Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Females playing RS?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

Why is it that you don't find girls huddling around asking why more guys don't wear makeup? But guys ask why more girls don't play games? Y'know? As much as I'm all for girls playing games, the average girl might not want to put up with the pathetic advances, idiotic comments and general sexism that you get when you're a girl playing a game like Runescape.

A lot of the [developmentally delayed]s playing video games lack the social skills or don't have the balls to talk to girls irl

Disagree. Males wearing makeup has become much more prevalent in western society.

(Not that I would choose to :rolleyes: )

http://www.msnbc.msn...alth-forbescom/

They have a mental illness :thumbup:

Hi Fornix, how's that anonymity going?

Hi spammer, how's that spamming going?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Blyaunte

But seriously, the game you play is filled with, more than likely mostly males, and half of them are hornier than full dragon kit (sp), and the other half are just immature.

I lol'd. :mrgreen:

To the OP:

As a female playing Runescape -- and in particular one who is older and has children -- I can tell you that there are a lot of women playing. You'd be surprised at number of "moms" who play the game. Most of them are like me, they got into playing because their children played. Now our children no longer play, and us moms are all hooked on it.

:lol:

nyuseg.png

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

But seriously, the game you play is filled with, more than likely mostly males, and half of them are hornier than full dragon kit (sp), and the other half are just immature.

To the OP:

As a female playing Runescape -- and in particular one who is older and has children -- I can tell you that there are a lot of women playing. You'd be surprised at number of "moms" who play the game. Most of them are like me, they got into playing because their children played. Now our children no longer play, and us moms are all hooked on it.

Such a good role model. :shame:

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

To the OP:

Meh - I have a job, three kids, a husband, a car and a mortgage. I think I've earned some time to myself to have a little fun each night. :P

nyuseg.png

swordb88
[ Display Name History ]

swordb88

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • RSN:chicken beak
the 3 things women dont do

go online

go to the bathroom alone

fart
LOL invite? PM me :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

go to the bathroom alone

this is partially true...
I saw two teenage girls walk out of the public restroom together where I work.

there's only one toilet in our restrooms.......

Posted Image

Posted Image

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
What girls do in the bathroom is a closely guarded secret ;)

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

To the OP:

Meh - I have a job, three kids, a husband, a car and a mortgage. I think I've earned some time to myself to have a little fun each night. :P

That's not what the husband is for?

Also, the moms play RS and the kids quit playing. Coincidence?

go to the bathroom alone

this is partially true...
I saw two teenage girls walk out of the public restroom together where I work.

there's only one toilet in our restrooms.......

Lol. Sadly, that doesn't surprise me. Er, a lot. A lot of women seem to treat the bathroom as some strange form of social interaction. I think. I'm far from an expert on women...

Maybe more women would go on the internet if they had internet in bathrooms O.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

Shh! You've already said too much! :unsure:

nyuseg.png

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Also, the moms play RS and the kids quit playing. Coincidence?

EDIT: I don't know if it's just me, but the 360p seems to freeze half way through. Turn it up to 480p and it should work fine.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

There's no such thing as a secret when you're on the internet.

*looks up subject on google*

:blink: :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slayer_Jesse
[ Display Name History ]

Slayer_Jesse

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  • RSN:Slayer Jesse
Posted Image
just messing with you, but yeeeaaaah....

It does create some amusing situations... Just earlier today, someone said, "So Forsaken, I heard you like men," like that's supposed to be an insult. My response: "Yea, I'm a girl. So?" Troll: "Oh." :thumbup:

So. Much. Win. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Siggy credits

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,491 posts
Plenty of girls play rs.

not sure what this topic is about though, is it about girls dealing with sexists? About the reasons female players are rare? Or the general immaturity of most (male) runescapers and how they act towards girls?

Really I see little discussion value.

1.) Sexism on the internet - herp derp whats new?

2.) Inb4 someone gives a sexist reason such as girls have different interests - and female gamers start raging

3.) Guys on rs asking for a hot gf or general creeping on female players, what else new? when they arent doing that they are telling fart jokes

Not against this topic, I havent seen a thread on this topic in a while but its about as cliche and annoying a topic as UMG JAMFLEX BOTS R BACK FIX IT PLOX

Freakyhair
[ Display Name History ]

Freakyhair

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Plenty of girls play rs.

not sure what this topic is about though, is it about girls dealing with sexists? About the reasons female players are rare? Or the general immaturity of most (male) runescapers and how they act towards girls?

Really I see little discussion value.

1.) Sexism on the internet - herp derp whats new?

2.) Inb4 someone gives a sexist reason such as girls have different interests - and female gamers start raging

3.) Guys on rs asking for a hot gf or general creeping on female players, what else new? when they arent doing that they are telling fart jokes

Not against this topic, I havent seen a thread on this topic in a while but its about as cliche and annoying a topic as UMG JAMFLEX BOTS R BACK FIX IT PLOX

no your not i already gave a sexistr reason. man sexism annoys me, girls are different to guys. girls that are more like guys have too much testosterone. from my experience in life all the girls ive known that have had similar interests than me have turned out to be lesbians/trannys. no joke :unsure:

plus rs is different to standard video games..

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

man sexism annoys me

girls are different to guys

:wall:

blakdragon39
[ Display Name History ]

blakdragon39

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • RSN:Blakdragon39
  • Clan:MASORS
I've been playing this game for.. too many years. :P I really can't remember when I started. :blink: Anyways, I've always played as a female character (except for one one-hour stint where I tried being a male character). I've never really had problems with people hitting on me. :P Though I did notice when I was a male character for that hour or so, a lot less talking seemed to happen. :P The only real thing I've noticed about being female, is that I'm the only female whose been around my clan and hasn't left. A few of them left the clan because they didn't like the strict rules the clan keeps. (No swearing on the cc or irc channel's seemed to upset them most..)

I'm not sure whether or not I stuck to the point. I kind of just spouted whatever thoughts about being female runescape came into my head. :P
Posted Image

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
You know what we should do? We should nuke all females! And you know what next step would be? Nuke ourself :thumbsup:

FirenLazah
[ Display Name History ]

FirenLazah

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • RSN:Atomsk
GUYS LOOK AT ME IM A FEMALE AND IM PLAYING AN MMORPG XDD DONT HIT ON ME SILLY BOYS.

I don't care if you're female and playing an MMORPG, so long as you don't do that crap.

Posted Image

Patr1ck
[ Display Name History ]

Patr1ck

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,009 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Lads
  • RSN2:Swag_Squared
  • Clan:OfTheGods

...I'm 100% female in real life...

Oh I thought you were 50%, :rolleyes:
Posted Image

The_Star_King
[ Display Name History ]

The_Star_King

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 48 posts

man sexism annoys me

girls are different to guys

:wall:

Erm, girls and guys are undeniably different from each other. That's not sexism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users