband, a car and a mortgage. I think I've earned some time to myself to have a little fun each night. :P

nyuseg.png

To the OP:

Meh - I have a job, three kids, a husband, a car and a mortgage. I think I've earned some time to myself to have a little fun each night. :P

That's not what the husband is for?

Also, the moms play RS and the kids quit playing. Coincidence?

go to the bathroom alone

this is partially true...

I saw two teenage girls walk out of the public restroom together where I work.

there's only one toilet in our restrooms.......

Lol. Sadly, that doesn't surprise me. Er, a lot. A lot of women seem to treat the bathroom as some strange form of social interaction. I think. I'm far from an expert on women...

Maybe more women would go on the internet if they had internet in bathrooms O.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

thisthreadagain.jpg

just messing with you, but yeeeaaaah....

It does create some amusing situations... Just earlier today, someone said, "So Forsaken, I heard you like men," like that's supposed to be an insult. My response: "Yea, I'm a girl. So?" Troll: "Oh." :thumbup:

So. Much. Win. :thumbup:

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Plenty of girls play rs.

not sure what this topic is about though, is it about girls dealing with sexists? About the reasons female players are rare? Or the general immaturity of most (male) runescapers and how they act towards girls?

Really I see little discussion value.

1.) Sexism on the internet - herp derp whats new?

2.) Inb4 someone gives a sexist reason such as girls have different interests - and female gamers start raging

3.) Guys on rs asking for a hot gf or general creeping on female players, what else new? when they arent doing that they are telling fart jokes

Not against this topic, I havent seen a thread on this topic in a while but its about as cliche and annoying a topic as UMG JAMFLEX BOTS R BACK FIX IT PLOX

no your not i already gave a sexistr reason. man sexism annoys me, girls are different to guys. girls that are more like guys have too much testosterone. from my experience in life all the girls ive known that have had similar interests than me have turned out to be lesbians/trannys. no joke :unsure:

plus rs is different to standard video games..

I've been playing this game for.. too many years. :P I really can't remember when I started. :blink: Anyways, I've always played as a female character (except for one one-hour stint where I tried being a male character). I've never really had problems with people hitting on me. :P Though I did notice when I was a male character for that hour or so, a lot less talking seemed to happen. :P The only real thing I've noticed about being female, is that I'm the only female whose been around my clan and hasn't left. A few of them left the clan because they didn't like the strict rules the clan keeps. (No swearing on the cc or irc channel's seemed to upset them most..)

I'm not sure whether or not I stuck to the point. I kind of just spouted whatever thoughts about being female runescape came into my head. :P

Blakdragon39.png