Females playing RS?

Jinx1594

It's an ongoing discussion believe me. :P

http://forum.tip.it/...t-on-runescape/

Well that's my old thread and you must admit mine is actually written creatively. :) Jagex also twittered that link.

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the discussion. :D Helps people realize just how many of us are really out there, not to mention break some people's worlds a bit that the internet is only for guys. XD Gender really shouldn't be a determining factor for who are you status wise in the game. Just because we're female doesn't make us second class.

Seems to be a huge spike in sexist commentary lately in game though... Then again, might just be in the clan chat I am that's currently targeted by spammers. Ugh. <_<

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, maybe if everyone couldn't TELL you were a couple they wouldn't want to piss you off. When I see a guy and girl following each other around calling each other hon and going *kiss*, I see a 13 year old sucker and a guy pretending to be a girl for money. The impulse to make fun of them is pretty understandable (not that I do it).

Previous names:

il Barbie li - il Ken li

S T E V - S T E Vs Gal

A few more...

Current names:

il Foreva li - il Alwayz li

It's kinda hard not to tell. :P.

That was his point :thumbup:

Ooo, I somehow missed the n't after the could >.<

My bad. :P.

09144a99bb.png

Lol, maybe if everyone couldn't TELL you were a couple they wouldn't want to piss you off. When I see a guy and girl following each other around calling each other hon and going *kiss*, I see a 13 year old sucker and a guy pretending to be a girl for money. The impulse to make fun of them is pretty understandable (not that I do it).

Previous names:

il Barbie li - il Ken li

S T E V - S T E Vs Gal

A few more...

Current names:

il Foreva li - il Alwayz li

It's kinda hard not to tell. :P.

That was his point :thumbup:

Ooo, I somehow missed the n't after the could >.<

My bad. :P.

No problem twinkle face.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Everyone will say they are 16/f/Florida and looking for some action, but tbh they're all 50 year old creeps or FBI agents.

That's very true about the fake women that play. Apparently their all from florida and they will have names like Sarah/amy/Jess. lol. On runescape you can tell the fake girls. Blonde hair, pigtails. And they usually act like a boy.

Other then that I kinda don't like being called a guy player. But who else to blame, but 12 yr old boys.

But I end up going around with my fiance on rs usually so I don't really get that guy comment much, which I'm happy about.

As for me 22/f/nj name is Lisa.

I don't quite get it.

You don't get pestered alot because you go around with your fiancé in the game?

And your fiancé has a much larger, muscular body in the game hence frightening away the immature 12 yr olds who otherwise would harrass you in-game?

:ohnoes:

When I'm with my GF playing Soul Wars or something, me being there seems to make it worse... Oddly enough. They do it simply to piss me off. Lol.

My pixel obviously isn't nuff enough... *Grabs Guthans and AFKs bandits for 48 hours*.

Maybe they make fun of you because they think you're lesbians, if your avatar is any judge XD

Dere are no gurlz on teh interwebz.

I just come to this thread for the entertainment value. In fact, outside tipit threads, I've never ran into the whole "no girls on the internet" phenomena before. The only other place I've seen it said is DGS - a rather tipit based DG clan. SO.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Here's a question: why do females always like to bring attention to the fact that they're female?

To talk about how hard it is to be a girl on runescape. Which i always find to be lulzy

I find i get flamed/bothered/trolled/typical'd LESS with a female character...

Maybe its just me

Because there are idiotic men who like to tout the unfunny line that there are no girls on the internet.

And the funny thing is, waaaaaaaaaaay back in the early days of the Internet that was actually true. o.O"

But I agree, this meme is getting old.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Okay... Gonna post this warning once and only once:

Drop the sexist, stereotypical commentary.

Everyone will say they are 16/f/Florida and looking for some action, but tbh they're all 50 year old creeps or FBI agents.

That's very true about the fake women that play. Apparently their all from florida and they will have names like Sarah/amy/Jess. lol. On runescape you can tell the fake girls. Blonde hair, pigtails. And they usually act like a boy.

Other then that I kinda don't like being called a guy player. But who else to blame, but 12 yr old boys.

But I end up going around with my fiance on rs usually so I don't really get that guy comment much, which I'm happy about.

As for me 22/f/nj name is Lisa.

I don't quite get it.

You don't get pestered alot because you go around with your fiancé in the game?

And your fiancé has a much larger, muscular body in the game hence frightening away the immature 12 yr olds who otherwise would harrass you in-game?

:ohnoes:

When I'm with my GF playing Soul Wars or something, me being there seems to make it worse... Oddly enough. They do it simply to piss me off. Lol.

My fiance & I rarely use the kiss emote at all at each other nor actually type to each other. So Maybe that's why people leave us alone. But then again we tend to play in w119 it's a swe world. We haven't yet got the comment "This isn't a dating game". We're not swe, but the world runs smooth for us both. Other then that we try to stay away from our old home world which was w71. Which has ton's of immature kids. Usually the uk and usa worlds are crap with comments. We got nasty comments for yrs (both guys, "This isn't a dating game", etc). As for us both playing Rs together, when it was roughly 2008 or so, we started getting all 99's together. We are currently duo'ing dungeoneering for 99. The wonders of doing dung is that we don't get nasty comments about being a couple. We also dress the same on Runescape, because I perfer others to want to know we are a couple. I don't really want comments like "Hey babe", "Your hot lets go out", etc.

Also I do get very angry at very negative comments about women. "All women were need to work in kitchen","All women were made to do xxx", etc. I kinda butt into comments like that and tell them to cut it out, since I do find it offensive since I am a woman myself. As for me in rl, both my fiance & I share the chores up. Cooking & Cleaning, we usually do them both together. I do tell other kids/males that I do that. So they will hopefully get that idea out of their head. I also sometimes get that sort of comments from my father, which then it turns into a fight or me ignoring him. Women should speak up more often about themselves, instead of being let down by males.

I can understand why people would think a girl is a guy if their named xxpkxx or have a guy name in their username. I kinda do think the same. I don't actually know any girls that have that sort of name. There's not many that actually pk or do major boss killing. Meaning everyday... I actually never pk'd. I absolutely find pking boring. But I do sometimes play some castlewars. But that's one of the best mini-games. :P

-Lovely Knife-

Edited by Knife412

Lisa <3 Matthew

Lovely_Knife.png

Akount.png

My account stats on Top, Matt's account stats on Bottom

Guest jrhairychest

My fiance & I rarely use the kiss emote at all at each other nor actually type to each other. So Maybe that's why people leave us alone. But then again we tend to play in w119 it's a swe world. We haven't yet got the comment "This isn't a dating game". We're not swe, but the world runs smooth for us both. Other then that we try to stay away from our old home world which was w71. Which has ton's of immature kids. Usually the uk and usa worlds are crap with comments. We got nasty comments for yrs (both guys, "This isn't a dating game", etc). As for us both playing Rs together, when it was roughly 2008 or so, we started getting all 99's together. We are currently duo'ing dungeoneering for 99. The wonders of doing dung is that we don't get nasty comments about being a couple. We also dress the same on Runescape, because I perfer others to want to know we are a couple. I don't really want comments like "Hey babe", "Your hot lets go out", etc.

Also I do get very angry at very negative comments about women. "All women were need to work in kitchen","All women were made to do xxx", etc. I kinda butt into comments like that and tell them to cut it out, since I do find it offensive since I am a woman myself. As for me in rl, both my fiance & I share the chores up. Cooking & Cleaning, we usually do them both together. I do tell other kids/males that I do that. So they will hopefully get that idea out of their head. I also sometimes get that sort of comments from my father, which then it turns into a fight or me ignoring him. Women should speak up more often about themselves, instead of being let down by males.

I can understand why people would think a girl is a guy if their named xxpkxx or have a guy name in their username. I kinda do think the same. I don't actually know any girls that have that sort of name. There's not many that actually pk or do major boss killing. Meaning everyday... I actually never pk'd. I absolutely find pking boring. But I do sometimes play some castlewars. But that's one of the best mini-games. :P

-Lovely Knife-

My missus would probably like this post, but she can't read it until she's finished cooking my tea and done the cleaning up so I've replied instead while sitting down and having a brew.

-Lovely Knife-

My missus would probably like this post, but she can't read it until she's finished cooking my tea and done the cleaning up so I've replied instead while sitting down and having a brew.

I C WAT U DID THAR

I am a female, 24 years old, married, have 2 little boys, and am due with baby #3 in September. I started playing RS when I was 15. The guy I was dating at the time introduced me to it. I stopped playing for a while, but I get horrible insomnia when pregnant so I started playing again when pregnant with my first. I get a lot of comments about being old, but none about being female.

(My husband doesn't play any video games or computer games. He has never been into that kind of thing)

... so, how does sleeping on the couch work for you?

:lol:

nyuseg.png

I got a great plan guys! The feeling i got when i realized this plan was compareable to Galileo's feeling when he discovered world isn't flat, it's round and so on.

ZEEE MASTER PLAN - NUKING FEMALES?

1) Get a travel machine

2) Travel back to 1999

3) Mess up Andrew gowers mind to think "Females don't play games"

*3 leads to*

4) Plant a inception into Andrew gowers mind "Females don't play games"

5) Nuke Runescape, just to make sure (Coordinates: Varrock middle, loads fancy players, X56, y213 - Tactical nuke).

6) Master plan completed

No flaws in this plan, no sir! :lol: :lol:

I got a great plan guys! The feeling i got when i realized this plan was compareable to Galileo's feeling when he discovered world isn't flat, it's round and so on.

ZEEE MASTER PLAN - NUKING FEMALES?

1) Get a travel machine

2) Travel back to 1999

3) Mess up Andrew gowers mind to think "Females don't play games"

*3 leads to*

4) Andrew gower makes only Male gender as avatar, no female!

5) Nuke Runescape, just to make sure (Coordinates: Varrock middle, loads fancy players, X56, y213 - Tactical nuke).

6) Master plan completed

No flaws in this plan, no sir! :lol: :lol:

7) ?

8) Profit!

:rolleyes: :lol:

nyuseg.png

7) ?

8) Profit!

Well, if there are females in Runescape at the time the nuke is sent to Varrock, you could make great profit by picking up drops at Varrock. Maybe we should nuke females banks too? Your a female, can you give me a hint where the banks of female players are? Come on! I got cookies....and Phats!

But as soon as you snitch, i will nuke you too. :thumbsup:

7) ?

8) Profit!

Well, if there are females in Runescape at the time the nuke is sent to Varrock, you could make great profit by picking up drops at Varrock. Maybe we should nuke females banks too? Your a female, can you give me a hint where the banks of female players are? Come on! I got cookies....and Phats!

Well -- I'm not allowed to say, but suffice to say that we ALL go to the bank TOGETHER ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

7) ?

8) Profit!

Well -- I'm not allowed to say, but suffice to say that we ALL go to the bank TOGETHER ... :unsure:

Haha. :thumbup:

Spaz4010.png

This is getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic now but if you are on about going back in time to classic what about the bearded ladies?

beardedladyfo7.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I always wanted to know how they did that, when the Mageover Mage first came out there'd be bearded characters with platemail tops, but that was due to an oversight on Jagex's part.

How do you get beards onto a female base? :blink:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This is getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic now but if you are on about going back in time to classic what about the bearded ladies?

beardedladyfo7.jpg

Wow, it must sucked big time for early female players with a avatar like that. Looks like a male to me lol.